Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 14-09-2010, 02:31 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Default Corrie album to be released!

Rachel Leskovac may be performing a Bet Lynch tribute on Corrie: The Musical album.

The actress, who plays hairdresser Natasha Blakeman in Coronation Street, revealed she would be singing a number of tracks on the forthcoming album, including the homage to the iconic Rovers landlady, in celebration of the ITV soap's 50th anniversary.

"I'll be doing an homage to Bet Lynch - I'm going to be doing a couple of songs," she said.

Thinking about her upcoming performance gives Rachel, who trod the stage boards in musical Spend Spend Spend in 1999, butterflies.

"Spend Spend Spend was my big break, but it's been a while since I've done anything. I'm nervous," she admitted.

The all-singing, all-dancing production of Corrie: The Musical is expected to launch in Manchester before heading to London for a further run. Composer Trisha Ward has been working on the songs.

"Corrie: The Musical isn't happening until next year, but they are recording the album with some Corrie stars and other people to tie in the with 50th," Rachel revealed.

"There's a duet with Elsie Tanner, saying He's My Man, so they're fighting over a man. It's all brand new material from the musical. There are quite a few Corrie stars involved," she added.

Press Association

Old 14-09-2010, 03:05 PM #2
Mad Fer It

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Romeo
UBB: Brian
Mad Fer It

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Romeo
UBB: Brian

Sounds good, might by it for a laugh!
abbey97 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2010, 09:14 PM #3
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Lol I might buy it too, depends how much it costs xD
Old 15-09-2010, 10:29 PM #4
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We've already had Corrie – the stage play, now look out for Corrie – the album, this Christmas.

I hear stars of the show have been recording an album of original songs ahead of plans for a full musical production, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the show in December.

The soap’s ex-baddie Brian Capron has revealed he’s recorded a “Richard Hillman” song which will appear on the album to be released in time for Christmas.

Brian, pictured left yesterday in his Pantos On Strike role, told The Diary he has just finished filming his track at London’s Abbey Road studios alongside a raft of the show’s stars.

He said: “What I’ve seen and heard of the songs so far, it’s going to be absolutely fantastic. My Richard Hillman song is a sort of confessional to Gail. It’s really very powerful.

“I imagine if the album sells well, they’ll go ahead with a full musical in the West End.”

It’s hard to believe it’s over seven years since Brian made his dramatic watery departure from Corrie as the serial killer.

But there’s plenty keeping him busy with the soap amid all those anniversary plans – as he’s also filmed a cameo in the upcoming Corrie DVD – playing Richard’s identical-looking “cousin”.

He’ll be in Manchester for Pantos On Strike and he’ll also be starring in a more traditional panto when he plays Captain Hook at The Lowry’s family show of Peter Pan at Christmas.

MEN
Sounds like a bit of Corrie fun, not expecting anything monumental from it, but it sounds fun

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
album, corrie, released