Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Closed Thread

Old 22-12-2001, 02:23 PM #1

Default Bitches are Back

Time to e-mail these little cows don't you think?

LOST FOR WORDS

PAUL'S TELLY HOPES SINK

BITCHES hear that Big Brother loser Paul Clarke's attempt to make it as a telly presenter has floundered after he failed to set bosses at Channel 5 alight with his screen test.

We spotted the charmer, now happily living with dizzy welsh blonde Helen Adams, lurking in the pressw line up at the star-studded premiere for the Mean Machine on Tuesday night.
Paul claims to hate the press, so imagine our surprise to discover that he was doing a test run for a presenter's job on the revamped Exclusive programme starting in January.
But it seems vain Paul failed to impress as he faced the real celebs. And a source say's he's fluffed his chance of a job on the show.

An insider said"He didn't do as we'd hoped at the Mean Machine premiere and bosses have had to rethink plans for Paul Clarke- his screen test was not as ideal as they expected"

Word is that the show is now seeking out a sexy female to be their roving celeb reporter instead.

Bosses at Exclusive denied Paul was a flop on screen - but couldn't reveal if they had future plans for Paul.
They told us: "We are seeing a lot of people. No decision has been made...... it was a dummy run."
We couldn't have put it better ourselves.......

OOOOOO they're lucky I haven't smacked them one!!! I bet H would like to drag 'em out of their bloody houses by their hair!!

By the way their e-mail address is starbitches@dailystar.co.uk
Old 22-12-2001, 03:56 PM #2
WILDCHILD2K1

WILDCHILD2K1

Do you know wot? Those Bitches are Bitches - lol!
They do my head in so much, I wanna smack them too!
Paul probably isnt that bothered about it, he never was really enthusiastic about presenting, he had a good job before!!

Old 22-12-2001, 04:32 PM #3

I suppose it wouldn't blend with the rest of their column if they said

"That nice Paul Clarke is trying his hand at a new skill. We're not sure how he got on, but congratulations for trying. It's beyond us."

The grown-up, unselfish person in me thinks that Paul might be happier if he went back the job he enjoyed and kept a distance from the nasty, shallow show-biz people, but the spoilt brat in me wants to see more of him and hopes he gives a tv career a go.

How double wierd must it be for him at the minute doing his grown-up job part-time. He'll be in the staff canteen and someone will come up waving the picture of him dressed-up as Becks. Or they'll say - ooh, I saw the advert for Alistair McGowan featuring you last night. Worse, he'll be sat eating his lunch and people at the next table will be reading The Bitches, or whoever, starring himself, or Helen, or any of the others.

I bet people keep using the word STUFF in meetings and sniggering! I know I would. You couldn't help it.
Old 22-12-2001, 04:38 PM #4
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

I can't even be bothered to waste my time writing to them and giving them a piece of my mind.

I would imagine mm and dp are regulars over there!!!

Mark
Old 22-12-2001, 05:07 PM #5

Well, as Wildchild said, the Bitches are just bitches. Their whole column is aimed at taking the mick and being nasty so any mention in there is bound to be negative.

I think Paul's first attempt at 'Exclusive' presenting from Ibiza looked very promising and let's hope that, as per usual, the bitches don't know what they are talking about.

Old 22-12-2001, 07:02 PM #6
Administrator

Administrator

For '...a source' and '...an insider' - read a Star junior reporter making up stories in their coffee break. I have even less faith in what's printed in the Star than I do with the Scum.

When will they learn that anyone with more than two braincells doesn't believe a word they print?
Old 24-12-2001, 10:37 PM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by chilledbootz
Time to e-mail these little cows don't you think?

LOST FOR WORDS

PAUL'S TELLY HOPES SINK

BITCHES hear that Big Brother loser Paul Clarke's attempt to make it as a telly presenter has floundered after he failed to set bosses at Channel 5 alight with his screen test.

We spotted the charmer, now happily living with dizzy welsh blonde Helen Adams, lurking in the pressw line up at the star-studded premiere for the Mean Machine on Tuesday night.
Paul claims to hate the press, so imagine our surprise to discover that he was doing a test run for a presenter's job on the revamped Exclusive programme starting in January.
But it seems vain Paul failed to impress as he faced the real celebs. And a source say's he's fluffed his chance of a job on the show.

An insider said"He didn't do as we'd hoped at the Mean Machine premiere and bosses have had to rethink plans for Paul Clarke- his screen test was not as ideal as they expected"

Word is that the show is now seeking out a sexy female to be their roving celeb reporter instead.

Bosses at Exclusive denied Paul was a flop on screen - but couldn't reveal if they had future plans for Paul.
They told us: "We are seeing a lot of people. No decision has been made...... it was a dummy run."
We couldn't have put it better ourselves.......

OOOOOO they're lucky I haven't smacked them one!!! I bet H would like to drag 'em out of their bloody houses by their hair!!

By the way their e-mail address is starbitches@dailystar.co.uk
Much as I despise the Bitches for their 'dizzy' comments about Helen, I have to agree with everything they say about Paul. He has no charisma, wit or personality and he talks rubbish most of the time. I have always really liked Helen but I hated Paul for nominating Helen the first week and his awful flirting with Penny. He even tried to flirt with Amma but she couldn't stand him. Since Helen's romance with him, I have been forced to be more tolerant of him because at least he makes Helen happy (I expected him to break her heart) and if Helen is happy, then I am happy. However, I still cannot bring myself to like him because he is such a monosyllabic monumental bore and he was nasty to Amma who incidentally got on brilliantly with Helen. Strange that.
Old 24-12-2001, 10:43 PM #8
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

Everyone has their own views and opinions girlie - yours are that you don't like Paul. Please don't get too nasty as this isn't a hatrid board - but all views are welcome!

Have you seen the Helen and Paul section on this site?

Happy xmas on 18mins to go!

Mark :xmas2::xmas2::xmas2:
Old 26-12-2001, 11:16 AM #9

I thought Amma was more nasty to Paul than he ever was to her. It was obvious they didn't get on, but I thought that was her fault. I think he made an effort to be pleasant, but I don't recall him flirting. At the time I thought Amma was annoyed because he wasn't falling at her feet and didn't fit into any of the boxes she had for men. I suppose that could have been on one of the episodes I missed, and I suppose we all interpret things differently.

I also think it's unfair to hate anyone for nominating anyone if they did it for genuine reasons. That was in the rules. It's not like Paul ever pretended he always thought H was great. He told her early on that he had problems with her at the beginning.

I supposed I'm biased, because I always liked him and thought he was interesting. I always quite liked Helen, but for me, he brought out the best in her, so it's thanks to him that I like her so much.:bouncing:
Old 26-12-2001, 09:29 PM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Feefs
I thought Amma was more nasty to Paul than he ever was to her. It was obvious they didn't get on, but I thought that was her fault. I think he made an effort to be pleasant, but I don't recall him flirting. At the time I thought Amma was annoyed because he wasn't falling at her feet and didn't fit into any of the boxes she had for men. I suppose that could have been on one of the episodes I missed, and I suppose we all interpret things differently.

I also think it's unfair to hate anyone for nominating anyone if they did it for genuine reasons. That was in the rules. It's not like Paul ever pretended he always thought H was great. He told her early on that he had problems with her at the beginning.

