Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 27-06-2012, 04:45 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Default Lorraine Newman confirmed as EastEnders new permanent producer

Lorraine Newman is to take on the role of EastEnders's executive producer in a permanent capacity, it has been announced today (June 27).

Newman, who has been part of the EastEnders team for nearly 20 years, accepted the position on an acting basis in March after her predecessor Bryan Kirkwood decided to stand down. She will now take up the permanent position with immediate effect.

Speaking of her appointment, Newman commented: "It is an absolute honour to be taking on the role of executive producer at EastEnders on a permanent basis.

"My passion for EastEnders was ignited during my first stint on the show as script secretary at the age of 19 and this passion has continued to grow ever since. I am looking forward to leading a talented creative team, cast and crew into 2013."

John Yorke, Controller of BBC Drama Production and New Talent, added: "Over the last few months, Lorraine Newman has steered the show through a period of considerable change, and she's done an amazing job positioning the show for one of the most exciting autumns I can remember.

"Lorraine has been part of EastEnders for nearly 20 years, and is the first executive producer to have occupied every editorial role on the show. Starting as a script secretary she has risen through the ranks, finding herself as series producer and second in command for the last seven years.

"With her depth of experience, her passion for the programme and her commitment to talent on-screen and off, she's the perfect person to take EastEnders forward."

Kirkwood, who was executive producer for two years, recently returned to Lime Pictures to expand its reality and scripted programming.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
confirmed, eastenders, lorraine, newman, permanent, producer