Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:24 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB16: Adjoa
BBUSA17: Vanessa

Favourites (more):
Default Ben defying the tree

has officially made me a fan. That was some funny stuff. Im glad someone finally stood up to that tree bc its very rude, mean and condescending. I was LOL at Ben not taking that crap and talking back to it. And he didnt just do that but he outed it by coming clean when the others started to called him out on it.
cheapbbfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM #2

all time bb classic <
dirtyvileHARRYuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:33 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Kerry
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Kerry
BB11: Josie

very funny
charmingmissc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:39 AM #4

Some very classic moments with Ben and the Tree. "Oi, you with the four haircuts in one" is a brilliant line. Then the Tree told Ben to "get out of my bathroom." To which Ben retorted "It's my bathroom." So far this is the only part of BB I have really enjoyed this year.
muchadoaboutnothing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:36 PM #5
Ben to Win BB11

Ben to Win BB11

Big Brother need more Tree vs. Ben conflicts. It was some of the best footage of this year.
BB5 - Victor, Stuart, Jason
BB6 - Makosi, Science, Eugene
BB7 - Glyn, Pete, Aisleyne
BB8 - Liam, Gerry, Jonathan, Samanda
BB9 - Bex,Stu,Dale,Mikey, Mario
BB10 - Freddie, Marcus,Sophie
BB11 - Ben, John James

BEN TO WIN BB11
linuxt0m is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM #6
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxt0m View Post
Big Brother need more Tree vs. Ben conflicts. It was some of the best footage of this year.
100% agree, i was in stitches watching it.

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM #7
I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

I love Big Brother

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxt0m View Post
100% agree, i was in stitches watching it.

ON CHANNEL 5 - BRING BACK LF
BigBrotherfan4ever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 PM #8
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quite the opposite for me. That was when I started to go off him and question his intelligence. Most people would find being insulted by a tree to be quite a surreal experience, seeing the funny side of an inanimate object throwing out insults. Not Ben he became tetchy and irritable failing to find any humour in the situation. I was unimpressed by that.

Question, were you guys laughing with him or at him? I dont think Ben would appreciate the latter.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 04-07-2010 at 07:22 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM #9
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

Declining to do a task is risky business and I can understand why that would turn people off. But think about how uninteresting things would have been had Ben done the task. They'd all have an arm wrestling contest and get their luggage back, and nothing would have changed.

Lying to everyone in the house, good task. Forced to be nice to your enemy, good task. Hosting an arm wrestling competition, **** task. I get it, it was out of his comfort zone, but still really boring.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 PM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
Quite the opposite for me. That was when I started to go off him and question his intelligence. Most people would find being insulted by a tree to be quite a surreal experience, seeing the funny side of an inanimate object throwing out insults. Not Ben he became tetchy and irritable failing to find any humour in the situation. I was unimpressed by that.

Question, were you guys laughing with him or at him? I dont think Ben would appreciate the latter.
Oh please - don't pretend you ever liked him in the first place, and to deny that the exchange between Ben and the tree was anything but hilarious just makes you appear humourless and pedantic. Watching that exchange, the farthest thought from my mind was whether I was impressed or otherwise by Ben's inability to appreciate the absurdity of the situation.

Why should anyone care whether people laugh with or at him? The point is he makes people laugh, and whether Ben appreciates being laughed at is irrelevant - its up to Ben to entertain us and so far he's doing a great job. No doubt he wouldn't appreciate the obsessive lascivious speculation about his sexuality, and/or the mindless class hatred of some of the idiots on this forum either, but that's all part and parcel of the BB experience.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I was laughing with him. The arm wrestling task was pretty stupid and I wasnt upset that Ben didnt really try to push for it. It was definetly the best moment of the week and a classic moment in BB history. That was a memorable one and its something as a viewer that Ive always felt Ive wanted to do for years watching BB be downright mean and rude to the housemates. Was pleasantly shocked to see someone defy them in such a manner
cheapbbfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 PM #12
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Oh please - don't pretend you ever liked him in the first place, and to deny that the exchange between Ben and the tree was anything but hilarious just makes you appear humourless and pedantic. Watching that exchange, the farthest thought from my mind was whether I was impressed or otherwise by Ben's inability to appreciate the absurdity of the situation.

Why should anyone care whether people laugh with or at him? The point is he makes people laugh, and whether Ben appreciates being laughed at is irrelevant - its up to Ben to entertain us and so far he's doing a great job. No doubt he wouldn't appreciate the obsessive lascivious speculation about his sexuality, and/or the mindless class hatred of some of the idiots on this forum either, but that's all part and parcel of the BB experience.
A fact for you, when Ben was punished for discussing nominations with Sunshine and JJ I came on here and defended him asking why were SS and JJ not punished too. I'll point you to the appropriate threads if you want. You've made far more assumptions about me than I've ever done about you. That's interesting, don t you think?

During his exchange with the tree Ben did not even crack a smile. I remember it quite vividly as this was the main reason why I started to go off him. He should have at least seen the absurdity of the situation as Shabby and Keeva had a few days earlier. I sat dumb founded with how serious he was throughout the whole exchange, at one point telling the tree to shut up but never seeing the absurdity of a talking tree. I did not laugh as then I would have been laughing at his stupidity and I believe those who laughed were laughing indeed at him which I dont not think Ben would appreciate.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 04-07-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 PM #13

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
Declining to do a task is risky business and I can understand why that would turn people off. But think about how uninteresting things would have been had Ben done the task. They'd all have an arm wrestling contest and get their luggage back, and nothing would have changed.

Lying to everyone in the house, good task. Forced to be nice to your enemy, good task. Hosting an arm wrestling competition, **** task. I get it, it was out of his comfort zone, but still really boring.
Those are my thoughts too,I love that Ben is not following the rules.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:59 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Ben doesn't give a sh*t that his suitcase was delivered empty either. Hilarious that everything BB do to Ben is just water off a duck's back - if and when Ben has had enough, he'll just leave, I've no doubt. I just so love the fact that he won't do something if he doesn't see the point of it, and he's not intimidated by peer pressure, or worries that the other HMs will nominate him, or that the viewers might evict him. Lol!

Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ben doesn't give a sh*t that his suitcase was delivered empty either. Hilarious that everything BB do to Ben is just water off a duck's back - if and when Ben has had enough, he'll just leave, I've no doubt. I just so love the fact that he won't do something if he doesn't see the point of it, and he's not intimidated by peer pressure, or worries that the other HMs will nominate him, or that the viewers might evict him. Lol!
THAT is why I like him,he is so not playing a game,he doesn't know how to,how much more up front and honest can you get telling the other housemates plus laughing with Shabby about his suitcase can you see any other housemate do the same.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:12 PM #16

It's the only laugh I have had this season - wish there was more of it.
JAJ1942 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 PM #17
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

It was idiotic and tedious, like Ben.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:17 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A fact for you, when Ben was punished for discussing nominations with Sunshine and JJ I came on here and defended him asking why were SS and JJ not punished too. I'll point you to the appropriate threads if you want. You've made far more assumptions about me than I've ever done about you. That's interesting, don t you think?

During his exchange with the tree Ben did not even crack a smile. I remember it quite vividly as this was the main reason why I started to go off him. He should have at least seen the absurdity of the situation as Shabby and Keeva had a few days earlier. I sat dumb founded with how serious he was throughout the whole exchange, at one point telling the tree to shut up but never seeing the absurdity of a talking tree. I did not laugh as then I would have been laughing at his stupidity and I believe those who laughed were laughing indeed at him which I dont not think Ben would appreciate.
I read the posts you refer to at the time you posted them, and did not read them as being from someone who specifically supported Ben, but from someone interested in the FAIRNESS of the situation. I often post in support of a HM I don't particularly like, simply because BB are acting inconsistently with punishments etc. For example I didn't much like Sunshine but thought the hatchet job BB did on her last Friday was disgusting.

Ben's inability to see the absurdity of talking to a disembodied TOT whilst maintaining a serious demeanour was precisely what made the whole exchange hilarious, and far from laughing at his "stupidity", I was applauding his nonchalant acceptance of the situation, and his "give as good as you get" banter. You don't get any brownie points because of your perception that to laugh AT Ben would be to insult him somehow-if anything I doubt Ben would even give a sh*t. A great part of Ben's popularity is due to his self deprecation and totally honest self assessment (warts and all). Therein lies the source of both his attraction and repulsion depending on the individual perception of the viewer.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:26 PM #19
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I read the posts you refer to at the time you posted them, and did not read them as being from someone who specifically supported Ben, but from someone interested in the FAIRNESS of the situation. I often post in support of a HM I don't particularly like, simply because BB are acting inconsistently with punishments etc. For example I didn't much like Sunshine but thought the hatchet job BB did on her last Friday was disgusting.

Ben's inability to see the absurdity of talking to a disembodied TOT whilst maintaining a serious demeanour was precisely what made the whole exchange hilarious, and far from laughing at his "stupidity", I was applauding his nonchalant acceptance of the situation, and his "give as good as you get" banter. You don't get any brownie points because of your perception that to laugh AT Ben would be to insult him somehow-if anything I doubt Ben would even give a sh*t. A great part of Ben's popularity is due to his self deprecation and totally honest self assessment (warts and all). Therein lies the source of both his attraction and repulsion depending on the individual perception of the viewer.
Give as good as you get banter? He was talking to a tree. A tree.

I think Ben [b]would/b] mind people laughing at him. He became very tetchy when BB tipped up his bed and all the HM's were laughing at him. Once again he failed to see the funny side.

Having said that I agree that it depends on how you look at it. I think a grown man throwing insults at a tree without smiling or laughing at the absurdity of it makes him a poor sport you obviously don't..

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ben, defying, tree