Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 18-06-2012, 11:08 PM #1

Default Lydia's tactic of build trust first with accurate observations then lie

Lydia is not always spot on.

This is what Lydia's tactics are I think.

She discusses others with someone for a while, with her observations which are accurate. She does that to gain the confidence of the person she is talking to.

Then at the end when she thinks the person she is talking to will believe her and of course spread what she says to others to affect their votes for her target, she then at the end tells a big lie.

She did it yesterday about Lauren. She said that Lauren had threatened Caroline,Sara and Ashleigh that she would tell the rest of the house that they were bullying her if they didn't agree to be her friends.She made that up and knew Lauren never did that.So of course the person she said it to believed it or that it may have happened and went to spread the BS to others that they would talk to, affecting the votes of write a few people.

And today she finished with Benedict had come into the house on a mission to discuss masturbation.IE He had just come in to force his views on people with that.She made that up and knows that is false too.

With these tactics, come out with accurate observations for a while at first she gains the trust and confidence of the person she is talking to, then she spreads the poison with the lie at end.

She may have affected quite a few of votes against Benedict and Lauren today with that
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 11:11 PM #2
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Yet we saw her sucking up to Benedick on BOTS Hopefully wankgate is enough to seal his fate.
Old 18-06-2012, 11:12 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB16: Nick
BBCanada 3: Godfrey

Favourites (more):
BB16: Nick
BBCanada 3: Godfrey

I took that comment about Lauren as more of an exaggeration (although it was a lie I guess).
What I really wonder is if it's game play or if that's really how he is? If she was competing for a dance role in a movie don't you think she'd get close to the choreographer and then say some exaggerated comment that would make the other top girl look bad?
I think it's just her. Not game play to be honest :/
jyunga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 11:16 PM #4
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):

Nah, the reason why she is doing well is she observes EVERYTHING that goes down and knows who stands where. Also with talking to people she lets them do a lot of the talking and she sits listening, adding a comment now in then but shows a real interest in what they have to say. People also like her for her honesty and thats why even though she gets into arguments nobody as of yet has anything bad to say in the aftermauth.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 11:20 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
Yet we saw her sucking up to Benedick on BOTS Hopefully wankgate is enough to seal his fate.
Yeah plotters don't usually admit that they do it do they ?

It's a well known tactic of plotters to spread lies about people then later they pretend to be their friend.

I mentioned it the other day in another thread.

Ashleigh has done it several times. She bitches about Lauren then she says something good about her.

Just as Lydia is pretending to be Benedicts friend now.They do so in order for it not to look like they were scheming and so as the person they've told the BS to is more likely to believe it and spread the BS to other folk
Old 18-06-2012, 11:21 PM #6
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
She did it yesterday about Lauren. She said that Lauren had threatened Caroline,Sara and Ashleigh that she would tell the rest of the house that they were bullying her if they didn't agree to be her friends.She made that up and knew Lauren never did that.So of course the person she said it to believed it or that it may have happened and went to spread the BS to others that they would talk to, affecting the votes of write a few people.
Im not sure what bit you mean here? I think its when she was chatting with Deana? And she commented that their friendship is fake but Sara and Ashleigh feel 'bullied' into being her friend or something like that. I dont remember Lydia telling anybody that Lauren has said anything of the sort.

But then I dont really know what youre on about lol

Quote:
And today she finished with Benedict had come into the house on a mission to discuss masturbation.IE He had just come in to force his views on people with that.She made that up and knows that is false too.
She discussed this to his face.................

Old 18-06-2012, 11:23 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Nah, the reason why she is doing well is she observes EVERYTHING that goes down and knows who stands where. Also with talking to people she lets them do a lot of the talking and she sits listening, adding a comment now in then but shows a real interest in what they have to say. People also like her for her honesty and thats why even though she gets into arguments nobody as of yet has anything bad to say in the aftermauth.
OK Did Lydia say that Lauren had threatened the girls that she would tell, the house they were bullying her if they didn't agree to be her friend.IE Insinuating blackmail.She did.

And did Lydia say that Benedict had come in on a mission to discus it.She did
Old 18-06-2012, 11:26 PM #8
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

I think you are taking what she said to literally, who did she tell that Lauren threatened the girls?

Also by mission she meant a personal mission, in which she spoke with Benedict directly about it.

Old 19-06-2012, 06:32 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
I think you are taking what she said to literally, who did she tell that Lauren threatened the girls?

Also by mission she meant a personal mission, in which she spoke with Benedict directly about it.

I am not just taking it too literally. She actually said and did these things. She wouldn't have said and done those things unless she wanted to have an effect on nominations.

I have been trying to find youtube clips to prove it but I can't find them of the incidents which I'm on about.Someone above knows that they saw her say that about Lauren.Perhaps they or someone else can find a clip to help me prove so.

And also I'm fairly sure she also talked about Ben entering the house on a mission while he wasn't there too.And anyway it doesn't really matter if he was there or not the other people around still heard it and were likely to be affected by it.
Old 19-06-2012, 06:42 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
OK Did Lydia say that Lauren had threatened the girls that she would tell, the house they were bullying her if they didn't agree to be her friend.IE Insinuating blackmail.She did.

And did Lydia say that Benedict had come in on a mission to discus it.She did
No, she didn't say it. She implied it - she planted the seed that it was simply understood that if the girls didn't let Lauren play their reindeer games, they'd be labeled a bully. She wasn't in any way suggesting Lauren had said any such thing - she was dancing around it to make everyone else in the conversation believe that if THEY didn't include her, they would also be labelled a bully, and that somehow, that means they were being manipulated by Lauren.

The thing is, she's right. They've shown no reason for Lauren to be hated, and the girls attitude towards her is already drawing Mean Girls comments. That's not lying. It's perception and common sense. The fact that it has nothing to do with Lauren's own behavior is irrelevant - if she's saved this week, she'll be untouchable.
Indy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 06:48 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
No, she didn't say it. She implied it - she planted the seed that it was simply understood that if the girls didn't let Lauren play their reindeer games, they'd be labeled a bully. She wasn't in any way suggesting Lauren had said any such thing - she was dancing around it to make everyone else in the conversation believe that if THEY didn't include her, they would also be labelled a bully, and that somehow, that means they were being manipulated by Lauren.

The thing is, she's right. They've shown no reason for Lauren to be hated, and the girls attitude towards her is already drawing Mean Girls comments. That's not lying. It's perception and common sense. The fact that it has nothing to do with Lauren's own behavior is irrelevant - if she's saved this week, she'll be untouchable.
I think she did say it. I know what just imply means. And even if it is how you say, then it is still devious and manipulative, she was still trying to get others to believe Lauren may say she was being bullied unless people appeared friendly to her.
Old 19-06-2012, 06:52 AM #12

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

Lydia loves to gossip and knows what to say to specific people. She is scheme-y and may stretch the truth as well.

In the bathroom when they were all discussing Benedict's conversation with Caroline, no one mentions Lauren's support for Benedict until Ashleigh arrives. When Ashleigh comes into the bathroom, Lydia just has to bring up that Lauren agreed with Benedict only because she knew that Ashleigh doesn't like Lauren in the first place.
canucksgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 06:55 AM #13

That's like saying it's devious and manipulative to point out that anyone who floats will survive longer. Lydia may be stating the obvious to try and sway people to nom the same way she does, but that's not really manipulative. Manipulative would be convincing them outright to never nom her for some bs reason. She's stated facts, and conjectured on how the public will receive those facts - and so far, she's been accurate.

I don't think she's an evil mastermind, only your average message board/ social media using reality show viewer with more brain cells than a box of corn flakes. She hasn't yet pointed out anything that hasn't been pointed out ad nauseum in any given season of any reality show with a social game.
Indy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accurate, build, lie, lydia, observations, tactic, trust