Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-09-2009, 12:49 PM #26

[rquote=2605973&tid=148126&author=bansheewails][rquote=2605971&tid=148126&author=thebeast][rquote=2605965&tid=148126&author=bansheewails]Thats probably why comdoms are the best option for men. And its the only method that gives some protection against std's, if used properly! [/rquote]

Yeah might as well use the condom until you are ready to have a baby with your partner.
I think the condoms and the pill should be more accessible though and FREE to everyone.[/rquote]

I thought contracption was free through your doctor though, in England? Here is a nightmare, €60 to see the doctor then whatever the prescription costs, I remembe having to pay €55 for some antibiotics once. Rip Off Ireland or what![/rquote]

You might be right. My GP is a bit rubbish though. She comes across as quite a cold person. The GP I had before was quite good but then he retired.
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 12:52 PM #27

I go to the clinic for condoms but you have to sit there and wait until it is your turn to see whoever and then have a talk with the nurse. Obviously it is worth all that for contraception but I think they should be free and accessible. Like in all chemists, pharmacists there should be a big free tub of condoms and you just go in and collect some then go. Obviously if I have any immediate problems I will go and see my GP.
Old 26-09-2009, 12:55 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2605971&tid=148126&author=thebeast][rquote=2605965&tid=148126&author=bansheewails]Thats probably why comdoms are the best option for men. And its the only method that gives some protection against std's, if used properly! [/rquote]

Yeah might as well use the condom until you are ready to have a baby with your partner.
I think the condoms and the pill should be more accessible though and FREE to everyone.[/rquote]

They are free if you go to sexual health clinic

Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 12:56 PM #29

[rquote=2606006&tid=148126&author=Tom][rquote=2605971&tid=148126&author=thebeast][rquote=2605965&tid=148126&author=bansheewails]Thats probably why comdoms are the best option for men. And its the only method that gives some protection against std's, if used properly! [/rquote]

They are free if you go to sexual health clinic

[/rquote]

Yeah that is where I go but I just think they should be more accessible. I think at colleges and 6th forms and universities (probably already have it at universities) there should be a place where you can just pick some up and then go.
Old 26-09-2009, 12:59 PM #30

I mean yeah it sounds like I am being closed about this and that yes it is sensible to talk to the nurse and whoever before taking condoms if you get them from a clinic but if you feel 100% fine you don't need the talk all the time. It is better to be safe than sorry and I know if there is any doubt in my mind about something I will go to my GP or the sexual health clinic. I could just go to the shop and buy some but might as well get them for free.
Old 26-09-2009, 01:04 PM #31
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2605893&tid=148126&author=bansheewails]There is a male pill already, but the question remains, would i trust a man enough if he said he was taking the 'male pill'. Everyone needs to be responsible for their own sexual health, and condoms, though not 100% effective, protect against disease and pregnancy. I am afraid more education with regard to contracetpives etc., needs to be taught and this whole' teaching children too much' needs to stop!

I have told my 14 year old about the risks of unprotected sex, including the discovery that early sexual activity and std can cause cervical cancer in women/girls. I think he may now be too traumatised to touch a girl, but he will get over that!

More education, more education etc etc etc![/rquote]

Yeh your right countries with a more open attitude to sex such as the netherlands have lower teenage birth rates, it needs to be taught in schools from an early age and not just the physical act, the emotional side of it too...also in this country parents can insist their children dont take part in sex education lessons...nuts! You cant force people to do anything, its just counterproductive.
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 01:07 PM #32
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2605894&tid=148126&author=Tom]Even though I'm against abortion I think by law anyone who falls pregnant under the age of 16 should have their baby aborted. Plus use shock tactics to get people to understand

[/rquote]

Oh yeh traumatize them for life, cause loads of mental health issues for making a mistake!!
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 01:11 PM #33

[rquote=2606016&tid=148126&author=NettoSuperstar!][rquote=2605893&tid=148126&author=bansheewails]There is a male pill already, but the question remains, would i trust a man enough if he said he was taking the 'male pill'. Everyone needs to be responsible for their own sexual health, and condoms, though not 100% effective, protect against disease and pregnancy. I am afraid more education with regard to contracetpives etc., needs to be taught and this whole' teaching children too much' needs to stop!

