Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
It seems to me that the most hateful comments on this forum come from people with an illogical and spiteful hate of JJ and Josie

It is possible people to like diff peeps each night. Last night I loved Dave "Andrew, you have no chance" and his faux glory druinkeness. But tonight I may hate him.

You dont have to stick with anyone. BTW I think Ben should have stayed and Mario/Steve should have gone, if we are talking entertainment.

I do not have an illogical or spiteful "hatred" of the camera *****s JJ&J. I am commenting on what I have seen and heard them say and do, and my opinions are as valid as yours or anyone else's.

This is a public forum for the discussion or what we love and hate about the HMs, not a JJ&J extended Appreciation Thread. If the OP wants to title a thread calling Ben fans "bitter queens" she must expect Ben fans to comment, especially since she offers no evidence to support that statement other than a lot of us Ben fans detest the duvet divers because they have completely ruined what could have been a fantastic last series.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM #27

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
I'm a JJ fan and I've never resorted to an internet scam or cheating to keep him in. so you can't say that of all John fans.

But I have seen Ben fans do it on this forum

If you read my post you will see that not once have I accused ALL JJ&J fans of the internet scam and neither has Kazanne, but it is a FACT that it was JJ&J fans who were responsible for the internet scam, and Ben fans are entitled to comment.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:05 AM #28
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
I do not have an illogical or spiteful "hatred" of the camera *****s JJ&J. I am commenting on what I have seen and heard them say and do, and my opinions are as valid as yours or anyone else's.

This is a public forum for the discussion or what we love and hate about the HMs, not a JJ&J extended Appreciation Thread. If the OP wants to title a thread calling Ben fans "bitter queens" she must expect Ben fans to comment, especially since she offers no evidence to support that statement other than a lot of us Ben fans detest the duvet divers because they have completely ruined what could have been a fantastic last series.
They haven't ruined anything, If there was something more interesting going then that would have been shown instead.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 AM #29
Hot Mess

Hot Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
They haven't ruined anything, If there was something more interesting going then that would have been shown instead.
this

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit...Be cheerful.

http://twitter.com/GrrrlFromMars
fizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:17 AM #30
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

I agree that most of the irrational stuff comes from the haters, not the supposed "teenybopper" JJJ supporters. They typically involve ad hominems + repeating the word fake. All anyone talks about anymore is biased editing and "I'm sick of the X show" when in reality the editors do a relatively fair job at showing the most interesting moments of the day. It's not that unfair. The characters who get tons of air time, in general but not always, provide the most consistent entertainment.

Ben fans should understand, as the same "you only like Ben because the editors want you to he's actually REALLY BORING/SATAN" crap was used against Ben last week.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:28 AM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is total bullsh*t - the producers have shoved the fauxmance down our throats 24/7 - there were plenty of other interesting characters in the house who got voted out because not enough air time was allocated to them, or walked because they realised that it was already a done deal so far as BB were concerned that JJ&J were to be in the final. The viewers have been cheated out of a good show this year because of this blatant favouritism and bias. Not once have either of these camera *****s received a fitting punishment for their frequent and arrogantly blatant rule breaks.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 AM #32
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That is total bullsh*t - the producers have shoved the fauxmance down our throats 24/7 - there were plenty of other interesting characters in the house who got voted out because not enough air time was allocated to them, or walked because they realised that it was already a done deal so far as BB were concerned that JJ&J were to be in the final. The viewers have been cheated out of a good show this year because of this blatant favouritism and bias. Not once have either of these camera *****s received a fitting punishment for their frequent and arrogantly blatant rule breaks.
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any logical sense. The producers want viewers watching so It would be in their best interest to show what will will appeal to most people.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
I agree that most of the irrational stuff comes from the haters, not the supposed "teenybopper" JJJ supporters. They typically involve ad hominems + repeating the word fake. All anyone talks about anymore is biased editing and "I'm sick of the X show" when in reality the editors do a relatively fair job at showing the most interesting moments of the day. It's not that unfair. The characters who get tons of air time, in general but not always, provide the most consistent entertainment.

Ben fans should understand, as the same "you only like Ben because the editors want you to he's actually REALLY BORING/SATAN" crap was used against Ben last week.
Just as there are some infantile JJ&J fans on this and other forums, there are no doubt equal numbers of this type of fan for every HM. Such fans of every HM often resort to repetitive, meaningless insults as they are probably ill-educated and have a limited vocabulary. Either that or they resort to typing in large font as if the size of the words they write are somehow made more meaningful!

Nevertheless, every criticism I, myself, have made of JJ&J has been grounded in factual events and conversations I have witnessed and heard for myself, and whilst my descriptive language of these two individuals is often colourful, it is always apposite and appropriate to the point I am making or opinion I am expressing. Some of us are able to express ourselves in words of more than one syllable, and I take great delight in finding the mot juste to describe a HM I either like or loathe. If fans of the HMs I dislike object to my opinions of their faves, they have the option to respond with their point of view and opinions - unfortunately, such responses often take the form of "yah sucks boo" rather than any meaningful rebuttal.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 AM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any logical sense. The producers want viewers watching so It would be in their best interest to show what will will appeal to most people.
So you are saying that Big Brother should not in fact be a fair and impartial game show in which the viewers have the final say without the interference and manipulation of the producers? Certainly the show this year has blatantly been the most biased I have ever watched.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 AM #35
Hot Mess

Hot Mess

LOL comb my hair ffs it's an old photo anyway LOL

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit...Be cheerful.

http://twitter.com/GrrrlFromMars
fizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:46 AM #36

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just as there are some infantile JJ&J fans on this and other forums, there are no doubt equal numbers of this type of fan for every HM. Such fans of every HM often resort to repetitive, meaningless insults as they are probably ill-educated and have a limited vocabulary. Either that or they resort to typing in large font as if the size of the words they write are somehow made more meaningful!

Nevertheless, every criticism I, myself, have made of JJ&J has been grounded in factual events and conversations I have witnessed and heard for myself, and whilst my descriptive language of these two individuals is often colourful, it is always apposite and appropriate to the point I am making or opinion I am expressing. Some of us are able to express ourselves in words of more than one syllable, and I take great delight in finding the mot juste to describe a HM I either like or loathe. If fans of the HMs I dislike object to my opinions of their faves, they have the option to respond with their point of view and opinions - unfortunately, such responses often take the form of "yah sucks boo" rather than any meaningful rebuttal.
Another great post from Angus

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:51 AM #37
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So you are saying that Big Brother should not in fact be a fair and impartial game show in which the viewers have the final say without the interference and manipulation of the producers? Certainly the show this year has blatantly been the most biased I have ever watched.
I am saying, that I understand if people are making a show that they will want to please their audience and show them what they want to see. I have know doubt that they believe that what they've been showing has been what people are most interested in seeing. Yes the other HMs need to be shown but I don't want to see an equal distribution of the time between all the house mates because alot of them are just not very interesting to watch.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 10:51 AM #38
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
I agree

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 AM #39

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
give over, theres at least ten things i could name that happened tuesday that could have been shown instead of duvet dancing. Keep it real eh, your a mod fgs.

Last edited by parmnion; 05-08-2010 at 10:59 AM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:00 AM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy View Post
LOL comb my hair ffs it's an old photo anyway LOL
Put a slightly open mouthed one up for the lads.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 AM #41
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
give over, theres at least ten things i could name that happened tuesday that could have been shown instead of duvet dancing. Keep it real eh, your a mod fgs.
Because I'm a mod I should have the same opinion as you?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 AM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Because I'm a mod I should have the same opinion as you?
you should keep it real. Trying to say there is nothing more interesting going on!!

Pfft, bb should remember that the age group they are aiming for with this stupid romance crap shouldn't even be watching the post watershed show.

Makes me sick, makes most viewers sick.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:09 AM #43
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
you should keep it real. Trying to say there is nothing more interesting going on!!

Pfft, bb should remember that the age group they are aiming for with this stupid romance crap shouldn't even be watching the post watershed show.

Makes me sick, makes most viewers sick.
In my opinion the producers are showing what they think their viewers are most interested in seeing. Why would they not do that? They want people to watch fgs, I doubt they care that much who actually goes on to win the show tbh.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 11:10 AM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
Thank you.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:21 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
In my opinion the producers are showing what they think their viewers are most interested in seeing. Why would they not do that? They want people to watch fgs, I doubt they care that much who actually goes on to win the show tbh.
We all know that, I just find it strange and somewhat disturbing when you said the producers would have showed something more interesting if there was something more interesting to show, when, after watching live feed all day, there clearly was. Things that show much more about the housemates characters than a quick belly rub and other things that show that the producers quite clearly do care who stays in the house.

Things like 3 clear rule breaks regarding nominations, or the task being redone after one attempt after the rules were clearly read out because two out of the three didn't do it properly so the unfortunate one, who just happened not to be in a relationship missed out from saving herself.

Now if you want to watch some desperate housewife hack and cough her way through half a hand job and find that more interesting than finding out about peoples characters that you will have to eventually vote for to win big brother then i'm sorry, really sorry but viewers with those views, have, for me, ruined the dam show and cost it it's rightful place as the head of reality tv in the uk.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:27 AM #46
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We all know that, I just find it strange and somewhat disturbing when you said the producers would have showed something more interesting if there was something more interesting to show, when, after watching live feed all day, there clearly was. Things that show much more about the housemates characters than a quick belly rub and other things that show that the producers quite clearly do care who stays in the house.

Things like 3 clear rule breaks regarding nominations, or the task being redone after one attempt after the rules were clearly read out because two out of the three didn't do it properly so the unfortunate one, who just happened not to be in a relationship missed out from saving herself.

Now if you want to watch some desperate housewife hack and cough her way through half a hand job and find that more interesting than finding out about peoples characters that you will have to eventually vote for to win big brother then i'm sorry, really sorry but viewers with those views, have, for me, ruined the dam show and cost it it's rightful place as the head of reality tv in the uk.
Well, I have found the relationship between John James and Josie very interesting actually. The tasks in general I don't find hugely entertaining apart from a couple of good ones.

I don't think it was viewers views that ruined Big Brother personally, it has just run it's course and people lost interest. I am hoping never the less that it will be taken over by another channel and re invented in some way.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 11:36 AM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well, I have found the relationship between John James and Josie very interesting actually. The tasks in general I don't find hugely entertaining apart from a couple of good ones.

I don't think it was viewers views that ruined Big Brother personally, it has just run it's course and people lost interest. I am hoping never the less that it will be taken over by another channel and re invented in some way.
Don't you ever think why viewers have switched off?

Could it not be the very fact we are force fed the will they wont they situation year after year by the ridiculous producers who after paul and helen became such a hit prayed to god for more of the same. When in fact the harder they tried to make us believe this would happen by selecting desperate idiots who would prostitute themselves for a page in some desperate magazine, the more the show failed, and the viewers, the original viewers, started turning of in their droves because of the way it was force fed to us!

The producers should never work in television again as instead of trying to recapture the viewers that they lost decided it would be a better idea to get as much column inches in those said desperate magazines with the faux romance stories that most ex viewers find nausiating.

Last edited by parmnion; 05-08-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 AM #48
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Don't you ever think why viewers have switched off?

Could it not be the very fact we are force fed the will they wont they situation year after year by the ridiculous producers who after paul and helen became such a hit prayed to god for more of the same. When in fact the harder they tried to make us believe this would happen by selecting desperate idiots who would prostitute themselves for a page in some desperate magazine, the more the show failed, and the viewers, the original viewers, started turning of in their droves because of the way it was force fed to us!

The producers should never work in television again as instead of trying to recapture the viewers that they lost decided it would be a better idea to get as much column inches in those said desperate magazines with the faux romance stories that most ex viewers find nausiating.
Every programme peaks and falls, that's life. Things have changed from the earlier series because they had to. You could never get the type of show it was back then, back because it was more innocent back then because it was new and people didn't know what would come of it.

It was the type of people applying as well that helped in it's demise, trying to re create popular past HMs etc. and its pure luck picking the right contestants, I think, as most of them lie through their teeth when applying as we can see from their VTs at the start.

Last year they got lucky with their choices of HMs they were all very interesting characters (besides Sophies who won :/) I just think they have a really sh1t bunch this year tbh.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 05-08-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

What has been interesting for you in their 'romance'?just curious

Old 05-08-2010, 12:23 PM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Every programme peaks and falls, that's life. Things have changed from the earlier series because they had to. You could never get the type of show it was back then, back because it was more innocent back then because it was new and people didn't know what would come of it.

It was the type of people applying as well that helped in it's demise, trying to re create popular past HMs etc. and its pure luck picking the right contestants, I think, as most of them lie through their teeth when applying as we can see from their VTs at the start.

Last year they got lucky with their choices of HMs they were all very interesting characters (besides Sophies who won :/) I just think they have a really sh1t bunch this year tbh.
I agree,excluding Ben of course who was a one off classic housemate,imo.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ben, bennites