Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 14-08-2017, 09:13 AM #3651
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Good ep, next weeks looks like it's gonna be amazing, Dany is obviously going to swoop in and save the day though, all the Jon stans better be ready to bow down and thank her

Was thinking just before Dickon and Randyll died, we haven't had many big deaths this season, must all be in the last 2 eps

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 09:14 AM #3652
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Also did anyone catch what the note arya read said?

All I could see was "has taken many wounds" (or something along those lines) and then it was signed by "your sister Sansa"

Old 14-08-2017, 11:04 AM #3653
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

^ was written 'home' when she was with Joffrey, about how the Starks needed to bend the knee to the Lannisters before Ned was executed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 11:05 AM #3654
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

ohhh

Old 14-08-2017, 11:13 AM #3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Good ep, next weeks looks like it's gonna be amazing, Dany is obviously going to swoop in and save the day though, all the Jon stans better be ready to bow down and thank her

Was thinking just before Dickon and Randyll died, we haven't had many big deaths this season, must all be in the last 2 eps
Starting to think the deaths will be saved for S8. I can only see a couple of the team that went past the wall, a Dragon and maybe Littlefinger dying now.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 11:17 AM #3656
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Still think Yara's on thin ice and there's always room for a curveball. Maybe Sam gets mobbed on the way north. Maybe Varys defects and gets burnt. Maybe Hot Pie has a bakery fire.

Quote:

Old 14-08-2017, 11:20 AM #3657
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Would have been nice for Arya to see The Hound, Gendry and the brotherhood before they went to the wall. She has connections to so many people north

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 11:21 AM #3658
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):

Olenna was a big death. Also in terms of storyline so was Ellaria Sand.

Can't think of any other 'big deaths' this season. Also expecting Littlefinger to in the final episode this season.

A massive shock that could happen would be Sansa that would have the Ned / Red wedding effect. She'll either make it to the end and potentially rule or bow out in this season finale imo.

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff

Last edited by DouglasS; 14-08-2017 at 11:24 AM.
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 01:43 PM #3659
Banned

Banned

Well that's my theory blown out of the water.

Spoiler:

The White Walker storyline will probably be concluded by the end of this season. There's too much for the writers to cover when it comes to the War of Queens to finish it off in the next two episodes especially if they bring in the Golden Company (and a certain someone with them). I predict that a temporary alliance of Cersei, Dany and John will destroy the army of the Dead by the end of the season but Cersei's forces will turn on John and Dany at the end of the battle which will draw up the battle lines for Season 8 and put Dany back on the backfoot. I think Cersei will just use the White Walkers as an excuse to take a time out and gather some armies capable of taking her on.

I thought the episode was pretty good, the inclusion of the Tarlys in this series was made a bit pointless by it though, their storyline should have ended last season with Sam leaving with the Valyrian steel sword. I like Gendry's return and I generally thought Davos was on form with the one liners.

I'm living for Cersei being a cold tactical bitch and not flying off the handle when it came to Tyrion. Plot that platinum blonde bitch's downfall

Still not here for them rehashing the mad queen storyline for Dany either, it feels like a very...TV-esque thing to do. She's trying to take over the Seven Kingdoms, she's not going to do it by making daisy chains and singing Kumbaya.

I don't think Littlefinger's long for the show, next episode or the finale. He's pretty much dead in one of them. Arya will kill him which will have the knock on effect of losing the support of the Vale in Season 8. I think Arya will end up leaving Winterfell to go back after Cersei, I think what I said a few weeks back about Arya realising that she can no longer play the role of the noble will cause her to leave.

Bran is also going to die very soon, I think given that his role is based entirely around the White Walkers and they probably won't be a threat for much longer. I can see him falling victim to Littlefinger's plotting.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 02:36 PM #3660
Marc

Favourites (more):
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science

Marc

Favourites (more):

At least 2 of those 7 won't return from outside the wall, I reckon.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 02:46 PM #3661
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):

It would be a pretty good death for Jorah, going out fighting the army of the dead. He'd probably see that as him redeeming himself to his father. Think Thoros will definitely die, he's not as important as Melisandre and if he dies then it means Beric won't be getting brought back this time if he dies as well. Although their god has obviously sent them down there for a reason, not sure what that could be.. Maybe they'll be responsible for securing Jon's safe passage back across the Wall, going out in a blaze of glory
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 02:57 PM #3662
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Well that's my theory blown out of the water.

Spoiler:

The White Walker storyline will probably be concluded by the end of this season. There's too much for the writers to cover when it comes to the War of Queens to finish it off in the next two episodes especially if they bring in the Golden Company (and a certain someone with them). I predict that a temporary alliance of Cersei, Dany and John will destroy the army of the Dead by the end of the season but Cersei's forces will turn on John and Dany at the end of the battle which will draw up the battle lines for Season 8 and put Dany back on the backfoot. I think Cersei will just use the White Walkers as an excuse to take a time out and gather some armies capable of taking her on.

I thought the episode was pretty good, the inclusion of the Tarlys in this series was made a bit pointless by it though, their storyline should have ended last season with Sam leaving with the Valyrian steel sword. I like Gendry's return and I generally thought Davos was on form with the one liners.

I'm living for Cersei being a cold tactical bitch and not flying off the handle when it came to Tyrion. Plot that platinum blonde bitch's downfall

Still not here for them rehashing the mad queen storyline for Dany either, it feels like a very...TV-esque thing to do. She's trying to take over the Seven Kingdoms, she's not going to do it by making daisy chains and singing Kumbaya.

I don't think Littlefinger's long for the show, next episode or the finale. He's pretty much dead in one of them. Arya will kill him which will have the knock on effect of losing the support of the Vale in Season 8. I think Arya will end up leaving Winterfell to go back after Cersei, I think what I said a few weeks back about Arya realising that she can no longer play the role of the noble will cause her to leave.

Bran is also going to die very soon, I think given that his role is based entirely around the White Walkers and they probably won't be a threat for much longer. I can see him falling victim to Littlefinger's plotting.
There's no way they're going to build up the army of the dead for 7 seasons just to have it over within 2 episodes, what's I'm guessing will happen is that they'll manage to capture a walker and take it to Cersei, convincing her of the army of the dead, she'll play a long and the season will end with the wall coming down. Next season is going to be 6x90+ min eps, that's 9 hours minimum, they wouldn't be able to drag Dany vs Cersei out for that long

IA re: the mad queen thing, people who see it from that perspective are just plain stupid, even the writer of the episode said as much

Quote:
“At least Dany offers them a choice. Every conqueror offers the choice of ‘bend the knee or die.’ These lords disobeyed her and disrespected her in rebellion against the rightful queen. Then she gives them a way out and they don’t take it. Her deal wasn’t even ‘I’ll let you live.’ They could have kept all their titles and land. So, yes, in one way, it’s a horrible death. On the other hand, they kind of asked for it. It’s a win-win situation and they somehow managed to find the ‘lose’ in that.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/13/game-of-thrones-eastwatch/

Old 14-08-2017, 02:58 PM #3663
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

The army of the dead storyline >>>>>> the fight for the throne. Much more important
Old 14-08-2017, 03:05 PM #3664
Banned

Banned

But then can they really get nine hours out of the White Walkers as well? It makes more sense to me if they are the focus of the next two episodes and those episodes go big and conclude their storyline. I can see the wall coming down in the next episode and the last episode will just be like a film with everyone against the White Walkers.

There's more story to be told in regards to the war for the Throne than the White Walkers especially how they've set it up now with the potential aftermath of the destruction of the White Walkers changing the board.
Old 14-08-2017, 03:08 PM #3665
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Probably see Benjen again next week as well, a reunion with Jon at long last
Old 14-08-2017, 03:12 PM #3666
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

BOO at Dany not helping fight the white walkers, makes it even more Obvious she's only interested in that boring throne of hers

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 03:14 PM #3667
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
But then can they really get nine hours out of the White Walkers as well? It makes more sense to me if they are the focus of the next two episodes and those episodes go big and conclude their storyline. I can see the wall coming down in the next episode and the last episode will just be like a film with everyone against the White Walkers.

There's more story to be told in regards to the war for the Throne than the White Walkers especially how they've set it up now with the potential aftermath of the destruction of the White Walkers changing the board.
No, but I'm not saying they will, the next two eps will be the start of the war with the walkers, S8 will be the climax of everything, the walkers and the war for the crown. If the wall came down next ep, there's no way the southern armies would be able to get north in time before the dead made it to winter fell or even further south (even with the new S7 teleportation power everyone has gained this season ) whereas if they prove to Cersei they're real and begin to march before it comes down, it'd make more sense

Old 14-08-2017, 03:18 PM #3668
Marc

Favourites (more):

Marc

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
The army of the dead storyline >>>>>> the fight for the throne. Much more important
This.

Would be stupid and rather annoying if it's all wrapped up by the end of this season.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 04:41 PM #3669
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

At least one of the big players will fall to the white walkers, i think that's a given, Winterfell has got to be a prime candidate for being overrun, and it would be hilarious if littlefinger with all his scheming fell at the hands of the big white boss
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 04:44 PM #3670
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
At least one of the big players will fall to the white walkers, i think that's a given, Winterfell has got to be a prime candidate for being overrun, and it would be hilarious if littlefinger with all his scheming fell at the hands of the big white boss
Sansa to be killed by the night king i really fear for this

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 05:11 PM #3671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Agreed. The fight for the throne is dumb anyway and delaying the inevitable Cersei death.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 14-08-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 14-08-2017, 09:11 PM #3672
Banned

Banned

The War for the Throne will eventually lead to Dany vs Jon anyway since this episode all but confirmed he is the rightful heir to the throne so it's not all going to be Dany vs Cersei.

The White Walkers won't be around for much longer simply because they aren't an entity that can be shown and used repeatedly for both budgetary and creative reasons so they won't be able to hold an entire season as the central villains because they aren't characters that can be developed or interacted with outside of battle, the whole point of them from a narrative perspective will likely be to cause the team up against them which will eventually lead to the endgame war for the Throne.
Old 14-08-2017, 09:27 PM #3673
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

But next year if the focus is predominantly on the walkers they're going to save on budgets massively for shooting locations and sets

Old 14-08-2017, 10:01 PM #3674

Quote:
The War for the Throne will eventually lead to Dany vs Jon anyway since this episode all but confirmed he is the rightful heir to the throne so it's not all going to be Dany vs Cersei.

The White Walkers won't be around for much longer simply because they aren't an entity that can be shown and used repeatedly for both budgetary and creative reasons so they won't be able to hold an entire season as the central villains because they aren't characters that can be developed or interacted with outside of battle, the whole point of them from a narrative perspective will likely be to cause the team up against them which will eventually lead to the endgame war for the Throne.
I would love that as it is much better than the potential romance between them that is being teased. I don't think Jon cares much for the Iron throne though.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 14-08-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:02 PM #3675
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

if the last shot of the finale is them two sat on the throne together with a bunch of half-human-half-dragon babies I'm going to kick off

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
airing, game, season, thread, thrones