Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:50 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam
Default Postal Vote Fraud

"Voter fraud could determine the outcome of the general election as evidence has emerged of massive postal vote rigging. Police have launched 50 criminal inquiries nationwide amid widespread cases of electoral rolls being packed with "bogus" voters.

Officials have reported a flood of postal vote applications in marginal seats, and there is actually a possibility that the result of the election could be decided by electoral fraud.

The Metropolitan Police are examining 28 claims of major abuses across 12 boroughs, with 4 separate investigations in Tower Hamlets.

LABOUR supporters stand accused of packing the electoral roll at the last minute with relatives living overseas or simply inventing phantom voters." (Daily Mail today)

This is typical of New Labour who will lie and cheat to stay in power. Unsurprisingly it's immigrants who are taking advantage of the loophole in postal voting (which has only cursory checks in place) since they are requesting postal votes for relatives who do not even live in this country. Now we know why New Labour were so keen to extend postal voting, and to keep our borders open.

There is NO WAY that Labour can win this election UNLESS there is fraudulent voting. God what a despicable party. Vote rigging is rife in many parts of the world, but this country has always had an honourable democracy. This to me just epitomises everything that is wrong with New Labour.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:08 PM #2

Postal voting is a really bad idea for the following reasons. The ballot is no longer completely secret. Nothing to stop someone selling his/her vote. People might get intimidated or bribed into voting a certain way. The post can be intercepted. The authorites know who everyone voted for.

No reason to have it, apart from for people who actually can't get to a polling station.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:23 PM #3
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

[QUOTE=James;3208363
No reason to have it, apart from for people who actually can't get to a polling station.[/QUOTE]

Me & my husband us it cause we are both disabled, cause i our polling station is not walking distance for us, but i agree with you James it should be for people who only really need it, it's most definitely open to abuse...IMO

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fraud, postal, vote