Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Worst form of animal cruelty?
Horse racing 4 20.00%
Horse racing
4 20.00%
Veal 0 0%
Veal
0 0%
Transport of live animals 0 0%
Transport of live animals
0 0%
Foie gras 2 10.00%
Foie gras
2 10.00%
Grouse shooting 0 0%
Grouse shooting
0 0%
Vivisection 2 10.00%
Vivisection
2 10.00%
Fox hunting 9 45.00%
Fox hunting
9 45.00%
Factory farming 2 10.00%
Factory farming
2 10.00%
Halal slaughter 1 5.00%
Halal slaughter
1 5.00%
Fishing 0 0%
Fishing
0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2011, 02:30 PM #26
Banned

Banned

Yup I love a good bit of animal cruelty I do.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:36 PM #27
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Then they died happy?
o_o

Cheery thread as ever Kazanne

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:41 PM #28
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Yup I love a good bit of animal cruelty I do.
Bear baiting used to be quite an entertaining way to spend an evening, mind sometimes you have to give the dogs a sporting chance, and remove the bears claws and teeth. Especially if its a pack of Yorkshire terriers or pekingese you are using.

Top tip about that, you are better off having the bear under full anaesthetic, our local dentist reckons the last bear he tried to de-teeth wasnt too keen on local anaesthetics for the extractions. Must have had an aversion to needles or something.

Last edited by Shasown; 11-04-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:45 PM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Bear baiting used to be quite an entertaining way to spend an evening, mind sometimes you have to give the dogs a sporting chance, and remove the bears claws and teeth.

Top tip about that, you are better off having the bear under full anaesthetic, our local dentist reckons the last bear he tried to de-teeth wasnt too keen on local anaesthetics for the extractions. Must have had an aversion to needles or something.
I do the same but with Pandas, They're like it's version of caviar.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:21 PM #30
0_o

0_o

Battery farming mostly.

I cant watch horse racing. It makes me want to grab the whips and hit the jockeys with them, make them run
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 PM #31
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Foxes have an excuse for killing Rabbits. As far as I'm aware they don't do it in packs on a Sunday evening whilst slightly tipsy for the sheer joy of it.

It's ironic that these venerated, better-than-you sorts are the ones who resort to acting like feral beasts in order to get their thrills. Invest in a Monopoly board or something you sad bastards.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:46 PM #32
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

saw something about roughly 700 horses having died in the past 5 years at races... it's just daft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:46 PM #33
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

What a stupid ******ing question.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:51 PM #34
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Foxes have an excuse for killing Rabbits. As far as I'm aware they don't do it in packs on a Sunday evening whilst slightly tipsy for the sheer joy of it.

It's ironic that these venerated, better-than-you sorts are the ones who resort to acting like feral beasts in order to get their thrills. Invest in a Monopoly board or something you sad bastards.
Well said.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM #35
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Going to try and find news pieces on each of the Poll choices and the links. Below is the first news item.

Foie Gras: Delicacy of Despair

To produce "foie gras" (which literally means "fatty liver"), workers ram pipes down male ducks' or geese's throats two or three times daily and pump as much as 4 pounds of grain and fat into the animals' stomachs, causing their livers to bloat to up to 10 times their normal size. Many birds have difficulty standing because of their engorged livers, and they may tear out their own feathers and cannibalize each other out of stress.

The birds are kept in tiny wire cages or packed into sheds. On some farms, a single worker may be expected to force-feed 500 birds three times each day. Because of this rush, animals are often treated roughly and left injured and suffering.

A PETA investigation at Hudson Valley Foie Gras in New York (then called "Commonwealth Enterprises") found that so many ducks died when their organs ruptured from overfeeding that workers who killed fewer than 50 birds per month were given a bonus. Many ducks develop foot infections, kidney necrosis, spleen damage, bruised and broken bills, and tumor-like lumps in their throats. One duck had a maggot-infested neck wound so severe that water spilled out of it when he drank.

Other investigations at Hudson Valley Foie Gras and America's other leading foie gras producer, Sonoma Foie Gras in California, revealed that ducks were crammed into filthy, feces-ridden sheds and that others were isolated in wire cages that were so small that they could barely move. Investigators also observed barrels full of dead ducks who had choked to death or whose organs had ruptured during the traumatic force-feeding process. The investigators rescued 15 ducks, including two who were being eaten alive by rats because they could not move.

Foie gras is so inhumane that in 2004 California passed a law banning the sale and production of foie gras effective in 2012. Force-feeding has also been outlawed in the U.K., Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, and Israel.

Join Sir Roger Moore and countless others around the world in refusing to eat foie gras. You can even take one more step by giving up all animal products for one month. Take PETA's Pledge to Be Vegan for 30 Days, and we'll send you top tips on the best places to eat out, our favorite recipes, the tastiest animal-friendly snacks, and suggestions for the most delicious prepackaged cruelty-free meals.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 11-04-2011, 05:01 PM #36
0_o

0_o

That is ****ing disgusting. I didnt even know what foie gras meant, and now I just wish I didnt
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:04 PM #37
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
i understand what your trying to say zippy,but some of these fox hunters dont even kill them for meat,sometimes they kill them for clothing or they kill them so they leave there part of the land (which i understand the latter reason) but i still believe theres better ways of dealing with foxes in that situation.
I 100% agree with your statement on this.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:07 PM #38
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post

Not just rabbits though, they pose a big threat to farmers livstock; chickens, lambs etc. and therefore their income. Foxes dont always have a reason either, a lot of the time they'll kill say 5 chickens and eat only 1 of them. I'm not avidly in support of fox hunting but I do think it can do more good than it is given credit for. Obviously it's a contentious issue, both sides have valid points, I'm pretty indifferent on the whole; I wouldnt hunt myself but I dont believe in criminalising it

Last edited by MTVN; 11-04-2011 at 05:07 PM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:07 PM #39
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
That is ****ing disgusting. I didnt even know what foie gras meant, and now I just wish I didnt
Sorry Vicky It's just as this is under serious debate, it might be worth knowing more about what we are debating I suppose. Below is the second news article, this time on the origin of Fox Hunting and the treayment of the animals raised for Veal.

Fox-hunting and the Ban

The Rise of Fox-hunting

Foxes have been hunted, for their furs, for hundreds of years. They were regarded as vermin, and usually caught by being dug out of the ground, by men with terriers. It was only in the late 17th century that the fox began to be seen as an animal worth hunting for sport.

The reason for the rise of fox-hunting was the decline in the number of deer, as a result of the clearing of woodland for farming. Hunters who had previously chased deer now looked to hares and foxes to provide their sport. In the 17th century, hunting dogs were bred for their skill in following a puzzling scent over a great distance. This was vital in tracking a hare, which uses trickery to escape pursuit, often running in rings and doubling back on itself. Despite its reputation for cunning, the fox relies on speed. It could easily outrun any dogs. So early fox hunts would often last from dawn until nightfall, and end with the fox escaping.

Father of fox-hunting

In 1753, an 18-year-old country gentleman called Hugo Meynell (which rhymes with "kennel") began to hunt foxes on his estate, Quorn, in Leicester. Meynell was the first person to breed dogs for speed and stamina as well as scent. The speed of his dogs gave a new excitement to hunting foxes. It was also now possible to begin a hunt later in the morning, making it attractive to young noblemen who kept late nights. It was Meynell, a well-known figure in London society, who made fox-hunting fashionable.

By 1800, fox-hunting was supported by most of the great landed aristocratic families, who kept their own packs of hounds. In country towns, local businessmen, lawyers and shopkeepers also joined together to form hunts, clubbing together to fund "subscription packs". Hunt clubs were set up, which became the centre of social life in the countryside. The idea developed that hunting was a unifying force, bringing the whole rural community together in a shared activity.

Melton Mowbray

The Leicester town of Melton Mowbray sits at the junction of three hunts, the Quorn, Cottesmore and Belvoir. This made it attractive to young male aristocrats, who would spend the whole hunting season in the town. Meltonians, as they became known, were devoted to hard riding, and would hunt six days a week throughout the winter months. In the evenings they relaxed with cockfighting, dogfighting, gambling and drinking. During one drunken night in Melton in 1837, the Marquess of Waterford and his friends poured red paint over the local nightwatchmen and then painted the walls of the town. This is the origin of the phrase "painting the town red".

