Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB8 Celebrity Big Brother 8 shown on Channel 5 from 2011.
Discuss Channel 5 Celebrity Big Brother won by Paddy Doherty.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:06 AM #26
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:

Oh, and Joe, you're the blonde in that GIF. Just to clarify.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:09 AM #27

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Gary

They have managed to get the CBB team to edit extremely well in their favour, so they always look fun,happy and cr-aaa-zy etc.......thereby leaving the rest of the housemates to look bitchy & moody

Job well done boys
G1dds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:14 AM #28

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

I have gone from finding them tolerable ,as my 6 yr old loves them, to finding them a bit creepy.I have stopped watching CBB on a regular basis because of the amount of coverage they get.This is a first for me.I don't blame jedward for this as channel 5 have decided this is they way forward for BB.IMHO if I found this type of behaviour as entertaining I would have all the chuckle brothers DVD's.

I do appreciate it's different strokes for different folk's and that we all loved BB for different reasons.I see jedward fans say "well isn't better watching them making a mess than watching others sitting around drinking coffee" Well ...no IMO.The whole concept of the BB I loved was to watch HM's,how they cope with being couped up with folks they wouldn't usually mix with in the outside world ,listen to their opinions and I loved listening to a good old bitchfest.This whole concept of the production team telling HM's what to do to provide entertainment is boring.

The only thing Jedward have done IMO that may be deserving of winning CBB is keeping up the act/show but I love CBB watching folks flaws and all.

I'll give the regular BB a shot but I don't hold out much hope.
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:19 AM #29

All they have done is wreck the place and kept up the act they went in to play.
OK they have fans but the show started all about them and its ending all about them.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:34 AM #30
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia4 View Post
All they have done is wreck the place and kept up the act they went in to play.
OK they have fans but the show started all about them and its ending all about them.
I haven't seen a single thing that has been wrecked as you say in the house, chairs and tables got damaged in previous BB series by angry housemates, they even got wrong for it, one for sitting peeling the covering off the chairs outside for instance.

As for mess.well Bobby and Lucien made a fair mess with sweets all over the place last night leaving it for others,I see you ignore that though just to say Jedward are the only ones wrecking? the place.

They are the ones when yelled at after making a mess,that got it likely cleaner than it was when they first went in.Even Darryn said he'd never seen things so clean.

No one deserves to win as such, as compared to most housemates but if energy and effort have anything to do with winning something then Jedward have shown that in abundance.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:51 PM #31

I'm not a huge Jedward fan but I think they will win & probably deserve it as much as any of the others. They have been active & entertaining. Caused some drama which is always a good thing. They don't spend loads of time just sitting around & talking about people behind their backs.
kat26 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 PM #32

Not looking forward to tomorrow night!. The fact that Jedward will walk out as winner's, is really not a good thing!

They are sooo irritating, however as soon as I knew they were going in the house i figured they would win it!

Jedward going in at the time the X Factor was back on tv, job done really!
rsefitpro2011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 PM #33

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

They have an obsessive enough original fanbase to vote for them.

They got lots of airtime, tasks etc.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:59 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

It's easier to ask what have the others done for jedward to win.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 AM #35

I stated similar in another post - for the first time ever I lost confidence in humanity for a while - simply because of the statistics posted over Jedward being victorious. Faith in humanity is now fully restored . I am all for hearing peoples views, on all sides, but I find so little justification as to why their fans find Jedward ( and I quote from sentiments I see all over) "entertaining" "intelligent" "creative" "good to their fans" I would love to comprehend what they are seeing that others are not ?

Trying to recall when I ever heard Jedward utter or do anything sensible, let alone intelligent. They don't have the ability to be articulate, nor the capability to be interested in anyone or anything around them. It all revolves around team Jedward. Never failing to let us down ( refering to when they were split into two teams) decency never prevailed enough for them to be team players. This makes them " nice lads" ? Selfish people are not deemed to be acting 'nice'.

Creative? Well, perhaps if you stuck them back in primary school ...gave them a pair of scissors each....and some crepe paper...??

Good to their fans in what regard? When they choose to portray themselves as vandals (and lets not try to whitewash when they took Amy's eyeliner without permission) ....Steal ! Talk with ridiculous American accents with semantics that don't extend beyond "ok" and "crazy" ..the list goes on as to why they are NOT good role models .

Some of us don't hate Jedward, more hate what they represent Perhaps some of us can also be forgiven for feeling justified in thinking that it is highly questionable as to what exactly you find entertaining? The ability to be witty and humourous stems from true intelligence...so it can't be that ! This leaves us with a sense of feeling that personal entertainment is gleaned purely from watching two moronic irriitants winding up all those around them. This is the exact reason the producers placed Jedward in the house. They have a job to provide ' interesting viewing' and the more controversial the better. What is truly sad is the amount of people that thrive on witnessing other peoples distress and discomfort instead of feeling sympathetic. Perhaps fans, who are so ready to attack those amongst us who find Jedwards conduct intollerable should stop and think about their own reasons for finding them entertaining...and come up with some intelligent justification for once. I won't be holding my breath !

Last edited by LivT; 09-09-2011 at 02:50 AM.
LivT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 AM #36
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

^^ You speak wise words. Glad the Jedward train crashed
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 AM #37
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivT View Post
I stated similar in another post - for the first time ever I lost confidence in humanity for a while - simply because of the statistics posted over Jedward being victorious. Faith in humanity is now fully restored . I am all for hearing peoples views, on all sides, but I find so little justification as to why their fans find Jedward ( and I quote from sentiments I see all over) "entertaining" "intelligent" "creative" "good to their fans" I would love to comprehend what they are seeing that others are not ?

Trying to recall when I ever heard Jedward utter or do anything sensible, let alone intelligent. They don't have the ability to be articulate, nor the capability to be interested in anyone or anything around them. It all revolves around team Jedward. Never failing to let us down ( refering to when they were split into two teams) decency never prevailed enough for them to be team players. This makes them " nice lads" ? Selfish people are not deemed to be acting 'nice'.

Creative? Well, perhaps if you stuck them back in primary school ...gave them a pair of scissors each....and some crepe paper...??

Good to their fans in what regard? When they choose to portray themselves as vandals (and lets not try to whitewash when they took Amy's eyeliner without permission) ....Steal ! Talk with ridiculous American accents with semantics that don't extend beyond "ok" and "crazy" ..the list goes on as to why they are NOT good role models .

Some of us don't hate Jedward, more hate what they represent Perhaps some of us can also be forgiven for feeling justified in thinking that it is highly questionable as to what exactly you find entertaining? The ability to be witty and humourous stems from true intelligence...so it can't be that ! This leaves us with a sense of feeling that personal entertainment is gleaned purely from watching two moronic irriitants winding up all those around them. This is the exact reason the producers placed Jedward in the house. They have a job to provide ' interesting viewing' and the more controversial the better. What is truly sad is the amount of people that thrive on witnessing other peoples distress and discomfort instead of feeling sympathetic. Perhaps fans, who are so ready to attack those amongst us who find Jedwards conduct intollerable should stop and think about their own reasons for finding them entertaining...and come up with some intelligent justification for once. I won't be holding my breath !

thankyou very much. I could never be arsed writing that much about them so Im grateful you took the time. You are absolutely spot on.

If you find them entertaining then you really need to be watching Cbeebies.

Last edited by Zippy; 09-09-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Could not have said it any better myself.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM #39
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Lol!

Gosh, I'd love to "crash" with half a million in my pocket (which is maybe even as much as the other HMs put together) and exposure every day for 3 weeks.

I think we will be seeing a lot more of Jedward on our TV screens in the next few years (staring with X-Factor.......... assisting Louis Walsh with judging at one stage of the competition).

Sorry if that disappoints!

CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 AM #40
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
Lol!

Gosh, I'd love to "crash" with half a million in my pocket (which is maybe even as much as the other HMs put together) and exposure every day for 3 weeks.

I think we will be seeing a lot more of Jedward on our TV screens in the next few years (staring with X-Factor.......... assisting Louis Walsh with judging at one stage of the competition).

Well thank god I have more than one channel then ^_^
Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 AM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Lol!

It doesn't disappoint me at all.!Will they be assisting Louis at some stage during X factor ?Probably.But that will only be 10 mins of the show so it will be tolerable.
Unfortunately some Jedward fans do not realise that folks that did not find them entertaining are not anti/haters..just found them annoying /fake.
They are two blokes who make money out of pretending to be children..I have no problem with that
Old 09-09-2011, 12:32 PM #42

Quote:
Lol!

Ah, don't feel obliged to apologise, Caudle. We are far from disappointed....more unsurprised, maybe.... to discover yet another fan who longs to be in Jedwards shoes. ******* a duck ! It simply speaks volumes about the sheer mentality of people, who, from millions of worthy role models choose to idolise .... ...those 'sausages' !

As for Louis Walsh. (who I like well enough, although I have more respect for Simon Cowell, who is more in-tune and seems to pay more regard to what the public truly need..not necessarily want ) He is just another ruthless buisness man who could see a gap to exploit two oddities with the potential to gain controverial acclaim, fame and money for all concerned. He was right, even negative attention is better than no attention.

Is it truly our disapointment. or our care, that a percentage of people, who's own self-worth, morals and standards get in the way of seeing that, essentially, they are condoning and supporting people within the public eye who are, without doubt, simply too weird ! Usually, people live and learn, but Jedward, they just live. How about you trying not to be disapointed that we don't all wish to shake their hands and pat them on the back for a great contribution to human society.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:38 PM #43
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

This is one of those threads that you wish you'd never put up!!

Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:39 PM #44
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

How about others realising while its right for those who dislike Jedward to not give any pats on the back to them for whatever personal reasons they have for that view but also that equally those who do really like them will and also have the right to pat them on the back from their personal view as as to them too,Without resorting to particularly vitriolic comments too.

That would be a far fairer logic and path to be on.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM #45

There are no vitriolic comments . Perhaps if you see them as so, you are simply finding a ring-of-truth to them
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 PM #46
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

I just wish they'd piss right off out of my face. Seriously, why can't they just stick to childrens TV where they clearly belong? Adults are not interested. And those who do enjoy their childish behaviour can go watch them on Cbeebies.

I honestly do not believe they could win any competition. Because a) they do not have a big fanbase b) they have too many haters. I know I go on about their album sales but it's an extremely telling point when an act with an alleged huge fanbase can only get 3000 of them to buy their album. And then fail to beat a random gypsy nobody in a TV show! They were the ones with an organised fanbase and still couldnt rally the votes. FAIL.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:03 PM #47
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

1. They are not perfect.

2. What gets classed as incestrous acts I find funny,like bathing in washing up liquid.

3. They are still nice people,just because you find them irritating doesnt mean they arent nice people.

4. There not Lucien.

5. There not Kerry.

6. There not Amy.

7. There certainly not Sweatboy.

8. Because they actually were able to wind up some of the dullest HM of all time.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:22 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Not good role models.

Anyway I think people would have loved Jedward more is if they cried 24/7 (oops im assuming there was LF then) and had romances and being a fence sitter on everything.

KRO!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:27 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
I just wish they'd piss right off out of my face. Seriously, why can't they just stick to childrens TV where they clearly belong? Adults are not interested. And those who do enjoy their childish behaviour can go watch them on Cbeebies.

I honestly do not believe they could win any competition. Because a) they do not have a big fanbase b) they have too many haters. I know I go on about their album sales but it's an extremely telling point when an act with an alleged huge fanbase can only get 3000 of them to buy their album. And then fail to beat a random gypsy nobody in a TV show! They were the ones with an organised fanbase and still couldnt rally the votes. FAIL.
Kerry also failed to beat Paddy,so what are you going to say about that?

I also suspect that C5 rigged the votes because Jedward were ****ting on Kerry everywhere that you looked,yet she beat them in the actual votes.

Seriously C5 stop it please your giving me to much enjoyment at your failed attempts at pretending to be genuine.

KRO!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM #50
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
Kerry also failed to beat Paddy,so what are you going to say about that?
well I think it's very likely they have a similar fanbase and therefore stole votes from each other. A split vote. And still the Jedward army(lol) couldn't defeat them.

I can certainly see many Kerry fans liking Paddy and maybe felt he needed the votes more. It makes sense when you think about it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
deserve, jedward, win