Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 30-07-2012, 10:52 PM #26
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfacrown View Post
This was predicted by members today. It all seemed carefully planned: panellist criticises Luke A, cue Emma to start on about B.M.I. Jamie produces a long monologue deeply critical of Luke A. The only reason shown for the nominations was Luke A's from Becky's relative (B.M.I.). On and on it went about the B.M.I. 'scandal', including showing Luke A, tortured as proof of his guilt. They must think we're mad or stupid.

The point is not the comment itself; it's the bizarre way that BOTS twisted it wildly out of proportion, as though the whole series hasn't been overflowing with bile from, Caroline, Conner, Ashleigh etc. The BB show tonight was also strange, as though it was meant to be a re-set, where we should forget all that's gone before and re-judge the housemates anew, starting with BOTS that followed: very dodgy.
Exactly!
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 10:54 PM #27
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This was predicted by members today. It all seemed carefully planned: panellist criticises Luke A, cue Emma to start on about B.M.I. Jamie produces a long monologue deeply critical of Luke A. The only reason shown for the nominations was Luke A's from Becky's relative (B.M.I.). On and on it went about the B.M.I. 'scandal', including showing Luke A, tortured as proof of his guilt. They must think we're mad or stupid.The point is not the comment itself; it's the bizarre way that BOTS twisted it wildly out of proportion, as though the whole series hasn't been overflowing with bile from, Caroline, Conner, Ashleigh etc. The BB show tonight was also strange, as though it was meant to be a re-set, where we should forget all that's gone before and re-judge the housemates anew, starting with BOTS that followed: very dodgy.
The BOTS audience were taken aback I think at the anti Luke A slant and didnt roll over for once....I like them tonight, especially the handsome young articulate black man in the front row.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 10:54 PM #28
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalite View Post
Exactly!
Ive v+ it ,dont know if i can bear to watch now, how DARE they attack Luke, when nothing was said about what Caroline said about Luke ?
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:04 PM #29
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Ive v+ it ,dont know if i can bear to watch now, how DARE they attack Luke, when nothing was said about what Caroline said about Luke ?
Watch it, it will make you vote.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:29 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherieB View Post
The BOTS audience were taken aback I think at the anti Luke A slant and didnt roll over for once....I like them tonight, especially the handsome young articulate black man in the front row.
Yes there was shock and confusion. I thought Emma was pulling faces when the audience were going off-message. How strange too that the first caller was a Luke A hater, who spoke for several minutes and the second one, who hated Becky and Ashleigh, couldn't explain herself, was cut short!
halfacrown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:33 PM #31
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
Yes there was shock and confusion. I thought Emma was pulling faces when the audience were going off-message. How strange too that the first caller was a Luke A hater, who spoke for several minutes and the second one, who hated Becky and Ashleigh, couldn't explain herself, was cut short!
Typical BB favouritism

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2012, 11:37 PM #32
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Why would they decide to only show Luke A's BMI comment tonight on BBOTs and not anyone elses?

Is this BB's way of giving Becky a vote to save advantage over Luke?

I can't understand, other than giving Becky an advantage with all the fatties out there, why they would only show that and not any of the other F&F reasons for voting.

It's not fair and shouldn't have been done. They need to either show them all or show none.

If you look at it from BB's point of view to get the vote revenue in, and try and get the viewing figures up, they know from past votes that both Deana and LukeA are quite liked, they may not want Becky or Ashleigh necessarily to stay Friday, but they will play on any perceived good points of theirs, and any perceived bad points of Deana's and LukeA's, and likely show clips way out of context for that reason. They know full well Deana and LukeA fans will then vote in their droves to save them. Job done for BB re the latest eviction, they know perfectly well what they are doing.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 30-07-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 02:18 AM #33
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
Because the highlights favour her 90% of the time, just look back to week 2 when she stole Chris and Conor's food and it was never shown.
Is this a ****ing joke? She has been portrayed EXTREMELY negatively in the HLs for the past three or four weeks. These conspiracy theories get more and more ridiculous about how BB is always trying to protect the "chosen ones" and this is all just an extension of the atrocity that was the online forums circa fall 2011 in BB12, the worst season ever.

