Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:32 PM #1
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Arrow Now Sam Pepper wants his fans to "make more of an effort" with fan mail.

Not long after wanting money from his fans, he now wants them to make more of an effort.

http://bit.ly/9ROb2X

What an absolute twat.
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 PM #2
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

How come you've turned against him?
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM #3
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

How come you've turned against him?
The whole asking for money thing (yeah, I know he gave it to charity, but he blatantly wasn't going to ), and now this...it's like...are you for real?

I DO like him, still. He's just kind of annoying me.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM #4
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

sam is a ***** and i cant believe jack is still defending him.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 PM #5

People on this forum need to chill out! You don't understand how twitter operates! He gets about 1000 tweets each day to which he can't reply back to every single one of them, so all his fans who have sent him stuff are asking him whether they remember what they got for him. Obviously if you get thousands of fan mails, you can't remember what every single fan has given you, so he tweeted back telling people to give him interesting things that he will remember by.

I find some people here on this forum pathetic, who watch the show and spends a lot of money evicting a person, but yet complains and moans whenever a house mate is popular on the outside world and tries to pin point every single manoeuvre in their life, which it clearly has nothing to do with them.

Sam being the only house mate who has a huge fan base, is using the twitter market to promote his ringtones and other stuff and also is a great way of communicating fans through this method. He is endorsing his products, completely different to what other previous house mates have done before. Rather than doing magazine deals or cover of nuts if you are girl, his market is more media based.

Plus if you follow twitter he is not the only person to ask money, a lot of other celebrities have done it before and later sent the money to the charity of their choice. For example 50 cent who is a multi millionaire who has 3 million people following him.
magic118118 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:00 PM #6
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Sam stans. Sigh.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 PM #7

Favourites:
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB16: Joel

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja$e View Post
The whole asking for money thing (yeah, I know he gave it to charity, but he blatantly wasn't going to ), and now this...it's like...are you for real?

I DO like him, still. He's just kind of annoying me.
I have to agree, I LOVED Sam Pepper in the house but this whole twitter thing has gotten ridiculous now. I understand that he obviously wont remember every single gift he has received from fans but it isn't very grateful to tell his fans that his gifts must be interesting or they wont get a mention. At the end of the day, he should be grateful that he has any fans sending him gifts, after all he is from Big Brother, not Hollywood. As Nikki Grahame once said; 'You're not A-List darling, you've been on reality TV like all of us'.

aliacid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM #8

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliacid View Post
I have to agree, I LOVED Sam Pepper in the house but this whole twitter thing has gotten ridiculous now. I understand that he obviously wont remember every single gift he has received from fans but it isn't very grateful to tell his fans that his gifts must be interesting or they wont get a mention. At the end of the day, he should be grateful that he has any fans sending him gifts, after all he is from Big Brother, not Hollywood. As Nikki Grahame once said; 'You're not A-List darling, you've been on reality TV like all of us'.
My question is "What's it to you or anyone else if fans want to send him stuff?" Unless he's sending heavies round to their houses to extract gifts and money, from where I'm sitting people are WANTING to send him stuff, and pretty inocuous stuff too, like pepperpots, drawings, photos, even socks - hardly the crown jewels FFS. If and when they get fed up with him they won't need you or any of the sanctimonious prigs on this forum's approval to drop him like a hot potato. It is the nature of the celebrity beast that BB spawns that each and every HM will do their utmost to cash in on their short lived fame, and why the hell not?

All these petty digs at a young lad exploiting his short lived "celebrity" are pathetic - you all know full well you'd do the same, such opportunities only come along once in a while. He is doing no-one any harm so get a grip.

How about having a go at some of the really established celebs who use twitter to promote their crappy records and books? Why shouldn't Sam and the other BB "celebs" have the same privilege?

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:38 PM #9

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
My question is "What's it to you or anyone else if fans want to send him stuff?" Unless he's sending heavies round to their houses to extract gifts and money, from where I'm sitting people are WANTING to send him stuff, and pretty inocuous stuff too, like pepperpots, drawings, photos, even socks - hardly the crown jewels FFS. If and when they get fed up with him they won't need you or any of the sanctimonious prigs on this forum's approval to drop him like a hot potato. It is the nature of the celebrity beast that BB spawns that each and every HM will do their utmost to cash in on their short lived fame, and why the hell not?

All these petty digs at a young lad exploiting his short lived "celebrity" are pathetic - you all know full well you'd do the same, such opportunities only come along once in a while. He is doing no-one any harm so get a grip.

How about having a go at some of the really established celebs who use twitter to promote their crappy records and books? Why shouldn't Sam and the other BB "celebs" have the same privilege?
Right hold it right there, that is so ****ing out of order, why do you have to make it personal? If you bothered to read my post properly you would have been aware of the fact that I do really really like Sam Pepper but was simply expressing my opinion, saying that I think this is a step too far.

I know, make the most of the fame they have, hell yes, I have always said this, but, you saying that has supported what I said in the beginning. He is not an A-Lister, his fame will be short lived so he should be exceedingly grateful for any gifts he gets because it will end very soon.

I 100% admit that I would do the same, I'd take up every offer and cash-in while I have the chance, but I'd be grateful for ANY gifts I receive from fans and grateful for ANY cash I'd make outside the house.

I can't believe that I actually have to explain myself, I really like Sam Pepper and the fact that I have to explain myself to you shows that you went completely OTT and completely misread my post, why do you insist on making things personal? With regards to the sanctimonious prigs, how dare you, I am allowed an opinion and so is everyone else on this forum.

Last edited by aliacid; 03-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.
aliacid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fan, fans, mail, make more of an effort, pepper, sam