Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 AM #1

Default So what if Becky is 'happy about being fat'?

I don't support Becky, think she can be quite malicious and over the top however I think people are being quite stupid.

Just because Becky says she is happy about being fat and doesn't care what people say, it doesn't mean that's how she actually feels or doesn't make it acceptable for people to make rude comments about her weight..

Even if she doesn't care it's not for others to comment so Luke A is in the wrong and I don't see how people can try to stick up for him with, 'yh but becky dunt care she sed tht she is happi bein fat so it dnt matta?xx' It's just stupid.
Scream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:20 AM #2
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

He's right though, she doesn't respect her BMI. Insult or not, it's true. It's not like he called her a 'stupid fat bitch'.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
He's right though, she doesn't respect her BMI. Insult or not, it's true. It's not like he called her a 'stupid fat bitch'.
Yeah but if she said something like he doesn't respect that God made him male then that's not an insult because clearly he doesn't as he wanted to change gender. However it's not like she called him a 'stupid transgendered twat'.
Scream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:45 AM #4
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

It wouldnt be true to say she respects her BMI.

Shed be classed as obese.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:49 AM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Olivia

God is make-believe while a person's BMI is very real.
What Luke said was undeniably true. Becky's even said herself that she doesn't care about being as overweight as she is and isn't bothered what people say about it either.

Also being born in the wrong sex body is a very real medical condition. It's not like Luke just fancies having a male body instead of a female one. His brain is now and always has been that of a man and he just wants to correct a mistake that happened when his chromosomes determined which sex his body would develop as.
It's like saying that someone who's born with a hole in their heart shouldn't have surgery to fix it because it was "God's choice" to make them with a hole in their heart.

Your hypothetical example is a very poor one!
Luke's condition has nothing to do with a fictional guy who so very obviously didn't create the Universe or anything in it. That was down to science and the laws of nature!

Last edited by JTM45; 01-08-2012 at 03:53 AM.
JTM45 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:08 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB13 USA: Jeff

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Jeff

Becky has done and said so much in that house that is just "nasty" (as she likes to call other housemates all the time)...that I can understand how Luke A lost his temper and without thinking, said what he said. He was angry, and rightly so. While it may have been insensitive to say, he did not say it to her face, or to her friends in the house. Yes, he has to answer to the public for saying it, and yes, it was a bad thing to say, but Becky has to expect that she can't be the only one in the house to dish it out, and not have to take it too. She had been trash talking Luke A for weeks previous to get "in" with the insiders, and then tells Luke A that she just "sings his praises" about him all the time. I'd have to say this is the first thing Luke A has ever done to her, and it's the worst thing he's ever said or done in the house, for his entire duration thus far. The same cannot be said about Becky. She stirs the pot constantly, spreading the gossip, lighting the fires, and she's even stealing what little food her housemates have to eat, and hoarding it under her bed! Some "friend" she is to her "alliance". I think continually stealing food from all of your housemates is much worse than stating an obvious truth that she does not respect her BMI. Also, while she may have been born on the heavy side, and she may in fact have a slow metabolism, or a problem with her thyroid, or on a medication that made her put on a lot of weight...none of that changes the fact that she refuses to exercise, refuses to eat healthy, and really does absolutely nothing to slow the process of weight gain. In fact, she has stated many times she wants to get bigger, and expressed dissapointment when she learned she had lost some weight in the house. So this is not a girl who is showing to any of her housemates, or the public (until the BMI comment was revealed to her) that she is insecure, remorseful, shy, embarrassed, or ashamed of her weight. Of course we know it was a comment that was hurtful, but her reaction is just a tad overkill, no?

Last edited by Becky_Out_NOW; 01-08-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Becky_Out_NOW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:21 AM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Deana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post
I don't support Becky, think she can be quite malicious and over the top however I think people are being quite stupid.

Just because Becky says she is happy about being fat and doesn't care what people say, it doesn't mean that's how she actually feels or doesn't make it acceptable for people to make rude comments about her weight..

Even if she doesn't care it's not for others to comment so Luke A is in the wrong and I don't see how people can try to stick up for him with, 'yh but becky dunt care she sed tht she is happi bein fat so it dnt matta?xx' It's just stupid.
i agree completely not just it being towards becky but to anyone.

im not convinced though that she was as upset as she portrayed it to be.
as far as she knows she is still popular in the outside cuz of the cheering she heard last time she was up for eviction, and she knows that luke has given her ammunitions and shes pulling the trigger.

what convinced me of this is when she said something along the lines of "i couldn't be more happier with this weeks eviction" which led me to believe that she thinks the public will turn on luke, therefore she feels the needs to show us a reaction to intensify the situation.

surely she knows that out of all the hms luke is the one who is more than capable to understand and be able to sort the situation out with, yet she concludes it with "I don't want to see him ever again in my life" as if luke has murdered her family.

