Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 20-11-2010, 11:19 AM #51

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraC View Post
he nodded at him once or twice, it would be like asking my aunty for a quote on how she feels about the death of diana because she shook her hand once.
Kate is Kate not Catherine so it is pretentious to call her Catherine when noone else does. And when Ben was at univercity he was dating someone else, ben commented on that, try them nuggets!
Whatever interaction Ben had with the happy couple at university, .....does not change the fact that ITV invited him on and gave him the opportunity to make lots of comments.
Catherine is Catherine, not Kate. Its her given name and the one on her birth certificate, its also the name she will have for any royal honours bestowed upon her after marriage.
Its not pretentious in the slightest to use your birth name in any context......especially for official announcements....and many people will always prefer to call her my her given name and not the shortened version.
My MIL for instance would never ever shorten her childrens name and would get quite cross when other people did.Did that make her pretentious.??
pices is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:22 AM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
It makes no difference what you say Laurac. Ben WAS there when it happened - that is why he was asked to comment. Hard to swallow I know, but life can be a bitch that way eh!

Why does it mean so much to you that you have to try to proclaim otherwise. You spend so much time and effort on trying (note: trying) to pour cold water on anything that Ben is involved in. Ben was asked to comment because he was there. End of.

As for your continued prentious comments, the only person being so, is you. So anyone calling William,'William' is also pretentious. Aye, right then.!!
There is nothing to swallow it's a none story, that's the point and I haven't commented on ben, my comments before were that that radio presenter was delusional and some of ben's fans are too, ben isn't saying he's better or has done better than the other housemates so I'm not having a go at ben
lauraC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:24 AM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pices View Post
Whatever interaction Ben had with the happy couple at university, .....does not change the fact that ITV invited him on and gave him the opportunity to make lots of comments.
Catherine is Catherine, not Kate. Its her given name and the one on her birth certificate, its also the name she will have for any royal honours bestowed upon her after marriage.
Its not pretentious in the slightest to use your birth name in any context......especially for official announcements....and many people will always prefer to call her my her given name and not the shortened version.
My MIL for instance would never ever shorten her childrens name and would get quite cross when other people did.Did that make her pretentious.??
it would be pretentious if she and all her friends and family reffered to her by her chosen name but others thought that was too common and so gave her another name altogether.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:28 AM #54
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
It is an example of good etiquette and good manners. I'd have thought that was pretty basic knowledge.

I suppose that when the Wedding Invites go out, they will say, "Wills and Kate". Charlie boy as Dad and Auld Lizzy the Queen getting a mention too! Heaven forbid their full name should be used
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:28 AM #55

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There is nothing to swallow it's a none story, that's the point and I haven't commented on ben, my comments before were that that radio presenter was delusional and some of ben's fans are too, ben isn't saying he's better or has done better than the other housemates so I'm not having a go at ben
How is it a non story exactly? Are William and Catherine getting married......yes
Did they meet and St Andrews......yes Was Ben there at the time.......Yes, did ITV ask him to comment.......yes.
As a supporter of Ben I am not dilusional, Jo Goode loves Ben and she is not dilusional, I really think that its you in this instance that is dilusional, never mind though.....Mario will very soon be a distant memory.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:29 AM #56

Quote:
How is it a non story exactly? Are William and Catherine getting married......yes
Did they meet and St Andrews......yes Was Ben there at the time.......Yes, did ITV ask him to comment.......yes.
As a supporter of Ben I am not dilusional, Jo Goode loves Ben and she is not dilusional, I really think that its you in this instance that is dilusional, never mind though.....Mario will very soon be a distant memory.
no
Old 20-11-2010, 11:30 AM #57
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
So you have come onto a thread about Ben, and by your self admission above, have not commented on Ben.

So......what exactly was your point - apart from insulting Ben supporters.?
Old 20-11-2010, 11:31 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
it would be pretentious if she and all her friends and family reffered to her by her chosen name but others thought that was too common and so gave her another name altogether.
You have lost me, her given real name is Catherine, some people call her Kate for short, she has not been given another name....just the one she was born with.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:36 AM #59

Quote:
So you have come onto a thread about Ben, and by your self admission above, have not commented on Ben.

So......what exactly was your point - apart from insulting Ben supporters.?
It's a discussion forum about big brother, If I wanted to post negative comments about ben I could but I didn't I posted that that radio presenter who claimed that ben was the only one after bb that anyone remembered was wrong, I guess if you stopped random people in the street and asked who they remembered from big brother they would say john james and josie because they have had the most news mag coverage after bb.
I also commented that Ben said in the house he had never spoken to william just nodded to him in passing, there is nothing wrong with ben making comments about the wedding or any random person but he doesn't really have an insight into their relashionship because he nodded to him once or twice
Old 20-11-2010, 11:37 AM #60

Quote:
Utter nonsense. Most of the population have a given name at birth that is shortened as an affectionate or more casual address.

Susan/Sue, Michael/Mike, David/Dave, Charles/Charlie....I could go on offering perfectly acceptable non pretentious examples for hours if I didn't have better things to do than argue a non issue.

I have a full given name which I use at work, but my friends shorten it. Same as my son, his birthname is neither pretentious or particularly formal and he goes by birth name and an abbreviated version in social circumstances. I specifically chose that name so it would work in all elements of life.

Pretentious ? Poppycock. Normal as bread and butter.
babycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:40 AM #61
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
It's a discussion forum about big brother, If I wanted to post negative comments about ben I could but I didn't I posted that that radio presenter who claimed that ben was the only one after bb that anyone remembered was wrong, I guess if you stopped random people in the street and asked who they remembered from big brother they would say john james and josie because they have had the most news mag coverage after bb.
I also commented that Ben said in the house he had never spoken to william just nodded to him in passing, there is nothing wrong with ben making comments about the wedding or any random person but he doesn't really have an insight into their relashionship because he nodded to him once or twice
...and you comment on Ben fan being delusional?

You have actively come on this thread to be confrontational.... as shown by your very early post,"who is Kate".
Old 20-11-2010, 11:41 AM #62
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
...and your comment on Ben fans being delusional?

You have actively come on this thread to be confrontational.... as shown by your very early post,"who is Kate".
Old 20-11-2010, 11:41 AM #63
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
...and your comment on Ben fan being delusional?

Old 20-11-2010, 11:41 AM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It is an example of good etiquette and good manners. I'd have thought that was pretty basic knowledge.

I suppose that when the Wedding Invites go out, they will say, "Wills and Kate". Charlie boy as Dad and Auld Lizzy the Queen getting a mention too! Heaven forbid their full name should be used
Thought I would just do a sample for fun............

Her Royal highnesses Queen Lizzie and Prince Phil
Cordially invite Dazzer and plus one

To the Marriage Of the eldest Son( Wills).. of the Prince of Wales ( Chas & Di)
to the eldest daughter (Kate) of Mr and Mrs Middleton ( nicknames unknown)
Dont forget to bring a bottle for the piss up afterwards and a lovely big prezzie LOL

Hugs and kisses

Liz xx
Old 20-11-2010, 11:45 AM #65

Quote:

I agreed with you the first time
babycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:47 AM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes View Post
I agreed with you the first time
Yes but it was so good Mids needed to say it thriceAnd some people anyhow just dont get it easily.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:48 AM #67

Quote:

she is delusional, she must embarrass ben by saying stuff like that if he suspects other bb friends might be listening .
Old 20-11-2010, 11:49 AM #68
Banned

Banned

Play nicely people or I'll close the thread. Also only report members if they are breaking the rules, No more reporting people just because you don't agree with their opinion.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 11:50 AM #69
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Thought I would just do a sample for fun............

Her Royal highnesses Queen Lizzie and Prince Phil
Cordially invite Dazzer and plus one

To the Marriage Of the eldest Son( Wills).. of the Prince of Wales ( Chas & Di)
to the eldest daughter (Kate) of Mr and Mrs Middleton ( nicknames unknown)
Dont forget to bring a bottle for the piss up afterwards and a lovely big prezzie LOL

Hugs and kisses

Liz xx
Door to manual..... that was a reference to 'kate's' Mother... as she was jokingly referred to by Wills' mates - given her past career as an air stewardess I believe!

Anyhooo

Wouldn't it be hysterical if Ben awoke one morning to find a Royal Wedding Invite on his mat! Now that would be funny as hell.

I still think it is lovely that Ben was educated in the very same discerning Scottish University as our future King and Queen to be.

Even better that the media sought Benout to ask for his comments, rather than some random passerby - who wasn't even there at the time.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:53 AM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Play nicely people or I'll close the thread. Also only report members if they are breaking the rules, No more reporting people just because you don't agree with their opinion.
Thanks Dezzy, we are trying, honestly....Its cerainly not me pressing report....of course you would know sorry.
Please dont close the thread, cant you just take out any offending posts,thanks.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:57 AM #71
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
she is delusional, she must embarrass ben by saying stuff like that if he suspects other bb friends might be listening .

Dezzy. I'd have thought that a Moderator would consider the above post to be a clear and direct insult to another forum member. Seems a bit very one sided. LauraC is allowed to do this.

Will wait for thread to be closed as it happens often after this LauraC posts on any thread.
Old 20-11-2010, 12:02 PM #72

Quote:
Dezzy. I'd have thought that a Moderator would consider the above post to be a clear and direct insult to another forum member. Seems a bit very one sided. LauraC is allowed to do this.

Will wait for thread to be closed as it happens often after this LauraC posts on any thread.
wrong unless the radio presenter is a member here and how would I know? If she is a public commentator on a national radio station i imagine she is also open to comments like any other bb housemate would be

Last edited by lauraC; 20-11-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 20-11-2010, 12:31 PM #73
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
wrong unless the radio presenter is a member here and how would I know? If she is a public commentator on a national radio station i imagine she is also open to comments like any other bb housemate would be
Excellent example of deflection. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a radio presenter you were nipping at. But we both know that.

One thing is for sure: I know who won't get an invite to the Royal Wedding for her warbling on twitter - Mario's chubby blonde haired girly pal. (You'd have to have seen the twitcam last wkend to understand)

Wonders who will get an invite to the Royal Wedding!

Still thinks it was quite something that Benjamin Duncan was sought out for his opinion, for his comments, having been educated at the same place that William and Catherine found that they had a lifelong bond.

Royal Weddings, you have to love them!
Old 20-11-2010, 12:47 PM #74

Quote:
Excellent example of deflection. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a radio presenter you were nipping at. But we both know that.

One thing is for sure: I know who won't get an invite to the Royal Wedding for her warbling on twitter - Mario's chubby blonde haired girly pal. (You'd have to have seen the twitcam last wkend to understand)

Wonders who will get an invite to the Royal Wedding!

Still thinks it was quite something that Benjamin Duncan was sought out for his opinion, for his comments, having been educated at the same place that William and Catherine found that they had a lifelong bond.

Royal Weddings, you have to love them!
I'm confused at how you could think the comment was aimed at anyone other than the radio presenter as i was talking about the comments she made on the radio ?
I didn't see Mario's friend, I don't really get what you mean, she seems a nice girl to me but I didn't think she had any royal connections like ben and the rest of the bb housemates unless you know different?

Ah ok I get it, you think because I'm laura C you think I'm Mario's friend laura and you think you are insulting me by calling her chubby? No sorry you have the wrong person

Last edited by lauraC; 20-11-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 20-11-2010, 12:56 PM #75
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Door to manual..... that was a reference to 'kate's' Mother... as she was jokingly referred to by Wills' mates - given her past career as an air stewardess I believe!

Anyhooo

Wouldn't it be hysterical if Ben awoke one morning to find a Royal Wedding Invite on his mat! Now that would be funny as hell.

I still think it is lovely that Ben was educated in the very same discerning Scottish University as our future King and Queen to be.

Even better that the media sought Benout to ask for his comments, rather than some random passerby - who wasn't even there at the time.
Wouldn't that be just great

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ben, kate