Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 19-11-2010, 12:43 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
Ben is scheduled to be on Radio London tonight at 10.00 - probably talking about the Will and Kate story amongst other things - even people far from London can listen in to this by using the BBC i-Player - he is usually very relaxed and fluent and interesting on the radio - in many ways it is a wonderful medium for him (though I always miss seeing his face too)

What is such fun is that Jo Good always says that Ben is her absolute favourite from the series and that she thinks that all the others have been more or less forgotten already - a woman of not inconsiderable taste, I feel
deluded too it seems :-)
lauraC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 12:49 PM #27

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Ben

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraC View Post
deluded too it seems :-)
Looked in the mirror lately?

Why is it you have to come on here whenever there is a nice thread about Ben and spoil it. Really is getting old now. Go on off you trot!

Champion Winder Upper of the DS Mods and Proud of It!

gemmiej is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 12:51 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmiej View Post

Looked in the mirror lately?

Why is it you have to come on here whenever there is a nice thread about Ben and spoil it. Really is getting old now. Go on off you trot!
it's the first time i have commented on Ben on here
Old 19-11-2010, 12:53 PM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
it's the first time i have commented on Ben on here
Why say that Jo is deluded for wanting Ben on her show? Was there any need for that comment is the point I am trying to make.

Old 19-11-2010, 12:56 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmiej;3921454[B
]Why say that Jo is deluded for wanting Ben on her show?[/B] Was there any need for that comment is the point I am trying to make.
I didn't.
I think she is deluded by this statement:
she thinks that all the others have been more or less forgotten already i don't think the others have been forgotten already and if so no more than ben
Old 19-11-2010, 12:58 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I didn't.
I think she is deluded by this statement:
she thinks that all the others have been more or less forgotten already i don't think the others have been forgotten already and if so no more than ben
Ben is the one that is getting the most from Big Brother at the moment. That is what Jo was trying to say. And lets face it, could you see some one like JJ commenting on the Royal Wedding? Don't think so. Jo is not deluded she's just stating a fact.

Old 19-11-2010, 01:01 PM #32

Quote:
Ben is the one that is getting the most from Big Brother at the moment. That is what Jo was trying to say. And lets face it, could you see some one like JJ commenting on the Royal Wedding? Don't think so. Jo is not deluded she's just stating a fact.
I don't think so, I think John and Josie have gained the most so far from BB
Old 19-11-2010, 01:02 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't think so, I think John and Josie have gained the most so far from BB
I give it six months before they are consigned to the reality tv wilderness.

Old 19-11-2010, 01:06 PM #34

Quote:
I think that could be said about any one of them, time will tell
Old 19-11-2010, 01:22 PM #35

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Shall we get back on topic.

Looks like ITV2 is repeating the show

(I respect Jo Goode as someone who has been in the media for many years. She's clever, thoughtful, mature and respected. If her opinion is that about Ben - and she works outside the fans; forums and little BB world view - then so be it. She is not a PR agent or a mag selling stories so I take her opinion as fair and responsible).

Last edited by Truth Teller; 19-11-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Truth Teller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 01:49 PM #36

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):

Lets just ignore the bitter Mario fans and just discuss the success of our lovely Ben shall we? It's only natural that his success post BB will put some noses out of joint
Vodka Drinka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 02:22 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka Drinka View Post
Lets just ignore the bitter Mario fans and just discuss the success of our lovely Ben shall we? It's only natural that his success post BB will put some noses out of joint
I wish ben well, when and if ben becomes successful, I'll congratulate him, it's not happened yet though, will keep looking back here to see what happens
Old 19-11-2010, 02:24 PM #38

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Quote:
Who's Catherine? Do you mean Kate?
Ben talked about his association with William in the house, he said he used to nod at him sometimes while passing!
Not sure why people would be jealous of that
Are you being deliberately thick or just plain facetious? William and CATHERINE are getting married -that is the name on her birth certificate and will be on her marriage certificate.

Clearly you ARE jealous of the fact that Ben attended St Andrews the same time as William, since you made a point of coming on to this thread to have some sly digs at Ben. The thread is clearly about BEN not the thick, boring pikey and her even thicker aussie sidekick, no doubt still trying to drum up some interest in their PAs in seedy little pubs and clubs.

