Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

View Poll Results: Yes Or No
Yes 12 29.27%
Yes
12 29.27%
No 29 70.73%
No
29 70.73%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-08-2011, 11:00 PM #51

D Wade is A Warrior! I have followed him, since Marquette, where they went to the College Basketball Final 4. Too bad he is now, part of the the evil empire that is now the Miami heat!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat!

Wildcat! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 11:05 PM #52
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

^^ True that it is still hard to beileve he was only 5th pick

Sig stretching forum, fix it.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 06:45 PM #53
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
BB14: Gina
BB14 USA: Dan
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend killer View Post
Why do you keep posting Kobe's high scoring nights what does that prove. Statitically they have virtually the same PPG average which is quite embarassing for Kobe when he takes at least 15 shots more than any other player a match and NEVER passes the ball PMSL
Takes more than 15 shots per game?

Wade’s career FGA: 18.4
Kobe’s career FGA: 19.4

Field Goal Attempts Last Five years:
2006-07: Kobe 22.8 Wade 18.9
2007-08: Kobe 20.6 Wade 18.4
2008-09: Kobe 20.9 Wade 22.0
2009-10: Kobe 21.5 Wade 19.6
2010-11: Kobe 20.0 Wade 18.2

When you take into account the free throw attempts advantage that Wade has it’s basically a wash.

Wade does not have the offensive arsenal that Kobe has. There is literally not one offensive move that prime Kobe could not do. He has/had a better mid range, fade away, bank shot, 3 point shot, post up game, was just as explosive going to the rim etc. Kobe did things on the court that Wade simply isn’t capable of doing. That’s why Wade can’t explode for 55+ scoring nights even when he is hot, like Kobe has done multiple times in his career. You honestly think that Wade is capable of scoring 81 points or even 65 points? He doesn't have the offensive skill set to do so.

Quote:
You can touch over it all you like but Wade OWNS Kobe in pretty much every catergory. As i said in my above post all Kobe STATISTICALLY trumps Wade in is 3-point percentage, free throw percentage and turnovers EVERY other MAJOR stat Wade not only beat Kobe in but destroys him in. And whether you like it or not a players stats mean everything.

As for the Olympics LOL are you seriuosly trying to tell me Wade was not 10x the player Kobe was
Wade Averaged 16 points a game compared to Kobe's 15
Wade had a field goal% of .671 to Kobe's .462
Wade's 3% was .471 to Kobe's quite dreadful .321
Wade's Free throw % was .634 to Kobe's .583
Wade's rebound average was 4.0 compared to Kobe's 2.8 even though he gives up 3 inches on Kobe
Wade had 18 steals for the tourney compared to Kobe's 9
They had virtually the same Assists per game average
And the only stats he trumped Wade in was block

To only trump Wade in only 1 stat starting all 8 of the Usa's matches when Wade did not start 1 is quite embarassing really. And to make it worse he played on average an extra 5 mins a game more than Wade. So how you can tell me Kobe was more important than Wade i don't know what your smoken
Kobe’s role on the Olympic team was to be the defensive stopper, the closer and spot up 3 point shooter since no one on team USA could hit a 3 pointer outside of Michael Redd who barely saw any playing time. Wade was allowed to play his game with the second unit. Dude if you even watched the games instead of just looking at the stat sheet you would know this. When it was the 4th quarter in the Gold Medal game vs Spain it was Kobe that made all the big plays. I even posted the youtube video in the thread.

And getting more steals does not equate to being a better defender. Iverson led the league in steals pretty much every year in his career and he was one of the worst defenders in the NBA. Great Defense is all about staying in front of your man and disrupting the opposing team as much as possible so that they would have hard a time getting into their offensive sets. Players that get a lot of steals tend to gamble a lot, which is a big no no in the NBA. Case in point, Iverson. Stats aren't every thing. If you just looked at the stat sheets they say that Kevin Garnett was much better than Tim Duncan, but if you watched the games you know that wasn't the case at all.

This is an example of excellent man to man defense. Video of Kobe guarding Wade. End result was Wade missing a shot. Didn't result in a steal or a block.

Quote:
Also where was Kobe last year when the Lakers were getting bounced first round PMSL. The first time Kobe had a bad team he asked to be TRADED and than last year he was non exisitent getting bounced first round , does not say a lot about Kobe's character does it
Kobe lost in the second round in the playoffs, after going to finals for 3 straight years. No team since Bill Russell's Celtics has made it to the finals for 4 straight years in a row. Thats just too much wear and tear on the human body. I wasn't expecting them to win a championship this year or even make it to the finals. It was pretty much an impossible task.

Now let’s look at Wade’s NBA career from 07 to 11.

07- Swept out of the first round by a young Chicago Bulls team. Becoming the first team in NBA history to be swept out of the playoffs a year after winning an NBA championship.

08– Missed the playoffs entirely and finished the regular season with a 15-67 games record. LMAO @ 15 games.

09- Lost in the first round vs the Hawks. Hawks really? Lmao

10- Lost again in the first round against the Boston Celtics.

11- Threatened the Miami Heat that he would leave to sign with the Bulls if they didn’t sign his BFF’s Lebron and Bosh. Got both players and proceeded to choke in the Finals.

Quote:
As for the Shaq debacle just face it bro you take Shaq out of that team Kobe is not carrying no one to rings , but you take Kobe out and replace him with any other decent sg at the time IE: McGrady that Lakers team still wins 3 rings. That is just a FACT

That’s not a FACT, because there is no way to prove what you are saying is true. You can’t go back in history and replace T-Mac with Kobe and see if they win 3 rings or not. What we do know is that McGrady is a proven loser. When he had one of the best big men, in Yao Ming he couldn’t get out of the first round. He constantly lost to teams like the Utah Jazz. He was just as talented, if not more so than Kobe, but he lacked the drive to be best. McGrady was my 2nd favorite player at the time, but he was no Kobe. Kobe is and was a much better defensive player, better clutch performer, better offensive arsenal and the list goes on and on. It’s Kobe’s killer mentality and skill-set that separated him from the other guards in that era. Players like Carter and McGrady were just as talented, but didn't have that mentality. It’s why Kobe is one of the all-time greats and they aren't.

When Kobe had a similar team to McGrady's Rockets from 08 to 10 the end result was three straight Finals and 2 championships in a row.

Watch the fourth quarters of those Rocket first round series. T-Mac was passing to the likes of Rafer Alston, instead of taking over. He had clear mismatches, but instead of taking over he was scared. That’s not Kobe and will never be Kobe. He isn't afraid of the moment. Just this year we saw how scared Lebron was in the Finals. Dude refused to even shoot the ball. Again, thats not Kobe. Regardless if he wins or not, Kobe is going down swinging.

The reason the Heat lost the championship this year was because they couldn't close it out. All the games they lost, they lost them in the 4th quarter. The Heat had a lead every time going into the 4th. Wade and Lebron just couldn't close the deal, while Dirk was able to do so. Both of them looked scared. Especially Lebron.
SoBig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 09:59 PM #54
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Firstly of course Wade gets a lot of free throws he is the greatest slasher ever to be seen in the NBA FACT and Kobe could only dream of being able to Drive like FLASH can. And PMSL at you even suggesting Kobe at any point in his life can drive to the rim like Wade can just WOW

Again i see you bringing up Kobe's high scoring nights and again i point out they have the same PPG average which tells me that Kobe must have some amazingly bad scoring nights with those high ones. Also the fact that you state Kobe has an Offensive Set Wade could only dream of makes it even worse that they have the same PPG average LOL. Doesn't say alot about Kobe's vast offensive set does it

Kobe’s and spot up 3 point shooter since no one on team USA could hit a 3 pointer outside of Michael Redd who barely saw any playing time

LOL at the above comment Lebron , Wade , C.Anthony , Kidd , Prince, Williams all had better 3 point averages than Kobe so your comment is Flawed completly. So quite simply Kobe's 3's was only better than the Big's PMSL

And seriously bro how can you even suggest Kobe is a better defender than Wade. Wade can do everything Kobe can do on the deffensive end and even though Kobe is bigger wade averages more Rebounds , steals and blocks than Kobe.

And let's have a look at this vid where is Kobe's amazing defence when Flash zooms past him and than hits a shot right in his face LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_2CfVKsbUw

See anyone can find a vid backing up their point but ALL the stats show Wade is the better defender

And LOL at you even bringing up Wade's post season record from that period. Let's have a look at the roster Wade had to play with from 07-10

Miami Heat Roster 07-08
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2008.html

Miami Heat Roster 08-09
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2009.html

Miami Heat 09-10
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2010.html

^^ Possibly 3 of the WORSE teams to take part in the NBA and without Wade would have struggled to win 5 games FACT. Can you imagine if crybaby Kobe had to be part of 1 of those teams for even HALF a season he would be asking for a trade ASAP

Threatened the Miami Heat that he would leave to sign with the Bulls if they didn’t sign his BFF’s Lebron and Bosh - Is this a serious comment why would he not threaten to leave if not given a good team. Up untill last year D Wade only had 1 championship contending team he had every right to have a bit of a moan at the franchise unlike Kobe who had 1 Below Best team and wanted a trade LOL

Don't get me wrong Wade ****ed up badly with those Free throws he missed in the 4th but Wade's free throw game has been a joke since 06 and than it still wasnt great. Regardles Wade along with Chalmers was the only reason Miami was in those games in the 4th quarter so you can't really put blame on him he got tired nd LECHOKE didnt help him whatsoever.

As for Dirk don't get it twisted my Nan would be clutch against CHRISTINA Bosh possibly the worst defender in the entire league

Seriously though bro i aint hating on Kobe but the stats back me up he just simply aint as good as WADE. If you were to pick Him ahead of Wade its soley on the basis that he has a better 3 point average and free throw average cause Wade owns him in EVERY other catergory FACT

Also FLASH OWNS BLACK MAMBA LOL

Old 26-08-2011, 10:17 PM #55

LOL at you thinking Wade is the best slasher in History! Wade is a very good player, but dont get it twisted, he is nowhere near as good a player or slasher, as Kobe was when he was younger! And you want me to name a few who where much better than Wade. 2 people I never quite liked come to mind, Scottie Pippen to me the best slaser ever, Michael Jordan obviously! And thats just the most 2 obvious ones.
Again, Wade is an OK player, but he will never be anything other than just that. He will not be in some lists of the best ever anything.

And again, dont insult Kobe, Wade is, and never will be, on his level, and I dont need stats or anything to prove that. Anyone who has watch those 2's careers, woul see it as pretty obvious.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 26-08-2011, 10:24 PM #56
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

LOL you peeps riding Kobe's nuts hard.

And LOL at Stats Dont Matter how else do you compare 2 players that have never played on the same team

Just face it peeps Kobe is behind LeChoke and Wade . Can you imagine the numbers they would have posted with a PRIME SHAQ YIKESSSSSS!!!

Old 26-08-2011, 10:28 PM #57

Now you jjust sound plain stupid, telling people they are iding Kobes nuts, because they think he is a legendary player. NOt only do you sound stupid, all your arguments become that of a 12 year old child.

Having said that, Kobe's stats surpass wades thats why I am not gonna compare their stats, because its unfair. Kobe got 5 championships. He is one of the best player of all time. I am not gonna compare him to a solid NBA player. Thats the difference. Its solid, as opposed to a legend. YOu dont really compare them.
And like I told you, I know all about Dwayne Wade's game, I have been watching him since college.
As for comparing Wade and Kobe, now, or the olympics, again, you cant compare, someone, who is near the end of his career, to someone who is in his prime. Kobe has been in the NBA since 17 years old, thats wear and tear of 15 years, as opposed to Wade who has been in the NBA for 8 years. Tell me how Good Dwayne Wade is, in 2018, thats when he would have put the same mileage as Kobe in the NBA. Again, no comparaison.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Wildcat!; 26-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 26-08-2011, 10:36 PM #58
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

As i have gone through with SOBIG rings argument is a JOKE you give Wade the same teams Kobe has had since entering the League he would have just as many rings as Kobe. Winning a ring is a TEAM game but comparing individuals is all about the STATS

And the Stats don't lie D Wade OWNS Kobe , but luckily like Rose Kobe is the media goldenboy so these stats are avoided

Also BACK ON TOPIC LOL i think Kim supports Miami

Old 26-08-2011, 10:43 PM #59
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Wade, tops Kobe in field goal percentage, effective field goal percentage, and true shooting percentage. He also dishes a lot more assists than Kobe and gets more steals and blocks , and gets slightly more rebounds even though he is 2 inches smaller

Per Rating also supports Wade being better than Kobe

And as for Kobe well he has 5 rings lol other than that there is nothing

Old 26-08-2011, 10:55 PM #60

5 rings and thats it. Of course. So Wade got 1 ring an thats it!
Again, you sound really childish right now. LOL

I suppose 2 scoring titles, 2 finals MVPs, one League MVP, Being selected in every single all star game since his second season, 13 times all NBA team, 11 times NBA all defensive team. And this is all while being the 2nd option for a lot of years!

But yeah, you are right, he's got 5 rings, an thats it!

