Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

View Poll Results: Who do you reckon'll get to host the 2018 World Cup?
England 5 26.32%
Netherlands/Belgium 1 5.26%
Spain/Portugal 4 21.05%
Australia 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
South Korea 0 0%
Qatar 0 0%
United States 0 0%
Russia 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #51
Chels
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,404
Blog Entries: 3


Default

Roman Abramovich and his billions won it for Russia tbf. Even though I'm Welsh it would have been brilliant to have World Cup football on my doorstep really, would have done wonders for Britain too.
__________________
Chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #52
GiRTh
Iconic Symbolic Historic
 
GiRTh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,459

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami
Strictly 2016: Robert Rinder
X Factor 2016: Honey G


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistletoe-Kiss View Post
It could be as high as positive 5 degrees celsius.. lol
August gets as high as positive 3 sometimes..

Too cold.
I agree. Its daft to play the tournament in such a cold climate. Everyone is saying the England bid was the best but still no World cup.
__________________

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #53
Chels
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,404
Blog Entries: 3


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
What happened at Birmingham yesterday cant have helped either
If you honestly think that had anything to do with it, then..
__________________
Chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #54
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,284
Default

SkyNews has found out the BBC Docu
made them avoid here.


That old boy on that Panorama was walking up to a
Fifa Africa Delegate - the african said "I spit on you."


Great Docu
but wrong time to show it.

Would it had hurt the Bloated BBC to show it next week?

Last edited by arista; 02-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #55
KG.
Senior Member
 
KG.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 2,758


Default

I actually have no problem with it being in Russia, it's the fact that Qatar got 2022 that is the most annoying.
KG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #56
MTVN
All hail the Moyesiah
 
MTVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Country
Posts: 52,053

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB20: Paul Danan
CBB15: Cami Li


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chels View Post
If you honestly think that had anything to do with it, then..
The night before you're due to vote on the which country should host the biggest sporting even in the world, and you see uncontrolled violence and idiocy happening in top-flight football, I dont think it would do much to convince you they should be hosting

You're probably right, it wont have really done much harm, but it might have troubled some of them slightly or something I dont know
MTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #57
GiRTh
Iconic Symbolic Historic
 
GiRTh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,459

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami
Strictly 2016: Robert Rinder
X Factor 2016: Honey G


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
SkyNews has found out the BBC Docu
made them avoid here.

That old boy on that Panorama was walking up to
Fifa Africa - the african said "I spit on you."

Great Docu
but wrong time to show it.
Would it had hurt the Bloated BBC to show it next week?
I disagree. It was an awful documentary that should never have been shown. He kept raking up old news he'd already covered in previous documentaries. He didnt tell us much that he hadnt already covered. It was pointless IMO.

It was Jack Warner who said he was gonna spit on him not the African delegate. Warner is the USA and West Indies delegate and also FIFA vice president.
__________________

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 02-12-2010 at 04:51 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #58
Marc
Senior Member
 
Marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 81,295
Blog Entries: 8

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistletoe-Kiss View Post
Well ill be 39 by the time we get the 2030 world cup.

Nice...
Ugh.. we'll be boring old fats by then! no fun!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #59
Chels
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 14,404
Blog Entries: 3


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
The night before you're due to vote on the which country should host the biggest sporting even in the world, and you see uncontrolled violence and idiocy happening in top-flight football, I dont think it would do much to convince you they should be hosting

You're probably right, it wont have really done much harm, but it might have troubled some of them slightly or something I dont know
Yee fair enough, but Russia is far worse in terms of football hooliganism. They're probably one of the most racist countries on the planet, the scenes you saw watching Brum v Villa last night is absolutely nothing compared to what the Russians get up to on a weekly basis.

Youtube video
Click to view this video on Youtube


I'm suprised they'd hold it in a country full of such violence to be honest, but hey-ho Abramovich bought it for them.
__________________

Last edited by Chels; 02-12-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Chels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #60
MTVN
All hail the Moyesiah
 
MTVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Country
Posts: 52,053

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB20: Paul Danan
CBB15: Cami Li


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chels View Post
Yee fair enough, but Russia is far worse in terms of football hooliganism. They're probably one of the most racist countries on the planet, the scenes you saw watching Brum v Villa last night is absolutely nothing compared to what the Russians get up to on a weekly basis.

Youtube video
Click to view this video on Youtube


I'm suprised they'd hold it in a country full of such violence to be honest, but hey-ho Abramovich bought it for them.
Yeah true, I didnt realise hooliganism was so bad in Russia actually, although I've read about how racist they are there. The Police over there dont have the best reputation either, it will be interesting to see how they deal with any violence
MTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #61
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
I disagree. It was an awful documentary that should never have been shown. He kept raking up old news he'd already covered in previous documentaries. He didnt tell us much that he hadnt already covered. It was pointless IMO.

It was Jack Warner who said he was gonna spit on him not the African delegate. Warner is the USA and West Indies delegate and also FIFA vice president.


Maybe
but Fifa took note of the BBC Attack on them.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #62
IheartBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,206
Default

They're taking it to different parts of the world simply for the sake of taking it to different parts of the world... well, that and for the money! FIFA have lost sight of what is actually important - football.

This is why places like Dubai will be hosting the olympics soon - even though UAE have bad relations with other countries.
IheartBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #63
GiRTh
Iconic Symbolic Historic
 
GiRTh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 30,459

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami
Strictly 2016: Robert Rinder
X Factor 2016: Honey G


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Maybe
but Fifa took note of the BBC Attack on them.
True. FIFa act like they are above everything. They dont think anyone has the right to investigate them. Especially not a nutter like Andrew Jennings.

We're now finding out that England only got two votes and one of them was from the English delegate. WTF. I thought they were certain they had the votes?
__________________

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 02-12-2010 at 05:13 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #64
arista
Senior Member
 
arista's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 121,284
Default

Yes old Jennings
looked like he was ready lay on the road and let then run him over
just to win his case.


I wonder if BBC Question Time , tonight
will talk about the Panaroma Docu attack on Fifa?

Last edited by arista; 02-12-2010 at 05:22 PM.
arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #65
Captain.Remy
Nah
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: France.
Posts: 27,846


Default

I'm so proud of my (half) country to host the event in 2018, we deserved it. I'll definitely go to see it.

Loving it, the 2012 Games in London and the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Amazing decade.
__________________
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #66
King Gizzard
Senior Member
 
King Gizzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 85,675


Default

I scream with excitment in anticipation for World Cups in Russia and Qatar. NOT. Do one Sepp
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #67
alc09
Senior Member
 
alc09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,802
Default

Well, isn't this ****ing brilliant. The World Cup in an eastern european nation.

Let's ignore the fact that the correct infrastructure isn't in place to host such an event, there's a lot of work to be done because the acceptable level of stadia isn't present and the ****ing country is corrupt to the core.

Now, let's look at the fact that it's eastern europe. It's full of 80's-looking idiots who get stabby far, far too often. It's a hell hole and full of criminals. People will die, that's a fact. It's a bigger Israel - It's hell.

That **** Putin didn't even have to show-up, for god sake. Those murdering bastards sent that wee ballroot Arshavin and his ****ing bowl cut to face Prince ****ing William! We had David ****ing Beckham fronting it! I've just seen we even had David Ginola, a Frenchman, cutting about Zurich in an England scarf, for ****'s sake!

It'll be interesting to see how the African countries cope in Russia.
alc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #68
bbfan1991
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!
 
bbfan1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46,706

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha


Default

Gutted but not surprised as FIFA don't like England anyway, the corrupt idiots.

I am so excited for World Cup 2018 in Russia... NOT!, they got enough votes so fair enough.
__________________

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #69
MTVN
All hail the Moyesiah
 
MTVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Country
Posts: 52,053

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB20: Paul Danan
CBB15: Cami Li


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc09 View Post
Well, isn't this ****ing brilliant. The World Cup in an eastern european nation.

Let's ignore the fact that the correct infrastructure isn't in place to host such an event, there's a lot of work to be done because the acceptable level of stadia isn't present and the ****ing country is corrupt to the core.

Now, let's look at the fact that it's eastern europe. It's full of 80's-looking idiots who get stabby far, far too often. It's a hell hole and full of criminals. People will die, that's a fact. It's a bigger Israel - It's hell.

That **** Putin didn't even have to show-up, for god sake. Those murdering bastards sent that wee ballroot Arshavin and his ****ing bowl cut to face Prince ****ing William! We had David ****ing Beckham fronting it! I've just seen we even had David Ginola, a Frenchman, cutting about Zurich in an England scarf, for ****'s sake!

It'll be interesting to see how the African countries cope in Russia.
Well they have time to build the infrastructure, everyone was getting worried about Beijing but that turned out fine

It's a World Cup so I dont see how you can complain about the geographical location. There's a lot of crime but you could say the same for South Africa and Brazil, those two countries are ridden with it.

Although it is a bit frustrating that Putin wasnt there, he is there now though I believe, or on his way there anyway
MTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #70
James
Senior Member
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 25,864


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc09 View Post
Well, isn't this ****ing brilliant. The World Cup in an eastern european nation.

Let's ignore the fact that the correct infrastructure isn't in place to host such an event, there's a lot of work to be done because the acceptable level of stadia isn't present and the ****ing country is corrupt to the core.

Now, let's look at the fact that it's eastern europe. It's full of 80's-looking idiots who get stabby far, far too often. It's a hell hole and full of criminals. People will die, that's a fact. It's a bigger Israel - It's hell.

That **** Putin didn't even have to show-up, for god sake. Those murdering bastards sent that wee ballroot Arshavin and his ****ing bowl cut to face Prince ****ing William! We had David ****ing Beckham fronting it! I've just seen we even had David Ginola, a Frenchman, cutting about Zurich in an England scarf, for ****'s sake!

It'll be interesting to see how the African countries cope in Russia.
To be honest, there was a lot of scaremongering before the 2010 World Cup to do with South Africa's high crime-rate and the World Cup went off fine.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #71
DDRickyDD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 625
Default

It's a joke the Qatar have got the 2022 World Cup for these reason;

- Tiny country. It's only half the size of Wales. How can a country that size possibly host a World Cup?

- Heat. How are fans going to be able to cope with the sweltering heat? Apparently they are going to have air-conditioned stadiums but will that work?

- Alcohol is illegal in Qatar.

I could go on and on. It's an utter joke decision.
DDRickyDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #72
Mark
TiBB Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,781


Default

Russia - very cold, very big.
Qatar - very hot, very small.

The common denominator?

A massive bag of money and huge oil/natural gas reserves.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #73
MTVN
All hail the Moyesiah
 
MTVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Country
Posts: 52,053

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB20: Paul Danan
CBB15: Cami Li


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Russia - very cold, very big.
Qatar - very hot, very small.

The common denominator?

A massive bag of money and huge oil/natural gas reserves.
Yes true, my cynical side agrees with you, but my optimistic side is actually quite looking forward to seeing football on a new frontier, and seeing how they cope with hosting such a huge sporting event.

Last edited by MTVN; 03-12-2010 at 12:24 AM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #74
Mark
TiBB Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,781


Default

How gutted was Sepp Blatter when he opened that envelope and there wasn't any money inside ?
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #75
iceman
REVIVAL
 
iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 48,725


Default

Love reading all the hate for Blatter, incidentally no hate came when he screwed Ireland out of a World Cup Place...... /justsaying
__________________
WALK ON WATER
iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2018, 2022, bids, cup, qatar, russia, wins, world

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:35 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts