Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 23-07-2002, 09:59 PM #1
Oldgit

Oldgit

Default Return of the Moaner!

Just saw tonight's BB on C4. After a couple of days of having fun with Jade, Jonny and Kate, Alex started having a moan to Jade about the repeating jokes, etc, etc. And he was doing so well.

Jade, for her part, listened stoically. Obviously you can't tell if there was any time lag, but you next saw her in Bedroom 2 where Kate was practising, and Jonny did one of the repeating jokes!

The point is, it's not the "Day 53 in the Big Brother house" bit that's funny, it's the bit that follows, in this case "Jade keeps looking in the mirror but still cannot see any improvement". Jade saw the funny side.

Alex was obviously enjoying the last couple of days, so why does he have to do it? Does he just enjoy moaning?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2002, 10:05 PM #2

I love Alex as much as anyone and would love to see him win the prize money - but I do think he should put his moaning to a halt.
He got into the house out of thousands and thousands of people, hes never going to do anything like it again and he never has to see the people again - he has three days left, I say Alex = 'Chill and enjoy your final week!'
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 01:17 AM #3

Jonny's chances of winning could be improved if he gets to hear Alex's criticism about this. The 'Day X in the Big Brother house' thing is getting very old.

It also shows how aware this year's contestants are of the format of the Big Brother programme.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 06:31 AM #4

Grrrrrrrrr...

.....why can't Alex be civil form more than a couple of days?
everyone in there has been having a good time, Jade is relaxing and enjoying the company, so for Alex to have another bitch about Jonny is just pathetic...grow up Alex, you bore me now...why can't he for once just get on with it?
I keep changing my mind on him..just when he shows a pleasant side..BOOM, he goes and ruins it with a bitch!!
I really don't like him now, and for him to win would be an injustice because he's never entered into the spirit of things. big Brother is about getting along, cooperating with others if you wanna destreo people and backstab on live telly apply for Survivor or Eden!!

Good ridance to bad rubbish..the final straw has been taken
monty_parrot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 09:22 AM #5

I like Alex's moaning. It makes a change from Jonny's perpetual acting. I'm so sick of him and his so called humour I just want the show to end now. I thought that BB3 hit a new low with his force-feeding Kate more alcohol when she'd obviously had more than enough and really hasn't he learnt more in his 29 (looks like 49) years than to mix cider, wine and beer together in a disgusting attempt at 'punch'. In comparison to Jonny Alex is at least true to himself and says what he thinks. I'm sorry Jonny fans but compared to Alex Jonny is a one-dimensional character, and I for one have seen much too much of him. I'd like Alex to win.
peachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 03:59 PM #6

I completely agree with peachy. Why should Alex play the game by Jonny's rules? His idea of fun (on Big Brother) is to get people paralytically drunk and then run around the garden with no clothes on, or even go for a paddle in the pool. All on national TV.

I am starting to feel a twinge of pity for Jonny mind you. He's trading in his long-term career prospects for, what he thinks is, short-term popularity in Big Brother, or at least, what he sees as, entertainment for the viewers.

The bookies think he's blown his chances though.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 04:06 PM #7

James, the drinking the other night cannot be blamed all on Jonny! kate could have stopped drinking at any time but she chose to continue. They were both drunk and this was not nice to see but they are good friends and i don't think he set out to make Kate ill

On the other hand i agree with what was said about Alex he has not changed his views from the begining and i think he will be happy to leave on friday win or no win
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 04:23 PM #8

Jonny is just out to have fun and entertain himself and he is getting nothing but stick from it. He is not a bad person, just trying a bit too hard maybe but that is nowhere near a crime.
Try living in that house for 9 weeks, all day with having nothing to do. He can make whatever entertainment he wants because only he knows how boring it can be.
Old 24-07-2002, 04:24 PM #9

Quote:
I love Alex as much as anyone
Oi!
Don't tar me with the same brush - I can't stand him!!

(It is amusing listening to him whine, but I'd never want him to win!!)
Glitter_babe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 05:27 PM #10

I think Alex is just at the stage where he could cheerfully swing for Jade.

It has been remarked before by myself that my dear OH bears many resemblances to Alex. In fact, our friends have remarked on it, and has OH himself.

(I'm talking personality/behaviour here. I won't comment on the looks issue, but bearing in mind OH has spent 30 years with me, he still has a full head of blond hair, his own teeth and is fit and well honed, as it happens. Maybe not quite up to an Armani contract, but not half bad)

I feel consequently that I can speak with some authority in this respect.

Alex is exercising MASSIVE restraint with Jade. If he didn't have to live with her, he'd probably quite like her. They are just incompatible. Opposites if you will.

I'm glad he and Jade didn't get completed oiled the night before last. It was dreadful to watch.

I agree with peachy, jonny lost my vote that night, by trying to put more drink down Kate's throat. The girl was almost insensible and obviously had acute alcoholic poisoning. Where were Big Brother? Jonny was mumbling about the fact she had more or less fallen into the recovery position. She needed to be.

If she had been brought into our A&E in that state she would probably have been admitted and observed overnight. She would probably have also had an IV infusion of normal saline put up. She was very lucky to survive as unscathed as she did.

Young healthy people die everyday in this country from heavy drinking binges like this one, often involving punch type cocktails.

Alcohol is the most destructive drug of all, and it is freely available and socially acceptable.

I don't mind who wins still. It's not that relevant to me personally.

I think maybe Paul's point on his interview today is a valid one. It should be someone who can be a role model especially to the younger audience.

For the rest, I don't mind.
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2002, 07:44 PM #11
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by peachy
I like Alex's moaning. It makes a change from Jonny's perpetual acting.
Why is it that all the celebs that come on BBLB and praise Alex go on about Jonny playing to the cameras, then praise Alex for hiding behind the door and mouthing the words to the song being played in the disco to the camera.

Alex is the only housemate, as far as I can see, who has been totally on his own and addressed the camera on a regular basis. Jonny involves others, usually Kate, in his humour.

And sorry you might like Alex's moaning, I suppose if others are suffering from it in TV-land it's okay, but have you ever worked or lived with someone who moans all day? It drives you mad!

Where Alex has been two-faced this week is that he joined in the fun on Saturday, got drunk and play-acted along with eveyone else, then starts bitching about it once he sobers up. If he was true to himself he would not get drunk. He does it, does silly things, then moans about others doing silly things.

My final rant in this contribution is as follows:

My late Nan used to have a card up on the wall in her toilet and when we used to visit her it used to make me cringe! "If you sprinkle when you tinkle..." you know the rest. When Alex said it on TV I thought -- for Christ's sake you are a 22 year old man not an 85 year old woman! Which is exactly what he sounds like when he kicks off!
Old 24-07-2002, 10:29 PM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldgit
When Alex said it on TV I thought -- for Christ's sake you are a 22 year old man not an 85 year old woman! Which is exactly what he sounds like when he kicks off!
Yeah, but I thought this is what is making Alex so endearing and popular with the public because he is not your average bloke but he is like an 85 yr old woman who moans - and people find that funny.
I find him unique and I have never ever met any other lad like him.
Old 25-07-2002, 08:12 PM #13
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by WILDCHILD
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldgit
When Alex said it on TV I thought -- for Christ's sake you are a 22 year old man not an 85 year old woman! Which is exactly what he sounds like when he kicks off!
Yeah, but I thought this is what is making Alex so endearing and popular with the public because he is not your average bloke but he is like an 85 yr old woman who moans - and people find that funny.
I find him unique and I have never ever met any other lad like him.
Let's hope for your sake you never do!!

Old 25-07-2002, 08:22 PM #14

I think that Alex has always been moaner and a miserable G*T he is unpleasant and rude to any that cross his path, and I summed that up from day 1. He relaxed for a few days but that was only when he was tanked up with booze.

From
Summer

:col our: :eleph ant:
Summer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
moaner, return