Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 31-07-2017, 02:58 AM #3476

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

mentioned in the other thread but Daario is definitely coming back now isn't he,

1) he has sellsword links and a great fighter who can persuade people to fight for Daenerys

2) who else has Dany got? Daario is pretty much her last hope, find it pretty weird actually I she doesn't / hasn't mentioned him at all in the show this season when she is in love with the guy in the books, very much obsessed in some chapters in ADWD, got to trying to make us forget he exists for his grand return

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."

Last edited by Novo; 31-07-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 03:00 AM #3477

Spoiler:

bank of Braavos to send Jaquen to help Cersei, although think he probably respects Arya too much

Last edited by King Gizzard; 31-07-2017 at 03:01 AM.
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 03:10 AM #3478

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Our Stannis's fault all this Iron Bank stuff happening in Kings Landing, him and Davos turning up a few seasons ago raiding them dry when they convinced them that Stannis would sit the Iron Throne now they have to get the debt back from the Lannisters even more now they have wasted loads, meanwhile Robb helps the Lannisters by inspiring Jamie to use his battle plans, unreal stuff

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Old 31-07-2017, 03:57 AM #3479
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Oh and something I forgot since it happened at the start

Spoiler:

Who picked up Theon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 04:20 AM #3480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Oh and something I forgot since it happened at the start

Spoiler:

Who picked up Theon?
Spoiler:

They mentioned a few of Yara's boats surviving, so I suppose one of them
Old 31-07-2017, 08:28 AM #3481
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

omg Daenerys what an entitled brat how she acted towards poor Jon
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 12:08 PM #3482

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Too much Daenerys/Jon screentime.

I wanted to see a little more of the North and exploring the new relationship between Sansa/Bran. It all seems a bit weird now he is the new 3 eyed raven – he didn’t get emotional about being reunited with a member of his family at all. I also felt sooo bad for Sansa when Bran was recalling what had happened to her. Couldn't he have picked a happier memory? HEARTLESS!!

Euron asking Jaime about Cersei’s favoured sexual activities was pretty funny. I lowkey ship Euron/Cersei and hope they get married in the end (lol)

I’m glad that the sandsnakes are being punished for killing Myrcella. She was an innocent girl and I would have loved to see her as Queen. I think she’d be much more involved in ruling things with her mother than Tommen was. I wonder who Cersei would have picked as a potential suitor for her only daughter.

Loved Olenna admitting to killing Joffrey, her last moment of savagery before dying.

We better have a reunion involving Arya in the next episode too!!!
storybrooke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 12:23 PM #3483
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybrooke View Post
Spoiler:

I wanted to see a little more of the North and exploring the new relationship between Sansa/Bran. It all seems a bit weird now he is the new 3 eyed raven – he didn’t get emotional about being reunited with a member of his family at all. I also felt sooo bad for Sansa when Bran was recalling what had happened to her. Couldn't he have picked a happier memory? HEARTLESS!!

Euron asking Jaime about Cersei’s favoured sexual activities was pretty funny. I lowkey ship Euron/Cersei and hope they get married in the end (lol)

I’m glad that the sandsnakes are being punished for killing Myrcella. She was an innocent girl and I would have loved to see her as Queen. I think she’d be much more involved in ruling things with her mother than Tommen was. I wonder who Cersei would have picked as a potential suitor for her only daughter.

Loved Olenna admitting to killing Joffrey, her last moment of savagery before dying.

Spoiler:

i find Daenerys more and more annoying, and many people find the same as me i read on YouTube, i liked Sansa and Bran's reunion, Olenna no she was my fave character
Old 31-07-2017, 12:42 PM #3484
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Bran is such a **** character, the worst in the books an the show. The reunion felt nothing like Jon/Sansa, it just didn't have the same feel. I doubt it'll have the same feel of Sansa/Arya if that happens also. It's clear the writers also don't like Bran's character as hes lacked screentime any season he is in, and hes even been missing from a season. He literally has about 30 seconds screentime in each episode to remind viewers he exists.

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 01:19 PM #3485

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Spoiler:

Bran is such a **** character, the worst in the books an the show. The reunion felt nothing like Jon/Sansa, it just didn't have the same feel. I doubt it'll have the same feel of Sansa/Arya if that happens also. It's clear the writers also don't like Bran's character as hes lacked screentime any season he is in, and hes even been missing from a season. He literally has about 30 seconds screentime in each episode to remind viewers he exists.
Spoiler:

Yeah tbh I wouldn't really care if his character dies before the end, I just don't have a connection with his character as a viewer. I think he will probably die for the greater good or to help his family in Season 8 perhaps
Old 31-07-2017, 02:21 PM #3486
-

-

amazing ep
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 02:24 PM #3487

Spoiler:

i can't remember if it's common knowledge to viewers that Olenna killed Joffrey or if that was a shock?
Old 31-07-2017, 02:30 PM #3488
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Spoiler:

i can't remember if it's common knowledge to viewers that Olenna killed Joffrey or if that was a shock?
Spoiler:

Yes it was common knowledge. Olenna told Margaery.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 02:33 PM #3489

Thank you Glen
I mean I knew she did I just couldn't remember if it would have been a surprise for people who don't read the books and stuff

Last edited by King Gizzard; 31-07-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 31-07-2017, 02:43 PM #3490
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybrooke View Post
Spoiler:

There was talk early in the first book of betrothing Myrcella and Robb to one another at the same time as Sansa and Joffrey. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Also, I have a theory on how Cersei is going to lose this war...

Spoiler:

We've had 2 scenes now of her being warned about Euron only being on her side "for now". One warning by Jaime, and one warning by the Iron Bank. She's also rejected his marriage proposal once, and postponed it this second time until after the war. Now remember, Daenerys was Euron's first choice last season. He was going to go to her first and the only reason he didn't was because Theon and Yara got there first.

Daenerys also left Daario behind last season because she knew she would have to marry in Westeros to form an alliance. Obviously everybody assumes this will be to Jon, but I just don't see that happening. She got very lucky originally by running into 3 armies being lead by women - half of the Greyjoy's, Dorne, and Tyrell's. She also just lost her entire fleet and all of her Westerosi allies because of Euron, and he now has the biggest fleet in the seven kingdoms. She could really do with inheriting one... She no longer needs to have any allegiance to Yara and Theon because they have nothing left to offer her.

There is also a prophecy for Daenerys in the books that I'd forgotten about when I first thought of this last night.

"Three mounts you must ride - One to bed, one to dread, and one to love."

Love - Drogo. Bed - Daario. Dread - Euron.

Would also be a pretty interesting twist to see the fan favourite marry the seasons main villain.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 03:07 PM #3491
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
There was talk early in the first book of betrothing Myrcella and Robb to one another at the same time as Sansa and Joffrey. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Spoiler:

We've had 2 scenes now of her being warned about Euron only being on her side "for now". One warning by Jaime, and one warning by the Iron Bank. She's also rejected his marriage proposal once, and postponed it this second time until after the war. Now remember, Daenerys was Euron's first choice last season. He was going to go to her first and the only reason he didn't was because Theon and Yara got there first.

Daenerys also left Daario behind last season because she knew she would have to marry in Westeros to form an alliance. Obviously everybody assumes this will be to Jon, but I just don't see that happening. She got very lucky originally by running into 3 armies being lead by women - half of the Greyjoy's, Dorne, and Tyrell's. She also just lost her entire fleet and all of her Westerosi allies because of Euron, and he now has the biggest fleet in the seven kingdoms. She could really do with inheriting one... She no longer needs to have any allegiance to Yara and Theon because they have nothing left to offer her.

There is also a prophecy for Daenerys in the books that I'd forgotten about when I first thought of this last night.

Would also be a pretty interesting twist to see the fan favourite marry the seasons main villain.
Spoiler:

Daenerys is not a fan favourite
Old 31-07-2017, 04:35 PM #3492

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasS View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Didn't actually mind his chapters in the books for the fact I was interested in Meera and Jojen's part in all of it, far to much focusing on him changing into Summer/Hodor at times as far as he was concerned but after last season on the show and the reveal of his greenseer potential I appreciate his character a lot more, I admire the fact his whole story is that he lost something that would have made him a great warrior but gained a power that hardly anyone has ever had, which could be a sacrifice for the greater good of Westeros in the end

Old 31-07-2017, 06:35 PM #3493
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Great episode

Why is Bran so ****ing creepy now tho?

Trailer for next week, Dany on Drogon yaaaaaaas

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 06:41 PM #3494

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post

Spoiler:

Good thinking about that prophecy, you could have something good there. I really want Cersei/Euron married though
Old 31-07-2017, 06:41 PM #3495
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

yeah bran needs to go

dunno if it's the actor or just the character but they're basically coming across as the Ghost of Christmas Past when it's just far too silly and boring. Plot device characters like that serve no purpose other than to titillate the hardcore fans into thinking X Y or Z might happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 06:48 PM #3496
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Thing is in S4(?) GRRM wrote the episode and said he was the most important part of everything

Old 31-07-2017, 06:49 PM #3497

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Was their really any other way of knowing about Jon's true identity though without Bran and his story? (No one else knew about it that is alive right now) He's not the best character personality wise but his story and the background and stark history with the Reeds is very underestimated at times

Old 31-07-2017, 06:52 PM #3498
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Yeah I understand Bran is needed for the story, but the actor isn't great, and the way the character has been delivered comes off more creepy/awkward. You'd not have known Bran/Sansa were sibilings that hadn't seen each other in years from the scene. Also its hard to kinda like Bran as he gets almost no screentime and just appears for seconds randomly in episodes rather than get a big chunk in an episode.

Old 31-07-2017, 06:53 PM #3499
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovoBaratheon View Post
Was their really any other way of knowing about Jon's true identity though without Bran and his story? (No one else knew about it that is alive right now) He's not the best character personality wise but his story and the background and stark history with the Reeds is very underestimated at times
Potentially littlefinger or Varys

Old 31-07-2017, 06:55 PM #3500
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Yeah I was thinking Varys could find out in some way actually, as he has spiders everywhere for ages. I think because of the popularity of Bran, hes getting much less airtime/plot devices from the production team [Much alike Dorne/Sand snakes did in S5 after the backlash] and its actually effecting the storylines occuring now its ahead of the books.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
airing, game, season, thread, thrones