Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 28-02-2024, 09:39 AM #1701
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

A couple of weeks ago I played Stray, which was a really good Game imo, I can definitely see why it was nominated for GOTY when it came out.

But my champion of the Games that I've played recently, has to be RoboCop: Rogue City.

I have never watched anything to do with RoboCop before, this is my only experience with the franchise.

And I've got to say that my experience was really strong for the most part, it had good level design, good City exploration, a good story, good characters, and I did like the conversations with Doctor Blanche as it added an interesting psychological bent to the Game.

Being completely objective though, the Game does have a couple of niggles for me.

1. The Game has a side quest called "Who Killed Simon Page?" Which on my playthrough kept repeating the same segment over and over again. Which thankfully isn't a main quest, but still something to note.

And 2. I do personally believe that the Game could've explained how the Auto-9 system works a little bit better than they did, they presented it in an overwhelming way to me, which considering how important the Auto-9 system is in this Game, that's actually pretty frustrating imo.

Overall though it is a fantastic Game, I really enjoyed it, I will definitely check out Teyon's other Game that's meant to be similar to RoboCop: Rogue City, in Terminator: Resistance in the next few months at least.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 07:03 AM #1702

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I tried to give Terminator: Resistance a shot yesterday, to take my mind off of the Blues result against Southampton.

However, I really didn't like the gameplay, it was like Captain Tsubasa and Dead Space Remake imo where the "difficulty" just became annoying rather than fun, and that's because it lacked a proper balance in difficulty that Games like SMT: Nocturne and GTA: San Andreas both understand, as did Persona 4 & 5 imo.

Obviously all of those Games had a lot of moments where I got frustrated, but deep down I could appreciate what those Games were going for, and the strategy behind the difficulty of those particular Games.

Terminator: Resistance just throwing endless amounts of Terminator's at me every two seconds (even when I've built up my Stealth stats,) and they take loads of health off of the player with one bullet, isn't fair difficulty imo, and is being unreasonable, especially when they punish you for trying to do the side content in particular.

To give a more balanced take on the Game, it does have a decent cast and story going for it, but **** me, I don't get why so many modern Games are liking broken difficulty.

KRO!
Old 04-03-2024, 09:36 AM #1703
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Loved "Stray", great little game
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:38 AM #1704

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
Loved "Stray", great little game
For me, it was so much better than I was expecting going into it.

I'm really happy that I have experienced the Game.

And I'm glad for anyone else that has experienced the Game as well, it's a really good Game in an odd sorta way.

KRO!
Old 16-03-2024, 05:12 AM #1705

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

A couple of days ago I played the first Sonic Riders Game for the first time, because as an avid Sonic fan, I am determined to try and play all of the Sonic titles.

And I will say that I was mixed on the Game's overall quality, there's definitely some cool ideas in there, but execution could've been better imo.

Like trying to get the rings to speed up your Hoverboard, was extremely frustrating in execution imo, I'm not the best at explaining things, but I feel that the Game could've made the controls a little bit nicer when it came to ring collecting imo.

KRO!
Old 31-03-2024, 07:48 PM #1706

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I tried out the demo of Stellar Blade.

It was a really fun demo imo, it was nice to just get into the action, rather than having to wait for 5 hours of tutorials to get to the point.

The Game in the demo is really hard imo, so I would recommend playing the Game on Story Mode if you don't want to be tortured lol.

And the people complaining about the "sexualized" lead in Stellar Blade, excuse my language here, but what kind of pussy wimp do you have to be to object to the Stellar Blade lead? I have seen far worse in GTA and DOA in that department.

And let's not even mention Anime or Live Action TV Shows, where I've seen a lot of sexualized content over the years (thankfully.)

Plus I do love the whole, the lead in Stellar Blade looks "unrealistic" as if attractive women don't exist lol, but apparently Abby from TLOU, Mary Jane from Spider-Man 2, and the new Fable lead are meant to be more reflective of what a "real" woman looks like.

Or what the developers of Unknown no. 9 have done to the character model that's meant to be based off Anya Chalotra (who is attractive on The Witcher imo.)

Because I'll be honest, I think in terms of realism, I think that I am more likely to encounter someone that looks like Eve from Stellar Blade, than I will anyone that looks like the other four that I've just mentioned.

KRO!
Old 01-04-2024, 03:41 PM #1707
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post

And the people complaining about the "sexualized" lead in Stellar Blade, excuse my language here, but what kind of pussy wimp do you have to be to object to the Stellar Blade lead? I have seen far worse in GTA and DOA in that department.

And let's not even mention Anime or Live Action TV Shows, where I've seen a lot of sexualized content over the years (thankfully.)

Plus I do love the whole, the lead in Stellar Blade looks "unrealistic" as if attractive women don't exist lol, but apparently Abby from TLOU, Mary Jane from Spider-Man 2, and the new Fable lead are meant to be more reflective of what a "real" woman looks like.

Or what the developers of Unknown no. 9 have done to the character model that's meant to be based off Anya Chalotra (who is attractive on The Witcher imo.)

Because I'll be honest, I think in terms of realism, I think that I am more likely to encounter someone that looks like Eve from Stellar Blade, than I will anyone that looks like the other four that I've just mentioned.
I'm sorry Mock, I'm not against anime-styled things at all personally but for the bit in bold I think you probably need to get out of the basement on that one -- this take is absolutely wild . Of course she is unrealistic.

Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 11:02 PM #1708

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
I'm sorry Mock, I'm not against anime-styled things at all personally but for the bit in bold I think you probably need to get out of the basement on that one -- this take is absolutely wild . Of course she is unrealistic.

Of course her look isn't common, I'm not denying that.

But are you honestly telling me that Mary Jane, Abby, or the new Fable lead are anymore realistic looking? It's not a Basement dweller to say that someone that looks at least similar to Eve from Stellar Blade exists irl (even though it would be incredibly rare,) I especially dare you to tell me that someone in real life looks as deformed looking as the character from the upcoming Fable Game, because conveniently these people that attack Eve's look from Stellar Blade, go very quiet when a freakishly ugly female character (that doesn't even look Human in Fable's case) gets created, they don't talk about "realism" anymore.

KRO!
Old 02-04-2024, 05:26 AM #1709

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Of course her look isn't common, I'm not denying that.

But are you honestly telling me that Mary Jane, Abby, or the new Fable lead are anymore realistic looking? It's not a Basement dweller to say that someone that looks at least similar to Eve from Stellar Blade exists irl (even though it would be incredibly rare,) I especially dare you to tell me that someone in real life looks as deformed looking as the character from the upcoming Fable Game, because conveniently these people that attack Eve's look from Stellar Blade, go very quiet when a freakishly ugly female character (that doesn't even look Human in Fable's case) gets created, they don't talk about "realism" anymore.
I do just want to elaborate my points a bit better, as I feel like you deserve that SB.

I just wanted to clarify that I'm not saying that the people that are meant to look like Mary Jane, the new Fable lead, Abby from TLOU, or Anya Chalotra look deformed irl (especially not in Anya's case, she's really attractive irl in my view.)

And I have seen what the developer looks like irl that Mary Jane is meant to be based on looks wise, and tbf for someone that's profession is meant to be a Game developer, and is basically an average joe in many other ways, she is actually reasonably attractive imo (because I do hold realistic standards) I really am not trying to sound like one of those Misogynistic guys that wants everyone to look like Tifa lol.

In the Game developer space/average person space, I would say that the Game developer is attractive, and I can't judge the new Fable lead or Abby from TLOU's real life counterparts because I don't know what they look like.

But what I think happened with Mary Jane and Anya's character in Unknown No. 9, is whoever is running the face scans, take the women's faces and mess with them to the point of them looking like a freak show, even though the people that they're initially modelling them on, doesn't look like a freak show/deformed/product of incest 40x over.

And with Eve from Stellar Blade, I honestly think that if it weren't for the outfit, people would just acknowledge the character model as pretty looking.

I mean Eve's look isn't that abnormal to your average younger woman, slim figure and dark hair, which is probably not that abnormal for a young Korean woman to look like that.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 02-04-2024 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2024, 05:13 AM #1710

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

SD Gundam Battle Alliance - Obviously this Game won't be for everyone, as it's a Mech-Shooter Game with Hack And Slash and RPG elements very much thrown into the mix. And obviously whilst that does have it's appeal for some people, it really won't appeal for others, so I thought that I would warn those of you that don't like this type of Game to avoid it.

My opinion on the Game however is that it's a very good Game, imo it's better than The Witch From Mercury in the Anime world (or at least the episodes that I saw anyway,) the story with a bit of an expansion, could've made for a really fun Anime Show.

And some of the boss fights where I'm at are horrible, I'm playing it on normal and I get my ass handed to me on a plate sometimes (especially against Hermes,) but they're a really good strength of the Game imo.

You can also choose partners to help you in fights (which is basically a party system.)

And you do get to upgrade and unlock Mech Suits in the Game.

It's better than I'm selling it, I promise.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 07-04-2024 at 05:14 AM.
Old 15-04-2024, 01:58 PM #1711
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i've resumed with my F1 2023 career mode

Andretti-Lamborghini
Johnny Herbert (GB)
Juri Vips (EST)

Imola now

my driver name is Herbert yes, i qualified as 2nd just 0.9 behind Verstappen

Vips made it into Q2 again, 14th for him, a surprising Q2 exit for Sir Lewis Hamilton

not a personal best for Juri, since that was in australia, when he surprisingly qualified as 10th, his only run in Q3 so far

i'm liking Imola track, not too difficult corners, which i easily compensate with slight downforce adjusting of the settings, but easier than a Azerbaijan where i really struggled (i finished on podium in the azeri sure, but barely, i had to prevent my engine from overheating, maintaining a solid pace and not too hard and instant on the braking

standings are like

1. Herbert
2. Verstappen
3. Leclerc

and thanks to me as a newcomer team booking early successes was able to sign extra sponsors to the team, extra starting money which is useful to invest into upgrades etc

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-04-2024, 12:08 AM #1712

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
SD Gundam Battle Alliance - Obviously this Game won't be for everyone, as it's a Mech-Shooter Game with Hack And Slash and RPG elements very much thrown into the mix. And obviously whilst that does have it's appeal for some people, it really won't appeal for others, so I thought that I would warn those of you that don't like this type of Game to avoid it.

My opinion on the Game however is that it's a very good Game, imo it's better than The Witch From Mercury in the Anime world (or at least the episodes that I saw anyway,) the story with a bit of an expansion, could've made for a really fun Anime Show.

And some of the boss fights where I'm at are horrible, I'm playing it on normal and I get my ass handed to me on a plate sometimes (especially against Hermes,) but they're a really good strength of the Game imo.

You can also choose partners to help you in fights (which is basically a party system.)

And you do get to upgrade and unlock Mech Suits in the Game.

It's better than I'm selling it, I promise.
I beat the Game a few days ago.

It's a really good Game tbf, some really creative level designs the further you get into the Game.

The one nitpick I do have with the Game, is that it went on one directory too long imo.

KRO!
Old 16-04-2024, 01:23 PM #1713
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i won the Imola GP

1. Johnny Herbert (GB)
2. Lando Norris (GB)
3. Max Verstappen (NL)

standings now

1. Herbert 133pts
2. Verstappen 104pts

i have a nice increased gap leading up to the Monaco GP now, and i already i will suck at that one, since you need pole position if possible otherwise ur doomed, not many areas of the track where you can overtake other drivers and i've got a better race pace than at practice or quali where they go for fastest laps

Old 18-04-2024, 07:02 AM #1714
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i DNF'd in Monaco with gearbox problems, soo am going into next race Spain, with new components/upgrades

my teammate Vips finished the monaco gp though in 16th place ahead of Verstappen too (whom also had problems it seemed, who only finished in 19th)

Old 18-04-2024, 07:38 AM #1715

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i DNF'd in Monaco with gearbox problems, soo am going into next race Spain, with new components/upgrades

my teammate Vips finished the monaco gp though in 16th place ahead of Verstappen too (whom also had problems it seemed, who only finished in 19th)
Monaco is the toughest circuit in the F1 Games imo, there's no shame in struggling on it imo.

Good luck in the next race, Nicky.

KRO!
Old 18-04-2024, 01:05 PM #1716
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

LOL

i struggled getting into the pit lane in Spain track sometimes i drive too hard, and i can't turn properly, also was only able to do practice sessions because my controller required recharging, have it in the usb of my tv, when i watch tv it can recharge very handy

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM #1717
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

been playing Fallout 4 again as well

i get better at it than when i first got it though

but am still a bit too scared to do the Fort Hagen main story level since i tried that once and those robots are bit too difficult for me at this moment to take on, i first need to gain more experience, more power up bonusses etc and there is still enough to do anyway with other side quests so

in terms of the shooting, i use VATS mainly and i hit wherever is the most percentages of actually doing damage and i now know crouched i can do more sneak attack double damages

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game or s, playing