Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Reality TV Reality TV Show Discussion. Including Survivor, America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race and The Only Way is Essex.

Old 26-02-2010, 10:18 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
If the fight was as serious as they made it out to be then they wouldn't have shown it or mentioned it in any form and it wouldn't have gotten that serious since MTV would STILL be liable for any harm. It was probably staged, it's the quiet moments that are most likely real and the big fights and stuff are staged for ratings. After seeing the picture of the house that fall was DEFINITELY staged, considering his position on the floor in the video and the height he'd have a lot more markings, dirt and cuts on his face then he did.

The picture's done nothing but improve the chances of that incident being staged, it was theoretically impossible before but now it's impossible. The crew would have got involved since it could have potentially led to MTV being brought into a Attempted Murder/Murder/GBH case.

If that other clip was real then MTV would have stepped in long before anyone was in such a state that their bloody handprints were on the walls. Believe the fights are real if you want but it's basically impossible without MTV being liable for the HM's safety.

LOL! youre ridiculous! that is in infamy in teh Real World, and people get hurt all the time on the program. If you seen the Challenges, there was a fight when this dude Brad, got punches so badly he almost lost his eye. Its fair enough youy dont believe some things are real on the show, but to call everything fake, fake, all the time, even the ones that are obviously not fake, just is silly! That fight on the clip, was obviously not fake. The stuff that youre seeng on that clip, is not even what was shown on the show. Thats the stuff they didnt show, after the beginning of the fight, which is all that was shown. THat clip is actually called "stuff they didnt show". There is history between those 2 people, they have fought 3 times in total on the RW show and on the challenges. THe 2 of them got sent home after the punch up, because its on their contract. And that potentially cost them alomst 1/2 a million dollars. I am not even gonna say more, because that whole fight was infamous. This is not BB, where they are worried about OFcom and craap like that! Real World is nowhere under the same scrutiny, and yeah, people sing non liability agreements. The RW shows are actually tame compared to the stuff they do on their Challenges, which are compewtitions between former housemates, where they can win loads of money, and that clip was from one of those challenges.

anyways, here's the Brad Darrell thing:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat!

Last edited by Wildcat!; 26-02-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Wildcat! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 10:43 AM #52
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Banned

Favourites (more):

I wonder if Ty will be kicked off the show for this, personally i think he should but the fact that he didnt punch him will probably let him off
ILoveTRW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 11:41 AM #53

naaa! It was an accident. They were not fighting or Anything.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 26-02-2010, 12:14 PM #54
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat! View Post
naaa! It was an accident. They were not fighting or Anything.
well they andrew did pour a drink over him and then he pushed him off the balcony, maybe not deliberately but he still did
Old 26-02-2010, 12:23 PM #55

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

OMFG that just shows how Fake it is tbh.
Twilight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 01:22 PM #56
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

haters ****
Old 26-02-2010, 02:05 PM #57
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

interview with one of the cast members, Mike, about the push. and the girl interviewing Mike was on the Street at the time of the push and watched it first hand

its real just accept that the drama on the real world is 1000000000x bigger than BBs
Old 26-02-2010, 04:42 PM #58
Banned

Banned

Quote:
LOL! youre ridiculous! that is in infamy in teh Real World, and people get hurt all the time on the program. If you seen the Challenges, there was a fight when this dude Brad, got punches so badly he almost lost his eye. Its fair enough youy dont believe some things are real on the show, but to call everything fake, fake, all the time, even the ones that are obviously not fake, just is silly! That fight on the clip, was obviously not fake. The stuff that youre seeng on that clip, is not even what was shown on the show. Thats the stuff they didnt show, after the beginning of the fight, which is all that was shown. THat clip is actually called "stuff they didnt show". There is history between those 2 people, they have fought 3 times in total on the RW show and on the challenges. THe 2 of them got sent home after the punch up, because its on their contract. And that potentially cost them alomst 1/2 a million dollars. I am not even gonna say more, because that whole fight was infamous. This is not BB, where they are worried about OFcom and craap like that! Real World is nowhere under the same scrutiny, and yeah, people sing non liability agreements. The RW shows are actually tame compared to the stuff they do on their Challenges, which are compewtitions between former housemates, where they can win loads of money, and that clip was from one of those challenges.

anyways, here's the Brad Darrell thing:
All the big fights pretty much HAVE to be staged/faked/exaggerated because like I've stated before the production company has a DUTY OF CARE to it's employees (including the castmates obviously) and it's a point that neither you or DC have managed to squah yet. If the crew doesn't intervene in a situation that could prove very harmful to a crew member or HM then they are liable for it. I'm not gonna repeat myself any more since I've basically stated this point in detail before.

The fact that they showed the 'fight' in this 'Stuff they didn't show' episode basically tells me it was most likely exaggerated at best because if it got as severe as they said and nobody intervened then MTV would be liable for any harm and showing the episode in question would only serve to incriminate themselves if it did happen. Even taking the liability issue out of it, MTV could be charged with negligence if they REALLY let someone push another person of a balcony or if a fight got so severe.

I never once referred to Ofcom so nice job in trying to stuff words in my mouth, I've kept it strictly to law. I've conceded that the less dramatic moments of RL are likely to be real but these big moments are just too fishy to be true. People give MTV too much credit. Enjoy the RW for what it is, trashy fun. It's nothing more or nothing less.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 05:00 PM #59
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

some more angles

Last edited by ILoveTRW; 26-02-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 AM #60
I <3 Katniss & Nicole

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Elissa
BB12 USA: Kathy
I <3 Katniss & Nicole

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Elissa
BB12 USA: Kathy

I think Ty should have gotten kicked out of the house for what he did. Drunk or not, he still should not have pushed Andrew off of the balcony.
BB4LIFE_SD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 AM #61
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB4LIFE_SD View Post
I think Ty should have gotten kicked out of the house for what he did. Drunk or not, he still should not have pushed Andrew off of the balcony.
definitely and the fact that he started getting drunk again a week later is even worse

emily is so in the right
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 AM #62
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

another idea of how far the drop was
Old 05-03-2010, 10:11 AM #63
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

and proof of it happening to all of the haters
Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 AM #64
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Just because you see something on camera, dosn't mean it really happened that way. How hard can that be to grasp?

Look at the way he is throwing him down. He dosn't just push him off in anger, he seemingly holds him by the leg for most of the way down, ensuring a safer drop. He almost drags himself over in the process for christ sake.

The fact that you keep referencing back to ... The Real World ... to prove ... The Real World ... is real is laughable. Come on. They are hardly going to say 'Hey yo, it was all fake guys. Why bother watching us?'.

OH and sorry to burst the bubble but that exact type of fall was attempted on a wrestling show once. It's called a catch break. You bring your own weight down along with the 'victim' - almost dragging him up at the same time as he is falling - and thus the speed and impact of the fall are halfed and the 'victim' only really starts to fall about two thirds of the way down to the ground.

That's if a crash mat was not already there. It's a shame all the angles are so damn crap.

Last edited by Stu; 05-03-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:27 AM #65
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
Just because you see something on camera, dosn't mean it really happened that way. How hard can that be to grasp?

Look at the way he is throwing him down. He dosn't just push him off in anger, he seemingly holds him by the leg for most of the way down, ensuring a safer drop. He almost drags himself over in the process for christ sake.
yes but he had just thrown a drink over him.

Quote:
The fact that you keep referencing back to ... The Real World ... to prove ... The Real World ... is real is laughable. Come on. They are hardly going to say 'Hey yo, it was all fake guys. Why bother watching us?'.
where the **** have i done that??? edit

Last edited by James; 05-03-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: insult
Old 05-03-2010, 10:31 AM #66
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Here is where you have done it, edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveDC View Post
interview with one of the cast members, Mike, about the push. and the girl interviewing Mike was on the Street at the time of the push and watched it first hand

its real just accept that the drama on the real world is 1000000000x bigger than BBs

Last edited by James; 05-03-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: insult
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:51 PM #67

Quote:
Love DC. I know you like the RW. I like it too, and i know overall, its a pretty real show. I dont think they ever do anything because they were told to do it. They might act up probably,knowing cameras are around, but some of the things that happen which obviously dont make the network look good, accidents, bloody fights, are obviously real.

I dont see why you think you should convince others and stuff, they believe what they believe. Just enjoy watching a great show. Tibb isnt exactly the place to furum about it. BUt there are plenty of others, thats where I go after watching episodes.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 PM #68
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Love DC. I know you like the RW. I like it too, and i know overall, its a pretty real show. I dont think they ever do anything because they were told to do it. They might act up probably,knowing cameras are around, but some of the things that happen which obviously dont make the network look good, accidents, bloody fights, are obviously real.

I dont see why you think you should convince others and stuff, they believe what they believe. Just enjoy watching a great show. Tibb isnt exactly the place to furum about it. BUt there are plenty of others, thats where I go after watching episodes.
i know i should just ignore them but i cant stand them hating on it when they havent even seen it

happy birthday by the way
Old 05-03-2010, 03:27 PM #69
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Still not believing it, it's strange to say how many cameras were one scene that night that no one (or any CCTV) managed catch the actual landing which is most likely because he landed on a safety matt and plus Stu'd point about how he safely dropped him stacks up against it too. For me to believe it I'd have to see the entirety of the fall because chances are it was just a publicity stunt.

Remember what the cast consists of, pretty people who want an easy life that's documented in US weekly and a potential VH1 spinoff show. They're hardly gonna blink at a stunt that could bring that dream of D-list stardom to fruitition. Like I've said before if any moments are true in RL it'll be the quiet ones as there's no pressure on the cast to be dramatic or loud and such.

I'm not even gonna touch on the fact that in the end their body language betrays them. Haven't you noticed in all the dramatic clips that there's a lot of pauses? Like what you'd see in the Hills? And the fact that the dialogue and arguments aren't like anything like real life. Next time you see an argument in real life between two people think about an argument you've seen on RL and compare it, the pacings all wrong for a real argument on RL because they're rehearsed and carried out by pretty and untalented wannabe actors.

Remember at the end of the day all the cast wants are the magazine deals, they'll go along with anything.

Like Wildcat said, believe what you like. This is only my opinion on it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:11 PM #70
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

As Ray William Jonshon (from =3 on Youtube) would say

"Fake and gay"
Old 05-03-2010, 04:40 PM #71
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

A murder attempt would surely make the show stop and end there and then?
\PJ/ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:41 PM #72
Banned

Favourites (more):

Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PJ. View Post
A murder attempt would surely make the show stop and end there and then?
he denied it
Old 05-03-2010, 05:03 PM #73

I've deleted some posts because of insults.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:04 PM #74
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

I was enjoying that
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote