Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 26-07-2006, 02:34 PM #51

Quote:
Originally posted by toya
Quote:
Originally posted by Lou
Hi Chick,

I think it may be at least partly to do with the fact that due to recent events that have gone on on there, people are no longer sure that it is actually Michelle herself and not her PR that are posting responses to the questions being asked in the Ask Michelle section.

Lou

Long-time lurker, but first time poster, hope that’s not counted against me…

1: I think it goes back further than that. Those questions answered for the old MBi site for a start. I don’t believe that Michelle answered those and became even more convinced that she didn’t when it came to light that her grandma died @ the time Michelle’s supposedly answered them.

2: ‘Michelle’ chose to post on the Nuts board, before posting on her own official forum. Again, I don’t think that was her and attempts by a member of MBO (and it’s not me) to find out why, have been greeted with two deletions and the third attempt elicited a rude and sarcastic reply from the PR which only added to the whole “it’s not Michelle answering these questions anywhere on the net” situation.

3: The whole ‘MySpace’ thing annoyed people too.

4: Stuart’s not allowed to be mentioned on MBO and they can’t even keep their stories straight about whether the pair of them speak to each other these days. PR say they don’t, Michelle says they do (see this week’s New magazine).
Yes, it’s Michelle’s official site, about her, for her, for her fans etc, but would Michelle really have had the impact she did and still be around two years later without Stu? I know that’s a completely different argument, but the fact is that they got together on BB and were a couple for a year or so afterwards and I personally object to him being written out of her history in the manner in which he is. Over half the TV programmes she did after BB were because she was part of a couple. She expressed a wish to do glamour modelling on BB, but didn’t do it for a year. Why? Because she was earning money via the ‘couple route’. I know that’s badly phrased, so please don’t take offence.

5: The other boy friend and his shenanigans on a couple of Michelle/Stu fansites and that laughable ‘press release’.

6: This film that Michelle’s got a bit part in: If it’s all “hush-hush”, then why’s the PR posting about it on IMDB one minute and telling the MBO members that they’re not ALLOWED to have any information about it?
Why’s it ok for another glamour girl who was filming at the same time as Michelle, to post about it on Nuts, complete with photo, but MBO members were still being told that they couldn’t have any details of it?

Michelle’s fans aren’t stupid and I really don’t understand why her PR persist in treating her fans/members of that forum with such contempt. It’s her fans that buy the magazines and newspapers that she’s in, and therefore enable her to pay their (the PR’s) fees. Michelle might be a glamour model now, and she may no longer wish to have anything to do with her fans from her time in BB, but there are better ways to get people to ‘move on’ than the way it’s currently being handled, especially as any ‘new’ fans will take one look at the way people are spoken to on that forum and not bother going back.

Who loses? Michelle does, and I can’t believe that either her or her PR can’t see that.

Johnny Depp, a far bigger ‘star’ than Michelle is, has said publically that he sees his fans as his ‘employers’. He knows that he wouldn’t be in the position he is without the support of his fans, who stick their hands in their pockets on a regular basis for cinema tickets, DVDs, magazines etc. Whatever he (or his PR) thinks of his fans ‘privately’ he keeps just that – private.

‘Biting the hand that feeds’ is the wrong route for any celebrity to go down, but that appears to be exactly what’s happening on MBO.

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I hope it’s readable.

First time poster or not Toya, I totally admire you for speaking your mind. Well done.

There is one person that I feel sorry for in all this and that is Michelle, because she is the one that will suffer in the end. It is a great thing to have loyal fans who have supported you from the very beginning and it would be a great pity if she lost that support through the fault of her PR/Admin because of the way they have handled things on MBO.
Philip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 05:44 PM #52

I agree with you Philip. Thank you Toya and well done for actually coming out and saying what I'm sure the majority of us, certainly on Wilson-Bass, are thinking.

MBO is certainly going downhill rapidly and even Michelle, god love her, doesn't appear to show any degree of interest in it. As all our members will know, around 2˝ weeks ago Jackie, Joyce and I took the decision not to contribute to MBO for the time being. We deliberated over that decision as we did not want Michelle to think we no longer supported her but we can do that via our own forum and of course there is a popular BB5 section on TIBB and the dedicated site MichnStu as well so we're not short of places to discuss her. We felt that there had been a number of issues, including the myspace fiasco, which had caused upset amongst Michelle's fans and I know many had begun to question their support and loyalty and were divided as to whether Michelle was the same girl they supported two years ago or whether her professional and personal reputations were being tarnished by those close to her. On behalf of Jackie and Joyce I would stress here publicly this was our decision and we have never tried to influence anyone else, we just felt as administrators it was the right thing to do. I know MichnStu also pulled out from MBO for their own reasons.

In the two years that I have personally supported Michelle and Stuart, whether together or apart, I have never known unrest on the forums until MBO started. There has been a lot of anxiousness waiting for news and we have had to learn to be patient. Michelle's fanbase covers fans of all ages from teenagers to those having their midlife crises (me included ) and sadly I don't think the people that run MBO really understand how to deal with such a diverse group of people and call me old fashioned but manners don't actually cost anything!!!

Lynne x
lindyloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 05:55 PM #53

Excellent posts Lynne and Toya.

I agree with you both.
gothgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 08:12 PM #54

Great posts guys, I agree with what you've all said entirely .

Toya, great first post I must say.

I think you're right in saying that it goes back a lot further, with the Myspace issue and the disgraceful way in which UL persistently treat Michelle's loyal fans being the final straw for a lot of people I think.

It may be the case that her PR wish to shake off some of the 'original' fans who may not fit Michelle's current market but at this rate they will alienate everyone and soon nobody will be posting on there at all I feel. Anyway it is her original fans that have bought every magazine that Michelle has been in for the last 2 years and have supported her throughout and subsequently helped sustain the current level of interest in her.

If people were doubting whether it was actually Michelle posting then the Myspace episode would have really proved it for them. Also, have a look on MBO on the the 'Ask Michelle' section on Friday 30th June when 'Michelle' last answered questions & you'll see that her PR posted on there, locking a particular thread, 2 minutes before 'Michelle' answered the first question. Coincidence? I think not, especially as UL later posted saying that Michelle had been working until midnight that night!. You're definately right about them being unable to get their stories straight!.

I won't even go into the joke that was the press release at the beginning of the year and the subsequent posting from the 'boyfriend' on certain fan forums that followed. All I can say is that her PR people really don't seem to credit her fans with much intelligence do they!

I do feel very sorry for Michelle at the moment though as the people whose hands she has put her career in seem to be letting her down very badly , which is not reflecting on her very well and doing her absolutely no favours at all.
Lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 08:51 PM #55

Great posts guys and spot on, I hope someone close to Michelle sees these. I feel sorry for Michelle in all of this, what UL didn't count on was the support that Michelle and Stuart have from other forums. Well done.
Jillian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 09:03 PM #56

I totally agree with all thats been said and well done Toya and what a first post keep them coming you have said what most of us were and are thinking and its like a fresh breeze to hear it out loud! hears hoping that someone close to Michelle is listening and things get sorted before she and her career pay the price!!
treacle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 09:10 PM #57

Thanks for not biting my head off!

Lou, Philip and Lindyloo – couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said.

Regarding the boy friend (Neil, wasn’t it?), I did have to laugh at the New interview when Michelle says that she ‘dated’ Lee Otway. Good grief. Have her standards dropped that low? I guess it’s no coincidence that Otway is also represented by UL (and also happens to have a double-page spread in the same magazine). I’m pretty sure that I recall a ‘denial’ about that too at the time.

Back to the boy friend though. If the picture that New have used is supposed to illustrate Michelle and Otway on a ‘date’, then I can only assume that Michelle was ‘dating’ Otway at the same time she was seeing Neil (blog from 19th June states that she and Neil had split ‘recently’, that picture is from much earlier in the year) .

Also the Jamie Foxx mention. The guy was in the country for something ridiculous like 48 hours, and if you believe half of what you read in the papers and on various net sites, then ALL the glamour girls in London ‘caught his eye’, including the atrocious Jodie Marsh. That’s all I’m saying about that, because otherwise I could get myself into serious trouble.

Christian Slater? Again, how many women were reported to have ‘caught his eye’ at the opening of ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’? If I remember correctly, one of the Sunday tabloids even ran a kiss and tell a couple of weeks after that with another woman, who’d met him on that opening night. I do recall seeing many posts from the MBO admin on other forums, banging on about how she’d met CS and how wonderful he was – yawn.

As much as I’ve supported Michelle over the past couple of years, and how much I wish to continue supporting her in her future plans, I’ve spent the past 6 months or so, wondering who exactly is benefiting from all this, and I really don’t think it’s Michelle or her old or new fans. UL are doing pretty well off of her back, and so, I believe is the former boy friend.

