Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Was the Big Man right or wrong to throw the boy off the train?
Right 23 56.10%
Right
23 56.10%
Wrong 18 43.90%
Wrong
18 43.90%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-12-2011, 07:50 PM #51
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
No, but as someone's already mentioned in this thread...we all make mistakes, and falling asleep on public transport is certainly not uncommon. But of course you've never made a mistake have you? Forgot about that...

I don't really understand your example completely, because if I couldn't find my receipt, and I'd lost it, I would find it extremely rude if somebody automatically assumed I was therefore some sort of thief, calling me one and hauling me out of the shop instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt until it was investigated properly. Jumping to conclusions is what it would be called. Innocent until proven guilty, no? That's if I've understood your example correctly.
Oh I make mistakes. Difference is, I try to learn from them.

it's not rocket science. You buy a train ticket, have it to hand ready for inspection. Therefore he WAS guilty of not being able to do so. Of that it is very clear to see.

if you cannot producesaid ticket when asked - don't act like a smart arse, don't be a gobshi*te about it, don't curse and swear when you are asked to produce said ticket, and don't get a smarearse when you are asked to got off the train...... : Instead.... learn from your mistakes.

As I said earlier, it's guys like this teenage yobbo, that give others in their generation a bad name.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:50 PM #52
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
No, but as someone's already mentioned in this thread...we all make mistakes, and falling asleep on public transport is certainly not uncommon. But of course you've never made a mistake have you? Forgot about that...

I don't really understand your example completely, because if I couldn't find my receipt, and I'd lost it, I would find it extremely rude if somebody automatically assumed I was therefore some sort of thief, calling me one and hauling me out of the shop instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt until it was investigated properly. Jumping to conclusions is what it would be called. Innocent until proven guilty, no? That's if I've understood your example correctly.
Oh I make mistakes. Difference is, I try to learn from them.

it's not rocket science. You buy a train ticket, have it to hand ready for inspection. Therefore he WAS guilty of not being able to do so. Of that it is very clear to see.

if you cannot produce said ticket when asked - don't act like a smart arse, don't be a gobshi*te about it, don't curse and swear when you are asked to produce said ticket, and don't get a smarearse when you are asked to got off the train...... : Instead.... learn from your mistakes.

As I said earlier, it's guys like this teenage yobbo, that give others in their generation a bad name.
Old 13-12-2011, 07:55 PM #53
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

You do have to have your ticket ready for inspection at all times travelling on train or bus, so the lad should have made sure he had that.

I am with Snowball(Pyramid*) and Bethlehem(Jedward fever), on this issue totally.

Last edited by joeysteele; 13-12-2011 at 07:55 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 07:56 PM #54
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
You're not getting my point IMO its just a misunderstanding and he actually did have a ticket he just didnt show the old fella the right one

Again you're not getting what im saying..its nobodys fault its a mistake
Whatever ...in a few days hopefully everyone will know the truth
If the kid was in the wrong the whole time he should of left and he should apologise as should Big Man
If the kid was in the right the ticket dude should get fired and Big Man sued to ****

You have no relevant point imo.

The guy was unable to produce, when asked, his ticket.

That IS his fault. HIS alone.

The Big Man did the right thing. Anyone being abusive, verbally or otherwise, and failing to comply with the regulations of said train company upon which all passengers are expected to adhere to (which yobba was failing to do), and abusing and employee of the company, quite simply deserved what he got.

I'm so glad I live in Scotland - at least we don't put up with this kind of pish as I said earlier and don't take the nambie pampie approach.

I bet yer laddo will make sure he's always got his ticket to hand in the future. That, my friend, is called learning his lesson.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 13-12-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:00 PM #55
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
You have no relevant point imo.

The guy was unable to produce, when asked, his ticket.

That IS his fault. HIS alone.

The Big Man did the right thing. Anyone being abusive, verbally or otherwise, and failing to comply with the regulations of said train company upon which all passengers are expected to adhere to (which yobba was failing to do), and abusing and employee of the company, quite simply deserved what he got.

I'm so glad I live in Scotland - at least we don't put up with this kind of pish as I said earlier and don't take the nambie pampie approach.

I bet yer laddo will make sure he's always got his ticket to hand in the future. That, my friend, is called learning his lesson.
The kid says in the video that hes given the old guy the ticket he says ''IVE GIVEN YOU THE ****ING TICKET'' ... he thinks hes given him the right one but it obviously wasent and if i was him and i was accused of doing something that i didnt do i'd be pissed off and give out if i was asked to leave the train for which i paid for..
like i said before everyone is so quick to judge him based on a 2 minute clip..wait until all the facts are out before jumping to conclusions
innocent until proven guilty
Old 13-12-2011, 08:00 PM #56
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Surely that'd technically get classed as assault?
Nope.

He was asked to leave, he was unable to provide proof of payment for his journey. He was unable to.

He became verbally abusive to an employee of the rail company. He also failed to follow the request of an employee who is there to enforce the conditions of passenger carriage for the rail company. It is therefore fine that he was removed from said train, with force if he refused to leave. That is ALL that happened.

No assault on the yobbo.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:01 PM #57
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
The kid says in the video that hes given the old guy the ticket he says ''IVE GIVEN YOU THE ****ING TICKET'' ... he thinks hes given him the right one but it obviously wasent and if i was him and i was accused of doing something that i didnt do i'd be pissed off and give out if i was asked to leave the train for which i paid for..
like i said before everyone is so quick to judge him based on a 2 minute clip..wait until all the facts are out before jumping to conclusions
innocent until proven guilty
A 19 year old is regarded as an adult. Not a kid.

He gives the conductor an invalid ticket: therefore when he states (abusively) that "''IVE GIVEN YOU THE ****ING TICKET'' - yobbo was WRONG. The only guilty one is the yobbo who was unable to produce something he was asked for as proof of payment.

Simple.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 13-12-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:04 PM #58
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

He gives the conductor an invalid ticket: therefore when he states (abusively) that "''IVE GIVEN YOU THE ****ING TICKET'' - yobbo was WRONG.

Simple.
He was totally in the wrong and invited more trouble for himself by refusing to leave and 'not' presenting a valid ticket either.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 08:07 PM #59
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Quote:

He gives the conductor an invalid ticket: therefore when he states (abusively) that "''IVE GIVEN YOU THE ****ING TICKET'' - yobbo was WRONG. The only guilty one is the yobbo who was unable to produce something he was asked for as proof of payment.

Simple.
I know he's an adult its just easier to call him 'kid' instead of 'the 19 year old'
Are you not listening to what im saying?
If what the kid is saying is true , at the time he thought he gave him the right ticket but the conducter wasent having any of it..anyone in his position would get pissed off especially if he was woken up because of it
Yes he was wrong butnI think its just a honest mistake and thats that
Old 13-12-2011, 08:09 PM #60
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Nope.

He was asked to leave, he was unable to provide proof of payment for his journey. He was unable to.

He became verbally abusive to an employee of the rail company. He also failed to follow the request of an employee who is there to enforce the conditions of passenger carriage for the rail company. It is therefore fine that he was removed from said train, with force if he refused to leave. That is ALL that happened.

No assault on the yobbo.
Not by the other passenger who threw him off, he wasn't. He was basically acting as a vigilante, and whilst I understand the frustrations of the other passengers with the kid for holding up their journey, they have no right whatsoever to use any kind of physical force on him, let alone that much. In fact he literally jumps at the chance: "Do you want me to get him off the train?" he doesn't even ask the kid to move, just grabs him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 08:11 PM #61
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

A couple of weeks back I missed my train, got on a different one at a different time going to a different place, used my old ticket and the conductor couldn't care less, this guy seems like the annoying kind of person who takes a really menial job far too seriously. I didn't real all 3 pages but it does seem a bit harsh to me, but then I've also had it where my train got delayed for half an hour because some stupid woman got on as it was leaving and she didn't have a ticket but went and locked herself in the toilet, wouldn't have minded seeing her chucked off
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 08:13 PM #62
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Bloody hell why do some people on here always want to take the soft lefty apporach? the guy didnt show the ticket to the conductor so its not anybodys fault really as they assumed he hadnt got his ticket,while the 19 year old made a mistake with the ticket,but the 19 year old did start to disrupt the train so I can understand why they chucked him off the train.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 08:13 PM #63
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

It's always annoying when there's no conductor to check your ticket... you just think you could have saved the money

Quote:

Old 13-12-2011, 08:14 PM #64
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
I know he's an adult its just easier to call him 'kid' instead of 'the 19 year old'
Are you not listening to what im saying?
If what the kid is saying is true , at the time he thought he gave him the right ticket but the conducter wasent having any of it..anyone in his position would get pissed off especially if he was woken up because of it
Yes he was wrong butnI think its just a honest mistake and thats that
No, it makes it 'sound' better to call him a kid..... because it gives a very false impression.

The conductor is paid to do a job. He was doing it.

The yobbo boyo couldn't do something more simple: show the ticket.

His fault. End of.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:15 PM #65
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Innocent until proven guilty. End of.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:16 PM #66
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethlehem View Post
Bloody hell why do some people on here always want to take the soft lefty apporach?
oh lord are we really resorting to Daily Mail speak? (i'm aware this is a comment of the exact same calibre)

Quote:
so I can understand why they chucked him off the train.
they, however, should have been the police or transport security, not a total random passenger, that's the only point I'm making. I'd totally understand if the film was of him being physically removed by police, but it's the fact that it's someone with no legal position to do it that's (obviously.... sometimes I feel like I'm arguing with kindergarten children) unjust.