I have told my 14 year old about the risks of unprotected sex, including the discovery that early sexual activity and std can cause cervical cancer in women/girls. I think he may now be too traumatised to touch a girl, but he will get over that!

More education, more education etc etc etc![/rquote]

Yeh your right countries with a more open attitude to sex such as the netherlands have lower teenage birth rates, it needs to be taught in schools from an early age and not just the physical act, the emotional side of it too...also in this country parents can insist their children dont take part in sex education lessons...nuts! You cant force people to do anything, its just counterproductive.[/rquote]

Yeah I was a bit naive at like 15/16 but well I was taught things at school and by my parents but it is a good thing I went the other way. Most naive people like me at that age want to experiment and have sex or do that because they are insecure but I went the other way and just wait a while until the special person comes along because since I was like 11/12 I always had the value I just wanted "the one" and that eventhough you can't predict and can split up from the alleged "one" well you might as well wait until your physical and emotional emotions are in tact. I remember at 15/16 I had such lustful feelings and thought about sex but I thought to myself I would not want to do it until I am properly "in love" and that it is connected in an emotional way and not just a physical way.
Old 26-09-2009, 01:13 PM #34

[rquote=2606025&tid=148126&author=NettoSuperstar!][rquote=2605894&tid=148126&author=Tom]Even though I'm against abortion I think by law anyone who falls pregnant under the age of 16 should have their baby aborted. Plus use shock tactics to get people to understand

[/rquote]

Oh yeh traumatize them for life, cause loads of mental health issues for making a mistake!! [/rquote]

You should not have sex in the first place under the age of 16 but if they want to do it, they need to learn more about contraception. Not all of them can use the excuse "I am in the minority who accidently got pregnant"
Old 26-09-2009, 01:15 PM #35
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):

What if the person is raped and they are underaged and the rapist has a STI? The pill needs to be given out to both male and female teens.
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 01:20 PM #36

[rquote=2606049&tid=148126&author=Harry.]What if the person is raped and they are underaged and the rapist has a STI? The pill needs to be given out to both male and female teens.[/rquote]

Yeah it does, both male and female but being raped under the age of 16 is still in the minority. Most teenagers who get pregnant did not use the contraception properly. There are plenty of 20/30 year olds who have never been pregnant because they have used contraception properly. Suppose times have changed and we need to use the method which is used in the netherlands. Teaching children about sex at an early age.
Old 26-09-2009, 01:52 PM #37
Frozen

Favourites (more):

Frozen

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2606064&tid=148126&author=thebeast][rquote=2606049&tid=148126&author=Harry.]What if the person is raped and they are underaged and the rapist has a STI? The pill needs to be given out to both male and female teens.[/rquote]

Yeah it does, both male and female but being raped under the age of 16 is still in the minority. Most teenagers who get pregnant did not use the contraception properly. There are plenty of 20/30 year olds who have never been pregnant because they have used contraception properly. Suppose times have changed and we need to use the method which is used in the netherlands. Teaching children about sex at an early age.[/rquote]

They should be taught as soon as they start primary school. Even one school wanted to start teaching them at 5 byears old!
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 01:58 PM #38

i think if anyone gets pregnant,, over the age of 12,, they should be able to do exactly what they want with the baby... but if anyone here is a pregnant teenager,, or knows anyone who is,, then my advice would would be without a doubt: keep the baby,, no matter what you think about the situation right now,, if you have an abortion,, then in time,, i can promise that you feel just slightly bad,, that you had a temination and that you ruined someones life. xx
staceyxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 02:02 PM #39

[rquote=2606139&tid=148126&author=staceyxxx]i think if anyone gets pregnant,, over the age of 12,, they should be able to do exactly what they want with the baby... but if anyone here is a pregnant teenager,, or knows anyone who is,, then my advice would would be without a doubt: keep the baby,, no matter what you think about the situation right now,, if you have an abortion,, then in time,, i can promise that you feel just slightly bad,, that you had a temination and that you ruined someones life. xx[/rquote]

Also a minority people like 12/13 year olds who get pregnant may be told by doctors that there is more risk of them dying before or while giving birth because they are not fully developed and there could be a chance of the person giving birth dying and the baby dying at the same time.
Old 26-09-2009, 02:43 PM #40
Banned

Banned

Teenage pregnancy is just a sad fact of our world, due to media influences and other factors kids 'grow up' faster then ever. Kids aren't allowed to be just kids for as long as they used to and that's part of the problem.

The best thing to do is to prepare and educate teenagers as much as possible.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:15 PM #41

[rquote=2606232&tid=148126&author=Dezzy]Teenage pregnancy is just a sad fact of our world, due to media influences and other factors kids 'grow up' faster then ever. Kids aren't allowed to be just kids for as long as they used to and that's part of the problem.

The best thing to do is to prepare and educate teenagers as much as possible. [/rquote]

Yes Dezzy New Labour (12 years wasted)
Failed in the UK Education
great that they are getting Kicked out Of Power.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:18 PM #42
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

[rquote=2605869&tid=148126&author=NettoSuperstar!]The UK has the highest rates of teenage pregnancy in western Europe...and rising...Why? and How should we tackle the problem? (Im thinking about it, will get back to yer)...I think it starts with lack of education and openess in this country[/rquote]

I think it's a number of things. I think we could blame Thatcher for a large part of it. Her ideas and intentions during the eighties brought about the breakdown of the nuclear family and created numerous different dysfunctional family structures.

Now in the UK we don't appear to have any clear family structures. We don't have a clear cut way of raising kids - it's all ad hoc and usually based upon what services and trade the industry is selling us.

I think to change things it will take a concerted effort by the government to give more benefits to the male/female family structure. Now, the usual response to this is, what if the woman or man are difficult to live with? Well... this way, you will only split up if it is completely necessary and importantly you will only get married if it is necessary...

also... you will only have kids if you are able to.

There is far too much attached to freedom of the person, human rights without in this case considering the welfare of the child. We have such a stable economy that every individual is looked after, if they find the right avenues - nearly everyone can get a roof over their heads and food as well and also a job as well.

The welfare of the individual is forgotten and therefore we should change things.

Although, there is no job for life (apparently) anymore and every other thing is hit and miss... no wonder families have problems. It's the uncertainty of life that started off since the Thatcher years that has escalated these problems.
MassiveTruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:32 PM #43
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

[rquote=2606049&tid=148126&author=Harry.]What if the person is raped and they are underaged and the rapist has a STI? The pill needs to be given out to both male and female teens.[/rquote]

The pill doesn't stop all STI's and I think the closest thing we have to stopping the spread are condoms but there is still contact between genitalia, or parts of the genitalia with that.

It's starts with the parent.

I think it starts with TV.

Stop all soaps, all lo-bro programming. Cancel X Factor and stuff - only educational, informative documentaries and the news with hard hitting edgy dramas.

No rubbish.

That will solve problems because then the parents won't watch that rubbish while the kids are out there getting shagged behind skips, on top of skips or maybe even underneath skips.
MassiveTruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:40 PM #44
Ex Member

Ex Member

Aaah meh. People were made to produce sex cells at a certain age for a reason, duh. God (or whatever you believe in) didn't make reproductive organs so that people are forced to wait for years. I don't think there should be a age limit. Don't really think it's a problem, makes me prouder to be British actually.
Zac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 03:54 PM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2606025&tid=148126&author=NettoSuperstar!][rquote=2605894&tid=148126&author=Tom]Even though I'm against abortion I think by law anyone who falls pregnant under the age of 16 should have their baby aborted. Plus use shock tactics to get people to understand

[/rquote]

Oh yeh traumatize them for life, cause loads of mental health issues for making a mistake!! [/rquote]

you know i'm all for extreme measures
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 AM #46

its all down to lack of proper sex ed in schools its not even a new thing cos what i had at school was rubbish and i knew it all via friends anyway it needs to be better taught and from a earlier age also parents need to be straight with their kids give them facts and stuff rather than hiding behind being embarrassed
pinkmichk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 AM #47

its all down to lack of proper sex ed in schools its not even a new thing cos what i had at school was rubbish and i knew it all via friends anyway it needs to be better taught and from a earlier age also parents need to be straight with their kids give them facts and stuff rather than hiding behind being embarrassed
pinkmichk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
pregnancy, teenage