Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:25 AM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Default Emmerdale denies copying Corrie's tram crash

Emmerdale executive producer Gavin Blyth has denied that soap is trying to copy Coronation Street with the upcoming train crash plot.

Viewers will see Aaron (Danny Miller), Jackson (Marc Silcock), Paddy (Dominic Brunt) and Marlon (Mark Charnock) involved in an accident after enjoying a night out.

The van driven by Jackson leaves the road and ends up on the train tracks where it is hit by an oncoming train.

One of the four people in the vehicle's life is left in jeopardy after the incident.

Speaking at the press launch, Blyth was asked if the event is similar to Coronation Street's upcoming tram crash.

He said: "No, obviously we're two months ahead of Corrie so our planning was practically a year ago for this.

"We couldn't be any different. I mean theirs is a tram but ours is away from the village and this is the start of the story - this is the one thing I can't stress enough."

He continued: "So it's got absolutely nothing to do with Corrie or what they are doing, which I'm sure they'll do fantastically well.

"We're our own show with our own stories and this is the start of it, not the end.

"This is just an event which signifies the start of a hugely difficult story."

Actor Brunt added that he does not see the actual crash as the main part of the storyline.

He said: "I almost feel that the crash isn't the story at all.

"It's just the catalyst that starts the whole real story, whereas I think the stunt at Corrie will be the story."

STV

I agree with him, two completely different stunts

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
copying, corrie, crash, denies, emmerdale, tram