Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:27 AM #1
User banned

User banned

Default DMOL LCN Consultation part 2 big changes to come to freeview?

http://www.dmol.co.uk

Quote:
DMOL LCN Consultation

The first phase of the current LCN consultation was conducted in January 2011, with a statement published in April. Our thanks go to all those of you who took time to respond.

The second phase of this consultation is now under way. Our aims for this phase are:

Firstly, to ensure that the consultation process itself is clear and transparent, allowing full and constructive engagement from all interested parties; and
Secondly, to ensure that it provides a full and robust evidence base for a review of both the current LCN structure, and the DMOL LCN Policy, so that any changes to either the current LCN line-up or the LCN Policy that are put forward in the consultation document are clearly explained and well supported.
As part of our work towards the publication of the second consultation document we are therefore conducting some detailed consumer research, and will be gathering together evidence on the channel impacts of LCN changes.

Whatever the outcome of the consumer research and channel impact analysis, we are clear that the DTT LCN listings and DMOL LCN Policy must meet four objectives:

To provide DTT viewers with an EPG ordering that gives them the best overall experience of the DTT platform.
To provide the DTT platform’s channel providers with appropriate certainty for their investments in the DTT platform.
To provide for the medium-term evolution of the platform over the next two to four years.
To always ensure that LCNs are allocated in an objectively justifiable and Fair, Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory (FRND) manner; observing s.310 of The Communications Act (2003), which requires appropriate prominence to be accorded to services listed in section 310(4); and the Ofcom EPG Code.
Since it is our priority to ensure that there is a full and robust evidence base for the second phase of the consultation, we will be spending the Autumn conducting the necessary research and analysis, and plan to publish the consultation document in early 2012. We expect any changes arising from the consultation process to take effect during Spring 2012.

In the meantime if you have any questions about the consultation process, or would like to share data and evidence that might be helpful to us as we develop the consultation, please contact us at consultation@dmol.co.uk
I found it 1st that will trick the whole of DS and d2015 & ray c

Last edited by michael21; 04-10-2011 at 10:28 AM.
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 AM #2

So what's the significance ?
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 AM #3
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omah View Post
So what's the significance ?
well the channel will get move around the EPG and i hope all the shopping channel get put in a block together at the end of the EPG so the better channel cane be higher up on the EPG
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:04 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael21 View Post
well the channel will get move around the EPG and i hope all the shopping channel get put in a block together at the end of the EPG so the better channel cane be higher up on the EPG
OK thanks .....
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big, consultation, dmol, freeview, lcn, part