Continually liking -Adam-Luke A-Luke S-

Continually embarrassing themselves -Caroline-Becky-Scott-Ashleigh

Shame they are gone -Chris-Benidict-Lydia-Victoria-Shivonne-Lauren

Glad they are gone -Arron

wtf? -Conor
rayheartbliss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:39 AM #8
-

-

Quote:

Luke A did go too far but, Becky has taken the mickey out of herself being fat before. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the sort of joke she'd make about herself.
Ryan57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:16 AM #9

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp

Quote:

Don't give me that rubbish - she's exercised her vile gob to make some really malicious comments about Luke A including saying she wished she had a penis to p*ss on him. That's a direct reference to his gender reassignment. It's a pity his wife didn't tell him, but then she wouldn't want to deliberately upset him, unlike Becky's thick sister who made sure she repeated a remark knowing it would hurt her sister because TRUTH hurts.

As to Becky's weight being remarked on, of course it will be talked about just as people talk about who's fit, or who's unattractive. Becky is fat, no denying that. Fat is an adjective describing appearance. Becky is greedy and is responsible for her own size- she does NOT respect her body or her BMI. Luke made a perfectly factual observation to someone else, and he is allowed to express his opinion.

He should have stood by his right to have an opinion and NOT gone crawling to Becky to apologise, since he had nothing to apologise for. He's right, she is absolutely loving her role as victim, when in fact her fat is self inflicted and
she revels in her role as the stereotypical fat, jolly girl next door, allowing herself to be the butt of Conor and Luke S's jokes just to get some male attention. It's not just her BMI she doesn't respect, it's herself she is disrespecting by crawling around lowlife like Conor and Ashleigh for approval.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:39 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Don't give me that rubbish - she's exercised her vile gob to make some really malicious comments about Luke A including saying she wished she had a penis to p*ss on him. That's a direct reference to his gender reassignment. It's a pity his wife didn't tell him, but then she wouldn't want to deliberately upset him, unlike Becky's thick sister who made sure she repeated a remark knowing it would hurt her sister because TRUTH hurts.

As to Becky's weight being remarked on, of course it will be talked about just as people talk about who's fit, or who's unattractive. Becky is fat, no denying that. Fat is an adjective describing appearance. Becky is greedy and is responsible for her own size- she does NOT respect her body or her BMI. Luke made a perfectly factual observation to someone else, and he is allowed to express his opinion.

He should have stood by his right to have an opinion and NOT gone crawling to Becky to apologise, since he had nothing to apologise for. He's right, she is absolutely loving her role as victim, when in fact her fat is self inflicted and
she revels in her role as the stereotypical fat, jolly girl next door, allowing herself to be the butt of Conor and Luke S's jokes just to get some male attention. It's not just her BMI she doesn't respect, it's herself she is disrespecting by crawling around lowlife like Conor and Ashleigh for approval.
Lovely jubbly!
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:13 AM #11

Quote:

It's very simple really. Luke A said that Becky doesn't respect her BMI, which (as Becky might say) 'litrullly' means that she doesn't care about her weight.

And you ask 'so what if she doesn't care about her weight'? Well that's all he's saying - that she doesn't care about her weight.

Not quite sure what part of that you're not getting, to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_Out_NOW View Post
Becky has done and said so much in that house that is just "nasty" (as she likes to call other housemates all the time)...that I can understand how Luke A lost his temper and without thinking, said what he said. He was angry, and rightly so. While it may have been insensitive to say, he did not say it to her face, or to her friends in the house. Yes, he has to answer to the public for saying it, and yes, it was a bad thing to say, but Becky has to expect that she can't be the only one in the house to dish it out, and not have to take it too. She had been trash talking Luke A for weeks previous to get "in" with the insiders, and then tells Luke A that she just "sings his praises" about him all the time. I'd have to say this is the first thing Luke A has ever done to her, and it's the worst thing he's ever said or done in the house, for his entire duration thus far. The same cannot be said about Becky. She stirs the pot constantly, spreading the gossip, lighting the fires, and she's even stealing what little food her housemates have to eat, and hoarding it under her bed! Some "friend" she is to her "alliance". I think continually stealing food from all of your housemates is much worse than stating an obvious truth that she does not respect her BMI. Also, while she may have been born on the heavy side, and she may in fact have a slow metabolism, or a problem with her thyroid, or on a medication that made her put on a lot of weight...none of that changes the fact that she refuses to exercise, refuses to eat healthy, and really does absolutely nothing to slow the process of weight gain. In fact, she has stated many times she wants to get bigger, and expressed dissapointment when she learned she had lost some weight in the house. So this is not a girl who is showing to any of her housemates, or the public (until the BMI comment was revealed to her) that she is insecure, remorseful, shy, embarrassed, or ashamed of her weight. Of course we know it was a comment that was hurtful, but her reaction is just a tad overkill, no?
WOAH!!!!

