Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 16-05-2019, 01:14 PM #5301
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I wonder what it would have been like if they added the lady stoneharts thing..I do wonder why they missed that out as it was potentially a good storyline.

Also the turning Jon into Aegon is..stupid.
That’s *if* he’s really Aegon and not fake

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 03:22 PM #5302
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 05:10 PM #5303

Quote:
I wonder what it would have been like if they added the lady stoneharts thing..I do wonder why they missed that out as it was potentially a good storyline.

Also the turning Jon into Aegon is..stupid.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence GRRM slightly distanced himself from the show after season 5. I think the omission of Lady Stoneheart,Aegon and Arriane from the show meant that the show took a different journey to what he had in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
That’s *if* he’s really Aegon and not fake

I think even if he ends up being fake, most people will never really know before Dany probably kills him. By the team he rallied Dorne,The Reach and Stormlands and got The Faith by his side in KL, people will straight away accept him for the time being.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 16-05-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 05:27 PM #5304
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

It’s been so long since I read the books (I read just before S5 came out) I can’t even remember half of book characters plots, definitely need a reread

Old 16-05-2019, 05:28 PM #5305
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Also, can’t wait to see how they portray Dany this week after she realizes what she’s done, whether she’ll be remosrseful or not

I’m guessing she won’t be because it weakens characters motivations to kill her, which is again dumb af

Last edited by Smithy; 16-05-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 16-05-2019, 05:31 PM #5306
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

I know they shot multiple endings so I have my fingers crossed, but if the leaks turn out to be true how this finishes, it will be ****ing terrible.
Old 16-05-2019, 10:41 PM #5307
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-...petent-writers

Over 620,000 signatures wtf
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:43 PM #5308
🌈 silly cow 🌈

🌈 silly cow 🌈

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I know they shot multiple endings so I have my fingers crossed, but if the leaks turn out to be true how this finishes, it will be ****ing terrible.
Right? Everything on that list has come true so far (assuming we mean the same one) so I'm expecting the leak is accurate
Jase. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2019, 10:57 PM #5309
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase. View Post
Lol
Old 16-05-2019, 11:12 PM #5310

Pointless petition. As if they will actually redo the season ffs. Even most of the Actors would tell them to **** Off.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 07:06 AM #5311
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Pointless petition. As if they will actually redo the season ffs. Even most of the Actors would tell them to **** Off.
Exactly, even if somehow HBO, the writers and producers, and GRRM signed off on it... All of the main cast will have moved on and probably most have accepted various contracts elsewhere by now. It clearly can't happen .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:07 AM #5312

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

What I would want to happen but won't

Ayra uses Cersei's face to kill Dani. The audience will be like whaaaaat cersei is still alive. But tyrion will try and look like a faithful hand to the Queen by strangling cersei. Only it turns out he has really just killed Ayra. It sort of fulfills the prophecy and it would be epic to watch. Then Jon and sansa find what out what they have done and kill tyrion and Dani. It will look like Jon or sansa are going to take the throne but the night king will show up at the last minute to destroy the throne. Turns out the night king was bran all along doing some sort of time travel to try and stop the chaos from happening by destroying everyone at the battle of winter fell only it turns out ayra killed him at the battle but the whole thing just keeps going round in circles stuck in some weird time loop hence the strange pattern that happens when the white walkers kill....

Last edited by Strictly Jake; 17-05-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Strictly Jake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:25 AM #5313
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeyJake10 View Post
Ayra uses Cersei's face to kill Dani. The audience will be like whaaaaat cersei is still alive. But tyrion will try and look like a faithful hand to the Queen by strangling cersei. Only it turns out he has really just killed Ayra. It sort of fulfills the prophecy and it would be epic to watch. Then Jon and sansa find what out what they have done and kill tyrion and Dani. It will look like Jon or sansa are going to take the throne but the night king will show up at the last minute to destroy the throne. Turns out the night king was bran all along.

Old 17-05-2019, 08:47 AM #5314
-

-

Ep 5 rewatch: Did anyone else totally miss on first watch that Varys is trying to poison Daenerys?

I thought they were just making random comments about how she was clearly "mentally not right" and thus not eating, but have just realised this time that the little girl is poisoning the food and Varys is disappointed because she isn't eating it. That was a bit of an important detail that totally changes the tone of his death .
Old 17-05-2019, 08:52 AM #5315
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Ep 5 rewatch: Did anyone else totally miss on first watch that Varys is trying to poison Daenerys?

I thought they were just making random comments about how she was clearly "mentally not right" and thus not eating, but have just realised this time that the little girl is poisoning the food and Varys is disappointed because she isn't eating it. That was a bit of an important detail that totally changes the tone of his death .
Oh no I never noticed this at all

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 17-05-2019, 08:55 AM #5316
0_o

0_o

Heh, I thought that too, no I didnt notice...tul people started on about it on facebook
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 08:56 AM #5317
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Oh no I never noticed this at all
Quote:
Heh, I thought that too, no I didnt notice...tul people started on about it on facebook
The weird thing is, it seems really obvious now that I'm watching it again . He even says "We'll try again at supper".
Old 17-05-2019, 08:59 AM #5318
-

-

I mean as awful as this episode is, I just can't say it isn't entertaining. When Dany is trying to kiss Jon and he's like "N... no... hmm... I don't know... maybe? Err... m... MAYBE? ... Ewwwww nah I just can't, this is gross Aunty Dany "

[edit] I'm also reading this scene differently this time; I don't really buy the "woman scorned" argument now, I think what they're trying to get at in this scene, is that Dany has realised that the people will never let her "rule with love" on her own and she's actually trying to see if there's still a chance for her and Jon to be together, as they could rule together and have the love of the people (she could use his popularity to make herself loved, basically) and when it becomes clear that it's just not a possibility any more, she resigns herself to the "path of fear".

With that in mind... thinking about the surrender... it's not enough for Daenerys to be able to take the throne through fear. By allowing the surrender with very little bloodshed, the people would still be likely to rally behind Jon Snow when they find out about his claim to the throne, and thus if she wants the throne she HAS to burn the city. She has to make people utterly terrified. And then the scene where the bells ring and Dany looks tearful and full of rage can be interpreted not as her "snapping" and deciding that she just wants to burn everyone, but steeling herself to doing it even though she DOESN'T want to kill innocents. She's closing herself off to it, because she believes so strongly that she has to take the throne, that it's become a necessary evil (in her mind)... and she's actually pained by every minute of it?

I reckon if I'm right, the problem with the show vs the books (as well as it being rushed) is the lack of internal monologue. Her thought process can be explained in book form... it can't on screen.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 17-05-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:03 AM #5319
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The weird thing is, it seems really obvious now that I'm watching it again . He even says "We'll try again at supper".
****s sake How did I miss that, I just assumed I suppose that she was just bringing information and spying like what the kids used to do in KL for him

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 17-05-2019, 09:30 AM #5320
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:

i spotted that on the 2nd watch too. Also Tyrion saying the life of a dwarf was nothing compared to saving thousands of people The other thing was that Tyrion was blatantly telling Jame that the way to avoid bloodshed was to ring the bell ... Like fooling his own queen into thinking it was over. He has zero loyalty to Dany by that point.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 09:43 AM #5321
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
I mean as awful as this episode is, I just can't say it isn't entertaining. When Dany is trying to kiss Jon and he's like "N... no... hmm... I don't know... maybe? Err... m... MAYBE? ... Ewwwww nah I just can't, this is gross Aunty Dany "

[edit] I'm also reading this scene differently this time; I don't really buy the "woman scorned" argument now, I think what they're trying to get at in this scene, is that Dany has realised that the people will never let her "rule with love" on her own and she's actually trying to see if there's still a chance for her and Jon to be together, as they could rule together and have the love of the people (she could use his popularity to make herself loved, basically) and when it becomes clear that it's just not a possibility any more, she resigns herself to the "path of fear".

With that in mind... thinking about the surrender... it's not enough for Daenerys to be able to take the throne through fear. By allowing the surrender with very little bloodshed, the people would still be likely to rally behind Jon Snow when they find out about his claim to the throne, and thus if she wants the throne she HAS to burn the city. She has to make people utterly terrified. And then the scene where the bells ring and Dany looks tearful and full of rage can be interpreted not as her "snapping" and deciding that she just wants to burn everyone, but steeling herself to doing it even though she DOESN'T want to kill innocents. She's closing herself off to it, because she believes so strongly that she has to take the throne, that it's become a necessary evil (in her mind)... and she's actually pained by every minute of it?

I reckon if I'm right, the problem with the show vs the books (as well as it being rushed) is the lack of internal monologue. Her thought process can be explained in book form... it can't on screen.
I don’t buy the whole “they love you they don’t love me” thing re Jon and Dany, it’s the North that love Jon and even then not all the north seeing as he bent the knee to Dany, the south wouldn’t give a **** about Jon and even if they know about Jons claim, if he has bent the knee to Dany and Dany is the person that (would have) liberated them from a queen they all hate they’re hardly going to call for someone else to take the throne, it’s not like the common people care about lineage

Old 17-05-2019, 09:47 AM #5322
-

-

Honestly, it's such a grim watch, I'm struggling to get through it for a second time . Production wise it's so well made but I swear every second is utterly draining. Maybe that's the point? I have such conflicting thoughts on this episode. Completely standalone, it's an extremely well-made piece of television - as hard as it is to actually watch. But we needed an entire season between the end of the White Walkers and this... not 2 episodes. In the context of the season / entire series it doesn't work at all.
Old 17-05-2019, 09:56 AM #5323
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I don’t buy the whole “they love you they don’t love me” thing re Jon and Dany, it’s the North that love Jon and even then not all the north seeing as he bent the knee to Dany, the south wouldn’t give a **** about Jon and even if they know about Jons claim, if he has bent the knee to Dany and Dany is the person that (would have) liberated them from a queen they all hate they’re hardly going to call for someone else to take the throne, it’s not like the common people care about lineage
Another thing that doesn't make sense is that although people will now know he's a Targaryen, they DON'T know that he's "died and come back" which is the loophole that got him out of the Night's Watch... as far as everyone knows, Jon is still a member of the watch, and joining the watch involves giving up any claim to hereditary rule. The only reason he could leave, is that the oath said "until death" and he died.

But if he really doesn't want to be king he can just say "I swore an oath to the Night's Watch so..."
Old 17-05-2019, 10:05 AM #5324
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i think there has been too much to quickly too .... In the first season, we basically had Ned's beheading .... that was it. 2nd series we had the siege of Kings landing ... that was it ... and so on

There has been much to much mind draining action to take in in the last 3 episodes all of which were feature length .... That should have been 3 more series. I think the production and writing are as good as always, it's just been squashed into too small a box to remain balanced and coherent.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 10:16 AM #5325
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

That’s bc the ending is driving the plot now whereas previously the characters/story was driving the plot

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
airing, game, season, thread, thrones