Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Closed Thread

Old 20-06-2011, 08:48 PM #101
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I wasn't aware that that was a particularly large phenomena that bothered anyone. I can think of three maybe four pot smokers on here and it doesn't really alter your conscious to the point where you feel compelled to post nonsense shit.

Being an spacker is a far bigger impetus for that. No drugs necessary.

Last edited by Stu; 20-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:53 PM #102
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I wasn't aware that that was a particularly large phenomena that bothered anyone. I can think of three maybe four pot smokers on here and it doesn't really alter your conscious to the point where you feel compelled to post nonsense shit.

Being an spacker is a far bigger impetus for that. No drugs necessary.
It bothers me not a jot either. It was in reply to Josy being able to determine when a poster is tipsy and causing arguments and it was merely a point I was making.

Half the forum is made up with people posting nonsense shit (to quote you directly).
Old 20-06-2011, 08:54 PM #103
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Guess what, no one can cause arguments on their own I'm afraid. I raised a thread giving my opinions. If people don't agree with that, that's absolutely quite right. Your own post seems to be more of a personal dig rather than debating or dicussing the subject matter - which I honestly (truly...) thought was against forum rules: ie; getting personal? Mabye I'm misinterpreted that as there seems (seems?) to be lot of it in this thread directed at me in the recent posts?
As I said - it's no coincidence that you've been at the centre of most of the arguments on here recently. And as I also said, I'm not having a personal dig I'm just making an observation, for it to be personal would imply that I have something against you as a person which I dont, I just think you've been a bit argumentative recently.

I really don't see how this thread is constructive, it's not even like it was posted in the suggestion forum, I think you've just made it to have a moan and be a bit controversial by saying members should be banned if they're drunk, even if they're being harmless enough. And although you dont name names you suceed in making it clear who you're criticising with your moans and then whenever anyone objects to something you say you just act completely bewildered and feign offence.

Anyway yes, nothing personal, just my opinion etc. etc.

Last edited by MTVN; 20-06-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:58 PM #104
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
As I said - it's no coincidence that you've been at the centre of most of the arguments on here recently. And as I also said, I'm not having a personal dig I'm just making an observation, for it to be personal would imply that I have something against you as a person which I dont, I just think you've been a bit argumentative recently.

I really don't see how this thread is constructive, it's not even like it was posted in the suggestion forum, I think you've just made it to have a moan and be a bit controversial by saying members should be banned if they're drunk, even if they're being harmless enough. And although you dont name names you suceed in making it clear who you're criticising with your moans and then whenever objects to something you say you just act completely bewildered and feign offence.

Anyway yes, nothing personal, just my opinion etc. etc.
Rather than continuing down the matter of discussing me personally - which you are doing - perhpas you'd like to have the decency to either take it off the board - or at least get back to the topic of the thread

And no, that's not me being argumentative: that's me trying to stick to the rules of the forum.
Old 20-06-2011, 08:59 PM #105
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
It bothers me not a jot either. It was in reply to Josy being able to determine when a poster is tipsy and causing arguments and it was merely a point I was making.

Half the forum is made up with people posting nonsense shit (to quote you directly).
To be quite honest I am sick of you always moaning about something or someone and playing the victim card. People get drunk and come one here, so bloody what? What harm does it do you?

I don't get you sometimes and to be honest I don't want to. Now see that as an attack if you want, I couldn't care, but that is my opinion of you on here.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Old 20-06-2011, 09:00 PM #106
What A Liiife

Favourites:
BB15: Jale
UBB: Victor

What A Liiife

Favourites:
BB15: Jale
UBB: Victor

I don't see the harm in members coming on here and talking complete gibberish, if they are have a laugh or a friendly drunken chat then that's fine, it would just be unfair to ban someone for that, you wouldn't be allowed to have a bit of fun and entertainment on here any more.

Actions should only be taken if the drunken member is posting in an aggressive, argumentative manner and is needlessly trying to cause fights with other members for no reason.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:04 PM #107
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:

And what point is that?

You can't determine when someone is stoned and posting stupid stuff and it doesn't matter anyway because it bothers nobody so why even go to the effort of mentioning it?

You can determine if someone is tipsy and argumentative sometimes if they have said they are drinking and are clearly a bit louder than usual and are pissing people off.

That's clearly what Josy was reffering to, right? Those obvious cases? Not that I want to speak for her.

'Well you can't determine if someone is sitting on a red chair when their typing loooooooool'.