Fox supply

The growing popularity of hunting led to problems ensuring a supply of foxes. In the early 19th century, foxes were imported from the continent, mainly from France and Holland. Landowners also planted artificial coverts - brushy areas for the foxes to live in. It became socially unacceptable for farmers to trap or shoot foxes - an act known as "vulpicide". There was a country saying: "Better kill a man than a fox".

City people go hunting

The spread of the railways in the 1840s transformed fox-hunting. A Londoner could now catch the 8.05 train to Brockenhurst in the New Forest, with his horse in a box, and get there in time for the day's meet. Between the 1840s and 1870s, the number of people hunting foxes increased tenfold. Women also began to hunt, riding side-saddle in thick skirts. For the first time, the sport attracted large numbers of people with little connection with the countryside where they hunted.

The increasing numbers of hunters caused problems for farmers, who complained of the damage caused by riders to their crops and fences. Tensions worsened in the 1870s, during the agricultural depression, caused by an influx of cheap foreign grain. Farmers began to claim compensation for damage caused by hunts, and there was an increase in vulpicide. In 1888, a Worcestershire farmer shouted at a hunter who was trampling his corn. When the hunter used his whip on the farmer, the latter put advertisements in the local papers: "Wanted, dead foxes, must be out of the Worcestershire Hunt, shot, poisoned, or trapped, price given, £1 dog foxes, 30 shillings vixens."

For the first time, people living in the countryside were questioning the basic ideals of hunting, and its place in rural society.

Veal : A Cruel Meal

Photo in link - A calf lies dead in the slatted stall in which it stood for all of its life, with
no mother, sunlight or decent food. This is the fate of a calf raised for veal.

The veal calf industry is one of the most reprehensible of all the kinds of intensive animal agriculture. Veal calves are a by-product of the dairy industry; they are "manufactured" by "milk machines" - dairy cows. Female calves are raised to be dairy cows: They are confined and fed synthetic hormones to increase growth and production and antibiotics to keep them alive in their unhealthy, unnatural environments. They are artificially inseminated and, after giving birth, are milked for several years until their production levels drop, then they are slaughtered.

Male calves are taken from their mothers shortly after birth. Some are slaughtered soon after birth for "bob veal." Others are raised in "open pens," a kind of minimum security prison, and even then they are sometimes chained. Most are destined for the veal crate.

Solitary Confinement

The veal crate is a wooden restraining device that is the veal calf's permanent home. It is so small (22" x 54") that the calves cannot turn around or even lie down and stretch and is the ultimate in high-profit, confinement animal agriculture.(1) Designed to prevent movement (exercise), the crate does its job of atrophying the calves' muscles, thus producing tender "gourmet" veal.

"Feeding" Time

The calves are generally fed a milk substitute intentionally lacking in iron and other essential nutrients. This diet keeps the animals anemic and creates the pale pink or white color desired in the finished product. Craving iron, the calves lick urine-saturated slats and any metallic parts of their stalls. Farmers also withhold water from the animals, who, always thirsty, are driven to drink a large quantity of the high-fat liquid feed.

Because of such extremely unhealthy living conditions and restricted diets, calves are susceptible to a long list of diseases, including chronic pneumonia and "scours," or constant diarrhea. Consequently, they must be given massive doses of antibiotics and other drugs just to keep them alive. (The antibiotics are passed on to consumers in the meat.) The calves often suffer from wounds caused by the constant rubbing against the crates.

A Fate Worse Than Death

About 14 weeks after their birth, the calves are slaughtered. The quality of this "food," laden with chemicals, lacking in fiber and other nutrients, diseased and processed, is another matter. The real issue is the calves' experience. During their brief lives, they never see the sun or touch the Earth. They never see or taste the grass. Their anemic bodies crave proper sustenance. Their muscles ache for freedom and exercise. They long for maternal care. They are kept in darkness except to be fed two to three times a day for 20 minutes. The calves have committed no crime, yet have been sentenced to a fate comparable to any Nazi concentration camp.

Photo in Link - veal calves

What You Can Do

To help stop veal calf abuses, don't buy or eat veal, and tell friends, relatives, and neighbors why. Tell restaurant managers about veal cruelties and ask them to remove veal from their menus. Also, don't buy or eat dairy products, because of the dairy industry's role in veal production. Ask your state legislators to sponsor bills that would prohibit the use of veal crates.

Last edited by Suze; 11-04-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM #40
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

44.44% for Fox Hunting? You closet public schoolboys.

*realises he misunderstood the question*

Oh right, vivisection by far. Haven't you ever seen Plague Dogs?
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

Last edited by BB_Eye; 11-04-2011 at 05:13 PM.
BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 PM #41

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie

I clicked fox hunting, but having just googled vivisection thats horrible! are the animals alive? How can it be legal!?
Barbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:19 PM #42
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Not just rabbits though, they pose a big threat to farmers livstock; chickens, lambs etc. and therefore their income. Foxes dont always have a reason either, a lot of the time they'll kill say 5 chickens and eat only 1 of them. I'm not avidly in support of fox hunting but I do think it can do more good than it is given credit for. Obviously it's a contentious issue, both sides have valid points, I'm pretty indifferent on the whole; I wouldnt hunt myself but I dont believe in criminalising it
I agree with most of your post MTVN, I watched a programme on this a few years ago, in it they were analysing why the fox was a messy killer in that it killed so many Chickens for example.

It's conclusion was firstly the noise of all the birds panicked the fox so it killed as many as it could, Also though the aim is of the fox is to get food and then also build up and store food,Foxes had been seen killing chickens and eating one then the others it killed, one by one carrying them in its mouth nearer its den and burying them to eat later.

However, foxes find their efforts and the noises of the chickens alert the danger so get interrupted in that carrying off and burying activity,hence why so many bodies are left seemingly killed for no reason.

Even so, it is nature,so I don;t see the need for the inhumane act of loads of well fed men and women, riding around on horseback with loads of hounds chasing one fox to enjoy seeing torn to pieces.
Someone said, fox hunting was 'the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable'.I forget who.

I just don't like fox hunting at all, as I said I saw a as a child a fox caught by the hounds and ripped apart alive.I have that picture in my mind and it was horrific and to see grown ups laughing and enjoying it made me feel really sick.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 PM #43
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Then go about controlling the Vulpine population the correct way. It's the theatric treatment of it as a hobbyhorse that I can't stand. It's very much pleasure for these bored, wayward toffs, not business.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:54 PM #44
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I don't understand what vivisection means here. Someone shed some light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:08 PM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
None
its the British way of Life.

Mmmm. Me thinks perhaps that's more the Tory way of life.... Your viewpoint makes it perfectly understandable as to the reason for your political perspectives
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:09 PM #46
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

I nearly vomited when I saw how Foie Gras is made!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 PM #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I agree with most of your post MTVN, I watched a programme on this a few years ago, in it they were analysing why the fox was a messy killer in that it killed so many Chickens for example.

It's conclusion was firstly the noise of all the birds panicked the fox so it killed as many as it could, Also though the aim is of the fox is to get food and then also build up and store food,Foxes had been seen killing chickens and eating one then the others it killed, one by one carrying them in its mouth nearer its den and burying them to eat later.

However, foxes find their efforts and the noises of the chickens alert the danger so get interrupted in that carrying off and burying activity,hence why so many bodies are left seemingly killed for no reason.

Even so, it is nature,so I don;t see the need for the inhumane act of loads of well fed men and women, riding around on horseback with loads of hounds chasing one fox to enjoy seeing torn to pieces.
Someone said, fox hunting was 'the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable'.I forget who.

I just don't like fox hunting at all, as I said I saw a as a child a fox caught by the hounds and ripped apart alive.I have that picture in my mind and it was horrific and to see grown ups laughing and enjoying it made me feel really sick.
Indeed a very fair and balanced perspective.

Some animals at some times may need to be controlled in the interests of mans own survival in the natural food chain of this hell scenario dog eat dog world we are in.

Killing for food or killing to save futur food is one thing but killing for pure sadistic entertainment is something all together different as I know you are aware of from the points you raise......

