Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-07-2010, 12:10 AM #1

Default Britian the most prejudice country?

BB never fails to bring to light how prejudice Britain can be, as much as i love it, it can be a very prejudice place. Unfortunately we don't live in the days of the British empire anymore and rely on many countries to supply as the goods we want to give us the quality of life we are used too. We have hardly any physical exports and our army and willingness to pursue international justice are one of our main assets. Discuss.

Last edited by as90; 21-07-2010 at 12:14 AM.
as90 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 12:18 AM #2

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

Modern British culture pisses me off I'll say. There are many countries more beautiful in many ways that I would prefer to live in. I mean European countries like Italy, Spain, France and Germany have remained very respectable nations over the years and still have great culture. Italy is a magnificent country.

I don't like UK and I would love to get outta' here when I'm older.
Alpertinator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 12:22 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by as90 View Post
BB never fails to bring to light how prejudice Britain can be, as much as i love it, it can be a very prejudice place. Unfortunately we don't live in the days of the British empire anymore and rely on many countries to supply as the goods we want to give us the quality of life we are used too. We have hardly any physical exports and our army and willingness to pursue international justice are one of our main assets. Discuss.
Britain is the most politically correct country and so is BB.
oddballmisfitsFTW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 12:24 AM #4

Favourites:

Favourites:

Britain is the most politically correct country? No.

Then again I don't think there's such a thing as an entirely politically correct country... I don't trust politicians... or political parties... how can anyone...

Last edited by Alpertinator; 21-07-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:24 AM #5
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Banned

Favourites:

For all the haters.

http://www.easyjet.com/asp/en/book/index.asp

spitfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 12:26 AM #6

Favourites:

Favourites:

Haha. You're very patriotic. I admire Britains' history that's for sure. Very proud of their service in the two world wars, but the UK has become a country that I would just rather leave for many other countries.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:30 AM #7
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpertinator View Post
Haha. You're very patriotic. I admire Britains' history that's for sure. Very proud of their service in the two world wars,

Quote:
but the UK has become a country that I would just rather leave for many other countries.
Why?
Old 21-07-2010, 12:42 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

I could go on for a long time. But ehhh... our government is pathetic and selfish and I can't trust the way it works and the way our society works we've gotten ourselves overly involved in conflicts that we should't have been involved in... most recently the middle east conflict which is on going and is just a waste of expenses and more importantly human lives... the legal system in this country is dreadful with people literally getting away with murder whilst others can get into trouble for petty $hit like killing a squirrel or I dunno' say... defending themselves against an attacker. In many places gangs of yobs/hoodies/chavs/gangstars own the streets and they litertally have the power and the control of the area in question. They can pick on who they want, when they want, they can vandalise property, terrorise innocent people, beat innocent people and maybe even kill innocent people and it's ver likely they will get away with it, maybe with an Asbo or community service if they're unlucky... or hey maybe they'll do a few measly months in the can.

Oh and not to mention the situation of over population within the country which is very much due to so many immigrants coming into our country because they see it as a safe haven as opposed to their impoverished and war torn countries (yeah I know this means that there are countries much worse off than our own). Thing is hey maybe we're too welcoming. We let terrorists come into out country and in certain cases have even allowed them to continue to live here after they've been discovered to have intentions to kill people of this very same country the UK. So we are letting people who want to pull another London train job remain in this country.

I'm just saying that whilst I'm aware that there is nowhere on earth where you know you can be entirely safe (that's naive and stupid to hope for to be honest), there are places that I'd prefer to be than here. Not just the situation in the country in terms of what I mentioned above, but also our culture is sad and so many people in this country just don't care. And of course the dreadful weather doesn't help, of course this summer so far has been reminiscent of a summer in Rome, it's been nice... for the UK.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:53 AM #9

The problem we have in this country is that we have had things so good for so long that people dont even realise how well off and lucky they are everything is taken for granted well those that dont like it the door is open it wont take you long to realise the grass isnt as green as you thought.

these so called "respectable" countrys lets take a look at a news site http://www.france24.com/en/france mmm no bed of roses there.
http://www.lifeinitaly.com/news mmm no pretty much terrorism,riots,strikes,murder and corruption in italy.
http://www.spanishnews.es/ no thats no different either.

Last edited by billy123; 21-07-2010 at 01:04 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:00 AM #10
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
I could go on for a long time. But ehhh... our government is pathetic and selfish and I can't trust the way it works and the way our society works we've gotten ourselves overly involved in conflicts that we should't have been involved in... most recently the middle east conflict which is on going and is just a waste of expenses and more importantly human lives... the legal system in this country is dreadful with people literally getting away with murder whilst others can get into trouble for petty $hit like killing a squirrel or I dunno' say... defending themselves against an attacker. In many places gangs of yobs/hoodies/chavs/gangstars own the streets and they litertally have the power and the control of the area in question. They can pick on who they want, when they want, they can vandalise property, terrorise innocent people, beat innocent people and maybe even kill innocent people and it's ver likely they will get away with it, maybe with an Asbo or community service if they're unlucky... or hey maybe they'll do a few measly months in the can.

Oh and not to mention the situation of over population within the country which is very much due to so many immigrants coming into our country because they see it as a safe haven as opposed to their impoverished and war torn countries (yeah I know this means that there are countries much worse off than our own). Thing is hey maybe we're too welcoming. We let terrorists come into out country and in certain cases have even allowed them to continue to live here after they've been discovered to have intentions to kill people of this very same country the UK. So we are letting people who want to pull another London train job remain in this country.

I'm just saying that whilst I'm aware that there is nowhere on earth where you know you can be entirely safe (that's naive and stupid to hope for to be honest), there are places that I'd prefer to be than here. Not just the situation in the country in terms of what I mentioned above, but also our culture is sad and so many people in this country just don't care. And of course the dreadful weather doesn't help, of course this summer so far has been reminiscent of a summer in Rome, it's been nice... for the UK.
Fair enough.I've provided the link.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:05 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post

Why?
if I had the money I would leave this sh**hole the very next morning

i'll give you few reasons

1. Pathetic justice system (eg a gang of youths beat someone to death and they get 12 years in a cushy prison)

2. Too much uncontrolled immigration. So, really this isn't a country anymore anyway, it's just a region of Europe.

3. Drinking culture. Every Friday, Saturday night streets of Britain get filled with drunken yobs and slappers.

4. High on target list for Islamic terrorism.

5. Economic crisis has left the country *******ed up. Banks have stolen the public's money and the people are too thick to realise and just accept what politicians tell them.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:06 AM #12
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddballmisfitsFTW View Post
if I had the money I would leave this sh**hole the very next morning

i'll give you few reasons

1. Pathetic justice system (eg a gang of youths beat someone to death and they get 12 years in a cushy prison)

2. Too much uncontrolled immigration. So, really this isn't a country anymore anyway, it's just a region of Europe.

3. Drinking culture. Every Friday, Saturday night streets of Britain get filled with drunken yobs and slappers.

4. High on target list for Islamic terrorism.

5. Economic crisis has left the country *******ed up. Banks have stolen the public's money and the people are too thick to realise and just accept what politicians tell them.
Why not stay and try to change the things you don't like?
Old 21-07-2010, 01:09 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Why not stay and try to change the things you don't like?
well funnily enough I just finished watching V for Vendetta

what happens in that film is the only way it can be changed, but I am not a superhero with kick ass knife skills
Old 21-07-2010, 01:10 AM #14

Quote:

what happens in that film is the only way it can be changed, but I am not a superhero with kick ass knife skills
Have you ever tried to be a super hero with kick ass knife skills?

You never know til you try.........
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:11 AM #15
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:

Give up and hop off then.Simples.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:11 AM #16

Favourites:

Favourites:

We can't change anything here. This country doesn't even appear to be very democratic. It feels kinda' like a dictatorship.

Oh and thanks Oddball you summed up a lot of my thoughts exactly.

And bobnot I don't agree with what you said. My mum has a house in Italy in this lovely little remote hill top village it's beautiful there and in that particular region everybody really gets on the culture is great and the crime rate is low.

Oh and true comment about V for Vendetta, it's a shame that to make things right such drastic and horrendous measures may need to be taken as seen in that film. I won't sign up for anything of that nature though.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:15 AM #17

Quote:
We can't change anything here. This country doesn't even appear to be very democratic. It feels kinda' like a dictatorship.

Oh and thanks Oddball you summed up a lot of my thoughts exactly.

And bobnot I don't agree with what you said. My mum has a house in Italy in this lovely little remote hill top village it's beautiful there and in that particular region everybody really gets on the culture is great and the crime rate is low.

Oh and true comment about V for Vendetta, it's a shame that to make things right such drastic and horrendous measures may need to be taken as seen in that film. I won't sign up for anything of that nature though.
And i have friends that live in a lovely village in derbyshire in a lovely cottage where the crime rate is low and the community is nice and friendly what is your point?
Old 21-07-2010, 01:17 AM #18
Banned

Favourites:
Banned

Favourites:

Quote:
Of course we can.Did you know that a ahile back woman couldn't vote?

Quote:

Plenty of places like that in the UK too but no Mafia hoods hanging around.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:17 AM #19
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

The cities are a mess really. But we still have some nice countryside we can be proud of.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:18 AM #20
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

If you think it's a bed of roses anywhere on planet Earth, you're in for a rude awakening. You'll have just as many or more socioeconomic, political problems, you'll just be much less familiar with everyone and everything around you. And if there's a language barrier, you'll soon discover a nagging compulsion to jump off a large building. Have fun on your trip!

Last edited by stonedape; 21-07-2010 at 01:19 AM.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:18 AM #21
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

No. Try living in Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea, Zimbabwe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 01:19 AM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
The cities are a mess really. But we still have some nice countryside we can be proud of.
this is true and I sometimes think of moving to countryside

but past 6 weeks I got put off the idea a bit

I might meet someone like Josie
Old 21-07-2010, 01:21 AM #23
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
this is true and I sometimes think of moving to countryside

but past 6 weeks I got put off the idea a bit

I might meet someone like Josie
Haha I actually don't mind people down that end, places like Stratford and Avebury are really nice. Although you tend to find a lot of Bea and Freddie types
Old 21-07-2010, 01:26 AM #24

Favourites:

Favourites:

Okay I think a few of you people here are too patriotic for your own good and you come across as kinda' bigoted (sorry).

Accept this - I do not like the UK. Is that okay with you? Bobnot you mentioned a lovely little village in Derbyshire... here's the thing... Derbyshire is boring. There is nothing special about it. The UK is fairly boring. This little village in Italy, has much nicer weather, much better wildlife and much better bugs I freakin' love bugs. And it has lizard. The people in Italy speak one of the most beautiful languages in the world (as opposed to the deranged language known as English). The food is nicer. In fact it's hard to find crappy processed food there, hard to find ready made meals. You have to cook healthy meals for yourself. You can pick figs off of the trees as you walk the streets. You can see some of the most beautiful war graves in the world within the area of Monte Cassino (which itself is a very nice place). Can you not just accept that I think a good deal of countries are better than the UK? Simply because they are more interesting... unlike the UK, certain other countries are not boring.

And now I'm coming across as bigoted.

Last edited by Alpertinator; 21-07-2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:27 AM #25

let me know when you find it

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
britian, country, prejudice