Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 14-03-2012, 06:04 PM #51

Hi bbfan11
In answer to the callback if you've been fast tracked I was but at the end of my very very long Diary Room Interview, Big Brother said
"you may get a call tomorrow, you may get a call in 2 weeks, you may even get a call when Big Brother 13 is on air!"
However I do doubt that last comment, however BB did follow by saying if you hear nothing then you have been unsuccessful.
Like I said earlier in these posts though, the Bingo Winner isn't notified of their successful application until 22nd, so maybe that applys to everyone?
Rosy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 06:13 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
Hi bbfan11
In answer to the callback if you've been fast tracked I was but at the end of my very very long Diary Room Interview, Big Brother said
"you may get a call tomorrow, you may get a call in 2 weeks, you may even get a call when Big Brother 13 is on air!"
However I do doubt that last comment, however BB did follow by saying if you hear nothing then you have been unsuccessful.
Like I said earlier in these posts though, the Bingo Winner isn't notified of their successful application until 22nd, so maybe that applys to everyone?
I won't get one as I didn't make it through to the diary room stage I'm jealous of those who did good luck everyone.
bbfan11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 07:16 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan11 View Post
I wear a partial denture, I have sex with my sisters 16 year old friend eventho I'm 19, I'm shy and have bad eye contact.

I'm going to try for other reality shows like the apprentice, come dine with me take me out and masterchef
You have absolutely no chance with the apprentice takes alot of motivation and travelling and decision making and people with asperger would fail badly at that, come dine with me; are you anxious when it comes to cooking for a group of people?

Hmm take me out, quite difficult because of the social skills and the way we present ourselves.

I gather you want to be a chef and I presume you're studying it at college? I think you should personally concentrate on that and when you get a degree you want to start up a restaurant and then gain publicity from celebrities and hopefully tv productions will catch on and you can enter the world of tv that way but you need to stand out as a chef and offer something gordan ramsey or jamie oliver hasn't got. Maybe add some badass comedy. OH and never knock social media!

Good way to get into tv is a fanbase on youtube! Producers are always looking for talent online. Setup a channel and save up for a decent camera and then just do like cooking blogs or anything you can and promote. When you study you can gain friends and professional help that way.
I also suggest you don't stop auditioning for big brother I mean it took Josie gibson 4 attempts before she was chosen. The more you audition the more experience you get and you learn from your mistakes. The first time I did the diary room audition I absolutely failed in every aspect.

Here's some advice: Make sure you show them you are very social-able, make conversation if you can with the person next to you no matter where you are. Make yourself feel good, like good euphoria. You need lots of energy before you audition, eat snacks with lots of sugar. STAY AWAY FROM COFFEE. drink tea and lots of water. You need carbs so for breakfast remember to eat toast. What I did before i auditioned was eat something 30 minutes before. Go to mcdonalds or something.

Anyway The longer you are in the audition room the more you get used to your surroundings and the people. Make sure you don't get into a group of 3 or more people. When I arrived to the entrance of the audition I was the first one there so i suggest if you arrive early people you will find it easier to engage in conversation with people.

What I did was join a small group and get to know 2 or 3 people, Find out their names etc and try thinking of basic questions to ask first. I tend to say obvious things like my surroundings such as OH mild weather today I hope it heats up. and then ask them where they live, ask them why they want to audition and even as a bit of fun do some roll playing and ask them if they want to practise their audition.

Remember it helps if you have people around you so if you feel lost and alone you can easily walk up to them and they can guide you.

The first year I auditioned I met a group of about 6 people and got chatting to this hot girl and we had lots in common and so we just clicked, and then The people I made friends with knew I had asperger so In the group exercises they all stopped speaking and allowed me to talk which I thought was really nice of them and they kept on checking to see if I was alright!

The second year and the year that I got fast tracked I met this girl with an afro and at first she would be the type of person you would normally avoid just by the way she looked but she was so nice and she had many stories to tell and she kept on singing lady in red which was hilarious and it became our little thing to relax us

Also, avoid getting filmes when you're inside the building. There's guys with camera and they may want to talk to you. Decline it because remember, big brother is prone to secrecy so if they have footage of you and they want to put it on tv then chances are you won't get selected. I was close to being filmed but I got out of it.

Next thing is, prepare! Do your research, like what talents do you have that others don't? have a good think about it maybe work on something you can share.

Also remember, when you go into the main groups ALWAYS go first. If you get yours out of the way then you can sit back and relax. Always ask questions and get yourself familiar with the audition process.

don't be too fancy and don't take your time with the questions because the more you try hard to sound amazing, the less amazing you will be. Just be short and snappy with your answers.

Try and be the first to finish your application form so you have a better chance of getting to the diary room first. The more they interview people the more tired they get and when they are awake and active their brain works harder and there's a higher chance they will remember you!!

And last of all, be prepared to not get chosen, don't worry about it. Don't change the way you are or be different in your next audition. If you think there's a way to improve from last time then change your tactics slightly but don't be a whole different person.

One more thing!
The big brother selection process is complicated, they can't have 2 people with the same name going onto the show. If you have a common name like james or michael then there's a higher chance of not getting into the house but just slightly that's not your fault though

Just be yourself, don't go to the audition just to get into the house, enjoy your audition, meet people and make friends, don't try too hard just go in there and talk about yourself honestly and smile.

Before big brother I auditioned for the last series of weakest Link.
task is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 07:27 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by task View Post
You have absolutely no chance with the apprentice takes alot of motivation and travelling and decision making and people with asperger would fail badly at that, come dine with me; are you anxious when it comes to cooking for a group of people?

Hmm take me out, quite difficult because of the social skills and the way we present ourselves.

I gather you want to be a chef and I presume you're studying it at college? I think you should personally concentrate on that and when you get a degree you want to start up a restaurant and then gain publicity from celebrities and hopefully tv productions will catch on and you can enter the world of tv that way but you need to stand out as a chef and offer something gordan ramsey or jamie oliver hasn't got. Maybe add some badass comedy. OH and never knock social media!

Good way to get into tv is a fanbase on youtube! Producers are always looking for talent online. Setup a channel and save up for a decent camera and then just do like cooking blogs or anything you can and promote. When you study you can gain friends and professional help that way.
I also suggest you don't stop auditioning for big brother I mean it took Josie gibson 4 attempts before she was chosen. The more you audition the more experience you get and you learn from your mistakes. The first time I did the diary room audition I absolutely failed in every aspect.

Here's some advice: Make sure you show them you are very social-able, make conversation if you can with the person next to you no matter where you are. Make yourself feel good, like good euphoria. You need lots of energy before you audition, eat snacks with lots of sugar. STAY AWAY FROM COFFEE. drink tea and lots of water. You need carbs so for breakfast remember to eat toast. What I did before i auditioned was eat something 30 minutes before. Go to mcdonalds or something.

Anyway The longer you are in the audition room the more you get used to your surroundings and the people. Make sure you don't get into a group of 3 or more people. When I arrived to the entrance of the audition I was the first one there so i suggest if you arrive early people you will find it easier to engage in conversation with people.

What I did was join a small group and get to know 2 or 3 people, Find out their names etc and try thinking of basic questions to ask first. I tend to say obvious things like my surroundings such as OH mild weather today I hope it heats up. and then ask them where they live, ask them why they want to audition and even as a bit of fun do some roll playing and ask them if they want to practise their audition.

Remember it helps if you have people around you so if you feel lost and alone you can easily walk up to them and they can guide you.

The first year I auditioned I met a group of about 6 people and got chatting to this hot girl and we had lots in common and so we just clicked, and then The people I made friends with knew I had asperger so In the group exercises they all stopped speaking and allowed me to talk which I thought was really nice of them and they kept on checking to see if I was alright!

The second year and the year that I got fast tracked I met this girl with an afro and at first she would be the type of person you would normally avoid just by the way she looked but she was so nice and she had many stories to tell and she kept on singing lady in red which was hilarious and it became our little thing to relax us

Also, avoid getting filmes when you're inside the building. There's guys with camera and they may want to talk to you. Decline it because remember, big brother is prone to secrecy so if they have footage of you and they want to put it on tv then chances are you won't get selected. I was close to being filmed but I got out of it.

Next thing is, prepare! Do your research, like what talents do you have that others don't? have a good think about it maybe work on something you can share.

Also remember, when you go into the main groups ALWAYS go first. If you get yours out of the way then you can sit back and relax. Always ask questions and get yourself familiar with the audition process.

don't be too fancy and don't take your time with the questions because the more you try hard to sound amazing, the less amazing you will be. Just be short and snappy with your answers.

Try and be the first to finish your application form so you have a better chance of getting to the diary room first. The more they interview people the more tired they get and when they are awake and active their brain works harder and there's a higher chance they will remember you!!

And last of all, be prepared to not get chosen, don't worry about it. Don't change the way you are or be different in your next audition. If you think there's a way to improve from last time then change your tactics slightly but don't be a whole different person.

One more thing!
The big brother selection process is complicated, they can't have 2 people with the same name going onto the show. If you have a common name like james or michael then there's a higher chance of not getting into the house but just slightly that's not your fault though

Just be yourself, don't go to the audition just to get into the house, enjoy your audition, meet people and make friends, don't try too hard just go in there and talk about yourself honestly and smile.

Before big brother I auditioned for the last series of weakest Link.
Thanks for the advice I like cooking I'm currently working as a kitchen assistant in a local care home how far did you get in the weakest link process.
Old 14-03-2012, 07:32 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan11 View Post
Thanks for the advice I like cooking I'm currently working as a kitchen assistant in a local care home how far did you get in the weakest link process.
Not far lmfao.
Care home as in old peopels home or childrens home?
Old 14-03-2012, 07:34 PM #56

Quote:
Not far lmfao.
Care home as in old peopels home or childrens home?
Ok are you going to try for anything else its for adults with severe learning difficulties the elderly will be to depressing and I love kids but they are to noisy.

Last edited by bbfan11; 14-03-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 15-03-2012, 01:51 PM #57

Anyone else just got this email?

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about the Big Brother Auditions 2012.

Our open auditions are over for this year. We met thousands of great people and appreciate the time that everyone took to come down and meet us.

Don’t forget to watch the new series this summer and if you have been successful this year, Big Brother will get back to you!

Big Brother
callum222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 02:41 PM #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by callum222 View Post
Anyone else just got this email?

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about the Big Brother Auditions 2012.

Our open auditions are over for this year. We met thousands of great people and appreciate the time that everyone took to come down and meet us.

Don’t forget to watch the new series this summer and if you have been successful this year, Big Brother will get back to you!

Big Brother
Yeah I did
Old 15-03-2012, 03:26 PM #59

If you didn't get a call this morning you haven't been selected.
Old 15-03-2012, 04:38 PM #60

Quote:
Did you get one.
Old 15-03-2012, 05:54 PM #61

Favourites (more):
BB16: Eileen
BBCanada 3: Godfrey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Sounds right to me.
TheManWhoLaughs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 11:54 PM #62

Quote:
How do you know this and on what basis???

I got fast tracked and didn't get that email today - they have my email address as they sent confirmation of my audition to it. I also had a missed blocked call however I'm sure that was probably someone trying to do a PPI claim or something?
Maybe I'll get the email tomorrow?

Also a similar message is on the Official Big Brother website so are you quoting that or has this been sent to private email addresses???

https://www.bigbrotherauditions.com/...ll-auditionees
Old 16-03-2012, 05:48 AM #63

Quote:
How do you know this and on what basis???

I got fast tracked and didn't get that email today - they have my email address as they sent confirmation of my audition to it. I also had a missed blocked call however I'm sure that was probably someone trying to do a PPI claim or something?
Maybe I'll get the email tomorrow?

Also a similar message is on the Official Big Brother website so are you quoting that or has this been sent to private email addresses???

https://www.bigbrotherauditions.com/...ll-auditionees
Trust me rosy, you haven't been selected. Try again next year.
Old 16-03-2012, 10:48 AM #64

congrats task and im gonna presume manwholaughs has gone for it again and not mentioned it

the next stage of the process is the best bit IMO so enjoy it it's awesome.

I hereby retire from bigbrother auditions, being a guinea pig was a massive achievement and more than 99% of auditionees will ever experience so I am contented with where I got in the end!

Congrats to all who have got a callback!
someotherguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 12:19 PM #65

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2011: Fatima Whitbread
Dancing on Ice 2011: Angela Rippon

Favourites (more):

Hard one to call, they may have picked 100 or so for the final stages but with effectively only a few weeks to sift the auditionees (let's face it Quarantine must start at the end of the first week in May) they are cutting it close. I overheard that at Glasgow anyone not hearing after a fortnight should consider themselves chopped. Oh well, I had a great day out!
Utah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 12:22 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
congrats task and im gonna presume manwholaughs has gone for it again and not mentioned it
Everyone knows you can't talk about the audition process online

Was expecting you of all people to have had one, so sorry if you hadn't (or are covering it up because you're so close to getting in the house ) - if anything, it's the best argument that callbacks haven't finished. (logically, I would have assumed they have, based on the timing of that email yesterday & the timing of the callbacks - though I don't know how 'task' could say so confidently after being fairly confused about the whole process the day earlier).

You've probably gone further than I'll get anyway - and given how much Aaron & the others are bitching about the BB12 experience on Twitter, I'm not sure if getting in is as great as it seems.

Quote:
I overheard that at Glasgow anyone not hearing after a fortnight should consider themselves chopped. Oh well, I had a great day out!
You'll hear based on which day your callback is, not when you actually auditioned - the next stage will mix people from all the different venues and the people who are back on the Monday will hear before those who have their next stage later in the week, regardless of when you auditioned

Last edited by TheManWhoLaughs; 16-03-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 16-03-2012, 04:20 PM #67

nope, genuinely didn't get a callback! best of luck, do keep me updated via PM or whatever.

Well regarding it not being great, I can testify to the fact that its VERY boring. By day 3 I was telling people that I couldn't hack it long-term. In retrospect, saying that with a microphone feed heading straight to the BB producers probably wasnt the best strategy. Ah well. I've had the experience, thats the main thing.

Best of luck!
Old 16-03-2012, 05:16 PM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

One gives up anonymity (forever) by going into the House. My concern was that I'd be with some real ******wits. Good luck to all.
Old 16-03-2012, 09:37 PM #69

you wouldve been, the most recent guinea pig run was rife with them.

if anyone ends up with a geordie called andrew, youll hate his guts.
Old 17-03-2012, 03:57 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

There was a Geordie, forgotten his first name, kept going on about his career in Radio. I put him under an A4 when I got back from Glasgow. Tea maker.
Old 19-03-2012, 02:42 PM #71

Quote:
Trust me rosy, you haven't been selected. Try again next year.
You are wrong task.......been selected and the London Audition isn't on 30th either but earlier.....can't say any more other than they phoned me this morning, anyone else still wiating to hear, don't give up yet, they may be ringing you too x

Last edited by Rosy; 19-03-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 19-03-2012, 03:01 PM #72

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You are wrong task.......been selected and the London Audition isn't on 30th either but earlier.....
There's a whole week of them (and multiple ones on the same day) so there is one on the 30th.

But congratulations! You said you had a missed call from them on the Friday though so they're probably just calling the last few people they couldn't get through to.
Old 19-03-2012, 08:03 PM #73

Thanks TheManWhoLaughs,

Quite daunted by the next stage, it will be interesting who I'm going to be with as I'm sure there is probably more than just me in this stage.

I've got to bring something to talk about that may mean something to me?!?!? never done this type of thing before but I'm sure that it will be lots of fun as we are playing games or something too.

It will be interesting how many other people they contact this week as I think the missed call was a call centre as another blocked call rang back the next day trying to get me to reclaim PPI for a loan that I've never even had with the TSB!

I wonder if there is a mixed group of people in the interview/audition like they have promised.

They are paying my expenses so at least it won't cost me anything too if I don't get picked.
Old 20-03-2012, 04:58 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Great news Rosy, I got to that stage 2 years ago. It is a good day out. Don't be too whacky nor too quiet. Yes it is a mix (or was when I was there). Make the most of Endemol paying for you!!
Old 20-03-2012, 07:59 PM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah View Post
Great news Rosy, I got to that stage 2 years ago. It is a good day out. Don't be too whacky nor too quiet. Yes it is a mix (or was when I was there). Make the most of Endemol paying for you!!
Lol....yes I will, though it's only a 2nd class train fare at the moment, no expences for lost day of work or hotel unfortunatly.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
auditions, backs, call, callback, callbacks, mate, number, start, unknown, week