Becky's sister mentioned the BMI comment as a reason for her nomination. She's free to talk about whatever she wants and everyone's being critical of C5 airing WHY BECKY'S SISTER NOMINATED LUKE A. The whole point of BOTS is to talk about the recent happenings in the house. Becky's sister nominated Luke A today, hence it will be talked about.

I'm not even a Becky fan, I hate her. But I'm so sick of hearing all these conspiracy theories about how C5 is out to get Deana, Adam, and Luke A when they've been given great edits for the past month. All of the Insiders are portrayed in extremely negative lights and are hated by the general public, if the boos and low betting odds haven't been enough hints. All this bull**** needs to stop. We saw this last season and it made the forums a ****ing battlefield to navigate. All this **** is ridiculous and when the forums pick their "chosen one," it all becomes a self-victimizing pity party about how the world is out to get them.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 03:16 AM #34
fur sure

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
CBB14: Gary

fur sure

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
CBB14: Gary

Quote:
It's ridiculous. A few shows back there was a caller who started slating a HM and was allowed to do so, but then another caller was slating Becky and Caroline and Jamie told them "not to get personal". Fine if we don't want the calls to be mean or rude, but all calls should have the same rules.
Old 31-07-2012, 03:17 AM #35

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Quote:
This was predicted by members today. It all seemed carefully planned: panellist criticises Luke A, cue Emma to start on about B.M.I. Jamie produces a long monologue deeply critical of Luke A. The only reason shown for the nominations was Luke A's from Becky's relative (B.M.I.). On and on it went about the B.M.I. 'scandal', including showing Luke A, tortured as proof of his guilt. They must think we're mad or stupid.

The point is not the comment itself; it's the bizarre way that BOTS twisted it wildly out of proportion, as though the whole series hasn't been overflowing with bile from, Caroline, Conner, Ashleigh etc. The BB show tonight was also strange, as though it was meant to be a re-set, where we should forget all that's gone before and re-judge the housemates anew, starting with BOTS that followed: very dodgy.
This.
Old 31-07-2012, 03:31 AM #36

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren

As a staunch Outsiders fan I completely disagree. In fact I think the way LukeA and Becky reacted to the revelation showed a stark contrast in both maturity and empathy. Luke A came off as very remorseful and Becky came off as a complete vindictive drama queen.

It would actually be ridiculous for them NOT to show the BMI revelation. It was by far the most emotional event of the day. Not showing it would leave evryone confused as to what Becky was ****ting on about and why Luke A was so despondant.

Last edited by WozMan; 31-07-2012 at 03:32 AM.
WozMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 03:33 AM #37
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by WozMan View Post
As a staunch Outsiders fan I completely disagree. In fact I think the way LukeA and Becky reacted to the revelation showed a stark contrast in both maturity and empathy. Luke A came off as very remorseful and Becky came off as a complete vindictive drama queen.

It would actually be ridiculous for them NOT to show the BMI revelation. It was by far the most emotional event of the day. Not showing it would leave evryone confused as to what Becky was ****ting on about and why Luke A was so despondant.
This.
Old 31-07-2012, 06:47 AM #38

Quote:

I agree with you in your assessment of Becky and Luke A's characters but the way BOTS was put together was not about showing Luke A's empathy and maturity, quite the opposite. To me it was about dramatising the event and ultimately highlighting Becky's righteous rage. Jamie's lengthy monologue regarding Luke A's character wasn't about his empathy and maturity either, it was a sideswipe at his so-called game playing and tried to make him look sinister.

Obviously there was no problem in BOTS showing the argument, it was the way they framed it, and by giving it so much air time, they were distorting the importance of it. As was mentioned earlier, why didn't they show Deana's friend using Connor's vicious threats to Deana, as the reason for her nomination? It was a very one-sided programme.
Old 31-07-2012, 07:02 AM #39

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
BB12: Heaven

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
BB12: Heaven

they may be, i know they have been doing it for deana for weeks, just not in a very direct or obvious way.

the producers give pushes here, pulls there, a negative image of a certain group of housemates today, a favorable one tomorrow, the whole thing is organic, its day to day, and even tho in most cases the end game or result they want to get to does not change, how they get there does. so people get turned into casualties of producer manipulation : (

by bb showing adam and luke a in a slightly more negative than normal way the last few nights for instance they took a little attention off of deana i think... yaa she still ended up for noms but she came off not looking to bad at all especially even to the public on the edits of late. edits go thumbs down a bit on adam/luke, in turn, edits go thumbs up on deana a bit. public opinion starts to change and skew a bit. its all calculated, every VT, every comment from a panel guest on BOTS, they book certain guests on certain nights, or certain "TYPES" of guests for a number/block of days or weeks when they are tryin to maintain certain opinions or images of housemates or storylines, they know what guests have which views of what housemates in advance, they know who will be pushed and who will not be, who will look good, and who will look bad.

but back to the noms thing, LUKE A seemed to be the one all the insiders are focusing on. you dont see connor being nasty to deana lately, you dont see anyone calling her and actress anymore. big brother is smart. in fact i think 100% bb knows deana is going to win already and they have been prepping her (US) (THE PUBLIC) for that very thing. its just reverse psychology, if BB pushes deana hard in a good way, we think they are trying to shove her down our throats and we get turned off of her,

BUTTT if we think shes being showed an injustice by BB we rally behind her, which has happened over the last few weeks, shes even more popular than last years winner aaron at this same point last year by miles.. her support now is so big its ridiculous. shes going to win, and thats that. all we do now is watch how it all happens. end of story..

deana to win, adam for the runner up!

Last edited by toronto_matt; 31-07-2012 at 07:25 AM.
toronto_matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 07:23 AM #40

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

The disgustingly greedy cow confessed to having stolen and stored a stash of food under her bed which is ALL for her own consumption. She already eats for England never mind having a private hoard whilst others are going hungry, yet SHE takes the moral high ground?!

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 07:30 AM #41

If showing all the smiling Becky was doing during her fake tantrum today is a favorable edit, I'd hate to see what they'd do if they really wanted to sandbag someone.
Indy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 07:46 AM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

If they are trying to save Becky it a bit late with how she's been the last few weeks, i want her out.
sarah78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 08:00 AM #43

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullally01 View Post
What a load of **** 90% my ass. I just can't understand why so many people hate her. I seriously believe if she was a slim size 8 she would be liked. She's funny she's entertaining which is a fact as shiovonne told me but she also said bb won't show it because of the stuff she's doing is copyright. She told me that she has them all in stitches everyday and yes that's including Luke a. That's why she probably got so upset at the BMW comment. I also noticed that Adam and deana kept very quiet hmmmmmmmmmm
Rubbish!!! Give me one incident where Becky is remotely funny? and has she got a BMW,lol,she needs to rev it up and bog off,she is a sorry excuse for a woman

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 08:45 AM #44
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

There is a point where becky had allot of support on this forum (including myself) until she viciously turned on Lauren and pushed her under the bus. Ever since Shievonne's eviction she has turned into such a horrid person doing whatever it is necessary to please the insiders. Also the way she turned on Deana, when she first went in there Deana was her favourite housemate then the minute the task was over she droped her like a hot potatoe.

armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 08:51 AM #45
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:

Yes but my problem was that they showed it as an exclusive on BOTS. The ONLY nomination reason shown was Becky's relatives BMI comment.

Why do that? Why not save it for the HL show the next day where we could see ALL reasons for nominations and it would have been fair. I'm sure there were plenty of other "exclusives" they could have aired instead, but the didn't they decided to air that and only that and then the whole "Becky milking it" afterwards.

Don't forget that voting lines were already open by that time so in my eyes they've given Becky a 24 hour advantage over the rest of the evictees by airing that scene exclusively the day before the HL show.

As I've said - I'm all for letting other HMs know what has been said about them by other HMs so, for entertainment purposes, we can watch the self desctruction, bickering and arguing as a result. But it seems to be only certain invididuals that BB producers are willing to put into the firing line. Eg. Luke S interview and his truth about Ashleigh with Bell Bar media has NEVER been shown to the HMs or Ashleigh, nor has Carolines rants, Conors abusive rants, Becky's bitching sessions, Ashleighs hate obsession with the other more attractive female HMs, Scott & Co's stealing of food and alcohol.

My request is be fair and show them all or just don't do it at all!
Old 31-07-2012, 10:15 AM #46
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes but my problem was that they showed it as an exclusive on BOTS. The ONLY nomination reason shown was Becky's relatives BMI comment.

Why do that? Why not save it for the HL show the next day where we could see ALL reasons for nominations and it would have been fair. I'm sure there were plenty of other "exclusives" they could have aired instead, but the didn't they decided to air that and only that and then the whole "Becky milking it" afterwards.

Don't forget that voting lines were already open by that time so in my eyes they've given Becky a 24 hour advantage over the rest of the evictees by airing that scene exclusively the day before the HL show.

As I've said - I'm all for letting other HMs know what has been said about them by other HMs so, for entertainment purposes, we can watch the self desctruction, bickering and arguing as a result. But it seems to be only certain invididuals that BB producers are willing to put into the firing line. Eg. Luke S interview and his truth about Ashleigh with Bell Bar media has NEVER been shown to the HMs or Ashleigh, nor has Carolines rants, Conors abusive rants, Becky's bitching sessions, Ashleighs hate obsession with the other more attractive female HMs, Scott & Co's stealing of food and alcohol.

My request is be fair and show them all or just don't do it at all!
Because Bit on the Side is meant to talk about the recent events. Considering the tension that the comment caused, it was shown and discussed.

Seriously, there are already four or five threads about how the show is now "out to get" Deana and Luke A and support the Insiders but the edit has been brutal to the Insiders. Seriously we all need to shut up about these contrived conspiracy theories because they're merely theories, poorly constructed ones at that.
Old 31-07-2012, 10:19 AM #47
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherieB View Post
Watch it, it will make you vote.
I was voting anyway !! but having watched it Im disgusted by Emma,Jamie, why only show Beckys family? this is singling her out ,and trying to make luke look like the devil which he is not ,I will send part of today bombarding BBBOTS Facebook site
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2012, 10:25 AM #48
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I was voting anyway !! but having watched it Im disgusted by Emma,Jamie, why only show Beckys family? this is singling her out ,and trying to make luke look like the devil which he is not ,I will send part of today bombarding BBBOTS Facebook site
They only showed Becky's sister because of the drama it caused. Bit on the Side is to discuss the recent events, that was a big recent event. Nothing more, nothing less. Luke A has been getting a phenomenal edit all season and they're not throwing it away at Day 56.
Old 31-07-2012, 11:05 AM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
Because Bit on the Side is meant to talk about the recent events. Considering the tension that the comment caused, it was shown and discussed.

Seriously, there are already four or five threads about how the show is now "out to get" Deana and Luke A and support the Insiders but the edit has been brutal to the Insiders. Seriously we all need to shut up about these contrived conspiracy theories because they're merely theories, poorly constructed ones at that.
Why should any of us 'shut up'? This thread is about yesterday night's BOTS, not about how the insiders have been treated. If you don't think there was bias in the show, that's fine but I think you should look at those posts that suggest there was, and say why you disagree specifically. I don't think it's good enough to talk about people's opinions as 'merely theories, poorly constructed ones at that' without explaining yourself, as your words seem dismissive and rather vague.
Old 31-07-2012, 11:23 AM #50
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post

And you're 100% sure that that comment from Becky's sister was THE ONLY comment that caused tension in the house after nominations were given?

Are you part of the production or editing team then that you can be so sure that nobody elses nomination reasons caused a stir or arguments?

It's not a theory by the way. Did you watch BOTS? As I said, why choose only that comment to air as an exclusive? Why not wait until the HL show and show them all which would be fair to all HMs up for eviction?

Oh, and incase you hadn't noticed ALL the F&F nominations were recent events - not just Becky's!

P.S. As someone who has worked in video/TV editing before.... the editing of the Insiders has been so brutal because they are a bunch of twats and that makes all of them an editors dream on a show like this! In fact I expect there is so much footage that it was hard to know what to cut!

Last edited by Marmalite; 31-07-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, becky, save