Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 15-05-2006, 12:26 AM #1

Default Craig Coates - Daily Star\'s BB \'Whistleblower\'

Quote:
BIG Brother isn’t just watching you, he could be pulling all your strings…

The hit TV reality series is a hive of secrets hidden from devoted fans, it’s claimed.

And, as the nation eagerly awaits the start of the seventh series, the Daily Star Sunday can exclusively reveal shocking allegations about what life in the house is REALLY like.

Our whistleblower is Craig Coates, the 21-yearold gay hairdresser who was one of the big stars of last year’s Channel 4 show.

He sensationally told us: ● Many contestants have already been picked before the auditions. ● Housemates are secretly coached all the way through the show. ● Cash incentives are offered to make them behave more dramatically.

Tapes

“It really is amazing what you find out when you leave the Big Brother house,” said Craig. “I couldn’t believe some of the stuff I saw when I watched the tapes back.

“It was all so cleverly edited to favour Anthony, the eventual winner. A lot of people don’t realise the stuff that goes on away from the cameras.

“Viewers don’t get to see how Big Brother coaches the housemates. There were so many occasions when I’d go into the diary room and they’d tell me how to act.

“I tried to be myself in the house but there were so many things going on that I often turned to Big Brother and they helped me. They’d tell me how to act and what to do. None of this was seen by the public.

“I truly believed that everything that went on in the house was aired on the television but it wasn’t. So much went on and it’s only after you

Craig says that, despite enjoying the experience of Big Brother, he had no idea that the show was so manipulated.

He claims that at least TWO housemates were paid to do things on camera to increase ratings.

“They both told me once we’d left the house – when it no longer mattered.”

Of the new series he said: “I feel really sorry for the housemates who,like I did, probably believe they have every chance of showing the world who they are.

“But I reckon that bosses will have already picked their winner.

“When I was booted off the show last year, my family were told TWO days before the voting lines closed that they should travel down for the eviction. My mum knew I was going from that call.

“To me the whole thing stinks.”

Craig reckons the new series could be the last. He said: “The public are becoming more aware of how they manipulate housemates. But bosses have too much riding on the show to stand back.”
Daily Star Weekend
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2006, 11:32 AM #2

Favourites:
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB13: Deana

ohhhh- interesting
Chocolate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'whistleblower', bb, coates, craig, daily, star's