Dwayne Wade, had 2 excellent years! Other than that, he is just a solid player!

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Wildcat!; 26-08-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 26-08-2011, 11:08 PM #61
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Wildcat going by your Logic and the majority of Kobe fans someone like Marion is better than Lebron or Fisher is better than Kidd cause they have more rings lol

Don't get me wrong Kobe earned a lot of his awards but damm did he get a fair few GIVEN to him just case he is the media goldenboy. Take for instance last year not even the most die hard Kobe fan would have the balls to suggest Kobe deserved to be in defensive team ahead of Wade or the All Nba team cause lets face it Kobe was ROUGH last year. Also a very and i mean VERY strong case could be made that Gasol should have one one of Kobe's finals MVP'S. But hey that's one of the advantages of being media goldenboy just ask Rose the FRAUD MVP

Also going by your comment if Wade had only 2 excellent years what does that say about Kobe who is suppose to have had excellent years for the majority of his time in the NBA yets his stats DO NOT match D Wade's LOL

Old 26-08-2011, 11:10 PM #62
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Anyways's im off man it's been fun debating hopefully the Lockout finishes soon and we can start talking current B-Ball

Peace

Old 27-08-2011, 06:08 AM #63
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
X Factor 2010: Aiden Grimshaw
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):

She's hot.

twitter-- twitter.com/carackobama

CaraRawr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 01:05 PM #64
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Yes she is Cara

SMOKEN HOT!!!!

Old 27-08-2011, 03:55 PM #65
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):

I would and I'm not even lesbian

Old 27-08-2011, 05:41 PM #66
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

^^ HOT!!!!!!!!!

If you do would you mind filming your encounter

Old 27-08-2011, 05:52 PM #67
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):

but i'm not a pornstar

Old 27-08-2011, 06:10 PM #68
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

As Long as your 18 and not butt ugly it's all good in the hood

Old 27-08-2011, 06:33 PM #69
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:

Quote:
Firstly of course Wade gets a lot of free throws he is the greatest slasher ever to be seen in the NBA FACT and Kobe could only dream of being able to Drive like FLASH can. And PMSL at you even suggesting Kobe at any point in his life can drive to the rim like Wade can just WOW
When did you start watching the NBA? Kobe was the best slasher in the NBA from 98 to 04. The only other players that had an argument at that time were Iverson (who had difficulty finishing around the rim) and Vince Carter ( who shied away from contact). Wade is not even the best slasher on his own team now. LeBron is clearly superior.

When have you ever seen Wade EVER pull off layups and dunks like that in traffic?

Quote:
Again i see you bringing up Kobe's high scoring nights and again i point out they have the same PPG average which tells me that Kobe must have some amazingly bad scoring nights with those high ones. Also the fact that you state Kobe has an Offensive Set Wade could only dream of makes it even worse that they have the same PPG average LOL. Doesn't say alot about Kobe's vast offensive set does it
Kobe’s Top 5 Highest PPG seasons
a) 35.4
b) 31.6
c) 30.0
d) 28.5
e) 28.3

Wade’s Top 5 Highest PPG seasons

a) 30.2
b) 27.4
c) 27.2
d) 26.6
e) 25.5

You said what again?
Quote:

And seriously bro how can you even suggest Kobe is a better defender than Wade. Wade can do everything Kobe can do on the deffensive end and even though Kobe is bigger wade averages more Rebounds , steals and blocks than Kobe.

And let's have a look at this vid where is Kobe's amazing defence when Flash zooms past him and than hits a shot right in his face LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_2CfVKsbUw
See anyone can find a vid backing up their point but ALL the stats show Wade is the better defender
LMAO You just lost your argument. Wade had to use a pick from Joel Anthony to get away from Kobe in that youtube video. Did you just post that seriously? Dude got help from a pick when he tried to iso Kobe.

Wade does not average more rebounds than Kobe. Kobe once averaged 7 rebounds per game in one season. And I’ve already explained to you that averaging more steals + blocks does not equate to being a better defender.
When you find a video of Wade playing man to man defense like this then come holla.

Kobe is at WORST a top 10 player ever. Wade would even have a hard time breaking into the top 30. Its not even close. Look at Kobe's accomplishments, achievements, awards, records etc. Wade doesn't even compare.
Old 27-08-2011, 07:17 PM #70
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

D Wade Career Statline VS Kobe Career Statline
PPG - 25.5 PPG - 25.3
Blocks Per Game - 1.1 Blocks Per Games - 0.5
Steals Per Game - 1.8 Steals Per Game - 1.4
Assists Per Game - 6.3 Assists Per Game - 4.7
Rebounds Per Game 5.2 Rebounds Per Game - 5.3
Field Goal Percentage 0.485 Field Goal Percentage - 0.445

So the only stat Kobe is SLIGHTLY better in is rebounds which given he is 2-3 inches taller is rubbish and the fact thats Wade NEVER completes a full season

These stats become even wider in PLAYOFF AVERAGES

PPG - 25.9 PPG - 25.4
Blocks Per Game - 1.1 Blocks Per Game - 0.7
Steals Per Game - 1.7 Steals Per Game - 1.4
Assists Per Game - 5.6 Assists Per Game - 4.8
Rebounds Per Game - 5.7 Rebounds Per Game - 5.1
Field Goal Percentage - 0.483 Field Goal Percentage - 0.448

LOL so he fails do beat Wade in ANY major catergory come Playoff time

END OF DISSCUSSION!!!!!!

I'm not disputting Kobe will be higher in the HOF but that's what happens when you are media goldenboy even though the stats clearly shows D Wade is the better player

ALSO LOL AT LEBRON BEING A BETTER SLASHER THAN FLASH WERE YOU BEING SERIOUS WHEN YOU MADE THAT COMMENT

Old 27-08-2011, 07:40 PM #71
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeaAKC4d5A

BOW DOWN TO FLASH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5KAFtFncx0

Lebron also knows Flash is the king

Old 27-08-2011, 07:54 PM #72
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

And LOL at you bringing up vids of Dunks D Wade constantly does the NASTIEST dunks on big men PERIORD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRN7iJ5CqQ

Varejao gets BENT OVER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YckTXZ3WjA0

CABBAGE PATCH SNM PERKINS SOUL GOT TAKEN

Old 27-08-2011, 08:16 PM #73
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:

Quote:
And LOL at you bringing up vids of Dunks D Wade constantly does the NASTIEST dunks on big men PERIORD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRN7iJ5CqQ

Varejao gets BENT OVER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YckTXZ3WjA0

CABBAGE PATCH SNM PERKINS SOUL GOT TAKEN
That dunk on Perkins is just sick!

But its Kobe we are talking about here.

These highlights >>> Wade's

Starts at 5:50 mark
Old 27-08-2011, 08:24 PM #74
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:

Quote:
D Wade Career Statline VS Kobe Career Statline
PPG - 25.5 PPG - 25.3
Blocks Per Game - 1.1 Blocks Per Games - 0.5
Steals Per Game - 1.8 Steals Per Game - 1.4
Assists Per Game - 6.3 Assists Per Game - 4.7
Rebounds Per Game 5.2 Rebounds Per Game - 5.3
Field Goal Percentage 0.485 Field Goal Percentage - 0.445

So the only stat Kobe is SLIGHTLY better in is rebounds which given he is 2-3 inches taller is rubbish and the fact thats Wade NEVER completes a full season

These stats become even wider in PLAYOFF AVERAGES

PPG - 25.9 PPG - 25.4
Blocks Per Game - 1.1 Blocks Per Game - 0.7
Steals Per Game - 1.7 Steals Per Game - 1.4
Assists Per Game - 5.6 Assists Per Game - 4.8
Rebounds Per Game - 5.7 Rebounds Per Game - 5.1
Field Goal Percentage - 0.483 Field Goal Percentage - 0.448

LOL so he fails do beat Wade in ANY major catergory come Playoff time

END OF DISSCUSSION!!!!!!

I'm not disputting Kobe will be higher in the HOF but that's what happens when you are media goldenboy even though the stats clearly shows D Wade is the better player

ALSO LOL AT LEBRON BEING A BETTER SLASHER THAN FLASH WERE YOU BEING SERIOUS WHEN YOU MADE THAT COMMENT
Dude come on you already know why Kobe's career averages are so low. He barely played in his first 2 seasons! In his rookie year he averaged 7 points per game and 15 points in his second.

Remove the years he was a teenager and his career stats shi** on Wade's.

Its should be embarrassing to Wade fans that his career averages are very similar to Kobe's. Considering that Kobe barely played in his teenage years. If Wade was sooo much better than Kobe, then why aren't his career stats better?

Why don't you compare Kobe's stats from age 22 to 29, to Wade's from 22 to 29.

I dare you.
Old 27-08-2011, 08:38 PM #75
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:

This is the video I was looking for.