If animals do need to be culled it should be done in a humane way as possible. Not some dick head of a sadistic fox hunter or some amateur shooter of farmer charging about with a gun.

All of the items listed in the poll can be concluded to be a form of cruelty simply because man is interfering with nature purly for entertainment.....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 PM #48
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Sorry Vicky It's just as this is under serious debate, it might be worth knowing more about what we are debating I suppose. Below is the second news article, this time on the origin of Fox Hunting and the treayment of the animals raised for Veal.
It would be if your information was correct, Veal ctaes are illegal in the UK and have been for over 20 years(1990). As is the import of veal produced overseas using crates.

That article was wrote for the Animal Welfare argument in the states, where some states still allow the use of crates. There is a little clue in the last paragraph - "Ask your state legislators to sponsor..."

Heres a more up to date article on Veal.

Quote:
All the issues that surround veal seem to be terribly controversial. Whether it’s veal production, veal eating or the treatment of the calves, talking about veal is guaranteed to get people hot under the collar. Perhaps it is a subject to be avoided over the dinner party table – or one to choose if you want a heated debate!

What Is Veal?
So, what is veal and why do so many people disapprove of it? Veal is the meat from young male calves, generally around six months old. The males are taken from their mothers while they are still feeding as the males are not useful to a dairy farmer.

When the calves are born, the females are kept for their future duties as milk producers. As the males cannot offer this function, they are not kept by the farmers.

What happens next is essentially what the fuss is about. It is hard not to have sympathy with the male calves and, in turn, the majority of people, especially in the UK, that disapprove of ‘traditional’ veal production.

Where Does Veal Come From?
As there is no ‘purpose’ for the male calves, they are usually slaughtered. In the UK, strict slaughter laws have been in place for some time, with the use of crates outlawed since 2000 and thoroughly out of fashion since 1990.

Crates are the transportation method for live animals. They allow only a small amount of space per animal (which, while it has recently been increased, is still a relatively small space, especially taking into consideration the long journey times, emotion and lack of water on such journeys). There are slatted floors which can be very damaging to the hooves and legs of the animals.

However, many of the unwanted male calves are transported for slaughter outside of the UK, where the strict slaughter rules are not in place.

Who Eats Veal?
Veal is not a popular meat in the UK, with less than one in one hundred households buying even once a year. It is terribly out of fashion due to the horrific animal welfare issues that surround it. It would be considered highly inappropriate and perhaps even offensive to serve veal at a dinner party – eating veal is a controversial choice, so cooking it for guests would be unfair.

Veal is more popular across continental Europe, with France and Holland being the main consumers. In even the smallest French supermarket veal is available, with many butchers specialising in veal.

The Good Veal Campaign

Recent developments in the UK have seen the introduction of the ‘Good Veal Campaign’, launched in 2006 by celebrity chefs known for their strict stance on animal welfare, such as Hugh Fernley Whittingstall and Sophie Grigson.

The key differentiation is the development of ‘rose veal’. Traditional, controversial veal is called ‘white veal’ as the meat is very pale. This paleness is the result of the atrocious conditions the animals are kept in, with minimal iron, roughage and movement.

Rose veal does not allow any of these conditions, so the meat is a pale pink. As of January 2008, Marks and Spencer’s have only sold rose veal, with Waitrose and other high end food retailers keen to follow suit.
http://www.meateat.co.uk/about-veal.html
Old 11-04-2011, 06:28 PM #49
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I don't understand what vivisection means here. Someone shed some light?
Vivisection (from Latin vivus "alive" + sectio "cutting") is defined as surgery conducted for experimental purposes on a living organism, typically animals with a central nervous system, to view living internal structure. The term is sometimes more broadly defined as any experimentation on live animals; see animal testing.[1][2][3] The term is often used by organizations opposed to animal experimentation[4] but is rarely used by practicing scientists.[2][5] Human vivisection has been perpetrated as a form of torture.

From Wikipedia
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 PM #50
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Difficult choice only one in the poll....

Top of the list for turning my stomach and enraging me are:

Vivisection
Foie Gras
Veal Meat
Fox Hunting

Long torture that truly is unecessary and sickening.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 11-04-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
animal, cruelty, favour