Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Old 28-10-2005, 10:48 AM #1

Default lesley sanderson attacked at hotel in leeds

hey everybody lesley sanderson has been raped at the great lion hotel in leeds after a date with a man she met at a photo shoot in london a while back went horribly wrong , she asked the man to leave her hotel so she could get some sleep as she was really tired but instead his viciously raped her and left her pieces sobbing and covered in bruises, now personally i think that is sick to to something to anyone like that and put them through all that pain , it's disgusting , now personally i didn't like her myself in big brother because she was very bitvhy and loud mouthed and quite gobby , but she didn't deserve that , now i feel really bad for lesley , i mean she's still young in fact only 19 for that matter out to have a good time and then this happens it's just terrible it really is , i think people like that want there bollocks shooting off then they wont do it again , they're are a lot of evil sick ******** out there in this world , i know there isn't much would can be for lesley now but we can start a petition on her to show our love and support for her through out this terrible ordeal so i ask you if you are reading this now people feel free to sign it with your name below this page , please create another page and sign your name on it and i will see what i can do with it when i have all the names signed , i am also willing to sign this myself so please do the same , do not do it for me , do it for lesley please

Danni marie xxxx
Babydoll456 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 12:12 PM #2
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Whether I liked or disliked Lesley as a BB housemate is irrelevant today. The fact remains that a vicious assault has allegedly been carried out on a young woman, and that is wrong.

If this story is correct, then I do support Lesley, the same as I would support anyone who had been assaulted.

Professional help and the love of her friends and family is what she will need right now. However, it is a nice gesture Babydoll456 to start a thread in support of her so that people can have their say also.

I hope she can get past this, and the man responsible is made to atone for what he has done.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 01:14 PM #3

Whatever anyone thought of her in big brother is irrelevant, she did not deserve to be viciously attacked in this way. It's going to be hard for her to live with this and I hope the sicko who raped her get's made to pay.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 01:40 PM #4

I was never Lesley's biggest fan whilst she was inside the house but she doesn't deserve whats happend to her, hopefully the attacker is caught and then put behind bars where he belongs.
Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 02:28 PM #5

I echo the thoughts of everybody else on this thread.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 04:11 PM #6

Default Ex-BB contestant says she was raped

[News Story]

Ex-BB contestant says she was raped

A former Big Brother contestant has told police she was raped in a hotel room by a man following a date, it has been reported.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was allegedly attacked by a man in his 20s at The Golden Lion Hotel, in Leeds city centre last month.

A friend told The Sun how the victim is "completely traumatised" by the assault, which happened after she had been for a night out with the man.

She said her friend was having a difficult time following her appearance on the Channel 4 reality show and the sexual assault was "the last thing she needs".

The friend said: "It was a horrendous experience and she's in a terrible state.

"This attack is the last thing she needs. She's devastated and feels so alone."

She said the woman met her alleged attacker in bar in St Albans, Hertfordshire, following a photo-shoot.

They arranged to meet in Leeds a week later, she told the paper.

A West Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said on Thursday: "A man in his 20s has been arrested in relation to an allegation of sexual assault against a woman in her 20s.

"The alleged incident occurred at a hotel in the centre of Leeds on September 28. He was freed on police bail pending further inquiries."

Scotsman
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 06:28 PM #7

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

Yes, I feel for Lesley too
sol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 06:32 PM #8
Administrator

Administrator

See also THIS THREAD.

Agree entirely with what Stropz has said above.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 08:40 PM #9

That's just plain disgusting.
jrc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2005, 12:11 PM #10

The ichuddersfield site has this article - taken from the original Sun article - about this sad story.

Quote:
'My rape ordeal': Big Brother's Lesley

Oct 28 2005

By The Huddersfield Daily Examiner

BIG BROTHER girl Lesley Sanderson is the victim of an alleged rape, it was revealed today.

Lesley, 18, from Skelmanthorpe, has told police she was raped in a hotel room by a man after a date.

She has waived her right of anonymity to talk about the alleged attack in a Leeds hotel.

Lesley declared: "Big Brother has ruined my life.

"I wish I had never done it."

She revealed how, before the alleged rape, she had been:

* Glassed and kicked in clubs

* Verbally abused

* Constantly hassled by men.

Her mother Heather confirmed to the Examiner today that Lesley had left home after a bust-up.

