Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 23-07-2002, 10:31 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default More Drunken Antics Last Night

Story from Ananova

Jonny keeps vigil by drunken Kate

Jonny has spent the night sleeping next to Kate to keep vigil after she was sick.

The pair became the worse for wear by about 4am this morning, due to drinking excessive amounts of home-made punch.

Jade sorted them both out, cleaning up after them and rubbing their backs.

Kate had previously been sick on the bedroom floor and after Jade took her usual sleeping position on the sofas, the concerned fireman lay on top of the duvet on Kate's double bed.

Tut tut!

I saw the start of the drinking games last night, and the punch was certainly flowing at that time. God only knows what state Jonny and Kate were in by 4 a.m.!

Good for Jade cleaning up after them.

I wondered why Jonny was lying beside Kate in the double bed when I flicked on E4 this morning ............ now all has become clear. I bet there are a few VERY sore heads in the BB3 house today.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 01:54 PM #2

i love it when they get drunk the only bad side is that they always feel ill after it

but some of the game they play it just mad sham they got to get drunk to have fun realy

but still i cant wait till friday

mcginn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 03:34 PM #3

I watched them last night and I was beginning to feel sick!

I think it's all due to boredom. They really don't have anything to do but sleep, eat, clean up, practice tasks, jump in the pool, talk and drink.

Does anyone know why Jade has been sleeping on the sofa lately?
OwnedByCats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 03:42 PM #4
Administrator

Administrator

Quote:
Does anyone know why Jade has been sleeping on the sofa lately?
Not really, OwnedByCats.

Although the C4 site did have THIS story about Jade starting to sleep on the sofa which suggested it might have been due to the heat in the bedroom.
Old 23-07-2002, 05:43 PM #5

If Jade becomes more sensible this week and the other's blow it with going over the top with being drunk enough to puck on national telly. I'll be voting for Jade, I havent voted yet.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 06:16 PM #6

I love kate and Jonny..I hope they remain in touch after friday's show..they gel sooo well!!
monty_parrot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 07:21 PM #7

Kate was really quite ill last night. BB was concerned and called Jonny into the DR to ask him to attend to her to prevent the possibility of her choking if she was sick. Jonny and Jade turned her on to her side but she kept rolling back onto her back.

Jade got in beside her later followed by Jonny on the other side. After awhile Jade got up and I assume went to sleep on the sofa.

bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 07:32 PM #8

Quote:
Originally posted by monty_parrot
I love kate and Jonny..I hope they remain in touch after friday's show..they gel sooo well!!
I agree monty_parrot. Kate and Jonny are a really good match and I reckon will make the best of mates when they get out. They have entertained us for sure.
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 09:55 PM #9
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

From what I saw on the C4 show, Jonny was egging Kate on in a drinking game when she did not want to continue.

Being male Jonny is not effected as much by alcohol as much as Kate is, being female. The department of health reccommend that women drink less standard units a week than men (20 for men 14 for women). There is a biological reason for this but I don't have access to it at this time.

Jonny was not very nice in making Kate go well beyond the limit. (Just something for those thinking about voting for Jonny to consider)

In a twist of fate, Jade was relatively sober in comparrison.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 10:09 PM #10
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
From what I saw on the C4 show, Jonny was egging Kate on in a drinking game when she did not want to continue.

Being male Jonny is not effected as much by alcohol as much as Kate is, being female. The department of health reccommend that women drink less standard units a week than men (20 for men 14 for women). There is a biological reason for this but I don't have access to it at this time.

Jonny was not very nice in making Kate go well beyond the limit. (Just something for those thinking about voting for Jonny to consider)

In a twist of fate, Jade was relatively sober in comparrison.
I don't think that Kate didn't want to continue, I think it was more a case of couldn't continue. I'm sure Jonny would have been a lot more thoughtful had he been sober, but he was almost as drunk himself. I am sure that Jonny would not knowingly do harm to Kate, who is clearly his best buddy in the house.

I tend to agree with what has been said about the situation. Last year they had enough food and alcohol to get by. This year it is either too much (rich side, and joined house) or nothing (poor side). This is behind the bitching, the boozing, the fumbling. That is what the programmers wanted, and if Kate's liver ends up damaged, blame them, not other housemates!

When this is all over, I think that Kate and Jonny will be singing each other's praises. I don't think this incident should affect how anyone votes.

I do agree with you on one point though, Jade did emerge with some credit...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 10:17 PM #11

It was a bit daft of Jonny, he goes like that though when he's had a few.But Kate wasnt much better she's trying to much to be a laddet, she's a strong enough women to say no. Jonny shouldnt have been trying to force her though, especially as he'd been sick and was at an advantage over Kate in that he had less Alcohol in him and being a bloke. Problem with it was there millions of people watching their drunkin antics, with £70,000 at stake it's not like being drunk on a Saturday night in town. Young but daft Jade sensible for once is all I can say.

Old 23-07-2002, 10:23 PM #12
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by steve_o
It was a bit daft of Jonny, he goes like that though when he's had a few.But Kate wasnt much better she's trying to much to be a laddet, she's a strong enough women to say no. Jonny shouldnt have been trying to force her though, especially as he'd been sick and was at an advantage over Kate in that he had less Alcohol in him and being a bloke. Problem with it was there millions of people watching their drunkin antics, with £70,000 at stake it's not like being drunk on a Saturday night in town. Young but daft Jade sensible for once is all I can say.

