Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 20-08-2002, 08:58 PM #1

Default Article on Jonny

Just been surfing and found this article in today's Hartlepool Mail :

BIG CHANCES FOR BIG BROTHER STAR

THE BRIGHT lights could soon be beckoning for Big Brother contestant Jonny Regan.

Since leaving the famous TV house the Trimdon joker has been overwhelmed by his fame and popularity.
Now, the Peterlee-based firefighter is on extended leave from Durham Fire and Rescue while carefully considering what the future may hold.
During his first public visit to east Durham since leaving the Big Brother house, Jonny told the Hartlepool Mail there are a few showbiz possibilities in the pipeline.
The 29-year-old said he is in discussions over clinching a part in a West End musical, Boogie Nights, and some advertising work with Black Tower wine and Woodpecker cider.
Jonny, whose girlfriend Joanne Llewelyn lives in Hartlepool, said there is also a chance of him signing a record deal.
He said: "The brigade has been fantastic and I haven't ruled out going back to being a fireman, but if I do leave then I will always work to promote the service."
Jonny says since leaving the Channel 4 house he has tried to put his new found fame to good use.
He said: "Since I came out the house people, especially kids, seem to look up to me. Everywhere I go people are turning up to see me.
"I can set good examples and try to get messages across to children, such as not playing with matches."
Jonny went along to Peterlee Asda to support a collection for the relatives of the New York firefighters who died in the September 11 attacks.
He was joined by Coun Len O'Donnell from Peterlee who earlier this year cycled across America on behalf of the appeal.
Before becoming a household name, Jonny, enjoyed many nights out in the pubs and clubs of Hartlepool, but thinks it might be a while before he can go out again unnoticed.
He said: "I thought it would be okay to walk along Yarm the other night, but It was like a freak show with everyone shouting and pointing."
Jonny said while he was in the house he had no idea about the huge amount of support he was getting on the outside and is very grateful.
After watching just two episodes of the show, Jonny has decided he does not want to see any more because he feels it does not give a true indication of what life was like in the house.

Quite a positive article I thought.
Di2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
article, jonny