Mrs Sanderson said: "All of this is extremely upsetting and worrying.

"I haven't seen her recently, but know what she's been doing through relatives."

Lesley said the alleged rape was the last in a series of "nasty events" she has endured since appearing in the programme over the summer.

Producers had deliberately portrayed her in a poor light.

The alleged rape reportedly happened last month when she was attacked by a man in his 20s at the Golden Lion Hotel in Leeds city centre.

Lesley revealed her nightmare in a newspaper.

She was not being paid for the interview, the paper said.

Lesley told them: "I can honestly say Big Brother ruined my life. I wish I had never done it.

"People ask me how to get on the show and what advice I can give them. I give them one piece of advice - don't do it."

The reality television star said she met the alleged rapist at a hotel in Luton where she was staying with a female friend before heading to London for a magazine shoot.

Her alleged attacker, a stocky manual worker, approached the pair with a friend and offered drinks.

Lesley said he claimed he did not recognise her and asked if she was famous when she said she was doing a fashion shoot the following day.

Lesley and the man kissed and swapped phone numbers, before meeting a week later after she appeared at Huddersfield nightclub Visage.

She said she thought he was a "perfect gentleman" after walking her home and kissing her before saying goodnight.

The pair swapped affectionate text messages over the next few days and met up again when Lesley went to stay at the Golden Lion Hotel after a row with her mother at home in Skelmanthorpe.

The alleged rapist arrived with beer and vodka and watched television while she chatted on the phone. The attack reportedly happened later that night.

Lesley, who entered the Big Brother house wearing a PVC nurse's outfit, was the second contestant to be voted off the sixth series after just fifteen days in the house.

She famously bared her breasts within 90 minutes of going into the house.

She now blames the reality show for all the trouble she has encountered, saying: "They made me out to be a wicked witch on the programme and edited it so I looked really bad."

She is now seeing a police counsellor.

A West Yorkshire police spokeswoman said today: "A man in his 20s has been arrested in relation to an allegation of sexual assault against a woman in her 20s.

"The alleged incident occurred at a hotel in the centre of Leeds on September 28. He was freed on police bail pending further inquiries."
ichuddersfield website
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2005, 12:23 PM #11

Strange article if you ask me. You have an alleged rape incident mixed in with an attack on Big Brother for ruining Lesley's life while she was on her way to do a photo shoot.

Ever the sceptic to these stories, I shall pass judgement once its been through the courts.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2005, 12:26 PM #12

Sounds like she's in the dog house.

Hope she gets through all the things that have been happening to her, i'd hate to think the thoughts going through her head at this moment.

As for the rapist, you are the scum of the earth. I hope you get locked up and tortured in prison by the man with the soap.

My condolences go to Lesley, Good Luck.
Tanser_Man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2005, 12:30 PM #13
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyJK
Strange article if you ask me. You have an alleged rape incident mixed in with an attack on Big Brother for ruining Lesley's life while she was on her way to do a photo shoot.

Ever the sceptic to these stories, I shall pass judgement once its been through the courts.
I can understand your scepticism, in light of what some people will do for media publicity. I am a tad suspicious also. But, to be fair, if the story is true, then I can also understand why she regrets her stint on Big Brother.

For one, she wouldn't have been in that place at that time if it weren't for BB. She was on her way to a photo shoot, which she wouldn't have been doing if it weren't for BB. She wouldn't have been widely known/recognised and for the most part disliked if it weren't for how she behaved on BB.

However, she is the cause of her own unpopularity. She went on that show, and behaved appallingly and claimed not to care what people thought of her. Obviously she does care what people think of her now. And, she has been subject to all kinds of verbal and physical abuse since she left the show. It's harsh, but that's what happens when you go on a popular hugely public TV show.

But, as I say, if the report is true, then nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted ever.

We will find out in time what really happened... as the old folks say.. "It will all come out in the wash... "
Old 29-10-2005, 01:06 PM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Stropz
Quote:

I can understand your scepticism, in light of what some people will do for media publicity. I am a tad suspicious also. But, to be fair, if the story is true, then I can also understand why she regrets her stint on Big Brother.

For one, she wouldn't have been in that place at that time if it weren't for BB. She was on her way to a photo shoot, which she wouldn't have been doing if it weren't for BB. She wouldn't have been widely known/recognised and for the most part disliked if it weren't for how she behaved on BB.