5 Kings: 1 throne

Last edited by Angus; 19-11-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 02:31 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Teller View Post
:

(I respect Jo Goode as someone who has been in the media for many years. She's clever, thoughtful, mature and respected. If her opinion is that about Ben and she works outside the fans; forums and little BB world view - then so be it. She is not a PR agent or a mag selling stories so I take her opinion as fair and responsible).
She is a good chat show style broadcaster - very relaxed and on the ball - I love the way the conversations meander onto all kinds of diverse subjects. She and Ben are an excellent double act - they bounce off each other so well, in a Phil & Fern kind of way (but a tad less of the low brow). A good media "husband and wife" are a rare thing - look at the lack of chemistry with some of the TV show double acts that are rammed down our throats these days. Adrian & Christine's chemistry didn't transfer from the One Show to the utterley appalling Daybreak. And Jason Manford...errr, less said about him the better at the moment !

I'm glad that Ben's connection and regular appearances on the show have introduced me to Jo Goode - I probably wouldn't have found her programme otherwise, I've been away from London so long I lost the habit of following the radio shows.

That's the beauty of the internet though isn't it ? We can listen to pretty much anything from anywhere. Such choice !

Last edited by babycakes; 19-11-2010 at 02:33 PM.
babycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 02:35 PM #40

Quote:
Six months - Crikey You are being overly generous in your speculation today
babycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 02:51 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes View Post
Six months - Crikey You are being overly generous in your speculation today
I was being kind

Old 19-11-2010, 02:56 PM #42
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Whilst the Royal engagement is a source of something good for the Country in my opinion, I might get fed up with hearing too much about it in time. However that aside. Ben commenting on Prince William and Kate's engagement is not something off the back of BB, he was asked to do so by a respected news company, to give his views, so they must have been interested to know what Mr Ben Duncan had to say on the engagement

Ben has been sought after for radio and TV, not because of BB, but because he is a natural for it, he gets noticed, he has that something that TV and radio producers want to hear, he has a relaxed and good speaking voice, is intelligent and knows the subject of what he is asked to comment on. That is where Ben's success lies, and why he 'will' do well.

Josie, JJ1, Mario, et el live off the back of their BB success of the win and the final, and in the case of JJ1 hanging onto Josie's coattails for all he's worth. The perfumes, songs, doing fan touring, turning on of Christmas lights, and fitness dvds and the mag deals, are all the success they have at the moment, apart from a few charity stints which to my cynical eyes as good as what they do there is, it is good PR to keep the interest going. They didn't do much before BB after all, so I suppose they need to hang onto what they can whilst they can now, but it will fade.

Yes, Ben has done some asides, he has his own skin products due to be on the market soon hopefully, but there again I believe he was appraoched with a view to them, he has also and he will get approached for other stuff also of which some he may choose to do. But he doesn't use them to stay in the public profile or feed off BB. Ben was already in media before BB and is climbing the media ladder slowly but surely more successfully now

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 19-11-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 03:07 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Suze, I love your Ben banner! He looks so cute on all of the pictures!
Old 19-11-2010, 03:12 PM #44
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka Drinka View Post
Suze, I love your Ben banner! He looks so cute on all of the pictures!

I can make you a Ben Banner if you like. Not sure when though, probably next week

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2010, 03:25 PM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I can make you a Ben Banner if you like. Not sure when though, probably next week
Ooooh yes please! I'd love that!!
Old 19-11-2010, 11:58 PM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Are you being deliberately thick or just plain facetious? William and CATHERINE are getting married -that is the name on her birth certificate and will be on her marriage certificate.

Clearly you ARE jealous of the fact that Ben attended St Andrews the same time as William, since you made a point of coming on to this thread to have some sly digs at Ben. The thread is clearly about BEN not the thick, boring pikey and her even thicker aussie sidekick, no doubt still trying to drum up some interest in their PAs in seedy little pubs and clubs.
I'm not that interested in the royals to know what name was on her birth certificate, but I know the whole world calls her kate, she calls herself kate, her friends and family call her kate so to call her Catherine is just being pretentious.
I'm not jealous of Ben, why should I be? I could think of many things that might make me slightly envious of someone but nodding to prince william and then being asked 10 years later for a quote about his marriage isn't enough motive for me
Old 20-11-2010, 10:34 AM #47
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
I'm not that interested in the royals to know what name was on her birth certificate, but I know the whole world calls her kate, she calls herself kate, her friends and family call her kate so to call her Catherine is just being pretentious.
I'm not jealous of Ben, why should I be? I could think of many things that might make me slightly envious of someone but nodding to prince william and then being asked 10 years later for a quote about his marriage isn't enough motive for me
Catherine is not a royal. YET!!It says much that you think that calling a person by their birth name is 'pretentious'. Given that the wording used was in fact, "William and Catherine', that was a huge step for a hint, together with the title of the thread, and the other posts that were put up before you enterd the thread, so no need to be facetious as has already been pointed out.

If this was about Lady Di as she was fondly known pre-marriage, I'd sure if someone referred to Lady Diana - you'd instantly know Diana was in fact 'Di'. You knew exactly who 'Catherine' was, so let's quit with the bullsh£t - all you were doing was being awkward for the sheer hell of it.

It's great that Ben was asked for comments on the Royal engagment. Why? Because whether you like it or not Lauarc, Ben did have connection to William at St. Andrews. It's regrettable that you cannot accept that with good grace, seeing as is indeed fact, and not ideological whimsical thoughts being banded around.

That is why Ben was asked for comment. Not because Ben was on Big Brother, but because Ben was in fact there at the time William and Catherine began romancing. Try to belittle that nugget of factual information all you like, but you can't mess with history and you can't mess with the truth.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 20-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 10:53 AM #48

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Catherine is not a royal. YET!!It says much that you think that calling a person by their birth name is 'pretentious'. Given that the wording used was in fact, "William and Catherine', that was a huge step for a hint, together with the title of the thread, and the other posts that were put up before you enterd the thread, so no need to be facetious as has already been pointed out.

If this was about Lady Di as she was fondly known pre-marriage, I'd sure if someone referred to Lady Diana - you'd instantly know Diana was in fact 'Di'. You knew exactly who 'Catherine' was, so let's quit with the bullsh£t - all you were doing was being awkward for the sheer hell of it.

It's great that Ben was asked for comments on the Royal engagment. Why? Because whether you like it or not Lauarc, Ben did have connection to William at St. Andrews. It's regrettable that you cannot accept that with good grace, seeing as is indeed fact, and not ideological whimsical thoughts being banded around.

That is why Ben was asked for comment. Not because Ben was on Big Brother, but because Ben was in fact there at the time William and Catherine began romancing. Try to belittle that nugget of factual information all you like, but you can't mess with history and you can't mess with the truth.
Well said Mids, its just sheer jealousy.....otherwise no comment would be needed. The facts speak for themselves.....as you said history cannot be changed, Ben did have a connection with William and Catherine ( or Kate as she was then known) and that is fact, also fact that a well known news broadcaster thought well enough to ask Ben to comment.....not once either but lots of airtime for Ben.:elep hant:

Thats the rub really for Mario and his supporters, high profile TV as opposed to twitcam.
pices is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:07 AM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post

he nodded at him once or twice, it would be like asking my aunty for a quote on how she feels about the death of diana because she shook her hand once.
Kate is Kate not Catherine so it is pretentious to call her Catherine when noone else does. And when william was at univercity ben said he was dating someone else, ben commented on that, try them nuggets!

Last edited by lauraC; 20-11-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:17 AM #50
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Question

Quote:
he nodded at him once or twice, it would be like asking my aunty for a quote on how she feels about the death of diana because she shook her hand once.
Kate is Kate not Catherine so it is pretentious to call her Catherine when noone else does. And when Ben was at univercity he was dating someone else, ben commented on that, try them nuggets!

It makes no difference what you say Laurac. Ben WAS there when it happened - that is why he was asked to comment. Hard to swallow I know, but life can be a bitch that way eh!

Why does it mean so much to you that you have to try to proclaim otherwise. You spend so much time and effort on trying (note: trying) to pour cold water on anything that Ben is involved in. Ben was asked to comment because he was there. End of.

As for your continued prentious comments, the only person being so, is you. So anyone calling William,'William' is also pretentious. Aye, right then.!!
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ben, kate