Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 28-03-2010, 03:40 PM #1
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Default Was his transfer as a result of some secret deal?

Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi has blocked publication of medical reports on his condition.

Seven months have passed since he was freed from prison on compassionate grounds and allowed to go home to Libya after medical evidence indicated he only had three months to live.

East Renfrewshire Council, which is in weekly contact with Megrahi under the terms of his release, had asked the bomber if his medical reports could be released, after an approach by Labour MSP Lord Foulkes.

These could be released, with Megrahi's permission. But a council official said in a letter to Lord Foulkes: "I have been advised, however, that Mr Megrahi does not consent to the release of his personal data."

And the Labour peer hit out: "If the medical evidence backed up the decision to release Megrahi, then there should be no reason why it can't be published.

"The refusal by Megrahi, his lawyers and ministers can only mean they have something to hide. It is a matter of public importance."

Megrahi was greeted by cheering crowds in Tripoli after flying home from Scotland, scenes which prompting widespread revulsion in Britain and the US.

Scottish justice secretary Kenny MacAskill cited the three-month prognosis when he released the convicted bomber on August 20 last year.

Tory justice spokesman Bill Aitken said: "This is getting ridiculous. The public has a right to know the full details of why the Lockerbie bomber was released, including backdated reports and all ongoing medical assessments."
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 04:03 PM #2
You know my methods

You know my methods

We have forgiven him like we also have been forgiven, he will face final judgement soon.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 04:23 PM #3
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
We have forgiven him like we also have been forgiven, he will face final judgement soon.
Tell that to the relatives of the victims of the bomb on Pan Am flight 103, I am sure they would all whole heartedly agree with you.
Old 28-03-2010, 05:26 PM #4
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi has blocked publication of medical reports on his condition.

Seven months have passed since he was freed from prison on compassionate grounds and allowed to go home to Libya after medical evidence indicated he only had three months to live.

East Renfrewshire Council, which is in weekly contact with Megrahi under the terms of his release, had asked the bomber if his medical reports could be released, after an approach by Labour MSP Lord Foulkes.

These could be released, with Megrahi's permission. But a council official said in a letter to Lord Foulkes: "I have been advised, however, that Mr Megrahi does not consent to the release of his personal data."

And the Labour peer hit out: "If the medical evidence backed up the decision to release Megrahi, then there should be no reason why it can't be published.

"The refusal by Megrahi, his lawyers and ministers can only mean they have something to hide. It is a matter of public importance."

Megrahi was greeted by cheering crowds in Tripoli after flying home from Scotland, scenes which prompting widespread revulsion in Britain and the US.

Scottish justice secretary Kenny MacAskill cited the three-month prognosis when he released the convicted bomber on August 20 last year.

Tory justice spokesman Bill Aitken said: "This is getting ridiculous. The public has a right to know the full details of why the Lockerbie bomber was released, including backdated reports and all ongoing medical assessments."
He should never have been released - whatever the prognosis - he should have died in jail! Why on earth should we show compassion for him - when he showed none for those, including babies and children, on that plane! He is filth!

Certainly some sort of secret deal seems more and more likely! Hope he rots in hell!

Last edited by WOMBAI; 28-03-2010 at 05:33 PM.
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 05:40 PM #5
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Tell that to the relatives of the victims of the bomb on Pan Am flight 103, I am sure they would all whole heartedly agree with you.
many do agree. to forgive is to move on. revenge is best left to hollywood.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 05:42 PM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
many do agree. to forgive is to move on. revenge is best left to hollywood.
That is so easy to say - when not one of yours! Words are cheap!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 05:49 PM #7
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
many do agree.
Prove it!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
deal, result, secret, transfer