Last edited by Stu; 20-06-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:08 PM #108
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
To be quite honest I am sick of you always moaning about something or someone and playing the victim card. People get drunk and come one here, so bloody what? What harm does it do you?

I don't get you sometimes and to be honest I don't want to. Now see that as an attack if you want, I couldn't care, but that is my opinion of you on here.
What harm does it do me? clearly none. However your own post is incredibly aggressive and hostile. I raised a thread on a subject some do not care for or agree with.

I'm not entirely clear why I am being attacked by mods and members alike for a discussing a subject which others don't agree with. Where exactly is the rule break on that?
Old 20-06-2011, 09:08 PM #109
-

-

Quote:
members on here discussing their sex lifes (or the want of a sex life) in the unbelieveably graphic manner they do - or indeed, forum members sending photos of their genitals to god knows how many people. Now that... is beyond the pale - no matter what way you regard it.
which filthy bastard has done this

should be permabanned imo

this forum has 13 year olds on it some people make me sick
Old 20-06-2011, 09:08 PM #110
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Rather than continuing down the matter of discussing me personally - which you are doing - perhpas you'd like to have the decency to either take it off the board - or at least get back to the topic of the thread

And no, that's not me being argumentative: that's me trying to stick to the rules of the forum.
And maybe if you have a problem with the members who come on here drunk or talk about sex - you've made it pretty clear who you were referring to - you could have the decency to mention it in private or at least make a constructive post in the appropiate area? Come on, dont try now to make a point of trying to strongly uphold forum rules

Last edited by MTVN; 20-06-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:10 PM #111
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
which filthy bastard has done this

should be permabanned imo

this forum has 13 year olds on it some people make me sick
I hear it was ElProximo.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:11 PM #112
Honourary Super Moderator

Why not just report posts if you don't think they are appropriate?
Old 20-06-2011, 09:12 PM #113
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
What harm does it do me? clearly none. However your own post is incredibly aggressive and hostile. I raised a thread on a subject some do not care for or agree with.

I'm not entirely clear why I am being attacked by mods and members alike for a discussing a subject which others don't agree with. Where exactly is the rule break on that?
Oh get a grip woman. Yet again another case of you starting a thread knowing full well what the response would be and digging at members, then turning it to the 'pity me' phase.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 20-06-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:13 PM #114

Quote:
Who would you be referring to Josy and how would you be aware if someone was tipsy? does that apply to members that are stoned out of their heads as well, and a great deal of members who jump on the bandwagon the very second their pals do the same with certain members?
Why jump to the conclusion that I was referring to anyone in particular with my post? You asked a question in your op and I posted my reply just like everyone else did, I am aware when members are tipsy because they post on the forum telling people that, I have also never known anyone thats stoned to be argumentative on here.

As for the members jumping on the bandwagon etc comment, I have no idea what that has got to do with my post or the original op.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:16 PM #115
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kerry~ View Post
Why not just report posts if you don't think they are appropriate?
I have.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:19 PM #116
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Why jump to the conclusion that I was referring to anyone in particular with my post? You asked a question in your op and I posted my reply just like everyone else did, I am aware when members are tipsy because they post on the forum telling people that, I have also never known anyone thats stoned to be argumentative on here.

As for the members jumping on the bandwagon etc comment, I have no idea what that has got to do with my post or the original op.
I am not jumping to any conclusion, that's why I asked the question.

I don't believe I said that anyone who was stoned on the forum was argumentative: I was making the point that being tipsy is not any worse than being stoned.

The whole thread - to make it completely clear and transparent (once again) is not about people being drunk: it's about those who have not a clue what they are doing: not a few typos, not a bit of daftness or sillyness: but those who are so out of it that they can't put two word together just about.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 20-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:22 PM #117

Quote:
I have.
Then they may have been infracted I'd imagine
Old 20-06-2011, 09:27 PM #118
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kerry~ View Post
Then they may have been infracted I'd imagine
I was referring to on this thread. I wouldn't (and haven't) reported anyone for the drunken stuff... it was merely a thread for general debate with a hint of seriousness to it.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:28 PM #119
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

The mods must have an absoloute ball of a time going through those reports.
Old 20-06-2011, 09:30 PM #120
-

-

somebody deleted my posts

people need to know these things
Old 20-06-2011, 09:30 PM #121
-

-

somebody deleted my posts

people need to know these things
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic