Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:51 AM #51
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Anton View Post
Thanks for the replies. You cleared my mind abit at least.

Love you guys man.

The annoying thing is that it is Easter, So I would have to wait more than a week to have a meeting with a teacher. I might have to persuade her to be brave enough to at least tell mum. Or tell her some ways to try make him back off.

I'm 19 to the people that asked.
Its nice she told you or you noticed ...at 19 im sure you have your own stuff to do.
Its good its the holidays you can talk and plan how she wants it to go without any pressure. Get the FB/phone evidence, and then maybe she could write a sealed letter to her head of year about the rest?
If she thinks your mam would freak out you could speak to her first?
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:52 AM #52
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Hope everything goes well.

As a side-note...I also think that the mindsets and mental states of bullies should be investigated more. I mean if you ask me, you've got to have very low levels of empathy in order to able to actually bully someone. Bullies themselves have issues of self-depreciation and they use belittling others in order to make themselves feel better, again...not some most normal people do. I honestly do think it takes a certain kind of person to bully, obviously you're not born that way, but it's definitely some sort of issue up there...quite clearly they aren't on the same wave length as most people.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:53 AM #53
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
I think that they know deep down that their behaviour is stupid. They think it makes them look all big and macho but calling them out and calling them immature is what they hate.

Detention doesn't work, I think you have to use mind games with them
Worse is when you are put in detention along with the bully in the same enclosed space.

KA... I have to say, I have total respect for you and the way in which you are looking out for your little sister. It's heartwarming to hear under pretty awful circumstances.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:53 AM #54

Is this guy related to gangs in any way? As in, the big citires post code culture kind of thing?
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:54 AM #55
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I had one great teacher who was really friendly to us less popular kids, the ones who actually tried in class, compared to the dicks who would sit at the back and throw **** around the classroom.. and this boy in my class had an older sister who was also a bit of an oddball and there was some ridiculous story floating around that she'd had a sexual encounter with two guys and a hockey stick... anyway, these girls were speaking about it really loudly and obviously embarrassing the poor guy and the teacher just cut them down in class so badly and asked them how they'd feel if the whole class spoke about their sex lives in such graphic detail right there and then, and it shut the whole back row up and they didn't say a thing for the rest of the lesson, nor did they ever say anything about that boy or his family ever again in class.

That's maybe just a rare example but I will never forget that lesson, I don't know if it was professional or not but I certainly respected my teacher even more so after that and I'm sure that the boy appreciated it more than anything.
Thats amazing. I love teachers like that bolded. Too many try be 'cool' and 'in the know how' and ignore the 1s trying to achieve something.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:01 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Is this guy related to gangs in any way? As in, the big citires post code culture kind of thing?

Nah.

She showed me how he looks like. He looks like your everyday kid. He's quiet big for his age which angers me more considering he is already older than her.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:04 AM #57

That's alright then. Probably won't have much of a backlash if he was put in his place by a teacher/a parent
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:54 AM #58
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I haven't read through all of the replies..this is a hard one....
I don't know how she would feel..about you both taking to parents together...and then to the school..but that isn't an easy thing to do..but this can't just be ignored..and you can't and shouldn't try to deal with it on your own..and violence is never the answer..it only leads to more violence often
...as cliche as this is..I think you should try to work out a way..that you can both tell a parent together..and then it's going to be..one step at a time..you can't think about any if's or but's or consequences..otherwise there's very little chance of a resolve..and problems like this can only be tackled a little bit at a time..she's reached out to you..and given you her trust..so you can't ignore that..but you shouldn't try to deal with it either..not alone..and not with violence or threats..because if that all went wrong..it could be worse for her as well..and you would feel responsible..
....try to persuade her to tell your parents...together
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:52 AM #59

Go comfront him to get to lay off. If that doesn't work, if you're solid enough, beat the crap out of him. If you're not solid enough, get someone solif enough to beat the crap out of him.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:13 AM #60
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Hope everything goes well.

As a side-note...I also think that the mindsets and mental states of bullies should be investigated more. I mean if you ask me, you've got to have very low levels of empathy in order to able to actually bully someone. Bullies themselves have issues of self-depreciation and they use belittling others in order to make themselves feel better, again...not some most normal people do. I honestly do think it takes a certain kind of person to bully, obviously you're not born that way, but it's definitely some sort of issue up there...quite clearly they aren't on the same wave length as most people.
I think people bully for different reasons and no they can't have empathy at all..I think some bullies really don't have much good in their lives at all..and they feel the need to 'have a sense of contol' over something..it could be anything..an eating disorder maybe..but if they find their bullying is effective and it gives them that sense of control..then that's what they'll pursue..with no empathy for the victim..they can't allow themselves to feel that..because they need to keep that control.
..and I think some people are just big and strong enough to do it..or have others that will back them..and they haven't got much going on in their lives...and they all think it's a bit of a laugh..frightening someone..
..there's probably loads of reasons people bully..but certainly none of them can feel empathy for the victims..otherwise they'd have to stop..and they probably don't want to
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:15 AM #61

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:

I don't know if threatening them will help, if your sister can just show that it doesn't get to her and they'll soon stop.

Kids grow up, but unfortunately bullying happens.
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:16 AM #62
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Go comfront him to get to lay off. If that doesn't work, if you're solid enough, beat the crap out of him. If you're not solid enough, get someone solif enough to beat the crap out of him.
yes, great idea. And when does it stop then ..... when the fathers end up getting involved, then the next biggest largest uncle then they all get done for street brawls and assault etc.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:19 AM #63
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I'm in agreement with the majority on this issue, violence is a definite nono.

Does the school have a mentor(s). My son has suffered from bullying and went to the school mentor and confided in her, feels less formal than telling a teacher. It does seriously need to be nipped in the bud.

I feel really strongly about all issues of bullying, having suffered from it myself back in my own school years, and there wasn't the support then that is on offer now. I used to get told to "ignore it" and "toughen up". Very little was done, and it's not just a cliche, the effects of bullying on your self esteem can stay with you for a long time, even the rest of your life, and that's no exaggeration.

I know most schools today have anti bullying policies and awareness campaigns, but it's still not enough. When bullying is ongoing, other people tend to turn a blind eye, maybe because they are afraid that if they stand up for the victim, they will in turn become a target. I would personally always stand up for someone I saw being bullied, and this is the attitude that needs instilling into todays young people. Bullying will never be completely eradicated unfortunately, but not enough gets done.

Leon, in regards to the Cyber/Text Bullying, well that gives you evidence against this boy, and if the school has Police Special Constables assigned to it, again as with mentors a lot of schools do these days, then they should/could be made aware of this. My son, quite recently, had comments of a sexual nature made on his facebook page, and as a result was taunted severely by several no-marks for a sustained period of time. We have a good relationship and he told me what was going on, it took time but it got dealt with, and stopped. Kids over the age of ten can have acceptable behaviour sanctions placed on them and their parents can also be held to account for their behaviour if it doesn't stop, as a lot of the time it's the attitude of the parent's that makes the child the way they are (not in every case, but a lot) A parent should be responsible for moulding their children into decent human beings and far too often these days, they just don't give a feck. Makes my blood boil.

I hope it all gets resolved, and your sister is lucky to have you, you clearly care about her very much

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 AM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
yes, great idea. And when does it stop then ..... when the fathers end up getting involved, then the next biggest largest uncle then they all get done for street brawls and assault etc.
It's just my opinion - which I'm allowed.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:26 AM #65
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
It's just my opinion - which I'm allowed.
Didn't say you weren't. I inferred it was a lousy bit of advice - didn't say a word about you not being allowed an opinion.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:32 AM #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Didn't say you weren't. I inferred it was a lousy bit of advice - didn't say a word about you not being allowed an opinion.
Fair enough....
Old 07-04-2012, 10:35 AM #67
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Fair enough....

Still think it says much for KA that his sister was able to speak with him and open up to him about it - and of his concern and his way of tackling it re going to speak to the teacher that he knows well from previous - something incredibly lovely about that.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:11 PM #68
User banned

User banned

Don't threaten him
Just tell him to fuk off and leave your sister alone.. plain as
He'll feel scared and back off
The school can't say sh!t about that cuz you're just giving a warning.

Last edited by Me. I Am Salman; 07-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:18 PM #69

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Would it be possible to talk to this boys parents? No one deserves to be bullied it's horrible,it makes you want to lash out,but be bigger than that, have a private word with her school and ask them top keep an eye out although i do know some schools are pretty useless at this sort of thing,I hope it gets sorted nothing worse than being unhappy at school,I probably would have a word with HIM too.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:29 PM #70

Favourites:

Favourites:

STAB THEM!!!! arhhh
Old 07-04-2012, 03:33 PM #71
Born to Folk

Born to Folk

This is a really hard situation as you never know which way it could go. When my sister was being bullied I went and had a go at the girls with a few choice vicious words and they left her alone. Not sure if this would work on a bloke tho..
Bollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:33 PM #72

Favourites:

Favourites:

Take a gun to school...
Old 07-04-2012, 03:35 PM #73
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
STAB THEM!!!! arhhh
If pointy objects are going to be involved: best they go the full hog and completely disembowel the guy. If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

May as well get hung for a sheep than a lamb and all that.

(and yes... I am kidding on). I'm sure KA has picked the best advice he feels is relevant. This type of 'advice' ....isn't.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:30 PM #74
-

-

aww this is really sad

i hope it stops and she feels better soon cannot stand bullies especially when its boys picking on girls just seems worse idk why
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:47 PM #75
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Im sorry to hear about this King Anton, I hope this issue gets sorted out as I have suffered from bullying myself in the past.

I don't have a younger Sister so I will go with if it happens to my Niece when she's older.

If my Niece was bullied, I would get my friends to come with me to get the bastard up the wall and threaten to kill him if he bullied her again.

I don't think you would want to take that advice but that's what I would do as I wouldn't like some **** bullying my Niece.

I hope it gets sorted out King Anton and if he carries on then just send your friends on him.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
issue, serious