Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 25-10-2010, 09:07 AM #1

Default Sorry to intrude - my mam tells me.....

Sorry folks I'm a TIBB user who has never seen a whole episode of any series of X-Factor in my life.............

My mum called me yesterday. She's 76 and watches all...........instead of asking how Celtic got on at the football or my things, she immediately said "That Cher and Wagner are rubbish, how they still on?".

I had to pretend I knew what she was talking about!!!! I only know from sigs from pals here the names.

Gimmie (means give to me) a line to tell her insider tips! Next time I call her.

Please please please amigos
Claymores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 11:11 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

LOL awww i'm loving your mum bless her. sorry to hear celtic lost .

wagner is the sort of joke act this year, he's an older guy who can sing certain types of songs, i'm not sure what type, but he can't do pop that's for sure, many people seem to find him entertaining and he is maybe attracting people who want to vote out of some kind of protest against the whole x factor machine.

cher is a young teenager who can dance, sing and rap, and she has marmite factor, her fans think shes the best thing ever, and many others don't like the rap and think she is a cocky little madam, there was also some drama about another girl (gamu) not getting through to the live shows who was very good, but possibly being sent back to africa anyway because of her immigration status.

a young guy called matt the favorite, he can hit very high notes and most people love him.

oh theres a boy band full of cute teenagers who are also in the running called one direction.

black liverpudlian girl called rachel, very nice girl, classy singer, unusual voice...jazzy

there a young homosexual called aiden who pulls faces and looks and sounds akward, but has a loyal fan base.

very generously proportioned older lady called mary who works on tills at tesco, she can belt out a song.

girl group belle amie expected to be out soon, they are not very good and know it, much weeping , running make up, our lives depend on this type stuff...the usual thing

katie... did well this weekend singing a jungle book song , not very powerful voice but good performer...sounds like shes got a cold like that blond girl from before with the bare feet who always sang in an irish accent for some reason.

um.... oh there is tracy ...or treyc sweet looking black girl with shiny legs and big bum who can sing well.

my advice is just be honest with your mum, it's not a crime to not watch the x factor, but it's very sweet that you are trying to show interest. you get one mum x
Jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 01:21 PM #3

Just tell her you don't watch X Factor. You have your own life.
Old 25-10-2010, 01:44 PM #4
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamietwo View Post

black liverpudlian girl called rachel, very nice girl, classy singer, unusual voice...jazzy
Rebecca...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-10-2010, 02:05 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Your mum is right.

Wagner is more of a joke-act sort of 'so-bad-he-is-good' nutter favourite.

Cher is also terrible but is mistaken as a legitimate contender by teen girls and then that is only encouraged by judges who see a perfect recording artist who can be auto-tuned and make 100 takes into 1 good one (with enough tweaking).

Well.. maybe that is too much for your mum but good on her for having a good sense and good ear.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
intrude, mam, tells