Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 24-06-2010, 12:46 AM #1

Default To all the Ben haters

Is that all the Ben haters have. Some ill concieved notions about spurious statements of loyalty, honesty, consistency and how he has failed is his "game plan".....and those only through revisionism of the first week's events.

Meanwhile blithely ignoring the group bullying that he is subject to, the betrayal of confidences by "friends" in the house who choose to completely misrepresent and take completely out of context whatever he says to them. No comments either about the emotional manipulation of the manky skanks with their sleezy faux lezzie affaire.

The worst that can honestly be said about Ben is that he is a bumbling, awkward, quite trusting and naive person, prepared to be loyal even to those who he believes are his friends but clearly aren't He is prepared to accept the point of view of the other and even to accept his unearned share of any blame when things like skanky scabby kicking off about being called an actress, or witnessing her nasty and evident gloating when his "friend" JJ was having a hard time, or for daring to do what 9 others did in the 1st week and nominate sunshine. Are those the things that make him deserve to be treated in such a malicious fashion by the hypocrites in the house?

He is the only one there who has consistently shown integrity, loyalty, support and encouragement to others. There is no apparent "game plan", just the evidence of a rather charming, well meaning but slightly bumbling individual. He won't of course be voted out this week. In fact, I think that like Freddie last year, he will remain in the house for many weeks yet. No doubt the Ben Haters will still be looking for any perceived criticisms against him. What is clear though, is just how pathetic and questionable are the reasons given for expressing their dislike of him.
Old 24-06-2010, 12:49 AM #2

a lot of people got on his back for nomming sunshine who he said he was friends with

but i agree with eevrything else i don't think he go this week
i think he one of the more likeable hm,s left
Old 24-06-2010, 01:17 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

He bitches about his friends behind their backs, not just nominations. He can play whatever game he wants but it won't make him popular in the house, and it wouldn't have with the public either had everything been shown. Charm isn't enough for me i want a bit more substance. He just floats around like he thinks he can play everyone and it looks as conceited as his endless talk about himself and all the passive-aggressive insecurities he shows.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)

Last edited by starry; 24-06-2010 at 01:17 AM.
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 04:34 AM #4

He make me think of Prince Myskin in Dostoevsky's The Idiot – both in looks and bumbling naivety

Hope things turn out better for Ben than they did for the Prince
JustSkipIt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:28 AM #5

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by calyman View Post
Is that all the Ben haters have. Some ill concieved notions about spurious statements of loyalty, honesty, consistency and how he has failed is his "game plan".....and those only through revisionism of the first week's events.

Meanwhile blithely ignoring the group bullying that he is subject to, the betrayal of confidences by "friends" in the house who choose to completely misrepresent and take completely out of context whatever he says to them. No comments either about the emotional manipulation of the manky skanks with their sleezy faux lezzie affaire.

The worst that can honestly be said about Ben is that he is a bumbling, awkward, quite trusting and naive person, prepared to be loyal even to those who he believes are his friends but clearly aren't He is prepared to accept the point of view of the other and even to accept his unearned share of any blame when things like skanky scabby kicking off about being called an actress, or witnessing her nasty and evident gloating when his "friend" JJ was having a hard time, or for daring to do what 9 others did in the 1st week and nominate sunshine. Are those the things that make him deserve to be treated in such a malicious fashion by the hypocrites in the house?

He is the only one there who has consistently shown integrity, loyalty, support and encouragement to others. There is no apparent "game plan", just the evidence of a rather charming, well meaning but slightly bumbling individual. He won't of course be voted out this week. In fact, I think that like Freddie last year, he will remain in the house for many weeks yet. No doubt the Ben Haters will still be looking for any perceived criticisms against him. What is clear though, is just how pathetic and questionable are the reasons given for expressing their dislike of him.
Fantastic post,everything I think but put so much better

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:31 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
He bitches about his friends behind their backs, not just nominations. He can play whatever game he wants but it won't make him popular in the house, and it wouldn't have with the public either had everything been shown. Charm isn't enough for me i want a bit more substance. He just floats around like he thinks he can play everyone and it looks as conceited as his endless talk about himself and all the passive-aggressive insecurities he shows.
How has Ben bitched? an opinion is not bitching,being nasty about someone is being bitchy,give us some examples of Ben saying something nasty about another housemate then I might take these sort of posts seriously

Old 24-06-2010, 09:34 AM #7
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Although I prefer him to some of the others - he is out to win as much as most of the rest of them! His comments to Mario, whilst apparently trying to console him, about how he hopes the public don't think HE is out to cause trouble - just showed how manipulative, and desperate, he is!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:36 AM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
in answer to your first line ,THEY ALL BITCH ,and ALL nominate ,
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:38 AM #9
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
How has Ben bitched? an opinion is not bitching,being nasty about someone is being bitchy,give us some examples of Ben saying something nasty about another housemate then I might take these sort of posts seriously
Me too,the bandwagon must be overflowing this morning with all the folk whos jumped on it
Old 24-06-2010, 09:38 AM #10
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Calyman puts it perfectly, the only thing that I would add is that he apologises far too much especially to that childish turd JJ, aka Doubting Thomas!!
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:44 AM #11
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Calyman puts it perfectly, the only thing that I would add is that he apologises far too much especially to that childish turd JJ, aka Doubting Thomas!!
Its because he has manners
Old 24-06-2010, 09:46 AM #12

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

Can I say that your assessment of the Ben situation and of Ben himself is spot on. As someone who knows Ben in the real world, have done for about 10 years, your comment that he is a "... rather charming, well meaning but slightly bumbling individual...." is also Spot on. He's the same in the real world as in the house. He's not fake, he's being 100% himself in there.

I too wish that the Ben haters would look more closely and critically at the antics of Scabby and her dullard new best friend and also those who readily stab Ben in the back just for a change.
Old 24-06-2010, 09:48 AM #13
User banned

User banned

Quote:
He is trying too hard to be popular - which in itself is off-putting! He is also very manipulative - telling others to stand up for him, using other people's problems to talk about himself and how he hopes the public don't 'misunderstand' him etc!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:59 AM #14
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

IMO ,He is a nice bloke, maybe a little too trusting of the wrong people (Shabby springs to mind) i see no evil or malice in him
Old 24-06-2010, 10:02 AM #15

I'm glad that others recognise what I have witnessed in the housemates treatment of Ben. For those who express an active dislike of him, I've yet to see one substantive and obvious example of his bitchieness, manipulation, game plan etc. Sure there are loads of inadequate examples where invented "facts" and questionable accusations are levelled against him, just like scabby with her histrionics over being called an "actress", being caught out s******ing behind JJ's back, or his friend JJ repeatedly betraying the "friendship" they have by gossiping with others and taking out of context the harmless converstaions they have had. Which then get blown up to be the Crime of the decade against the blessed scabby.

As I said earlier, Ben is quite a naive person, he is only to willing to trust others, I don't know why he cannot wise up and be more circumspect in what bhe is saying. He must know there are some in the house who are clearly friends with him and others who never will be. JJ is even worse than scabby, because he maintains he is friends with Ben, yet constantly snipes at him or behind his back. At least scabby (apart from her nasty emotional manipulation) is clear aqbout her feelings towards Ben.

I would like Ben to be more aware, show more insight into those conversastions he is having with others and actually make his feelings clear and assert his right to have his own views and not constantly apologise for expressing his honest opinions.

It's interesting that my term s******ing "snig-gering" should be blocked out by the thought police

Last edited by calyman; 24-06-2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: BB thought speak
calyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 10:14 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm glad that others recognise what I have witnessed in the housemates treatment of Ben. For those who express an active dislike of him, I've yet to see one substantive and obvious example of his bitchieness, manipulation, game plan etc. Sure there are loads of inadequate examples where invented "facts" and questionable accusations are levelled against him, just like scabby with her histrionics over being called an "actress", being caught out s******ing behind JJ's back, or his friend JJ repeatedly betraying the "friendship" they have by gossiping with others and taking out of context the harmless converstaions they have had. Which then get blown up to be the Crime of the decade against the blessed scabby.

As I said earlier, Ben is quite a naive person, he is only to willing to trust others, I don't know why he cannot wise up and be more circumspect in what bhe is saying. He must know there are some in the house who are clearly friends with him and others who never will be. JJ is even worse than scabby, because he maintains he is friends with Ben, yet constantly snipes at him or behind his back. At least scabby (apart from her nasty emotional manipulation) is clear aqbout her feelings towards Ben.

I would like Ben to be more aware, show more insight into those conversastions he is having with others and actually make his feelings clear and assert his right to have his own views and not constantly apologise for expressing his honest opinions.

It's interesting that my term s******ing "snig-gering" should be blocked out by the thought police
Well I'm still waiting for Starry to send me a list of all the nasty things he said !!

Old 24-06-2010, 10:18 AM #17

Quote:

I totally agree. Well put! I've called him naive is several previous posts but think "bumbling" absolutely sums him up.
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 10:30 AM #18
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Calyman you put a "black" word in between s and ing!!! lol

Last edited by fingers; 24-06-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 24-06-2010, 10:40 AM #19

Quote:
Calyman you put a "black" word in between s and ing!!! lol
I know, that's definitely an example of political correctness gone mad

lol
Old 24-06-2010, 11:06 AM #20

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
BB18: Ellie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
oh please.

Revisionism? I have been pointing out his behaviour based on events as they happen since the start.

Quote:
Meanwhile blithely ignoring the group bullying that he is subject to
ahh 'Bullying', I knew this was coming. It always does when certain people's fav HMs are threatened, regardleess of the facts. It's just an emotive claim to make that dosent need to rely on the truth.... same old TiBB, same old tactics being used.

Such a pathetic interpretation of the events, used in a very disinegnious way.

Quote:
the betrayal of confidences by "friends" in the house who choose to completely misrepresent and take completely out of context whatever he says to them.
Your actually really trying to flip his lies, back stabbing and betrayals on to the people that he has done them to?

lol amazing.

Quote:
He is the only one there who has consistently shown integrity, loyalty, support ... /snip
Sorry, had to cut that stream of utter horsesh!t off, I was starting to feel ill.

At the best the OP is naive and a tragically bad judge of character.

Last edited by vesavius; 24-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.
vesavius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 11:08 AM #21

don't ne a bad loser now
Old 24-06-2010, 11:13 AM #22
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

That diatribe would have made more sense without the spelling errors!
Old 24-06-2010, 11:21 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesavius View Post
oh please.

Revisionism? I have been pointing out his behaviour based on events as they happen since the start.

ahh 'Bullying', I knew this was coming. It always does when certain people's fav HMs are threatened, regardleess of the facts. It's just an emotive claim to make that dosent need to rely on the truth.... same old TiBB, same old tactics being used.

Such a pathetic interpretation of the events, used in a very disinegnious way.

Your actually really trying to flip his lies, back stabbing and betrayals on to the people that he has done them to?

lol amazing.

Sorry, had to cut that stream of utter horsesh!t off, I was starting to feel ill.

At the best the OP is naive and a tragically bad judge of character.
Here's a challenge for you. State exactly what Ben has been guilty of doing and why it was so "heinous" but please don't waste your and my time by rehashing the tiresome scabby rants etc. which have no substance to them other than being fuelled by loathing and intolerance against him. Some of which I suggest you also have.

In the absence of any credible evidence for your claims, perhaps it would be better for you to at least have an open mind and not jump on the flimsiest excuses of reasons why you dislike him.
Old 24-06-2010, 11:33 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Here's a challenge for you. State exactly what Ben has been guilty of doing and why it was so "heinous" but please don't waste your and my time by rehashing the tiresome scabby rants etc. which have no substance to them other than being fuelled by loathing and intolerance against him. Some of which I suggest you also have.

In the absence of any credible evidence for your claims, perhaps it would be better for you to at least have an open mind and not jump on the flimsiest excuses of reasons why you dislike him.
lol look at you attempting to remove a very valid event in which Ben showed his true colours before we start... classic argument tactics that try to counter a well known and very true point before they are made and you are forced to acknowledge them.

but ok, aside the fact that he was caught out bitching about Shabby in an attempt to alienate JJ further from her group and bring him into his....

Am I allowed to talk about his continous reassurance to Sunshine in week 1 that he was her friend, all the while repeatedly betraying her behind her back, even to the point of nomming her? As a further example of his betraying and backstabbing macavelian mindset I mean?

Look, even his allies are saying what he did last night was wrong... why would you think it wasnt?

His betrayel of SS has lost him now the trust of both JJ and Dave.
Old 24-06-2010, 11:48 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesavius View Post
lol look at you attempting to remove a very valid event in which Ben showed his true colours before we start... classic argument tactics that try to counter a well known and very true point before they are made and you are forced to acknowledge them.

but ok, aside the fact that he was caught out bitching about Shabby in an attempt to alienate JJ further from her group and bring him into his....

Am I allowed to talk about his continous reassurance to Sunshine in week 1 that he was her friend, all the while repeatedly betraying her behind her back, even to the point of nomming her? As a further example of his betraying and backstabbing macavelian mindset I mean?

Look, even his allies are saying what he did last night was wrong... why would you think it wasnt?

His betrayel of SS has lost him now the trust of both JJ and Dave.
As I suspected then, nothing of substance has been added, apart from rehashing the same accusations which just don't measure up. The fact is, even with revisionism of the 1st weeks events, the most that that can be levelled against him is that he nominated sunshine, along with 9 other housemates doing the same. he expressed his doubt about her motives, then chose to nominate her. he then chose to see something in her which he liked and afterwards didn't nominate her in the 2nd week. The worst accusation that can be levelled against him is naivety in this respect.

As to his "bitching about Shabby", did you not watch what i watched? he was being unfairly harrassed by JJ and said he couldn't understandf why his "friend2 was doing that to him, giving the example of what he witnessed scabby doing behind JJ's back. His "friend" JJ then chose to inflate this out of all proportion and had no regard for the damage this would cause. The only saving grace for JJ was the obvious guilt and shame he felt for this betrayal. Again in real terms your "evidence2 remains spurious. You have just repeated the same old nonsense that is being played to death.

If there really was substance to your dislike of his alleged bitchiness, backstabbing, manipulation or any other spurious claims against him, you would give them, even without the ridiculous accusations so far made against him. You have failed to defend your points by substantive evidence, so once again, I suggest you have more of an open mind regarding Ben.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ben, haters