Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2012, 03:07 PM #51
Tripping Not Genuflecting

Tripping Not Genuflecting

I agree it was nice talking to you too,
not sure why I kept on.
It is going that way but it felt good to shout into the wind.

"Cook The Man Some F@cking Eggs!"
Old 26-04-2012, 03:12 PM #52
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I have to agree with Livia on this one. I mean it's like being in the real world, the police don't bother you if you're not doing anything dodgy
I like that the internet isn't like the real world though, it's the only place where Wikileaks were able to reveal crimes committed by our governments for example, or for protesters in countries like Syria and Yemen to be able to expose what their regimes were doing, to show that they were being killed and shot at for protesting when their leaders were trying to make out nothing was wrong. The internet gives people a voice when they otherwise wouldn't have one, that's why I'm wary of it being policed

Although I don't so much have a problem with what Livia is saying about websites self-regulating things, I think they have a right to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
umm, i wasn't here 2 weeks ago lol and why was that? do i want my government given the same rights to censorship that the mods here have?. HELL NO!!! The mods here are the PERFECT example as to why censorship should not be allowed. The mods here make huge mistakes and are totally unfair, so how are you gonna use this forum as an example?? This forum PROVES that governments should NOT have that kind of power!
Don't be so silly
Old 26-04-2012, 03:19 PM #53
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Did you gloss over my thread about being searched for drugs?
I didn't see that thread but tbf you do like a bit of a dodgy character

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 26-04-2012, 03:22 PM #54
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Did you gloss over my thread about being searched for drugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
I like that the internet isn't like the real world though, it's the only place where Wikileaks were able to reveal crimes committed by our governments for example, or for protesters in countries like Syria and Yemen to be able to expose what their regimes were doing, to show that they were being killed and shot at for protesting when their leaders were trying to make out nothing was wrong. The internet gives people a voice when they otherwise wouldn't have one, that's why I'm wary of it being policed

Although I don't so much have a problem with what Livia is saying about websites self-regulating things, I think they have a right to do that

Don't be so silly
Yeah, I understand that there's a very good side to the internet not being policed but there's also a very bad side too, I guess it comes down to which side you feel more strongly about and for me it's protecting people

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 26-04-2012, 04:49 PM #55

Quote:
I agree, we've all laughed at these types of jokes, and i'd dare to suggest we've also all laughed at homophobic and racist and sexist jokes too.

I don't agree with humiliating people to the point of bullying, but in general we've all laughed at inappropriate jokes, so let's not get self-righteous. we're all guilty of this kind of humor.
Quote:
and who is to judge and decide what is appropriate? lemmie guess, people that agree with YOUR world view i guess?

The internet needs a 1st amendment. Someone at the UN needs to make that happen. God save us from Livia's fascist view of how the internet SHOULD be.

Livia has been absolutely horrible to me, but i'd never say that she shouldn't have the right to say those things to me. I support free speech absolutely. If the undemocratic joke that is the EU ever get's it's hands on the internet, everyone should be scared. Thank God the internet has been mainly regulated by the US with an iron-clad free speech policy so far.

Europe(the EU) should not be allowed anywhere near this issue.
Quote:
Trying to police the internet is ridiculous. It's like a vegan going to an S&M club and then complaining because there's too much leather.
Quote:
so the internet will have to be policed by the government because the people are untrustworthy? policed by who? the government? last time i checked every government in the world is pretty un trustworthy as well. so you are gonna have an untrustworthy group of people censoring an untrustworthy group of people?" how the F does that make any kind of sense?
Quote:
umm, i wasn't here 2 weeks ago lol and why was that? do i want my government given the same rights to censorship that the mods here have?. HELL NO!!! The mods here are the PERFECT example as to why censorship should not be allowed. The mods here make huge mistakes and are totally unfair, so how are you gonna use this forum as an example?? This forum PROVES that governments should NOT
have that kind of power!
All right, so you're saying that everyone on here has laughed at a racist, homophobic or sexist joke? How do you know? How can you be so sure? As I'm sure I have mentioned to you numerous times in the past week, unless you can prove your argument with substantiation, it remains an opinion and not a fact. Personally, most people I know wouldn't even think about laughing at discriminatory jokes, but all that's my experience. Even then, even if someone did laugh at such a joke, what's that in comparison to vile jokes being created about somebody? Here, all you have done is embarass yourself. You'll freely admit to laughing at discriminatory jokes, and you think that's acceptable?

Secondly, who is anybody to have a go at a disabled person and make a mockery out of a disabled person. The owners of the sites decide, the government decides, etc, and they qiite cleary decided that those pages were bang out of order. Who are you to question authority?

Thirdly, where did Livia say that she wants the internet to be policed? No, she didn't, so don't you dare even think about lying about other members. Did you actually read her post? Did you genuinelly miss that bit or are you just lying?

The moderators aren't perfect, but they're only human. They're all doing good jobs, and it's not as if you could even get the job if you went for it, so who are you to insult the people who keep this site going? Just who do you think you are? I saw what you were like, having a go, spamming
the forum asking why you got received a warning when you obviously do know why and making a right show of yourself. Have some respect for them - it's no easy walk in the park being a moderator and somehow
they've very kindly allowed you to still post, and you think you can stad there and have a go?

I honestly don't know why all your opinions are so controversial, but l
looking at your posts it's, well, nonsense and you know you can do far better than this.

Last edited by Redway; 26-04-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 26-04-2012, 05:55 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i just find it really upsetting that they discovered it

in an ideal world nobody would joke about such things, its bad enough that the meme exists in the first place but to find out about it like that must have been awful for them

The problem is
The Punks that do this
will be viewing this thread
and Laughing.
Its how they get a Buzz.

Life In The City
Old 26-04-2012, 06:03 PM #57
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

meh i find them funny
Old 26-04-2012, 06:07 PM #58
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

Do Facebook ever get involved though?
I love how anytime things like these happens, the angry parents who don't get how the internet works [although this is horrible and it's a shame they found out, I agree with Scott] are always ranting about how they are going to take on Facebook and want to contact Facebook etc

IMO Facebook should have a call centre, because of the amount of ******ing issues that arise from it constantly.. but they don't even have a phone number, and emailing them barely does anything.
Old 26-04-2012, 07:59 PM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
All right, so you're saying that everyone on here has laughed at a racist, homophobic or sexist joke? How do you know? How can you be so sure? As I'm sure I have mentioned to you numerous times in the past week, unless you can prove your argument with substantiation, it remains an opinion and not a fact. Personally, most people I know wouldn't even think about laughing at discriminatory jokes, but all that's my experience. Even then, even if someone did laugh at such a joke, what's that in comparison to vile jokes being created about somebody? Here, all you have done is embarass yourself. You'll freely admit to laughing at discriminatory jokes, and you think that's acceptable?

Secondly, who is anybody to have a go at a disabled person and make a mockery out of a disabled person? The owners of the sites decide, the government decides, etc, and they quite cleary decided that those pages were bang out of order. Who are you to question authority?

Thirdly, where did Livia say that she wants the internet to be policed? No, she didn't, so don't you dare even think about lying about other members. Did you actually read her post? Did you genuinelly miss that bit or are you just lying?

The moderators aren't perfect, but they're only human. They're all doing good jobs, and it's not as if you could even get the job if you went for it, so who are you to insult the people who keep this site going? Just who do you think you are? I saw what you were like, having a go, spamming
the forum asking why you got received a warning when you obviously do know why and making a right show of yourself. Have some respect for them - it's no easy walk in the park being a moderator and somehow they've very kindly allowed you to still post, and you think you can stand there and have a go?

I honestly don't know why all your opinions are so controversial, but looking at your posts it's, well, nonsense and you know you can do far better than this.
yes.
Old 26-04-2012, 08:03 PM #60

Quote:
yes.
Yeah, but why? I haven't, for starters. How can you be sure? What evidence do you have to prove this argument?
Old 26-04-2012, 08:06 PM #61

Quote:
Yeah, but why? I haven't, for starters. How can you be sure? What evidence do you have to prove this argument?
I never claimed i had evidence. When i make a comment on this forum i'm not submitting a scientific paper, i'm just saying what i think.

Feel free to disagree.

Last edited by lostalex; 26-04-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 26-04-2012, 08:13 PM #62

Quote:
I never claimed i had evidence. When i make a comment on this forum i'm not submitting a scientific paper, i'm just saying what i think.

Feel free to disagree.
No, Alex. No. You're claiming that everyone on here has laughed at a discriminatory joke and you're saying it objectively, i.e. as a fact and not just an opinion. What am asking you is where your evidence is. I'm sorry, but you simply cannot just assume that everyone on here has laughed at such a joke and, to be honest, if you don't understand that then there's no point debating with you, is there?
Old 26-04-2012, 08:16 PM #63

Quote:
No, Alex. No. You're claiming that everyone on here has laughed at a discriminatory joke and you're saying it objectively, i.e. as a fact and not just an opinion. What am asking you is where your evidence is. I'm sorry, but you simply cannot just assume that everyone on here has laughed at such a joke and, to be honest, if you don't understand that then there's no point debating with you, is there?
are you drunk? i just said it's my opinion. i never said i carried out some gigantic worldwide study to prove that every single person has laughed at inappropriate jokes.

I THINK that everyone at some time HAS laughed at inappropriate jokes.

You are being really obnoxious right now.

Last edited by lostalex; 26-04-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 26-04-2012, 08:25 PM #64

Quote:
are you drunk? i just said it's my opinion. i never said i carried out some gigantic worldwide study to prove that every single person has laughed at inappropriate jokes.

I THINK that everyone at some time HAS laughed at inappropriate jokes.

You are being really obnoxious right now.
Erm, no, I'm not drunk, thank you, although I could do with a drink right now. Anyway, how on earth am I being obnoxious? I'm just challenging your points, as this is a debate board. You said that you're sure everyone's had a laugh at such jokes and shouldn't act so perfect. How? I said it before and I'll say it again - how do you know. Your statement claims that we all have laughed at such jokes. That is NOT an opinion, but rather a statement of fact, and I'm asking you how you know. I've never laughed at such a joke for sure, so you're definitely not speaking for everyone. What's so dofficult to understand about that?
Old 26-04-2012, 08:28 PM #65

Quote:
Erm, no, I'm not drunk, thank you, although I could do with a drink right now. Anyway, how on earth am I being obnoxious? I'm just challenging your points, as this is a debate board. You said that you're sure everyone's had a laugh at such jokes and shouldn't act so perfect. How? I said it before and I'll say it again - how do you know. Your statement claims that we all have laughed at such jokes. That is NOT an opinion, but rather a statement of fact, and I'm asking you how you know. I've never laughed at such a joke for sure, so you're definitely not speaking for everyone. What's so dofficult to understand about that?
Go bother someone else now please. i'm asking politely.

Last edited by lostalex; 26-04-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 26-04-2012, 08:29 PM #66

Quote:
go bother someone else now please.
Exactly - because you know I'm right. Anyway, I'm out of here. Wasted enough time on this topic.
Old 26-04-2012, 08:32 PM #67

Quote:
Exactly - because you know I'm right. Anyway, I'm out of here. Wasted enough time on this topic.
you havn't ever laughed at inappropriate jokes because you have no friends so you've never heard anyone tell jokes i think. and NO i can't prove that. it's JUST MY OPINION.

Last edited by lostalex; 26-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 26-04-2012, 08:39 PM #68

Quote:
you havn't ever laughed at inappropriate jokes because you have no friends so you've never heard anyone tell jokes i think. and NO i can't prove that. it's JUST MY OPINION.
Who are you to tell me I have no friends? I'm loved in my sixth form. My threads get hundreds of replies. I go clubbing with my mates. I have a girlfriend. Anyway, I've said my peace. Tara.
Old 26-04-2012, 09:52 PM #69
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
so awful that you reblogged this? http://sassyterrorist.tumblr.com/post/21870100386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Last edited by Shaun; 26-04-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 26-04-2012, 09:54 PM #70
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

omg -was just about to post that-

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 26-04-2012, 09:56 PM #71
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

It just makes me laugh how briefly "caring" some people try to paint themselves as, only to go off again laughing at racist jokes and gay stereotypes. At least be consistent. Especially when it involves the same subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Old 26-04-2012, 09:57 PM #72
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Does she like potatoes?
Old 26-04-2012, 09:58 PM #73
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

no the meme said

I can count to

her face

potato

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 26-04-2012, 10:00 PM #74
-

-

like how you cared about kerry when she died then said in plug last night 'missing kerry is too mainstream, i miss romantic old bird x' trying to be funny

just because you find something funny doesnt mean you dont care

yeah i found the potato thing funny which is why i reblogged it but it was the sheer randomness of it that made me laugh nothing else
Old 26-04-2012, 10:01 PM #75
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Oh I couldn't make that part out.

Also I don't get why the mom is parading her daughter in front of cameras because of this meme. No one would have know it was her daughter. If anything it's gonna make the meme become more popular.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
caption, facebook, girl, picture, put, trolls, vile, web