I supposed I'm biased, because I always liked him and thought he was interesting. I always quite liked Helen, but for me, he brought out the best in her, so it's thanks to him that I like her so much.:bouncing:
So I suppose you do not count Paul saying that Amma was a fit, attractive girl with a great body as not fancying her? What about when they were in the tub and Paul started kissing/licking Amma's back? She looked horrified. Paul also said many times that he did not know why Amma did not like him, so you can hardly say that Amma disliked him because he did not fall at her feet etc. Amma disliked him for the same reason that the others (who voted for him every week) disliked him. He was not very bright and had nothing interesting to say. All he did was brag about him and his mates going on holiday and their antics with various so-called 'fit birds' etc. Amma was less nasty to Paul than he was to her or don't you remember his 'I control you speech' etc and Brian said more hateful things about Paul than everyone else put together.
Old 26-12-2001, 10:06 PM #11
WILDCHILD2K1

WILDCHILD2K1

I still dont understand why so many people hated or disliked him; I can totally see why people can get annoyed by him. I luv him but there were times when I just wanted him to shut up. Howver, you should be able to see pass his 'boring' stories and 'wicked' catchphrases and see that he never did anything wrong in the house. I think you should get over the nominatiion he gave Helen in the first week; he admitted it was wrong but its not a crime, so he didnt get on with her for a bit, nothin wrong in that, she didnt like him either; they both established this.
And he didnt always go on about girls and his mates; I think this was exaggerated too much, and even when he did, hes a human, why shouldnt he talk about girls; surely you talk about ladz!
Pauls a love, all he wanted to do was to be liked and maybe sometimes he went round the wrong ways of doing it but you gotta forgive him; he's so sweet!!

Old 26-12-2001, 10:41 PM #12

I agree with you Wildchild he's lovely!!! I think if you think about it he must have an amazing character to be nominated all those times and not let it get to him. Still at least he had H, and we had a love story that mesmerised us for ......well ever!! :lol:
Old 27-12-2001, 11:19 AM #13

I also agree with Wildchild.

Paul was definately not boring and did lots more than "brag about him and his mates going on holiday". Also to say that he isn't very bright is actually quite funny considering he got a really good degree and currently has an excellent job.

I never for one moment thought that Paul was leading Helen on and was going to break her heart. You could tell from the way they looked at each other how strong both of their feelings were while in the house, and I'm not in the least surprised that they are still together and are obviously very much in love.

As we have discussed many times before, both on here and TalkBB, much of Paul's earlier behaviour in the house was due to his insecurities. Most of the flirtation with Penny in the first couple of weeks were instigated by her. Yes, he played along with it, but it was fairly obvious towards the end that he was quite embarrassed by it all. As for Paul nominating Helen in the first week, Helen has admitted herself that she wasn't happy in the house during that first fortnight and that she didn't begin to relax and let her real personality come out until after she survived the first nomination. I'm a huge fan of both Helen and Paul, but I didn't like her much in initially either and actually voted for her eviction against Penny. She was very moody and grumpy during this period and didn't becomoe the Helen we began to love until later in the house. I'm so glad she didn't go, what a different BB it would have turned out to be if Penny had stayed instead.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree Girlie. :grin: As Mark says everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours. Helen became my favourite housemate, but I also always liked Paul. I think they make a lovely couple and are very well suited.
Old 27-12-2001, 11:34 AM #14

In defence of Mr Clarke.....I think you all know where I'm coming from!

I saw him as someone who tried to be nice to everyone. He did want to be liked, and meant no harm at all with his daft long-winded stories. I think he was hurt by the nominations because he was pretty inoffensive, and took a deep breath, kept smiling and tried to use them as a positive experience.

The more he tried to please the others, the less they responded to him. Poor lad!
He did not gripe, apportion blame or do the 'poor me' act at any stage. he kept on being pleasant.

Compare and contrast that with the hysteria, sympathy, threats and group hugs experienced by all other nominees, bar Helen.

From the beginning he was very sweet to Narinder, but certainly didn't flirt with her.

He definitely flirted with Penny, although I think it was purely for fun and her response frightened him s**tless!

I didn't see him kiss Amma's back, but they all had a go at each other's backs in a game in the hot-tub, so it may have been during that. Amma was universally agreed to have a good body, after all she was relying professionally on her appearance, so no shocks there if he said so. I'm SURE he didn't fancy her.

Her looking horrified means nothing Girlie!
One thing I noticed about several of the housemates is that they took against others who did not respond to them in the way they wanted.

Amma would have liked him more if she had thought he fancied her.

After all, Helen pretended to be horrified when Paul said he'd sleep with her in week one when she'd already dreamt about it! She said a few days later she'd be physically sick if he came on to her. We all know how that turned out.

One of Paul's weaker moments was nominating Helen, and I do think it may have been something to do with him thinking she thought she was 'up herself' (i.e. not fancying him!)

He admitted he had made a mistake, and lots of them voted in that week for people they subsequently got on with.

Brian didn't like it that Paul was not a 'playmate', and wittled to Narinder that he thought Paul hated him. If Paul had been a more overt Brian fan he would have saved himself one consistent nomination I'm sure.

As for expressing admiration for looks etc., all the girls said Paul was very good looking and had a great body. Only one was fascinated with his brain though.. and even then I think H was being polite!

Elizabeth, as we know, consistently dissed Paul behind his back, whilst being sweet as pie to his face. She used his gullibility and trust of her to put him in a bad light because she saw him as a rival. She did this with everyone she thought she could oust.
To Stuart re: Penny etc.,
To Narinder re: Penny, Amma
To Amma re: Paul
To Dean re: Paul and Helen
To Josh re: Paul
all the time nurturing those who could buffer and carry her to the final stages when she thought the general public would recognise her superiority and vote for her to win!

I think, unlike most of the others, Paul went in for a laugh and for the experience, and consequently was not so competitive and set on forging advantageous alliances.

Back to his future on or off TV....

He was consistently intimidated by being observed, especially when thinks got 'up close and personal' with Helen. But I think that was because it WAS personal.

I think Exclusive bosses must have seen something they liked in his Ibiza special, else they wouldn't have had high hopes for him. I thought he did fine considering his lack of experience. Who knows?

I have a feeling we might all be surprised to find him very different, and much more open in real life.

Whatever, he certainly did nothing to deserve any of us wishing him other than a happy and successful future, which I do!

I'd like him to stay with Helen because it's so sweet, and I think they compliment each other beautifully. They would make lovely parents.

I'd like his future ideally to be on TV so we can all see him. IMHO he is TOTALLY aesthetically pleasing, although offically I'm to old to care about such things.

Good Luck to the lad. Bless his little cotton socks, love him!

P.S. Who the hell are these 'bitches' anyway? Do we care? :rudolph:
Does anyone follow them on shopping trips, holidays, househunting, auditions, etc?
No? I wonder why not?
Because no-one else cares either!
:santa::santa::santa:
Old 27-12-2001, 01:24 PM #15

I remember the 'I control you speech' very well, which is why I know it was actually an 'I've kept my temper under check' discussion. It hardly rated as an argument, but it did clear the air a bit and they seemed to get on better as a result.

If I remember the hot-tub incident correctly Amma liked it when it was Paul's turn to lick her back, but if she really was disgusted then the blame lies firmly at Brian's door. It was all his idea and he started it by licking Helen, Narinder and Paul's backs. I'm hesitant to make assumptions about who that means Brian fancies.

I don't think Amma or Paul fancied each other, but they both knew the other was good looking. The two don't always follow. For example, I agree that Amma is stunning, but don't fancy her, and I certainly haven't been flirting with her. On the other hand, Bubble spent his whole time telling Amma how attractive she was and how she really should give him a chance. Josh said several times he found her attractive and that given the choice of any housemate, she'd be the one he slept with. I don't think it's a coincidence that those are the men she got on best with.

I'll admit I never liked Amma. She had a major attitude from the beginning and was really horrible to Penny. It was probably meant as an insult to Penny and an excuse for him not falling at her feet, but one of Amma's criticisms of Paul was that he went for thick women. I'm sure Helen's thrilled one of her friends said that!

I happen to quite like Amma now she's out of the house and she's lost a lot of the attitude. She's shown guts to admit she didn't always get things right - something Liz hasn't managed. I've missed most of her tv appearances, so I'll be very interested to see how she is in the documentary next month.

One last comment before I finish my rant - I wouldn't place so much faith in the nomination stats. Helen was the second most nominated person. It's probably overkill, but I'll briefly mention Liz and Nick from last year. No need to expand.

Old 27-12-2001, 10:06 PM #16

Quote:
Originally posted by Feefs
, so I'll be very interested to see how she is in the documentary next month.
i saw an advert for this the other night, i dunno if ne one has mentioned it yet, it seemed very much focused on bb in other countries.
Old 27-12-2001, 10:13 PM #17

What did the advert look like?

I know they have interviewed most of the BB people. I heard Nicola from BB1 and Elizabeth from BB2 have declined to appear. I've heard quite convincingly that Brian, Helen, Paul and Stuart have all been involved, so I imagine most of the others have been too.

From what I've read in the press, they're making the program sound like it's supposed to be an examination of the BB phenomenon. It is including an update on what's happened to the contestants, but I think they're pretending it's an intellectual show.

However, Davina is still fronting it, so I'm holding out for it to be quite contestant focused and interesting. And most importantly - ACCURATE!

Old 29-12-2001, 08:07 PM #18

I have read all the ranting replies to my post about Paul and I still stand by everything I said. I watched hours and hours of BB2 on the internet and I know for a fact that Paul initially fancied Amma but she disliked him from the beginning because of his laddishness and dishonesty. I agree with her because I dislike these sorts of guys too. You can find them in any downmarket pub on a Friday night and they all look, dress and sound the same. That is how I view Paul. He is bland and his looks are very typically next-door-nothing-out-of-the-ordinary knid of thing. As for not fancying Amma, I distinctly remember one of Pauls mates saying during the beginning of BB2 that Amma was Paul's type etc. If it makes you feel less insecure to believe that he never fancied anyone before Helen then good luck to you. It is amazing how a guy like Paul can attach himself limpet-like to a babe like Helen who is popular, extrovert, funny, socially adept (everything Paul is not incidentally) and suddenly as if by magic you all think he is a babe magnet of international popstar proportions ! Please remove your rose-tinted specs luv.
Old 30-12-2001, 08:19 AM #19

You go girl!

Each to their own. We Paul fans are not ranting, we just don't agree with you, which is 'fair play'.

I haven't personalised the whole Paul attraction thing to this level. I like him, I think he's human and rather fanciable, but it's not that 'real' to me.

I'm old enough to be his mum, and have sons his age, but admittedly don't feel maternal towards him! I wouldn't be at all ashamed of him though if he were my son.

I feel for him because he is so gauche and expresses himself awkwardly. I think my own boys are more articulate and would have coped better, but they weren't there, none of us were, who know's how we would have coped?

Back in the real world I'm sure Paul will manage to cope without your approval, and that Helen will forgive you for calling her a 'limpet like babe' .

Paul actually reminds me much more of my husband when we met. He was immature and we married far too quickly but he has turned out to be a star. Completely loyal, loving and kind. A fantastic husband and father, who still thinks I am all that. I think PC is the same kind of guy.

I know the kind of bloke you are describing but I'm sure Paul isn't one of them. He talked 'lad' initially but his actions showed he actually respects women.

I wondered who made up the 'Bitches' target audience. Now I know! I hope you meet someone who makes you feel better about blokes soon, but don't mind at all that you hold these views!

Keep smiling!:xmas2:
Old 30-12-2001, 09:53 AM #20

Well said R.O.B. I really couldn't have put it better myself

Girlie we dont were rose tinted specs here honest. We love Paul, you don't. We love H here so do you. It's that simple!!
Old 30-12-2001, 03:41 PM #21

Quote:
Originally posted by Romantic old bird
You go girl!

Each to their own. We Paul fans are not ranting, we just don't agree with you, which is 'fair play'.

I haven't personalised the whole Paul attraction thing to this level. I like him, I think he's human and rather fanciable, but it's not that 'real' to me.

I'm old enough to be his mum, and have sons his age, but admittedly don't feel maternal towards him! I wouldn't be at all ashamed of him though if he were my son.

I feel for him because he is so gauche and expresses himself awkwardly. I think my own boys are more articulate and would have coped better, but they weren't there, none of us were, who know's how we would have coped?

Back in the real world I'm sure Paul will manage to cope without your approval, and that Helen will forgive you for calling her a 'limpet like babe' .

Paul actually reminds me much more of my husband when we met. He was immature and we married far too quickly but he has turned out to be a star. Completely loyal, loving and kind. A fantastic husband and father, who still thinks I am all that. I think PC is the same kind of guy.

I know the kind of bloke you are describing but I'm sure Paul isn't one of them. He talked 'lad' initially but his actions showed he actually respects women.

I wondered who made up the 'Bitches' target audience. Now I know! I hope you meet someone who makes you feel better about blokes soon, but don't mind at all that you hold these views!

Keep smiling!:xmas2:
Firstly, I am 17 and I have loads of guys who are just friends but my boyfriend is everything Paul is not. He is older, wiser, good-looking, tans easily, half Brit/half Spanish, extremely intelligent and a successful businessman to boot. Paul acts like loads of lads who are my age and I cannot stand it. Helen has a similar personality to mine which is why I connected with her from the start. Finally I will forgive your ignorance about the 'limpet-like' quote. You have obviously never heard the expression before or you would know that there is no such thing as you put it as 'limpet-like babe'. I meant in other words that Paul attached himself to a magnetic personality type like Helen, rather like a leech attach itself to the human body. He was hoping some of Helen's charisma would rub off on him but it didn't. When it finally came to a choice between Paul and Helen, it was embarrassingly obvious that people would rather watch Helen than Paul. Paul is nothing in the media's eyes without the Helen connection, but Helen can stand on her own. Paul needs Helen for popularity but Helen needs no-one. Get it now? Slurp!!!
Old 30-12-2001, 04:01 PM #22
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

Girlie let me remind you of a few things.

The people in the UK did like Paul - look how many times he faced evicition and got off.
If I remember rightly Helen dominated the relationship inside the house and she had a boyfriend at the time. Paul did the right thing by not going too fast as he knew about Big G.
You said he is everything your boyfriend is not... hmmm, Paul has degree - therefore he isn't stupid (opposite of intelligent) Then you say he isn't good looking (opposite of good looking) I can think of many people on this board and others who would beg to differ. As for tanning easily and being half Spanish - why does that matter?????
Paul doesn't need Helen for popularity - look how popular he is on just this board, then think of other boards and people who don't even post anywhere.
Wherever Paul goes he is mobbed by loads of women. He has not thrown himself into the media, he has taken things at a steady pace and has tried some presenting etc. Wheras, not being rude to Helen - Apart from Lorraine I have only seen her in the papers buying clothes. Big Brother made Helen who she is today - if not she would probably still be in hairdressing.

Mark
Old 31-12-2001, 01:56 AM #23

I admire and appreciate your willingness to argue with us on this one Girlie. If you don't like Paul, then fair enough. If you don't like him because he doesn't tan as well as your boyfriend, then I think he's probably not that upset. I tan terribly, so it's not surprising that you didn't believe me when I said I liked Paul before the limpet attraction thing.

I think lots of the reasons to like or dislike Paul are daft, but generally subjective, so it's up to you. However, I do know my own mind. I didn't suddenly acquire rose-tinted specs for Paul when he and Helen started flirting. In the early days I thought (wrongly I now realise) that Paul was far too good for Helen. I learned to like Helen more and more over the last few weeks. Not because Paul liked her, but because her personality really developed in the house and in particular Paul brought out the best in her. Hanging around with him also meant I made more of an effort to pay proper attention to her, not just the perception of her presented by the media.

Paul certainly thought Helen had charisma, but he survived nominations more than her, so he couldn't know she was more popular than him.

I'm a boring old 28 year-old, and your boyfriend may seem more mature, but maturity isn't everything. Paul might have appeared to be a typical lad of the sort you dislike, but my additional years of experience has taught me to differentiate between lad (young man) behaviour and lad (lout) behaviour. Paul was 25 year old graduate with no committments when he went into the house, and that's how he behaved. He didn't feel the need to prove how sensible, intelligent or grown-up he was, which is a form of maturity some people don't acquire until their mid-life crisis. Perhaps he did get excited at Star Wars, but not throwing a tantrum over being nominated is more important.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:40 PM #24

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Girlie let me remind you of a few things.

The people in the UK did like Paul - look how many times he faced evicition and got off.
If I remember rightly Helen dominated the relationship inside the house and she had a boyfriend at the time. Paul did the right thing by not going too fast as he knew about Big G.
You said he is everything your boyfriend is not... hmmm, Paul has degree - therefore he isn't stupid (opposite of intelligent) Then you say he isn't good looking (opposite of good looking) I can think of many people on this board and others who would beg to differ. As for tanning easily and being half Spanish - why does that matter?????
Paul doesn't need Helen for popularity - look how popular he is on just this board, then think of other boards and people who don't even post anywhere.
Wherever Paul goes he is mobbed by loads of women. He has not thrown himself into the media, he has taken things at a steady pace and has tried some presenting etc. Wheras, not being rude to Helen - Apart from Lorraine I have only seen her in the papers buying clothes. Big Brother made Helen who she is today - if not she would probably still be in hairdressing.

Mark
Mark, firstly Paul was only kept in the house because of Helen and not because he was liked. He was also lucky enough to be up against the really unpopular people like Stu, Naz etc so it is hardly surprising. Obviously a minority of people must have liked him but they probably also liked Paddy! Just because someone has a degree does not make them intelligent because believe me I know some stupid people who have a degree each (apart from my boyfriend who has 3 degrees and is very smart). Paul chased Helen and she initially resisted him because of Big G. He kept on after her (once Penny was gone, Amma hated him, Naz ofcourse was married, and Liz was too unattractive and boring) and it is obvious he would have attached himself to any attractive girl in the house just to enhance his image (typical lad) and make him popular with the viewers! About the tanning and half-Spanish thing, well I was only expressing my preferences in men. Paul is hardly mobbed by women! He never goes anywhere without Helen for God's sake. He tried his hand at tv presenting as you say, which is true but he was an abject failure. Did he not do any presentations whilst on his degree course then? He might have learned how to lose his monotone way of speaking and might actually have learned to sound lively and interesting when he speaks instead of sending everyone into a stupor! I hasten to remind you of the housemates reactions to Pauls frequent stories. Brian was absolutely spot on about Paul. As for whether Helen does Lorraine or not, you cannot honestly have convinced yourself that Paul could EVER be more popular than Helen. It will never happen. Helen is practically a household name and her funny sayings are now legendary. There is nothing remotely memorable about Paul. Not one great Paul moment can I think of that did not involve Helen and is therefore only memorable because Helen was in it. I am sorry if you are a major Paul fan but although I think Helen is great I cannot stand her bloke. I suppose I am like Amma in this respect then. I did not hate Paul (that is reserved for Brian) but I came very close to it. We shall just have to agree to disagree about Paul I suppose.
Old 01-01-2002, 05:37 PM #25

This is a very silly argument, Girlie, and I was just going to let it go by but really, Paul was only up against unpopular housmates and that's why he stayed in. What about, Bubble ? You conveniently left him out of your list! He was 8-1 ON to stay in. Anyway, as I said before, this is a silly argument. Each to his or her own opinion. I happen to think Paul was and appears still to be really nice, and I loved watching them together, so arrest me!
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
back, bitches