I can agree with the way you've summarised it, Steve_o. I think Sticks' summary put a sinister edge to it. Was it irresponsible? Probably. Was it sinister. No way! And I still think that BB should be held responsible for a lot of the things that have occurred.

I would also like to add that I don't think Jonny or Kate (or Jade for that matter) behaved as they did last night thinking about the £70,000. I don't think some of the more extreme drunken shenanigans would have occurred had that been the case.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 10:27 PM #13

They should it may all go to Alex, he was in bed.

Old 23-07-2002, 10:32 PM #14

It looks like Jade is blaming Jonny for last nights antics:

Jade blames Jonny for Kate's drunken vomiting

Jade blames Jonny for last night's drunken shenanigans in the Elstree house.

She told Big Brother in the Diary Room that Jonny was force feeding Kate with alcohol, causing her to be sick in the bedroom.

She denounced their behaviour as 'disgusting'.

Jade said: "Kate was sick and I tried to rub her back and I gave her milk to line her stomach. Then I go in the bedroom and she's been sick over the side of the bed. Which is disgusting.

"Kate says she's had enough and smacks her head on the floor. The next thing Jonny is force-feeding her alcohol."

"The outcome has wrecked the bedroom floor."

Jade also complained about Alex saying she 'gets confused' on purpose.

She added: "I get a lot of things confused. And Alex thinks I do it on purpose.

"Now, who in their right frame of mind would make them self look like a doughnut on purpose? It's only because that is what I think I say is maybe right. Like, I thought there was a place called Czechoslovakia.

"I can't help it if I don't know what 'metabolism' is. I can't understand why somebody would want to make a fool of themselves deliberately."

************************************************** ************************************************** ****

I think Jonny was as bad as Kate and didnt know what he was really doing.
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 01:03 AM #15

Kudos to Alex and Jade for not getting involved in that. Although they'll probably lose votes for not participating.

Watching Kate get dangerously drunk like that made very uncomfortable viewing for me - as if I was, in part, responsible for it.

I just thought - don't they realise the whole country's watching them, future employers for example? Do they really think that is going to make them popular? Show some respect for yourselves.

I agree though. Big Brother gives them so much money to spend because they know that it is going to be spent on grog. They share responsibility.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 09:00 AM #16
Administrator

Administrator

You're absolutely right, James - it was painful and embarrassing viewing.

I think Big Brother should have intervened when they saw how drunk she really was and asked one of the other housemates (Jade or Alex) to take her to bed. After all, they sent Lee into the bathroom to rescue Kate when she fell asleep in the bath after an earlier boozing session, didn't they?

Click here if you're interesting in reading the Mirror's (the so-called anti-Big Brother paper) view on the matter.
Old 17-03-2004, 12:24 PM #17

Default Kate\'s drinking habits

How many times was Kate drunk during her nine weeks in the house? BB isn't a beauty contest, but the fact is that people that are considered beautiful by the majority of Westerners get away with a lot of things. What if Jade had drunk as much as Kate? It was appalling to watch the state that Kate was in last night.
Mervi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2004, 01:28 PM #18

Quote:
Originally posted by Mervi
How many times was Kate drunk during her nine weeks in the house? BB isn't a beauty contest, but the fact is that people that are considered beautiful by the majority of Westerners get away with a lot of things. What if Jade had drunk as much as Kate? It was appalling to watch the state that Kate was in last night.
I agree Mervi. I was horrified to see her like that at the time. Jonny was forcing her to drink when she was practically comatose.

I was really quite worried about her at the time. I still think it was irresponsible of them to provide unlimited alcohol to the houseguests.

By the way, I think Jade did get pretty drunk on at least two occasions.

AT LEAST, I HOPE SHE DID.

Otherwise, there is only one possible explanation of her undercover activity with PJ and her striptease.

She is a strumpet, a shameless hussey and definitely no better than she should be.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2004, 04:16 PM #19

What worried me most about BB3 was the fact that the producers allowed the housemates to get really drunk and then let them use the pool. Drink and water is not a happy combination. There could have been a very nasty accident there.

Quote:
She is a strumpet, a shameless hussey and definitely no better than she should be.
Do I have the feeling that Jade is not your favourite housemate ROB?
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-03-2004, 09:06 AM #20

Quote:
Originally posted by BusyBee
What worried me most about BB3 was the fact that the producers allowed the housemates to get really drunk and then let them use the pool. Drink and water is not a happy combination. There could have been a very nasty accident there
While millions of people are watching the show? I doubt it. The security is always there.
ILoveJade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-03-2004, 11:00 AM #21

Sorry to disagree, but a lot can happen in the few minutes it would take security to get there. And they were not in a state to be fully aware if anyone had got in trouble.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 09:55 AM #22

I read somewhere that one sign of an alcoholic is that one cannot refuse free alcohol. No matter how much alcohol they are offered in the house, they make the decision to drink it (and too much of it) themselves.
Mervi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 09:25 PM #23

I think Kate said in interviews later that she didn't drink very often outside of the Big Brother house. I don't know what that says.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
antics, drunken, night