However, she is the cause of her own unpopularity. She went on that show, and behaved appallingly and claimed not to care what people thought of her. Obviously she does care what people think of her now. And, she has been subject to all kinds of verbal and physical abuse since she left the show. It's harsh, but that's what happens when you go on a popular hugely public TV show.

But, as I say, if the report is true, then nobody deserves to be sexually assaulted ever.

We will find out in time what really happened... as the old folks say.. "It will all come out in the wash... "
I think thats incredibly unfair to blame the show for somebody being raped due to the circumstances of where the alleged victim happened to be at the time. Lesley has done very well since leaving the house and owes that to Big Brother. If this man did rape her after a photo shoot then that is extremely unfortunate but its certainly not Big Brother's fault.

I dunno what it is but theres something about this alleged rape that doesnt sit well with me. Firstly I think its extremely unnatural for genuine rape victims to immediately go public about it and identifying themselves as victims to the world. Secondly Ive read too many cases where innocent people have been accused of rape, had their lives wrecked and careers destroyed only to have their case thrown out of court or convictions quashed while their accuser retains their anonymity and returns back to a normal life. And you know whats to blame for this? The compensation culture and tabloids paying for exclusives stories.

And no I don't think Lesley did anything bad in the house certainly not enough to warrant being disliked or hated by the public. Its only these wretched tabloid readers and idiot fans of the show I vehemently loathe that believe this nonsense and perpetuate it.

Putting the rape incident aside, I have absolutely no sympathy for ex-contestants who say "Big Brother ruined my life". None. Because these same people have benefited from the show in some way financially even making these type of admissions to the press.
Old 30-10-2005, 06:57 PM #15
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

Its all too easy for people to cry rape nowadays.

Why has she waived her right of anonymity?

Lets see it go through the courts.

By the way, men that are accused of sexual assaults should have the right anonymity as well as the girl. Remember John Leslie? He was found not guilty yet his life is ruined.
cc100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 07:13 PM #16
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

Just found this, He was proved innocent after 2 court cases... :

BB Rape Girl Accused Boss Of Assault
Entertainmentwise http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=9946
By: Andy Day on 30/10/2005

"The former boss of the Big Brother house mate at the centre of a rape investigation has revealed that he was accused of sexual assault by the TV wannabe.

Charles Cartwright stood trial twice after being accused of fondling BB star Lesley Sanderson, after the first jury couldn’t reach a conclusion. On the first day of the second trial the judge threw out the case saying that Sanderson’s story was inconsistent.

Ex-pub landlord Cartwright called the buxom reality celebrity a “vile fantasist” and said that her accusation had ruined his life.

Cartwright has now rebuilt his life in Spain but speaking of the incident to the News of the World he said “I have asked myself a thousand times what her motive was. She craves attention, maybe this was a way of getting it.” "

No one would accuse BB house mates of not craving attention, but you would hope that there are better ways of getting it than crying rape.
Old 30-10-2005, 07:42 PM #17

You're absolutely right. It is far too easy for a woman to cry rape. Personally, I think that falsely accusing someone of rape is a disgraceful, despicable thing to do - it can certainly ruin a man's reputation, if not his life. It also makes it a lot harder for genuine rape victims to be believed and receive the help and support they need.

However, what I think people are saying is that IF Lesley is telling the truth, then she has been subjected to a dreadful, horrible attack, and the man responsible should be brought to justice, and hopefully in the future, Lesley will be able to move on.

If she isn't telling the truth, she should be utterly utterly ashamed of herself.

But regardless of what I thought of her in the house, if she has been subjected to such an awful ordeal, then I really hope justice is served, and I wish her well in the future.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2005, 07:48 PM #18
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I might have to leave my opinion at the door til this has been properly investigated.

One thing I will agree with though CC, is that the accused should also have anonymity til it has gone through courts. Especially in light of the rising number of false rape allegations.
Old 31-10-2005, 11:28 AM #19

Quote:
BB Ant's aid for Lesley

BIG Brother winner Anthony Hutton is sending a message of support to fellow housemate Lesley Sanderson as she battles to rebuild her life after an alleged rape.

The busty 20-year-old — who bared her boobs in the BB jacuzzi — claims she was sexually assaulted when a date turned violent.
Anthony, 23, said: “It’s terrible about Lesley. She’s a sound girl.

“I’ve kept in touch with her and we’ve spoken a few times since getting out the house.

“I’m going to ask how she’s doing and see if she’s bearing up OK.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005500438,00.html
Old 31-10-2005, 07:21 PM #20

Well Lesley's probably jeapodized her own case by revealing information to the tabloids classed as sub judice meaning it probably won't even reach court and if it does you can bet the Judge willl throw it out.

I imagine the massive tabloid fee paid to Lesley for her exclusive story was much more attractive than some silly idea of seeing justice being done and her alleged rapist convicted.
Old 31-10-2005, 10:26 PM #21

well this is the first time she hasnt been on faceparty for a while.ive sent her a message on there showing my support
Nikkos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:18 PM #22

Quote:
If this man did rape her after a photo shoot then that is extremely unfortunate but its certainly not Big Brother's fault.

Firstly I think its extremely unnatural for genuine rape victims to immediately go public about it and identifying themselves as victims to the world.

And you know whats to blame for this? The compensation culture and tabloids paying for exclusives stories.

Its only these wretched tabloid readers and idiot fans of the show I vehemently loathe that believe this nonsense and perpetuate it.
The third most heinous crime that anyone can ever commit, if indeed it happened, would be "extremely unfortunate" - murder then, I presume, would be 'a bit nasty'.

Not as unnatural as a man thinking he could ever have any sort of insight on such a matter.

A fat cheque from the tabloids on the back of a false allegation, perhaps. But nobody is ever going to pursue such an allegation for compensation.

You read a tabloid yourself, as you've often stated in your posts.
CharlotteSometimes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:24 PM #23

Quote:
Originally posted by cc100
Remember John Leslie? He was found not guilty yet his life is ruined.
Rightly or wrongly, the old adage 'There's no smoke without fire' tends to stick. There was a plethora of accusors as far as Leslie was concerned too, which wouldn't have helped. And the pics of him snorting lines of coke that were plastered across the front pages of the Sunday papers didn't do his career much good, either.
CharlotteSometimes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:33 PM #24
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlotteSometimes
Quote:
Originally posted by cc100
Remember John Leslie? He was found not guilty yet his life is ruined.
Rightly or wrongly, the old adage 'There's no smoke without fire' tends to stick. There was a plethora of accusors as far as Leslie was concerned too, which wouldn't have helped. And the pics of him snorting lines of coke that were plastered across the front pages of the Sunday papers didn't do his career much good, either.
Fair comment- I dont think that everyone found not guilty is not guilty BUT, its all too easy to point fingers.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:22 PM #25

Quote:
Lesley Sanderson’s Parents Fear For Her Life

And they blame BB for what has happened…

By: Davina Earl on 01/11/2005

The parents of Lesley Sanderson - the BB star currently caught up in a media furore over her rape allegation - have spoken out today about their fears for their daughter.

Paul and Heather Sanderson claim that Lesley’s fortnight of fame in the Channel Four house have destroyed her.

Lesley’s mother told the Star: “I just fear we will get a knock at the door one day telling us she’s been found in a ditch.”

She continued: “We are scared to death for her.”

“She’s wasted all her money on drink, partying and hangers-on. When I heard what had happened to her I was physically sick.”

“All this has happened since she went on Big Brother. Our lives will never be the same again.”

“No-one from the show warned us there was a chance of anything like this. I just wish she’d never got on the show in the first place…As we watched her over the two weeks we saw all the confidence and fun drain from her. It was agonising. I broke down in floods of tears on the bed. I phoned the producers and asked them to pull her from the show.”

“But they said she was an adult and could make her own decisions.”

Lesley’s dad added: “I don’t how the people at Big Brother can sit back and watch a good family torn apart. I will hold them personally accountable for anything else that happens to Lesley.”

And Paul does not reserve his bitterness solely for the programme-makers, he is also angry with Derek, one of Lesley’s fellow contestants.

Paul blames the Tory speech-writer for Lesley’s decision to waiver her right to anonymity over her rape case, saying: “I don’t know how Derek Laud can sleep at night.”

Derek himself countered with: “I told her on several occasions not to do it as it could prejudice a court case…she made that decision on her own. I said from the outset I did not intend to get involved in a family feud.”
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=10051

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attacked, hotel, leeds, lesley, sanderson