I’m old enough and ugly enough to realise that PR is all about presenting an image and sometimes bending the truth a bit, but all of this carrying on since January has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I don’t appreciate being treated like an idiot, particularly by somebody who’s wages I am, in effect, paying.

Like you Gill, I hope somebody close to Michelle does read what’s being said, (and by ‘close’ I mean somebody who’s not earning money from their involvement with her) and has a chat with her. If Michelle’s aware of what’s going on and is happy about it, then I’m afraid that means I will no longer be prepared to support her.
toya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 09:33 PM #58

Quote:
Originally posted by toya
Thanks for not biting my head off!

Lou, Philip and Lindyloo – couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said.

Regarding the boy friend (Neil, wasn’t it?), I did have to laugh at the New interview when Michelle says that she ‘dated’ Lee Otway. Good grief. Have her standards dropped that low? I guess it’s no coincidence that Otway is also represented by UL (and also happens to have a double-page spread in the same magazine). I’m pretty sure that I recall a ‘denial’ about that too at the time.

Back to the boy friend though. If the picture that New have used is supposed to illustrate Michelle and Otway on a ‘date’, then I can only assume that Michelle was ‘dating’ Otway at the same time she was seeing Neil (blog from 19th June states that she and Neil had split ‘recently’, that picture is from much earlier in the year) .

Also the Jamie Foxx mention. The guy was in the country for something ridiculous like 48 hours, and if you believe half of what you read in the papers and on various net sites, then ALL the glamour girls in London ‘caught his eye’, including the atrocious Jodie Marsh. That’s all I’m saying about that, because otherwise I could get myself into serious trouble.

Christian Slater? Again, how many women were reported to have ‘caught his eye’ at the opening of ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’? If I remember correctly, one of the Sunday tabloids even ran a kiss and tell a couple of weeks after that with another woman, who’d met him on that opening night. I do recall seeing many posts from the MBO admin on other forums, banging on about how she’d met CS and how wonderful he was – yawn.

As much as I’ve supported Michelle over the past couple of years, and how much I wish to continue supporting her in her future plans, I’ve spent the past 6 months or so, wondering who exactly is benefiting from all this, and I really don’t think it’s Michelle or her old or new fans. UL are doing pretty well off of her back, and so, I believe is the former boy friend.

I’m old enough and ugly enough to realise that PR is all about presenting an image and sometimes bending the truth a bit, but all of this carrying on since January has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I don’t appreciate being treated like an idiot, particularly by somebody who’s wages I am, in effect, paying.

Like you Gill, I hope somebody close to Michelle does read what’s being said, (and by ‘close’ I mean somebody who’s not earning money from their involvement with her) and has a chat with her. If Michelle’s aware of what’s going on and is happy about it, then I’m afraid that means I will no longer be prepared to support her.

Thank you again Toya and I would like to add, that I do find it very strange that Michelle didn't seem to mind being photographed with Lee Ottway, but there has never been a public photograph of her and Neil together. I don't mean pictures posted on this website I mean in a magazine or newspaper and I am dismissing the "set up" photograph in the Daily Sport in Tenerife.

I have also noticed that Neil doesn't seem at all upset about his "break up" from michelle, he seems perfectly happy on his myspace site.

Thank you again Toya.
Philip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 09:51 PM #59

Oh yes the Tenerife pictures I had almost forgotten about those, thanks for reminding me Philip. Very natural weren't they and not at all posed!
Lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 10:07 PM #60

OH WOW people FANtastic what great post's
thank you for answering so clearly
didn't Michelle go to the CS play with Lee Ottway
Craig and Emma from UL PR that night
and wasn't that the night that she was surposed
to have caught the eye of CS super star.
chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-07-2006, 10:10 PM #61

They were the most horrid Pic
Who would want their G/F
to pose like that in the sport
only someone who didn't care .?
Old 26-07-2006, 10:35 PM #62

Wel done guys great posts from you all and a brilliant first post from you Toya I hope to see many more of them.
Joyce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:25 PM #63

Anyone seen Michelle on TVX yet I have
she looks and sounds so good .
her stip looks like it is going to be good
although i wont be subscribing to TVX
to see the rest of it .
If anyone does get to see it let us
know what she was like THANKS .
Old 01-08-2006, 11:27 PM #64

I read this thread a few days ago but thought I would think what I was going to say before I posted (sorry I am a overthinker) anyway I found some comments rather interesting and did indeed give me food for thought there has been some funny activities surrounding Michelle of late yes but I don't wish to really go on about this now I have only really chosen to express my feelings on these activities to a select few as well that is just my decision but it is good that people feel so free to express these opinions on a forum hey I guess that is what it is here for right? Anyway the main point I wish to state is I find it extroadinary that people are tending to lay alot of the blame on Michelle's representation I myself am finding this a tad unfair (and I am not just saying this as I am a mod on her site) Michelle has always struck me as a strong willed girl who knows her own mind and would never indeed be led in any direction that she HERSELF did not wish to follow.

Someone has posted due to these activities they felt Michelle had changed and they maybe were not able to support her if this were indeed the case well I have to say to that poster I know exactly where you are coming from in that respect there has been things happening that have made those exact thoughts enter my mind as well, then thinking about I realised that it is not entirely surprising if she has as she is in an environment of change, she has been through alot these past two years since leaving the BB house so why wouldn't she off.

We may all want her to be the same girl she was in BB but I myself thinking logically have realised that this indeed is an unrealistic analygy to have of someone as life experiences in themselves are basis alone of a personality change and like I said she has been through alot since her BB days so change was enevitable.
Bubs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:39 PM #65

I don't think she has changed that much Bubs
she has got older and more polished
but i think she is still the same person under all that .
she is still very beautiful inside and out .IMO
Old 02-08-2006, 12:45 AM #66

I never said she was a bad person chick just that to me anyway she doesn't appear to be the same Michelle from two years ago but hey I don't know her personally obviously so this is just my opinon and you are entitled to yours as well.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:01 AM #67

I don’t know whether you were referring to my posts, Sarah, but I’m going to reply to yours anyway.

I don’t believe I said that Michelle had ‘changed’. I most certainly didn’t say or imply that she had become a ‘bad person’. What I did say is that I am unhappy at the way her PR are behaving and their attitude towards those fans of hers that have welcomed them onto fansites, their attitude towards those who are members of MBO and that I would be extremely annoyed if it came to light that Michelle, herself, was aware that her fans are being belittled and treated as if they were stupid and that she didn’t have a polite word with her PR about it. Their current attitude reflects badly on Michelle in my extremely humble opinion. PR is about presenting the ‘right’ image at the end of the day.

I don’t know whether UL are being inundated with ridiculous demands “offsite”, all I can work with is what I see and read ‘publically’. I don’t necessarily agree with the tone that some of the members of MBO have taken with UL, but that doesn’t warrant the tone with which UL reply, or how they talk to fans in general; the ‘demanding’ of scans and then getting arsey when people where reticent about contributing their personal photos of Michelle for use on MBO. Telling MBO members that they couldn’t have information about “I Want Candy”, but openly posting information about that film on other boards. Do they honestly think that Michelle’s fans turn their pc’s on and sit on MBO all day and not look at other sites?

The bottom line is that it was made perfectly clear from the beginning to Michelle’s fans that they were all ‘less of a fan’ because they weren’t inundating UL with article scans, photos for use on MBO. The ‘success’ of that site was dependent on Michelle’s fans doing UL’s work for them. No problem with that, but in my opinion, UL took the wrong approach from the beginning. Being ‘nice’ to somebody (even if you don’t mean it) invariably gets you what you want. Being rude, stamping your feet and pouting, doesn’t. The ‘success’ of MBO should actually be down to up-to-date information being available about Michelle’s work (not her personal life) and the whole site, forum included, looking polished and professional. Not a bitching ground, not members being afraid that they’ll be ridiculed if they post, and not doubts over whether it’s actually Michelle answering questions or not. Other glamour models, celebrities, actors can manage it, so what’s the problem with MBO?

Regarding Michelle ‘changing’. I don’t know whether I’d use that word to be honest. ‘Evolving’ is a better term I feel. We should never expect anybody to stay the same throughout their lives. We all evolve, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. I’ve known 10 year olds with more maturity and life experience than some of the 60 year olds I’ve met. Michelle’s got every right to evolve or ‘change’, whether that’s her hair colour, her accent, aspects of her personality. We all have. If Michelle wishes to run naked through Newcastle, become a nun, or do hard-core porn, then that’s her choice. I personally wouldn’t be bothered, but that doesn’t mean that other people’s opinions are any less valid or that they can’t voice those opinions without being told that they are ‘less of a fan’. That’s why I’m posting on here. If I posted this on MBO, or even on one of Michelle’s fan-sites – well, I wouldn’t last very long now, would I?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:35 PM #68

Hi Toya
Well you have done it again
Old 03-08-2006, 12:26 AM #69

Hi Toya,

I don't believe I did say you said Michelle had changed in my post or indeed that you stated she was a bad person as you didn't I was just stating that as my opinion noone else's although you are right perhaps evolve is a better way of putting it.

I agree with basically what everyone almost I think has said about UL and there sometimes abrupt manner and behaviour but having said that from what I have been told they are a young team and new to this industry and business so although that may not be a excuse it is an understandable explanation as to why they may sometimes be how they are.

I think what I was trying to get across in my post in a not very good way is things I have read and been told is that it seems alot of what has been happening lately surrounding Michelle people seems to automatically blaming UL whereas I believe anyway and let me stress this is just mu opinion that Michelle is far from stupid or naive and she herself must know of these things and must therefore play a part in them.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:04 AM #70

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubs
......... I have read and been told is that it seems alot of what has been happening lately surrounding Michelle people seems to automatically blaming UL whereas I believe anyway and let me stress this is just mu opinion that Michelle is far from stupid or naive and she herself must know of these things and must therefore play a part in them.
Ok. Let's get this straight. In your opinion, Michelle is aware and happy that her fans are being treated as idiots?
Old 03-08-2006, 04:40 PM #71

I never said she was happy about it but yes I believe she is very much aware of everything like I keep saying Michelle is neither daft and stupid or neive!!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:18 PM #72

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubs
I never said she was happy about it but yes I believe she is very much aware of everything like I keep saying Michelle is neither daft and stupid or neive!!
You did say that, in your opinion, “she herself must know of these things and must therefore play a part in them”, which is why I used the term ‘happy’ in response to your post.

You’ve also said that, in your opinion, Michelle “is neither daft and stupid or neive!!” Therefore, that would imply that she is advocating the ‘tone’ UL are taking with her fans and in my opinion, that does indeed make both Michelle and UL incredibly daft, stupid and naďve if they think that people are going to continue to put their hands in their pockets to “support” Michelle.

As you’ve previously stated you are a mod on Michelle’s official site and maybe you are privy to more than the rest of us are. That’s not a criticism of you by the way and I thank you for your honest replies.

All the best.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:32 PM #73

I just want to make one thing clear first and foremost I am a mod on MOB yes but I certainly am not privvy to any information just like all members I know just what is put on the forum that is all.

Another thing is I meant daft and stupid in the sense that people seem to think from what I have gather anyway that Michelle seems to be under some big allusions and all these things so to speak are happening behind her back which I believe not to be the case at all but I say again that is my opinion I do not know anything for certain. I don't believe she is advocating anything either just because someone know's about something does not mean they are happy about it does it? and did it accur to anyone she may not have a choice in the matter either way? and that is also what I meant by "play a part" as well it is just my way of stressing she is in the know so to speak not neccessarily involved with it though although what do I know really this is just gut feeling on my part.

I get the impression you think I think this is right for her supporters to be treated in this way and like I said in my original post I do not wish to really emphasise my feelings on this on a forum that is just my decision anyway.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:10 PM #74

My goodness! I haven't been over here for a while as have been distracted by BB7. Thought I'd have a look & catch up with Michelle's news. I'm shocked & saddened it all looks as if it's gone sour as far as the fans are concerned. I'm someone who isn't a diehard Michelle fan but who thought she was a great housemate & a fun, fiesty girl. I was pleased to see that she'd got a Myspace recently but now I read on here that there's been a problem with it. Could someone fill me in please as I now feel very out of the loop
babushka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:07 PM #75

Okay last one from me, seeing as Michelle’s now posted the following on her site:

“I just thank Craig and Emma for all their hard work. They know I appreciate everything they have done for me. They are friends aswell as agents and I know they always have my best interests at heart which is total refreshing compared to other people who I have worked with.”

http://www.michellebassofficial.com/...opic.php?t=371

Michelle’s statement makes it clear that she approves of the manner in which UL treat her fans, so who am I to argue with that? A nobody of course, just like the majority of fans. I will return to my knitting now, and content myself with the knowledge that karma is a bitch.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
michelle's, official, site