Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Old 18-10-2011, 08:27 AM #1
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
Default Alex and Tom think they can cruise their way into the final..

and they're probably right unless we get the whole house up. C'mon BB give us the chance to get rid of their entertainment free game plans
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 10:31 AM #2
Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

Amapoa Belíssima

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
CBB 13: Liz Jones

As if Alex would be evicted if the whole house was up.
Chuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 10:34 AM #3
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Alex wouldn't be evicted if the whole house was up. And why do people forget that the housmates do a lot more than we actually see? C5 use very selective editing of 24 hours footage to use for a 50 minute show..

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 10:36 AM #4

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Alex and Tom are the most boring ones in there, and don't deserve to get anywhere near the final. But they'll probably both make the final, and Alex will probably win
Old 18-10-2011, 10:41 AM #5

The HM's need to nominate them so they are put up for eviction.However they seem not to be interested in doing that.There lies the threat.
Bojangles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 10:44 AM #6

I think if Alex was up she might lose against Jay (split Geordie vote) and he's got a massive fanbase who realise they need to up their game in the wake of the Aaron/Faye victory.

Sadly, by playing the little lamb role NOBODY will dare nominate Alex (only Maisy continued to do so). Harry is very fond of her, Aaron sees through her airhead game plan but plays along with it, Tom and Louise genuinely see her as a good mate, Anton is only ever nice to Alex (I think he sees her as a substitute little sister who he misses and the only act of kindness he's done is with her), Jem loves playing along with her and Tom and of course Jay would never betray a fellow Geordie (he'd sooner nominate Anton than her). Alex is nomination-proof from here on to the final.

Last edited by alex_front2; 18-10-2011 at 10:47 AM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 10:53 AM #7

Alex has the show won, unless she does something reallllly bad, and it would have to be really bad for her to not win now!

I disagree that Jays got a massive fan base, yes he had a lot cheering him on eviction night, but lets face it other than that I havent seen much evidence to suggest he has alot of support!

Last edited by rsefitpro2011; 18-10-2011 at 10:53 AM.
rsefitpro2011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 10:55 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
BB18: Ellie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruit_cake View Post
and they're probably right unless we get the whole house up. C'mon BB give us the chance to get rid of their entertainment free game plans
I welcome the whole house being up.

Alex coming first in the vote numbers would put a rocket up the arse of Jay, Aaron et al and be worth watching.

And Fruit, just because you don't find something entertaining does not mean other don't. Watching last night's show I personally didn't find anything 'entertaining' in the soundtracked fauxmances , but I get some folks lap that nonsense up.
Old 18-10-2011, 10:59 AM #9
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesavius View Post
And Fruit, just because you don't find something entertaining does not mean other don't. Watching last night's show I personally didn't find anything 'entertaining' in the soundtracked fauxmances , but I get some folks lap that nonsense up.
It's not that I don't like Alex, I think she's a ok, I could personally get on fine with her I think but I think she is also highly manipulative! C'mon this isn't someone who just appeared from out of the cabbage patch she's been wanting this for her whole life. She's the biggest game player of all imo

It's just find them both really boring , If Tom goes it might kick her into life when she finds herself alone in the house.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:18 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's not that I don't like Alex, I think she's a ok, I could personally get on fine with her I think but I think she is also highly manipulative! C'mon this isn't someone who just appeared from out of the cabbage patch she's been wanting this for her whole life. She's the biggest game player of all imo

It's just find them both really boring , If Tom goes it might kick her into life when she finds herself alone in the house.
1. It's a gameshow so gameplaying is fine.

2. Aaron and Faye are BOTH playing a game. They all are. No one can criticise one HM for doing so and pretend others arnt.

3. I don't agree she is 'highly manipulative' at all, especially against HMs like Aaron. Can you provide examples?

4. Yes, I get that you find her boring, you keep saying it, but others do not (me included). Others find her funny, charming, and great to watch in the little screen time the edit suite gives her (when the show isnt being drowned in the fauxmances).

5. Alex will never be alone in that house. Everyone loves her and she has bonded with everyone.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:24 AM #11
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
3. I don't agree she is 'highly manipulative' at all, especially against HMs like Aaron. Can you provide examples?
she's going around each housemate playing mother Teresa..pretending to be there for them when really she's thinking she's got the £100k cheque already cashed in the bank.

They all have gameplans true, but people like Arron and Faye aren't afraid to talk about their gameplans, and we can enjoy watching them succeed or fail, whereas Alex is a closed book who just pretends to be so innocent and sweet.

Wakey wakey, rise and SHINE..There are no innocent sweet people in the BB house. By it's very nature it attracts game players and attention *****s!!

in my view of course.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:25 AM #12

Alex adds very little to the show. She sits back and is nothing more than a passenger. If you are serious about winning £100K then that's exactly what you should do and that puts a bad message out to future contestants. I would never have picked her as a HM, I know not everyone can be a firebrand, but you can be entertaining without being a big mouth. I hated Dave BB11 last year, but his crazy phoney priest-hood ways got me talking at least.

Alex is the '7th' girl and the producers should have picked a 7th girl who was intelligent (sexy and good looking sure, but smart). There's little to differentiate Alex from Tashie and Louise. Why have a week 1 Boys v Girls brain task when ALL the girls are air heads led by Alex and hardly likely to win and most of the boys (bar Jay) are either quite smart of have set foot in a University (Harry runs businesses, Tom, Aaron and Mark are Uni drop outs at least, Anton well we all know how intelligent he is!). I hate how female housemates no longer contribute to humour other than being thick, 'oh let's all laugh at how dizzy and dumb Alex is' whilst the men come up with the one liners and pranks.

Alex's passivity really just irritates as she's coasting and I prefer evil people to dull do-nothing coasters who only win as they become a 'stop X ie Aaron' protest vote. In fact I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that i'd rather even Jay *aghast* won over alex. Yes, really.

Last edited by alex_front2; 18-10-2011 at 11:30 AM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 11:27 AM #13
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
she's going around each housemate playing mother Teresa..pretending to be there for them when really she's thinking she's got the £100k cheque already cashed in the bank.

They all have gameplans true, but people like Arron and Faye aren't afraid to talk about their gameplans, and we can enjoy watching them succeed or fail, whereas Alex is a closed book who just pretends to be so innocent and sweet.

Wakey wakey, rise and SHINE..There are no innocent sweet people in the BB house. By it's very nature it attracts game players and attention *****s!!

in my view of course.
Wow, what a negative view of BB you have, and you call yourself a fan?

There are innocent people who go in there for the experience and just to have fun, but even if they do want to win, so, it's a game like you said, that's what you do in a game, try and win.

But just because Alex doesn't want to disclose everything to the housmates, like who she nominated, doesn't mean she is manipulative, it means she isn't comfortable to share that info.

And also, you hate Alex for being manipulative yet Rebeckah was your fave this year who was by far the most viscous and manipulative housemate. Go figure.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Last edited by Benjamin; 18-10-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:32 AM #14
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
Wow, what a negative view of BB you have, and you call yourself a fan?

There are innocent people who go in there for the experience and just to have fun, but even if they do want to win, so, it's a game like you said, that's what you do in a game, try and win.

But just because Alex doesn't want to disclose everything to the housmates, like who she nominated, doesn't mean she is manipulative, it means she isn't comfortable to share that info.

And also, you hate Alex for being manipulative yet Rebeckah was your fave this year who was by far the most viscous and manipulative housemate. Go figure.
I don't hate Alex at all don't talk such nonsense.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:34 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So one of your big issues with her is that she is popular and liked and others want to confide in her?

God forbid someone like THAT should win the prize eh?

(This is really your basis for her being 'manipulative'? And yet you don't think someone like Aaron is? ok... )

Quote:
Faye repeatedly denies she is playing the game entirely. This makes her more of a liar then Alex.

Aaron repeatedly criticises others for playing the game, elevating himself to the top of an ivory tower, making him a hyppocrite.

Quote:
Well, this is patronising...

What part of what I wrote here before suggests that she isnt playing to win? In fact, I wrote they ALL are playing to win.

Not really needed tbh Fruit.

Last edited by vesavius; 18-10-2011 at 11:37 AM.
vesavius is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 11:34 AM #16
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Alex will be in final no matter what happens Tom wont be IMO
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 11:37 AM #17
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

Alex is basically enjoying herself in there, fair play if she wants to reach the final because it's a gameshow for crying out loud.

I personally prefer to watch her over most of the others, oh God how all the forums will explode if she denies St Aaron winning the show.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 11:40 AM #18
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
So one of your big issues with her is that she is popular and liked and others want to confide in her?

God forbid someone like THAT should win the prize eh?

(This is really your basis for her being 'manipulative'? And yet you don't think someone like Aaron is? ok... )

Faye repeatedly denies she is playing the game entirely. This makes her more of a liar then Alex.

Aaron repeatedly criticises others for playing the game, elevating himself to the top of an ivory tower, making him a hyppocrite.

Well, this is patronising...

What part of what I wrote here before suggests that she isnt playing to win? In fact, I wrote they ALL are playing to win.

Not really needed tbh Fruit.
well on the one hand Alex is supposed to be all nice and caring but on the other hand she wants to cash in the £100k cheque.. those two things are a conflict of interests in my opinion.

I like Alex as a person and would get on with her, but this image the Alex fans are painting of a 'sweet innocent caring wonderful etc' girl isn't washing with me I'm afraid. I'd much rather see her start taking part in the game instead of playing poor me the only way I can win is by not being controversial
Old 18-10-2011, 11:42 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
This is the TiBB forum Turtle, we should know by now that it isn't WHAT is done that outrages people, it is WHO does it.

Folks love their double standards here.

People singling Alex for being 'manipulative' is utterly ridiculous in a house with Jay, Aaron, Anton et al in it, but I guess she is the barrier to their faves winning and they need to scrabble for what they can get.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM #20
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This is the TiBB forum Turtle, we should know by now that it isn't WHAT is done that outrages people, it is WHO does it.

Folks love their double standards here.

People singling Alex for being 'manipulative' is utterly ridiculous in a house with Jay, Aaron, Anton et al in it, but I guess she is the barrier to their faves winning and they need to scrabble for what they can get.
Alex is a big threat to Faye, that's absolutely true, but we Faye fans are the first to admit our own personal game plans!
Old 18-10-2011, 11:45 AM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
well on the one hand Alex is supposed to be all nice and caring but on the other hand she wants to cash in the £100k cheque.. those two things are a conflict of interests in my opinion.
eh what? You can't be nice and want the cheque? Is that what your saying?

If so, I really do not agree.

Quote:
I like Alex as a person and would get on with her, but this image the Alex fans are painting of a 'sweet innocent caring wonderful etc' girl isn't washing with me I'm afraid. I'd much rather see her start taking part in the game instead of playing poor me the only way I can win is by not being controversial
Look, you call her a game player, and then you accuse her of not 'taking part in the game'....

Which is it?
Old 18-10-2011, 11:48 AM #22
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

well her game plan is to not take part in the game as much as is possible, seems to me at least

Last edited by fruit_cake; 18-10-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 18-10-2011, 11:57 AM #23
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:

She does take part in the game. Every task she goes into it full throttle, never complains, nor whinges, nor does she give up or refuse to take part or sabotage it unlike various other housemates.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 18-10-2011, 12:04 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
well her game plan is to not take part in the game as much as is possible, seems to me at least
I don't agree, obviously, but saying I did... That would still mean she is playing the game right? It would just mean that her tactics in playing it are superior to the others who are up constantly. That alone would mean, by the victory conditions of BB, that she would 'deserve' to win.

Like I say, you personally not find her entertaining, thats a valid subjective opinion, but thats really all you have. Everything else you have said in this thread is starting to seem a little bit of a scrabble to find reasons to post negatively about her.
Old 18-10-2011, 12:15 PM #25
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

I'm not really posting 'negatively' about Alex at all really, I guess the Alex fan's are reading more into what I say than I am saying and deep down they don't really believe in her.

Faye makes mistakes, Faye lives and dies by them and the same could be said for Anton, Arron, Jay and Harry - those are this years real housemates in my opinion.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alex, cruise, final, tom