Quote:

Old 13-12-2011, 08:17 PM #67
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
It's always annoying when there's no conductor to check your ticket... you just think you could have saved the money
Yeah I always think that, I reckon a lot of the time if you're only going one stop you can easily get away without needing a ticket unless you're in a coach near to where the conductor comes out
Old 13-12-2011, 08:18 PM #68
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

They usually only come up and down (depending on how many carriages there are, too) once every 4 stops in my experience, and that's the most frequent.

Quote:

Old 13-12-2011, 08:18 PM #69
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
A couple of weeks back I missed my train, got on a different one at a different time going to a different place, used my old ticket and the conductor couldn't care less, this guy seems like the annoying kind of person who takes a really menial job far too seriously. I didn't real all 3 pages but it does seem a bit harsh to me, but then I've also had it where my train got delayed for half an hour because some stupid woman got on as it was leaving and she didn't have a ticket but went and locked herself in the toilet, wouldn't have minded seeing her chucked off
How utterly patronising.... at least the conductor is out earning a crust..... and most probably has been doing so all his working life. Unlike many others. I wonder what other jobs you regard as menial....... I think you will find that most people in menial jobs, actually keep this country running.........

Funny you moan all the same though when it affected you and you'd have been happy to see the woman who was on your train chucked off.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 13-12-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:26 PM #70
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
How utterly patronising.... at least the conductor is out earning a crust..... and most probably has been doing so all his working life. Unlike many others. I wonder what other jobs you regard as menial....... I think you will find that most people in menial jobs, actually keep this country running.........

Funny you moan all the same though when it affected you and you'd have been happy to see the woman who was on your train chucked off.
Don't be silly, I love conductors.. when they don't take their jobs too seriously. In my case I had spent £30 for a ticket, I'm damned if I'm then going to splash out another £50 for another ticket for almost the same journey because I missed my train by literally 30 seconds, and the conductor recognised that and didn't have a problem. Those who actually enforce this "YOU MUST HAVE A VALID TICKET FOR THIS EXACT TIME" rule are assholes however.

And yes because she was delaying me and causing a racket
Old 13-12-2011, 08:29 PM #71
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

I'm glad he was thrown off.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:29 PM #72
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
But we dont know if the kid was in the wrong at all
If i was him and i bought a ticket and was accused of trying to get a free ride i wouldnt leave, i'd tell the old guy to **** off and stay where i am
For all we know thats what happened and this big ****er thinks its his place to physically throw the kid out and then gets APPLAUDED makes me sick
It could just be a huge misunderstanding and at the end of the day they should of let the proper authorities deal with it
Stop referring to him as a kid. He is a nineteen year old MAN.

What makes me sick are all the bleeding hearts, wringing their hands and boo hooing about a law breaker.

He was asked for his ticket, he produced a single for a return journey. Then he refused to get off. Why the hell should he get a free ride? If he's too stupid to get himself home he shouldn't have been out on his own. The onus is not on the conductor to prove he was fare dodging, it was on the passenger to produce his ticket. Public transport is not a charity, if he didn't have the fair he shouldn't have travelled, or found some other way of getting where he was going. It's what real people do.

The bloke who threw him off the train had paid and had to sit there while the train was stationary because the freeloading moron was refusing to get off.

Good on the bloke for chucking him off. If I'd been at work all day and had to wait for a freeloader, I'd have applauded him throwing him off too.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 08:31 PM #73
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Don't be silly, I love conductors.. when they don't take their jobs too seriously. In my case I had spent £30 for a ticket, I'm damned if I'm then going to splash out another £50 for another ticket for almost the same journey because I missed my train by literally 30 seconds, and the conductor recognised that and didn't have a problem. Those who actually enforce this "YOU MUST HAVE A VALID TICKET FOR THIS EXACT TIME" rule are assholes however.

And yes because she was delaying me and causing a racket
I'm not being silly.

This is what you stated.
Quote:
this guy seems like the annoying kind of person who takes a really menial job far too seriously
What do you think his job is then?

What do you think the purpose is of a Train Conductor/Inspector is....... just wander up and down carriages to waste time and be paid for it?

Whether you regard his job as menial or otherwise far less whether you think he was taking it too seriously, THAT IS the man's job.The man WAS doing his job - the job he is paid to do.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:32 PM #74
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):

Read over my other replies Livia i cant be arsed to start up debating all over again
Old 13-12-2011, 08:32 PM #75

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

The twerp got what he deserved IMO.

If you don't pay, you don't get away.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags