Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 20-01-2006, 03:14 PM #1

Default In defence of Pete

Right another view of Petes tirade against Traci.

First off I want to say that he did go too far , and a lot of what it said was not his usual 'truth' telling , but assumptions of her life style.

O.K when the nominations were annouced Pete was the first to tell Traci , not to take it seriously and try to comfort her.

Traci over reacted hugely to being nominated and this whole situation ( including the reason for the punishment) is a throw back to Faria's racist public comment , which was wrong and the way she let Traci and Dennis take a lot of the blame for it was also wtong.

Traci was tearful , on and off after the nomination process and it was this that was bearing on her mind.

Petes tirade , was a reaction to her L.A. mannerisms and him confronting it head on.He has previously been accused on the board of doing this behind her back.It was never racist,as has been stated ,but did go too far.He also invited Traci to confront him if she so wished , but she added fuel to his fire by saying he was lovely , his hair was great etc etc.

She laughed at most of the outburst and was free to walk away or tell him to shut up.The other HM's who witnessed the outburst seemed equal parts amused and shocked.Preston and George later saying he went too far.

Her crying towards the end was an edit , she was drunk and over emotional at being nominated.Her main concern through out the rest of the night was why should any one nominate her and she never once raised the outburst or seemed effected by it.

The highlites show finished at about 2am and the HM's were still up and about for hours.

Later traci joined Pete and Chantelle in the kitchen ,where they were laughing and pete was trying to convince her not to take the nominations too seriously and lighten up about it.She was joking about the Like/love comparrisons and stated that Pete will win the show because he is so entertaing.

Traci later went to the bedroom ,where she kept Maggot nd Chantelle awake for ages with her uncomprehension of being nominated.Her tears were always for nomination and the Pete comments never seemed to be an issue.

As I say I am not saying Pete was right in all he said or how he said it , but one adult expressing views and opinions to another adult does not always automatically have to raise the word bullying and sometimes the highlites show does'nt tell the whole story.
stoney12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 03:18 PM #2

Well Said!
tali is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 04:13 PM #3

I havent seen any of it yet and Im gutted I missed it all lol. From what I have read here and on other threads at some point Chantelle was saying stuff about Traci to? Alot of people talk behind others backs but are nice and friendly infront of them. Chantelle has done it when around Jodie about George especially and now Chantelle has said stuff about Traci with Pete but people dont mention that?

Why didnt George/the rest stop his ranting? Surely as he is suppose to be the dimplomatic one who thinks he is above the rest.
Imn not condoning everything Pete has/has been said to of done until In see for myself but far to many are quick to judge and stir up a big fuss. On the whole from what I have seen priviously Pete had been on the ball about most of the housemates in there and his comments may seem harsh and blunt but the fact he is like that with everyone shows he is himself.

Did Traci go back to pete afterwards and ask him for more comments? Alot of the 'fights' when Pete/Chantelle argue are good humoured and they both laugh it off but when Pete walked away didnt he say "there that distracted you for a while' and laughed it off with Traci?

Did he or did he not on more than 1 occasion tell the other hms he did it to stop her banging on about being nominated?

Why are you (the public) getting offended so badly when the actual housemates can laugh/joke/talk as normal afterwards? Is Traci staying away from Pete? Or carrying on as normal?

Why did they lack to show Traci in the bedroom moaning about being nominated over and over?

Why did none of the other housemates pull pete up if they thought the "black" comments were out of order...? Why did they all join in on the "gorilla coat" convosation but not pull Pete up for something that could be seen as racist. Why didnt Dennis make more out of the black comment as he is black when the others told him what happened he laughed?

You have to remember this is the kind of stuff that keeps us all watching, if there was no fights and everyone was nice the show wouldn't survive. BB starve the housemates and then produce mountains of alcohol and this is how they get the viewers. Over the years now we have has quite a few people seen as the bad guy/gal and they are what we debate about the most....in the end its a GAME...everything that is said and done on the show only reflects a small part of them. BB edits the show in the way they feel is best...if they want Preston to win they will only show Prestons good bits etc. Same with every other celeb. At the moment Pete is once again the bad guy and bb edit it so its his moment and dont show all of the full story. Im sure Pete knows he has gone in there to stir things up and this is what he has done from day 1. We watch this show as it entertains us yet we cry outrage when something we see isn't so nice. How many of you would actually watch this show if everyone got on perfect and where all friends? Lol
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 04:18 PM #4

Good post GlitterEyes
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 04:21 PM #5

Thanks for telling it like it really happened stoney. I only saw the highlights, and although I realise that they are edited, it really did look like he was being incredibly nasty and horrible to her. So I appreciate your post, giving the whole story. Unfortunately, a lot of people will have only seen the highlights and I think this will turn a lot of people against Pete.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 04:22 PM #6

GlitterEyes, just to let you know - they did not show Traci and Pete having a laugh afterwards in the highlights. It gave the impression that after Pete laid into her (and I still think he went a bit too far), he walked off boasting about having a go at her, while she was in tears.
Old 20-01-2006, 04:23 PM #7

I hate how people just see the edited parts and then jump on the bandwagon and believe anything, I am yet to see it all but can't wait to see what the decide to show. I always miss the fun
Old 20-01-2006, 04:30 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth
GlitterEyes, just to let you know - they did not show Traci and Pete having a laugh afterwards in the highlights. It gave the impression that after Pete laid into her (and I still think he went a bit too far), he walked off boasting about having a go at her, while she was in tears.
I think some comments he went to far aswell from what I have read but also think others have said stuff and they fail to show it on the main show. Thx for the info
Old 20-01-2006, 04:34 PM #9

No probs GE
Old 20-01-2006, 04:41 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by stoney12
Right another view of Petes tirade against Traci.

First off I want to say that he did go too far , and a lot of what it said was not his usual 'truth' telling , but assumptions of her life style.

O.K when the nominations were annouced Pete was the first to tell Traci.... <snip>
I agree and well said. It makes a pleasant change to see somebody offering an alternative viewpoint to Pete's tirade rather than the rubbish written up that Pete's all these nasty things and he should get beaten up when he's out etc

Traci could have stopped it simply by walking away. Yes Pete did go a bit too far but he's not responsible for what does and doesn't get shown on TV. I think he will be disappointed at the way it was edited to make him out to be this horrible ogre.

Quote:
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
I hate how people just see the edited parts and then jump on the bandwagon and believe anything, I am yet to see it all but can't wait to see what the decide to show. I always miss the fun
It's become a trend since the first series. The housemates are at the mercy of the BB editing team and sometimes their actions are pieced together to make a situation more volatile than it actually is.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 05:03 PM #11

I thought it was hilarious, Pete spoke his mind and said what most housemates were thinking anyway.
Tanser_Man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 05:32 PM #12

It seemed quite heavily edited, though. It was done as though he just suddenly attacked her, completely out of the blue. And he was quite clearly joking at first, but her insipid responses made it go on for far longer than was necessary. When he was joking with Chantelle a few days ago, asking her if she was allowed to cross the road by herself, if she'd been potty trained, etc. it was taken as it was meant, as harmless banter. But her 'I love your hair / shoes / boots / etc.' comments are indeed fake, and rather than answer such points (or simply get up and walk away), she repeated them, over and over. And yes, he pointed out traits that are stereotypical of her culture (I mean the fake, candyfloss, happy bunny nonsense, nothing to do with her ethnic origin). But what made it worse was that she's quite clearly aware of it, so is therefore deliberately adopting a stereotype to hide behind, rather than being herself at all. Malibu Traci wasn't at all bothered by the conversation, and neither should anyone else be.
CharlotteSometimes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 07:50 PM #13

Thanks for your thoughts and comments all.I had to try and put another side of that night after reading all the anti Pete posts.

His behaviour was not perfext (when is it?) But it has to be known that Traci never cried directly after petes tirade , but more as a reaction to the nominations.

One thing I can not work out is how anybody thought his rant was racist.

The only instance I can even vaguley think of is when he said 'Bitch' , Traci mis heard him and he said that he was using the popular vernacular of Black american culture.Was that it ?
Old 20-01-2006, 08:02 PM #14

Malibu Traci, lol.
jrc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 09:47 PM #15

Pete speaks his mind Agree with Tanser man he dosent give a f--- Get the fur coat on pete and wind them all up please ! He really spinns me round lol !
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 10:52 PM #16

Of course he gives a damn, he has huge insecurities, who wouldn't having had their physical feature seriously botched up?

It's all talk. It's no coincidence his main issues are with women, and with that, women with opinions AND the best looking women.

He doesn't feel threatened by Chantelle, she's not bright enough to be a threat other than sexually, and Chantelle couldn't be with an intelligent man, she'd be way out of her league, so she goes for boys.
InTheHood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 10:58 PM #17

mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 21-01-2006, 03:20 PM #18

Quote:
Originally posted by stoney12
Thanks for your thoughts and comments all.I had to try and put another side of that night after reading all the anti Pete posts.

His behaviour was not perfext (when is it?) But it has to be known that Traci never cried directly after petes tirade , but more as a reaction to the nominations.

One thing I can not work out is how anybody thought his rant was racist.

The only instance I can even vaguley think of is when he said 'Bitch' , Traci mis heard him and he said that he was using the popular vernacular of Black american culture.Was that it ?
Yeah that was the line, people take things far to serious, its a a game afterall. If you look at black music and white music I personally think that word is used more in black music than white...thats not racist just a personal opinion.
Old 21-01-2006, 06:07 PM #19

Pete wanted Rula out so he had a real go at Tracie ,and it worked .
chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 10:37 AM #20

Watcing BB's big mouth last night it seemed that the highlights version of the Traci row was still dominating discussion with half the audience and both guests , one being Rula the other being a jobbing comedian ,thinking that the best that could happen on the show was if Dennis smacked Pete in the mouth!!!!!!

Now thats bullying,

Meanwhile turning over to the live E4 coverage ,Maggot and Traci briefly spoke about the 'row' and agreed that although Pete was a bit mouthy , She gave a good account of herself and that Pete was funny.

They then went on to slag off George who is far more in their mind ,an undesirable person than Pete.

They then joined Chantelle and Pete in the kitchen ,where pete had already been talking about how out of order it was for Traci on her birthday to have to do a task and be locked in the bedroom.

The c4 highlites show is entertaining , but with people now wishing Physical violennce on a member of the house due to bad editing, they surely must have brief to offer the public , most of who only watch an hour of highlites , the true version of events.
Old 22-01-2006, 10:40 AM #21

hes an intelligent man or woman
Old 22-01-2006, 10:43 AM #22

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
The Apprentice 2013: Neil

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
The Apprentice 2013: Neil

Quote: