Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:26 PM #26
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Yes you can, theres a difference between animal cruelty and killing animals for food
That must be of great solace to the animal.

Battery farming, force feeding and plenty of other farm practices = animal cruelty. The only way it would take any sort of moral precedence is if killing the animal was necessary for your survival.

As it happens it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
and thats one of the stupidest things i have ever heard on the whole forum!
Explain.

Last edited by Stu; 07-01-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 PM #27
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
That must be of great solace to the animal.

Battery farming, force feeding and plenty of other farm practices = animal cruelty. The only way it would take any sort of moral precedence is if killing the animal was necessary for your survival.

As it happens it's not.
Thats tarring all farming methods with the same brush, not all animals are battery farmed

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:29 PM #28
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Explain.
LOL.

A dog being beaten, hanged so it can only stand barely on its legs, and it dies when it collapses.

"you have no right to complain if you are a meat eater"

er... no one is eating that dog, it was beaten by its owner and left to starve and collapse to death..

being a meat eater has nothing to do with loads of animal cruelty cases use your brain

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 07-01-2011 at 07:31 PM.
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 PM #29
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Thats tarring all farming methods with the same brush, not all animals are battery farmed
I never said they were. Still I somehow imagine free range and 'ethical' meat products remain a niche market.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:32 PM #30
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
LOL.

A dog being beaten, hanged so it can only stand barely on its legs, and it dies when it collapses.

"you have no right to complain if you are a meat eater"

er... no one is eating that dog, it was beaten by its owner and left to starve and collapse to death..

being a meat eater has nothing to do with 99% of animal cruelty cases use your brain
Who said I was talking about the dog?

A large percentage of meat eating can be traced back to some form of animal cruelty. Of course most people don't seem to think it counts unless it's a dog, horse or dolphin.

Last edited by Stu; 07-01-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM #31
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Sadly it is a dog eat dog world out there , see what i did there

Sig stretching forum, fix it.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:34 PM #32
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Who said you weren't.

You entered the thread and said "you have no right to complain if you're a meat eater"
most people would think that was a reply to "Animal Cruelty" which is the title of the thread, and what EVERYONE is talking about in this thread. If you weren't talking about the dog, or even animal cruelty in general. Maybe learn how to use the quote button. And still either way that comment you said is still stupid.

Meat eaters aren't asking for theese Animals to be beaten with poles, having their legs cut or any of this, Infact if they had known the cow they were eating had been beaten and leg cut off, i wouldn't be supriced if the person did not by that meat. Of course meat eaters have a right to complain about animal cruelty! And animals being beaten for "NO REASON" nothing to do with getting the food, at all, bar battery farming, which I am against. Most people who buy that chicken don't understand what has actually happened, or don't even realise anything that happened to the chickens.

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 07-01-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 PM #33
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Who said you weren't.

You entered the thread and said "you have no right to complain if you're a meat eater"
most people would think that was a reply to "Animal Cruelty" which is the title of the thread, and what EVERYONE is talking about in this thread. If you weren't talking about the dog, maybe learn how to use the quote button.
I was talking about animal cruelty in general. Hanging a dog is animal cruelty. Battery farming chickens is animal cruelty. You can't condemn one whilst being entirely apathetic if not financially supporting the industry that causes the other.

Do you want me to paint a pretty little picture for you? Would that help make it clearer?

Quote:
Meat eaters aren't asking for theese Animals to be beaten with poles, having their legs cut or any of this, Infact if they had known the cow they were eating had been beaten and leg cut off, i wouldn't be supriced if the person did not by that meat. Of course meat eaters have a right to complain about animal cruelty! And animals being beaten for "NO REASON" nothing to do with getting the food, at all, bar battery farming, which I am against. Most people who buy that chicken don't understand what has actually happened, or don't even realise anything that happened to the chickens.
Will this message be reposted in English at twelve tonight?

Most meat eaters directly support an industry that causes considerable harm and cruelty to animals. Yet when confronted with a thread like this will squirm and go 'oh the poor little animals!'. Well do something about it then and either stop buying meat or buy free range or ethical meat products.

That's my point. Or at least part of it.

Last edited by Stu; 07-01-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:40 PM #34
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Who said I was talking about the dog?

A large percentage of meat eating can be traced back to some form of animal cruelty. Of course most people don't seem to think it counts unless it's a dog, horse or dolphin.
So you think it's right for dogs, horses and Dolphins to get beaten too then? I was using dog as an example, because that had NOTHING to do with meat eating. Which you complained about us complaining if we're meat eaters. Of course meat eaters can complain about animal cruelty Thats sooo stupid! Who are you to say, what meat we eat, for all you know the meat eaters in this thread aren't eating battery farm chickens or abused animals.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:42 PM #35
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I was talking about animal cruelty in general. Hanging a dog is animal cruelty. Battery farming chickens is animal cruelty. You can't condemn one whilst being entirely apathetic if not financially supporting the industry that causes the other.

Do you want me to paint a pretty little picture for you? Would that help make it clearer?
I think it's you that needs to pretty little picture to make it clearer, you said "You can't complain if you're a meat eater" about Animal cruelty. I then proved to you that you can complain obviously because, animal cruelty is nothing to do with meat eating (dog theory), which proved your theory out of the water straight away, hence it being the stupidiest quote ever.

"You can't complain if you're a meat eater". What you said is if you eat meat, you cant say animal cruelty is wrong. You blatenly can... due to my dog theory.

You need to go to school I think.

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 07-01-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:43 PM #36
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
So you think it's right for dogs, horses and Dolphins to get beaten too then?.
Where did I say that? Christ you are so fucking dim.

Quote:
Of course meat eaters can complain about animal cruelty Thats sooo stupid! Who are you to say, what meat we eat, for all you know the meat eaters in this thread aren't eating battery farm chickens or abused animals.
I doubt it. It's a marketing statistic. That is to say ... it is a stone cole fact. Most households do not care where their meat produce is sourced from.

You can take that to the bank.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:44 PM #37
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
I think it's you that needs to pretty little picture to make it clearer, you said "You can't complain if you're a meat eater" about Animal cruelty. I then proved to you that you can complain obviously because, animal cruelty is nothing to do with meat eating, which proved your theory out of the water straight away, hence it being the stupidiest quote ever.

"You can't complain if you're a meat eater". What you said is if you eat meat, you cant say animal cruelty is wrong. You blatenly can... due to my dog theory.

You need to go to school I think.
You just have to be putting this on. You are literally too stupid to be real.

Last edited by Stu; 07-01-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:46 PM #38
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Will this message be reposted in English at twelve tonight?

Most meat eaters directly support an industry that causes considerable harm and cruelty to animals. Yet when confronted with a thread like this will squirm and go 'oh the poor little animals!'. Well do something about it then and either stop buying meat or buy free range or ethical meat products.

That's my point. Or at least part of it.
Firstly, what what you said "You can't complain if you're a meat eater" you were assuming that US who had posted in the thread were supporting thoose industries that are cruelty to animals. Well I'll tell you when I was a meat eater I wasn't, as my parents are against it and buy very specific meat thankyou very much. And I have done something about it by not eating meat, and have always had free range. So of course I had a right to complain when i "WAS" a meat eater. How do you know 'Vicky' and 'Smithy' don't eat free range too? You assumed..

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 07-01-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:48 PM #39
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You just have to be putting this on. You are literally too stupid to be real.
Says the one who said "You can't complain if you're a meat eater"
Blatently people can who are eating free range, and totally against animal abuse.

There i thought I'd make it simpler for you to understand by putting it in a sentance..

You said it in a factual way "YOU CANT COMPLAIN" well actually i think you find i can x

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 07-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:54 PM #40
-

-

i hope he dies of cancer
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 PM #41
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Right let me explain this better.

This thread is called "Animal Cruelty vile"

Stu you entered the thread and said" you don't really have a right to complain if you are a meat eater"

I replied and said yes we do, for instance if a dog is being beaten and tortured by its owner, that has nothing to do with meat eating because it was brutally killed by it's owner. So that is animal cruelty that i have a right to complain against

Stu you said; who said i was talking about the dog? Animal cruelty happens over the world for meat that people eat

I said well, you said "You don't really have a right to complain if you're a meat eater" well as you said you were talking about animal cruelty in general, I said of course i have a right to complain as I use to eat free range, and a dog being beaten is nothing to do with meat eating so yes that does blow away your quote about animal cruelty. As the dog isn't being eaten, just killed by its owner.

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 07-01-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 PM #42
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Firstly, what what you said "You can't complain if you're a meat eater" you were assuming that US who had posted in the thread were supporting thoose industries that are cruelty to animals. Well I'll tell you when I was a meat eater I wasn't, as my parents are against it and buy very specific meat thankyou very much. And I have done something about it by not eating meat, and have always had free range. So of course I had a right to complain when i "WAS" a meat eater. How do you know 'Vicky' and 'Smithy' don't eat free range too? You assumed..
What if I believe killing any animal you don't need for your survival amounts to animal cruelty? Many people believe that. That's another argument entirely. Moving back to the point :

Of course I assumed. It was a general comment made to the general consumer of meat produce ... most of whom have absoloutely no idea where their meat is sourced from. It would have been both implausible and impractical to consult every active TiBB poster via PM and pose them a ten minute questionnaire on their meat eating habits and what they buy at the supermarket before posting a general comment most people would be levelheaded enough to not get mind bogglingly pedantic about.

Of course this flew all over your head because the main aim here was to try and mount some sort of offensive argument full of insults and 'theories' to show me up for the sake of it, thinking you could 'take on the big boy' or something. You may as well be throwing bits of cotton candy at a fucking warship.

Now I won't tell you to fuck off. I'm going to fuck off. I would honestly rather not waste my time getting baited by an incomprehensibly stupid individual such as yourself. No doubt you have the ability to change the argument to suit your needs, confuse my well made points and throw me off with you amazing ability to just fucking invent languages when the need arises.

This is character assasination. From me to you.

Last edited by Stu; 07-01-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:57 PM #43
0_o

0_o

People who eat meat would obviously still be shocked and sickened by seeing something like that.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is on a totally different planet to others :/

I will be honest and say I dont really know where my meat comes from most of the time, but I do buy free range eggs (go me ) but I dont think that gives me any less right to say the video above is totally vile.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 PM #44
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Well what you said was wrong Stu and I proved my point ta ta.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 PM #45
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
People who eat meat would obviously still be shocked and sickened by seeing something like that.

I will be honest and say I dont really know where my meat comes from most of the time, but I do buy free range eggs (go me ) but I dont think that gives me any less right to say the video above is totally vile.
Yes exactly, and you do have a right to complain if you do eat meat.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:59 PM #46
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post

Of course they would still be shocked and of course they would find it vile. I said nothing to suggest any different. Most rational human beings would be shocked.

I was refering to actively complaining and crying about one type animal cruelty in a storm of fury in your posts whilst possibly supporting and maintaining the industry of another.

Of course you can complain. It seems I need to point that out. Lest some knuckleheaded douche take it on an ultra literal, supressing-my-freedom-of-speech level. You can complain. It's just hillariously hypocritical to do so.

Last edited by Stu; 07-01-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:00 PM #47
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Of course they would still be shocked and of course they would find it vile. I said nothing to suggest any different. Most rational human beings would be shocked.

I was refering to actively complaining and crying about one type animal cruelty whilst possibly supporting and maintaining the industry of another.
before you weren't using word's like possibly
you used words of "You dont have a right" just assumptions, there was no maybe words involved.

Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 07-01-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:01 PM #48
0_o

0_o

Quote:

I was refering to actively complaining and crying about one type animal cruelty whilst possibly supporting and maintaining the industry of another.
Ya I get that.

I guess the thing though, when eating meat...you dont actually see what happens, You just buy it from the shop and dont give a second thought to how it got there...or most people dont anyways

Kinda out of sight out of mind.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 PM #49
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Of course you can complain. It seems I need to point that out. Lest some knuckleheaded douche take it on an ultra literal, supressing-my-freedom-of-speech level. You can complain. It's just hillariously hypocritical to do so.
Oh yeah, it is hypocritical, I agree.

The out of sight out of mind thing applies here too
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 PM #50
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh yeah, it is hypocritical, I agree.

The out of sight out of mind thing applies here too
Yeah thats what i was trying to also get across to Stu for people like you who don't know where they get their meat from

Quote:
Infact if they had known the cow they were eating had been beaten and leg cut off, i wouldn't be supriced if the person did not by that meat
^what i said to Stu

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
animal, cruelty, vile