Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:29 PM #1

Default Anyone know how the ratings are holding up etc.

Just wondered this cos lots of people I know have said that they have lost interest and stopped watching so much. Th Has BB been one week too long this year for the viewers and has it added to the stress of the housemates. Would welcome your views. Is the reason for the extra week just to get more revenue for them
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:36 PM #2

I think that is the reason for the extra week. Personally I have stopped watching the live feed or the highlights show at night (although I still watch BBLB because I really like Dermot), and I think it's gone downhill ever since Science left. I do catch the repeated highlights in the morning. Quite a few of my friends have stopped watching it regularly as well. I think the main reasons I have heard given are that there has just been too much conflict this year - a bit of conflict is good, but not too much. Also the contestants seem more and more desperate for their fame, and will go to lengths which sometimes are a bit too far. I think the main reason for the housemates being stressed is that the program makers have deliberately picked people who they know won't get on. I have said this before, but I really believe that there weren't many people in the house this year that viewers could identify with. In the earlier series, the contestants had big personalities, but they were still people who you could identify with (I'm thinking of people like Helen, Paul, Bubble, Brian, Alex, Jonny, etc., etc). Most of the contestants in this series (and to a lesser extent in BB5) seem to be very OTT, and sterotypes. When a bunch of people are stuck together in a house where there's no escape, there will inevitably be conflict - sometimes I think the program makers try too hard to create extra conflict.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 12:43 PM #3

iep i agree since science left it has been crap ihe should still be in im only watching bits and pieces now but i will be watching the eviction tonight
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:11 PM #4
Jolly good

Jolly good

The ratings for the last week have been around 4-5 million which I think was slightly higher than the previous week. Although I guess you would expect the ratings to grow as the finish approaches.

The ratings for the Saturday highlights are considerably lower than the other days.

Overall the ratings are comparable to other years, BB3 had the highest average for the nightly shows but they do have more spin-off shows now than then.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:16 PM #5

I think the reason for the extra week is so they get more revenue. I havent really been watching much of the show over the past week or so, i was totally gutted when Maxwell went because he provided brilliant entertainment but eventually i got over it and realised theres still Anthony and Science left, now Science has gone the show has gone downhill in my opinion. The majority of the GBP have voted badly this year.
Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:18 PM #6
WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I think the reason for the extra week is so they get more revenue. I havent really been watching much of the show over the past week or so, i was totally gutted when Maxwell went because he provided brilliant entertainment but eventually i got over it and realised theres still Anthony and Science left, now Science has gone the show has gone downhill in my opinion. The majority of the GBP have voted badly this year.
yepe, it was shocking when they voted maxwell out.
Kore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:19 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
I think that is the reason for the extra week. Personally I have stopped watching the live feed or the highlights show at night (although I still watch BBLB because I really like Dermot), and I think it's gone downhill ever since Science left. I do catch the repeated highlights in the morning. Quite a few of my friends have stopped watching it regularly as well. I think the main reasons I have heard given are that there has just been too much conflict this year - a bit of conflict is good, but not too much. Also the contestants seem more and more desperate for their fame, and will go to lengths which sometimes are a bit too far. I think the main reason for the housemates being stressed is that the program makers have deliberately picked people who they know won't get on. I have said this before, but I really believe that there weren't many people in the house this year that viewers could identify with. In the earlier series, the contestants had big personalities, but they were still people who you could identify with (I'm thinking of people like Helen, Paul, Bubble, Brian, Alex, Jonny, etc., etc). Most of the contestants in this series (and to a lesser extent in BB5) seem to be very OTT, and sterotypes. When a bunch of people are stuck together in a house where there's no escape, there will inevitably be conflict - sometimes I think the program makers try too hard to create extra conflict.
Couldn't agree more. I find myself watching it less and enjoying it even less than that. Craig's funny though I guess.
Get Derek out!
science_to_win is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:02 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Maxwell was awesome, my fav housemate of all time with Victor, Anthony and Derek a close second..Max was hella funny and should of stayed
SMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
holding, ratings