Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB14: Frenchy

Favourites (more):
Default Big Brother 13 Brendon Villegas on alliances, Rachel and coming back to the game

TAKEN FROM DS

As one of last season's strongest players, Brendon Villegas returned for Big Brother 13 with girlfriend Rachel Reilly to take care of unfinished business. As part of the veteran alliance and with the strength of several Head of Household and Power of Veto wins, it seemed as though the pair could go the distance. Unfortunately, after he refused to bend to fellow veteran Daniele Donato's demands to bring newbie Dominic Briones into the fold, the tables suddenly turned. With Daniele winning Head of Household last week, she took revenge on Brendon and Rachel by nominating both of them for eviction. Despite winning this week's Power of Veto, the 30-year-old swimming coach used the opportunity to take Rachel out of danger and was subsequently sent home during Thursday night's live eviction show.

Here's what Brendon told Digital Spy about his experience...

You said that you would use the PoV on Rachel again if you were faced with the same decision. Did it ever cross your mind to use it on yourself?
"Yeah, of course it crossed my mind and I also debated if I would have gone further in the game if I had used it on myself. But ultimately, I always want to protect Rachel and for me, that was the most assured way of protecting her."

You seemed calm following Daniele's replacement nomination. Did you think that you really had a chance to stay in the house or were you trying to be strong for Rachel?
"I thought I might have a chance at staying but I knew it would be slim no matter who was against me. I think my best chance of staying the house was when Rachel made the argument that keeping Jordan in the house would ensure that whoever was sitting on the nomination block next to Jordan would always go home."

Had you been the one to stay over Jordan, would you really have tried to mend your relationship with Daniele and possibly work with her again or was that suggestion just for show?
"No, I would have sent Daniele home 100 percent. I would never have trusted her in the game. Especially with the opportunity she was presented in not having to do anything while our alliance fought to stay in the game."

How difficult was it to leave the house and Rachel behind knowing how upset she was about your not being around?
"That's probably the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time. Last night, I was still thinking about her face as the door was closing on my way out."

The veterans really seemed to take control of the house in the first few weeks before it all crumbled. Where do you think the veteran alliance went wrong?
"The veteran alliance went wrong with Daniele. She is so burdened by living in the shadow of Evel Dick that she couldn't be satisfied with just playing with other people. She had to make her mark by being the manipulator and having the game centre around her."

What would you have done differently, if anything, if you had to play again?
"I would consider not having told Jeff and Jordan about the plan Daniele was hatching and kind of let it ride out because it more than likely would have gotten Rachel and I to the jury house."

Obviously being a returning player in the game had its advantages and disadvantages. Do you think your past game experience was more of a help or a hindrance, in your case?
"It was a complete help. Knowing what the house was like and what the competitions were like, I didn't have that nervousness and anxiety before each competition and knew that no matter what competition it was, if I focused I could compete and potentially win."

Besides Rachel, who did you really see yourself going to the end with? Would you have continued to honour your alliance with Jeff and Jordan?
"Besides Rachel, there was no one person that I really trusted 100 percent in the game. Even with Jeff and Jordan, I knew that Jeff really wanted to make it to the end and that he would turn his back on us in the end if he needed to."

In your exit video, Kalia called you "arrogant". Why do you think the two of you got off on such a bad foot?
"Kalia is your typical entitled, spoiled girl who's been brought up in a well-to-do family. She's been rude to some houseguests, very insensitive and doesn't do her part to take care of the Big Brother house. I've never been one to be accepting of people who behave in that matter. And additionally, she just lied and when I knew that she was trying to play both sides of the house and make alliances with everyone, it just compounded with all of that."

What was the best part of the Big Brother experience this time around?
"Getting to compete side by side with Rachel in actual competition during week one for the PoV."

Do you feel as though you're done with the show now, or do you still have some unfinished business?
"I am not done with it at this point because Rachel is still in the game. But after this season, I am looking forward to putting Big Brother behind us and continuing on with our lives."

Big Brother airs Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays on CBS
lukee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 PM #2
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

If he returns the show is dead

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses View Post
i want cassi back
lukee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM #4
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses View Post
Hardly tbf, like him or not.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM #5
yuh yuh

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya
yuh yuh

Favourites (more):
BB15: Toya

Does this thread have Veto competition spoilers before I begin reading it? I saw Thursday's eviction and quickly left the page, I'm back now but I've skipped the post. I do not want to be spoiled this week and henceforth xD
Bluerang1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alliances, back, big brother 13, brendon, coming, game, rachel, villegas