Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 30-06-2010, 02:28 AM #26
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebrew View Post
In your opinion.

You have no clue howimportant or unimportant we are or interesting we are. Your just making a statement based on your opinion.

How can you not be convinced? That ludicrous. Its there in plain sight.

I hope youll be proved COMPLETELY wrong soon
Yes it's my opinion, who's else would it be?

And I'm never wrong, deal with it.
Old 30-06-2010, 02:30 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
Yes it's my opinion, who's else would it be?

And I'm never wrong, deal with it.
VERY close minded

there's no end to how deep this whole ancient astronaut rabbit hole goes. they say, if this theory is true, then these aliens would have had technologies far beyond anything we could even imagine. supposedly, with these technologies, they've been able to control us in every way, for as long as the human race has been around. and one part of that technology is said to be mind control devices, which can even incite hallucinations...causing us to think we 'see' things, 'hear' things, and that there's some supernatural force around us. and those things keep us locked into the christian theory that's been provided as truth for us. so we wouldn't know the truth of who our creators really were
Old 30-06-2010, 02:32 AM #28
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Quote:
VERY close minded

there's no end to how deep this whole ancient astronaut rabbit hole goes. they say, if this theory is true, then these aliens would have had technologies far beyond anything we could even imagine. supposedly, with these technologies, they've been able to control us in every way, for as long as the human race has been around. and one part of that technology is said to be mind control devices, which can even incite hallucinations...causing us to think we 'see' things, 'hear' things, and that there's some supernatural force around us. and those things keep us locked into the christian theory that's been provided as truth for us. so we wouldn't know the truth of who our creators really were
I don't have a closed mind, you do! You only believe in this alien stuff and nothing else.
Old 30-06-2010, 02:48 AM #29

Quote:
Google ancient sumerian ufo's and look at the art,

I HATE the way witnesses are called crazy. You have no idea wether what they saw is true. You just dismiss it because your logic wont comprehend their version of events.

And why wouldnt they visit here?

Why arent we that interesting?

No one knows
Google Erik Von Daniken's "is this an airport of the gods?" And it does indeed look like a slipway/run-off like at Heathrow/Schipol/Franfurt, etc. But the when pulled-back, you realise that is actually a 19 foot square part if a spider's leg carved on a plain in the desert by Nastecas - even midget UFOs would hit the dirt/rubble
Claymores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 02:55 AM #30

i definitely believe there is other intelligent life in the universe, but not sure whether i believe they have visited earth due to the vast distances involved and despite scientists theories saying possible, i cant get my head around wormholes and time travel theories so its impossible for them to get here

i dont believe "God" has ever spoken to anyone on Earth at all, its voices in the head every time. But, if the God myth IS true then I believe it is alien civilizations making contact.

If a news story broke tomorrow and the world was made aware of undeniable evidence of alien civilisations visiting us throughout history, this would be epic. I would feel completely different, it would be like the matrix
oddballmisfitsFTW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 02:57 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbert-Bump View Post
Beam me up Scotty.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away
Old 30-06-2010, 02:59 AM #32

also Roswell incident is well known and talked about

but i have always wondered 2 things about that

a) if the aliens are so advanced, how did they "crash" in the first place??? epic alien fail to get all that way and then crash

b) supposedly the massively long runways are for alien ships, but wouldnt alien ships take off vertically???
Old 30-06-2010, 03:00 AM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddballmisfitsFTW View Post
i definitely believe there is other intelligent life in the universe, but not sure whether i believe they have visited earth due to the vast distances involved and despite scientists theories saying possible, i cant get my head around wormholes and time travel theories so its impossible for them to get here

i dont believe "God" has ever spoken to anyone on Earth at all, its voices in the head every time. But, if the God myth IS true then I believe it is alien civilizations making contact.

If a news story broke tomorrow and the world was made aware of undeniable evidence of alien civilisations visiting us throughout history, this would be epic. I would feel completely different, it would be like the matrix
God definitely speaks to Dave - I can't get that pissed without going to the off-licence so it must be true
Old 30-06-2010, 03:05 AM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymores View Post
God definitely speaks to Dave - I can't get that pissed without going to the off-licence so it must be true
when Dave says "I am so high right now on Gods love", "I have such a warm feeling in my belly" etc its his way of saying he has an erection and has got the horn

he is one of those nudist/swingers types in RL he is speaking in wizard code
Old 30-06-2010, 03:08 AM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddballmisfitsFTW View Post
also Roswell incident is well known and talked about

but i have always wondered 2 things about that

a) if the aliens are so advanced, how did they "crash" in the first place??? epic alien fail to get all that way and then crash

b) supposedly the massively long runways are for alien ships, but wouldnt alien ships take off vertically???
Plus the Roswell slight problem of the secret military project to float balloons over the USSR to take spy photos - and that the pics clearly show bits of a high level balloon which is not 24th centurty type technology.
Old 30-06-2010, 03:39 AM #36

believing in life on other planets is completly different from believing they have visited us. I think it's entirely possible there is life out there but with out any hard evidence I don't believe they have been here.

I have even had an alien encounter and choose to believe it must have been in my head because there was no evidence of it the next day and no other witnesses. I have seen ghosts too and I don't believe in them either

my point is I can see no reason why aliens would visit us all these years without leaving some good evidence about it other than human experience. The human mind is very complex and will trick us easily.
cazzy555 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 03:46 AM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzy555 View Post
believing in life on other planets is completly different from believing they have visited us. I think it's entirely possible there is life out there but with out any hard evidence I don't believe they have been here.

I have even had an alien encounter and choose to believe it must have been in my head because there was no evidence of it the next day and no other witnesses. I have seen ghosts too and I don't believe in them either

my point is I can see no reason why aliens would visit us all these years without leaving some good evidence about it other than human experience. The human mind is very complex and will trick us easily.
I can go with that

If the universe is infinte, then it's infinitely impossible we're the only planet to have developed life

Aliens crashing in Roswel or coming to crash my next party is another matter!
Old 30-06-2010, 03:51 AM #38

If aliens are aware of us and want to explore the planet the first thing the will do is send unmanned probes. No evidence of them but plenty of 'little green men' style encounters. Makes you think.
zukhov is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 04:02 AM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukhov View Post
If aliens are aware of us and want to explore the planet the first thing the will do is send unmanned probes. No evidence of them but plenty of 'little green men' style encounters. Makes you think.
Live long and prosper

which is what Ben should say to Marion
Old 30-06-2010, 05:56 AM #40

@elliebrew
http://www.openmindsforum.com/
dont judge a book by its cover you should know better but we all do it
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 07:59 AM #41

I am always astonished by the willingness of some people to accept these outlandish theories without one iota of evidence.
These theories are put forward by unqualified quacks like Von Daniken (who by the way, has been thoroughly discredited) and accuse those scholars and scientists who have actually studied and worked in their fields of being frightened to accept idiotic notions and concepts.
None of their work has been peer reviewed. I suppose it could not be either as it goes against the scientific method. Instead of trying to find evidence that disproves their theories (as real scientists do) all they do is twist and invent "evidence" to fit in with their preconceived notions. They are the closed minded ones in that respect. They have already made up their minds and no end of counter evidence will make them change it. In that way, they are the same as the Creationists.
To pretend science is narrow minded and closed to such theories is to misunderstand how science works and the whole idea of submitting results and evidence to testing and peer review.

Quite frankly it is an insult to our ancient ancestors to attribute all of their great achievements to bloody aliens.

Anyone interested in this tom foolery should seek out Ronald Story's excellent book "The Space Gods Revealed". It is a tour de force in debunking this utter nonsense, written by a guy who actually understands the issues, has studied them and knows something about science and history.
Old 30-06-2010, 08:07 AM #42

is that not just your old fashioned basic scientology? the religion of choiv=ce for a good few celebs like tom cruise and john travolta?
stoney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 08:39 AM #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviled2010 View Post
I am always astonished by the willingness of some people to accept these outlandish theories without one iota of evidence.
These theories are put forward by unqualified quacks like Von Daniken (who by the way, has been thoroughly discredited) and accuse those scholars and scientists who have actually studied and worked in their fields of being frightened to accept idiotic notions and concepts.
None of their work has been peer reviewed. I suppose it could not be either as it goes against the scientific method. Instead of trying to find evidence that disproves their theories (as real scientists do) all they do is twist and invent "evidence" to fit in with their preconceived notions. They are the closed minded ones in that respect. They have already made up their minds and no end of counter evidence will make them change it. In that way, they are the same as the Creationists.
To pretend science is narrow minded and closed to such theories is to misunderstand how science works and the whole idea of submitting results and evidence to testing and peer review.

Quite frankly it is an insult to our ancient ancestors to attribute all of their great achievements to bloody aliens.

Anyone interested in this tom foolery should seek out Ronald Story's excellent book "The Space Gods Revealed". It is a tour de force in debunking this utter nonsense, written by a guy who actually understands the issues, has studied them and knows something about science and history.
No evidence???

There is a wealth of evidence right in front of you.

People like you arent going to be happy until one of them comes round for coffee.

Also to believe the **** that roiswell was a balloon is just ridiculous.

GUYS seriously

Google 'the disclosure project'

Its a not for profit scheme in which HUNDRED of EX government officials have sworn under oath that the american government has hidden the truth of ET visitation!!

Its all there.

The fact someone on here has had an ET experience and a ghost experience and chosen not to believe it still is astonishing. Why would you not believe your own eyes!

the trouble is when hard evidence such as pictures, videos, accounts are put in front of you the first thing you do is scream FAKE!

How in the hell r you ever gonna be convinced.

R you trying to tell me that al these millions of pictures and videos are fake and everyone who ever had aclose encounter is a liar.

To me that smacks of arrogance and is also ridiculous.

Skeptics will never be convinced! EVER!

Simply because their logic will never accept a parent would lie to a child (government lie to its people)
Old 30-06-2010, 09:05 AM #44
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
In your opinion.

You have no clue howimportant or unimportant we are or interesting we are. Your just making a statement based on your opinion.

It's all well and good calling other people narrow-minded, but you don't seem very open to the highly probable idea that it's a load of bullshine either.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:06 AM #45
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

"Quite frankly it is an insult to our ancient ancestors to attribute all of their great achievements to bloody aliens."

I think most creation myths are insulting for the same reasons.

I started writing a novel on the topic but realized terms like "unfalsifiable hypothesis" "confirmation bias" would probably sound like Japanese. I blame education: specifically science and math. And people don't read enough non-fiction. And most people don't read at all.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:11 AM #46

Elliebrew, I believe that governments lie to people all the time. That is the nature of politics and a different question to the one about aliens having a significant input in the origin and history if the human race.

By the way, this is a subject I am very familiar with and as yet I have not seen one piece of convincing evidence that supports the idea of aliens as having been influential in our history.

I would like to ask what qualifications, expertise and research experience the propagators of these outlandish theories have and if any of their work has been peer reviewed by other experts in the fields of archeology, anthropology, ancient art, astronomy, or any of the other scientific or artistic disciplines.

You are the one making the claims, it is up to you to produce the evidence and just remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I don't mean this in a patronising way but you damn yourself out of your own mouth when you say "Why would you not believe your own eyes!"
Our eyes and brains often deceive us. Just take a look at some of the better known optical illusions used in psychological experiments. Our eyes are clearly not reliable in interpreting the world. Are you really so naive as to think that when you put a stick into water that part of the stick under the water actually bends? Our eyes tell us it does so you must believe it does, otherwise you must concede that our senses can deceive us and that my friend has drastic consequences for ghostly apparitions. They just might originate in us rather than the "spirit world".

As I say, I would be very interested to learn of the qualifications and expertise the people proposing these inanities have in the subjects they choose to pontificate about and at the same time disparage the real scholars who dedicate their lives to research and the pursuit of knowledge..
Old 30-06-2010, 09:13 AM #47
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
In your opinion.

Your thoughts on this are interesting, and you're not alone in thinking them. And this explanation isn't any more ridiculous than any of the organised, patriarchal religions. No one knows for sure. Someone thinking that aliens wouldn't come here because Earth is such a horrible place hasn't seen some of the staggering beauty in the world or known the lengths some humans will go to in order to be kind.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:15 AM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
"Quite frankly it is an insult to our ancient ancestors to attribute all of their great achievements to bloody aliens."

I think most creation myths are insulting for the same reasons.

I started writing a novel on the topic but realized terms like "unfalsifiable hypothesis" "confirmation bias" would probably sound like Japanese. I blame education: specifically science and math. And people don't read enough non-fiction. And most people don't read at all.
I like the sound of that novel stonedape, I hope you get back to it!
There are still some people out here who appreciate stuff that hasn't been dumbed down!
Old 30-06-2010, 09:17 AM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Your thoughts on this are interesting, and you're not alone in thinking them. And this explanation isn't any more ridiculous than any of the organised, patriarchal religions. No one knows for sure. Someone thinking that aliens wouldn't come here because Earth is such a horrible place hasn't seen some of the staggering beauty in the world or known the lengths some humans will go to in order to be kind.
I agree basically with that.
But, all we are asking for is evidence. Not a litany of anecdotes or half truths or inaccurate quotes from ancient texts and unqualified interpretations of ancient art.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:21 AM #50

what evidence would sufficethough?

some people cud never be convinced.

please go n watch the disclosure project....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alien, beliefs, god, marios