Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 23-06-2006, 02:17 PM #76

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Thanks Laura
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 02:54 PM #77

There's no sign of it on the website sorry about the quality of this had to do it on my camera as my scanner is broken
rachb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 03:16 PM #78

its sooo bad. they were great together but if they werent happy its for the best
babybay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 03:16 PM #79

oh thanks rach!!
babybay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 01:30 PM #80
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

Thanks rachb.

I guess the curse of Hello! strikes again...........
cc100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 01:46 PM #81

Thanks rachb.

Is it a posed photo, or taken through the window?

She looks lovely.
miss little glitzee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 07:06 PM #82

She is still wearing her friendship ring which Paul bought her
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 08:34 PM #83
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

I noticed that too.

Theres a little piece in this weeks TVQuick. Ill scan it in when I can get to my scanner.
Old 25-06-2006, 03:33 PM #84

Looks like it was taken through the window of the salon by 'a passer by'. So glad she is still wearing that ring.

Am trying to persuade OH that it would be nice idea to take the mums for a little trip to Portishead next Sunday afternoon. Now I wonder what made me think of that kind gesture? They can sit by the sea and watch the ships go past, whilst I sit and ...............
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 04:40 PM #85

Whilst you parade back and forth in front of the salon window
Old 25-06-2006, 05:20 PM #86
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Sorry, but after 5 years BB2 has finally ended
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 07:24 PM #87
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird
Whilst you parade back and forth in front of the salon window
I back this move!

Although I think you may be right, Sticks........
Old 25-06-2006, 07:28 PM #88

Nice to see that she still has the ring.

I guess true love takes a while to fade and die? Or does it mean something more?

Is there still hope?

As much as I like Helen, I always thought she was quite fickle and stubborn. Maybe she just needs time away from him to realise that she still needs him?
miss little glitzee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 05:28 PM #89

No excuses for saying a little more on this.

Spotted this article on msn today about how and why we fall in and out of love.

H&P please read and inwardly digest!!

Why does the spark of chemistry disappear over time? No longer tearing each other’s clothes off every time you meet? You might fear your love is dying, but it’s actually just transforming into something you can handle for the long run. “The calming of passion in a relationship is actually a survival trait,” says Dr. Fisher. “When you’re courting, you do things that are very taxing to your mind and body: You talk until dawn, you forget to go to work, you forget to call your friends, you forget to feed the dog, you dash off and spend all of your money in Paris. If you were to live the next twenty years in that state, you’d certainly die of exhaustion!” Settling into a calmer place can, you see, be a very good thing.

Old 27-06-2006, 12:40 PM #90

OMG, I cannot believe what I'm reading! I haven't logged in for a very long time, although I've checked this place out every now and then to check if helen & Paul have gotten married yet, which is why I came by today. And instead of that kind of news, I find out they have separated!?! I thought they were made for each other, I can't believe they broke up. This is so sad, so incredibly utterly sad!

Sometimes broken-up couples realize they can't live without each other, we can always hope that is the case with these two!
Maxine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 02:23 PM #91
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Romantic Old Bird
No excuses for saying a little more on this.

Spotted this article on msn today about how and why we fall in and out of love.

H&P please read and inwardly digest!!

Why does the spark of chemistry disappear over time? No longer tearing each other’s clothes off every time you meet? You might fear your love is dying, but it’s actually just transforming into something you can handle for the long run. “The calming of passion in a relationship is actually a survival trait,” says Dr. Fisher. “When you’re courting, you do things that are very taxing to your mind and body: You talk until dawn, you forget to go to work, you forget to call your friends, you forget to feed the dog, you dash off and spend all of your money in Paris. If you were to live the next twenty years in that state, you’d certainly die of exhaustion!” Settling into a calmer place can, you see, be a very good thing.

A very good find there ROB.

But, I guess they just dont want to be together any longer and we must accept it and move on hoping they find happiness elsewhere.
Old 27-06-2006, 03:59 PM #92

Good find there ROB - I remember finding some time ago an astrology item and their birth dates worked out that they were soul mates and made for each other.

You never know CC 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'. I live in hope that these two will realise loving someone can be just as exciting as being in love with someone. If you lived your life with someone in the same way you feel during those heady first few months, you wouldnt survive!!! Love changes all the time and, if you are lucky, you find your best friend and soul mate who your life would be incomplete without.
Old 27-06-2006, 04:32 PM #93
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Sorry this is all whistling in the wind. Even if Helen did change her mind, would Paul still be interested.

The sceptics were right all along
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 08:29 PM #94

OK, i've been a huge Helen and Paul fan since BB2, i have followed their romance also from the beginning. Helen did not dump Paul, it was a mutual decision made because they discovered they wanted different things in life. My husband works with Paul and has had several conversations with him over this in recent weeks, and told me about the split the night before it appeared in Heat magazine, they have sold their house now, and are both moving on, but they are and always will be a big part of eachothers lives.
petes_twitch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 10:28 PM #95

Hello and welcome 'Petes twitch'.

Thankyou for your post. It was kind of you to take the time to post and I am happy you were there to speak for and defend them both.

I didn't think for a minute that Helen had 'dumped' Paul, or vice versa. I always have and always will think they are both lovely people. We are all just terribly sad that their very sweet and touching love story should, well - sort of fizzle out.

I understand the problems that being in the public eye have made, particularly for Paul. I think he realised how private a person he was when he came out of the house. It's something he obviously regrets taking part in, at least to some extent.

What is particularly sad and ironic is that the continued interest in them and their relationship was because they were recognised as just two fairly ordinary, honest and decent young people during their time together in the house. We shared their developing feelings and watched their bond grow. It was a beautiful experience and I for one always felt privileged to have witnessed it.

Most of us on here who have been following their progress so avidly just want them to be happy. We really thought their future was together and as silly as it seems, we are grieving for the end of their love affair.

I am pleased they still have a warm and close relationshp, but the change is hard to comprehend. If they are destined to just be friends, I hope that friendship can survive the introduction of new loves into their lives. What an enormously daunting prospect for anyone becoming a partner with the incredibly strong presence of either one of them in the background.

I am trying to become the disinterested party that I know Paul particularly wants us all to be. It will take time though. The reason strangers talk to him is because we feel we know them both, and more importantly, because we really care about them. Paul feels like my third son, and Helen the girl I would love for him to have brought home.

My love and very best wishes for the future go to them both.
I hope they have some way of knowing how much we care, and that our interest was motivated purely by our affection and regard for them.
Old 27-06-2006, 11:06 PM #96

They wanted different things in life and that took 5 years to find out. Mmmmmmm. There are more questions than answers.....That is one answer I would not accept for one moment......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 08:51 AM #97

Hi and Welcome Pete's twitch
I suppose we all have to get used to them being apart but I still find it hard to remember.We've all put so much time and effort into supoorting them over the last 5 years that it's become like a habit.The most important thing is that they are happy but I do think for a while anyway it will be hard for either of them to form new relationships without it getting attention and I hope they are both ok with that.
There's a spotted of Paul in Heat this week

Helen Adams' ex Paul Clarke chatting to a brunette at the News Cafe in Puerto Banus,Spain during a lad's holiday.

rachb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-06-2006, 09:46 AM #98

Thanks for the post Pete's twitch. It is nice that you took the time to give us information 'from the horse's mouth so to speak'.

I think we all feel that we hope that our continuing interest in the pair was not the main cause of the break up. I for one was glued to my set in 2001, not because I wanted to see the 'will they wont they' story happen, but because I felt privileged to see two people gradually falling in love and dealing with the problems that involved. I admired them so much particularly how they dealt with things when they both left the house.

For me Paul was always a second son and Helen the girl he brought home, or Helen a second daughter and Paul the boy she brought home. All I ever wanted, and want, is for them to be happy and if that is apart then so be it. I must admit I felt like I did when my son broke up with his girlfriend of three and a half years, sad that something that was so good came to an end.

One of my best memories is of meeting Helen a couple of years ago. She was so friendly and open and gushing about Paul. It was like talking to a friend. In fact it was difficult to get a word in - that girl can talk for Wales. She never gave anyone she spoke to on that day the idea that they were intruding. She seemed amazed that people were interested.

I just hope that the media gives them the chance to grieve for the end of their relationship and for them to be happy in the future.

As for me there will always be a place in my heart for them both. I wish them all the luck in the world.

As for Rach's post - will be getting little snippets like this all the time now. It is going to be difficult for them to move on without the press jumping on what could be an innocent conversation. I would rather hear nothing than items like this.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:14 PM #99
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

The thing that I struggle to understand is that Helen appeared on that BB Love Stories show in May (which, presumably was filmed near that time) where she was gushing about Paul in her usual way, but then in June we hear news of the split and that theyve sold their flat- a bit too sudden, if you know what I mean? How long does it take to sell a property, find two new flats and even move to Bristol?

I do feel for Helen reading that snippet from Heat. Im afraid boys are different to girls in this sense. Boys tend to get over relationships quicker and look for new partners quicker than girls. Although Im sure Helen will have no shortage of offers or problems finding a new boy, its hard to imagine them with others.

I think we are going to see a lot of these 'spotted' stories over the coming months.

As for us being to blame- I really dont think 'we' here on this forum contributed to this. Maybe the pressure of people recognising them rather than them being in the press. Helen is still regarded as a pretty big celeb in Wales still and I imagine she would love that. So I think locally they were celebs and maybe got more coverage in the local press. We only really discussed them on here when they did a Heat interview or a telly appearance. I doubt they would have been to bothered by us talking about them- probably flattered if anything.

Helen was always the 'star' in the relationship. It was pretty clear in the early telly appearances by Paul that he was uncomfortable in those situations, wheras Helen seemed to love it.

As for Helen being 'fickle'- I think thats terribly harsh! How can you say that? Im sure shes had many offers over the years she was with Paul, but stayed loyal.
Old 29-06-2006, 02:55 AM #100

The reasons for the split thus far mentioned I believe is nothing more than a diversion. The truth is out there but is not for our or public ears........

I believe there is still a lot of loyalty between the two of them and that is the reason we will not be told the real reason...Or for that matter neither will friends be told the real reason.

It does not repeat does not take 5 years to find out people want different things in life...Like I said just a diversion...
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
helen, paul, split