*paragraphs*

I agree with you, of course.
patsylimerick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 AM #12

I agree in that Becky may be more concerned about her size than she is letting on, its understandable to mask how you truly feel sometimes.

I am not a supporter of Beckys. but wether it was a mistake or not Luke A should never have made that BMI comment.

He feels bad and so he should, I like Luke A hes been an honest, nice type of guy, but that particular comment wasn't necessary!
rsefitpro2011 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 AM #13
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Luke shouldn't have gotten upset, he played right into beckys hands, he should have apologised and thats it.
Every one of the 'insiders' have made a rude comment about someone ....
Don't let her play the victim for a second luke!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 AM #14
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

with her bmi she will be classed as obese and thats a fact.
she has been nasty and rude and has luke pointed out her reaction was not that of someone that was hurt by his comment but someone filled with glee with amunition to shoot luke down and boy did she go for it hoping he will get evicted on the back of it.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:41 AM #15

It wasn't a nice thing to say, but he might just as well have said 'as much as she cares about her health'. It's up to Becky what she weighs but she can't have it both ways. I don't think she is cool about her weight actually, quite the opposite. Neither do I think Luke's comment was that bad, given the context and the bile that's come from Caroline, Coner, Ashleigh and Becky this series.
halfacrown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 AM #16

I wonder what her reaction would have been if Conor had said it.She would probably have laughed and that would have been that.She is just being a cow because it was an outsider that said it.
Bojangles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:57 AM #17
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Scream, you are right in my view, you have to be careful what you say and how you mean it too.
I think Luke A is being pilloried way too much for this but he did make the comment in a not conciliatory way, he was angry at Becky and referred to her size.
His problem is he didn't jump in and say, I shouldn't have said that,he thought it a huge joke. Therein lies his problem as to his credibility now.

I am at Uni and making that comment as he did as to another Student or some hierarchy at the Uni,if they learned about it, I would be really given a massive dressing down for such a comment.
Just as he should not have any references made in a joking or unpleasant way as to his transition from Female to Male, then definatley neither should he, of all people after all he has gone through, be referring to anyone elses appearance in an unpleasant way either.( He did say that himself too after it came out).

His problem is the way it was revealed,by her Sister at nominations,he is now only showing remorse for saying it because it has come out and he now knows the public have seen it too. had he at least shown remorse for it just after he had said it then his credibility would have been intact.

It is sad but people do now have to be very careful what they say,especially in public, joking is fine on some things but he was far from joking when he made this comment at the time he did and people have seen and heard that and he knows they have now too.

He can't do more than apologise and has done so, however in this situation, Becky is the insulted individual and it's down to her if she accepts his apology,I am not holding my breath on that one however.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 AM #18

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post

Spot on Angus

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 AM #19

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Or a fat, ugly blob, which is what she called Chris.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:27 AM #20
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Anyone who gets upset if someone brings their weight or BMI into question, is defo not happy in their own body. Her denial is a defence mechanism and a well worn t shirt for the fat and lazy that weigh our NHS and DSS down with excuses for gluttony and laziness, END OF.

Where else in the world can you sit in a chair in front of a tv and gorge yourself into obesity then ask the rest of the country to pay for your rent and existence while still feeding your fat face. Obesity through normal, non medical problems, should be declared an offence. I have a neighbour who is 25 stone, she gets over Ł250 per week from DLA and her husband gets carers, they have a new car every three years, she gets her house and tax paid for and they take 3 holidays a year. Neither have worked a day since leaving school. All because she has a medical note saying obestiy is a disease. B.llocks, her disease is she is a fat lazy greedy cow. Enter Becky in 5 years time when her legs wont carry her mass anymore.

Last edited by sampvt; 01-08-2012 at 09:34 AM.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:30 AM #21
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
Or a fat, ugly blob, which is what she called Chris.
Yep, dice faced mess!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:46 AM #22

Quote:
She wasnt meant to hear it...he would never have said it to her face. He was talking about her so called 'respect' for him and tried to make a comparison and that comment slipped out.

They have all said things about each other that have not got back. Thats why I think BB should show them all the things they have said about each other and some of them have been equally as cruel....and Becky is as guilty of that as anyone. Then it might all be put in a little more perspective.
rusticgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 AM #23
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

User banned

Favourites (more):

She has said plenty of nasty ,cutting things about hm8s, if they were shown to who she said them about ,they too would be hurt, I really dont think becky was as upset it about as she made out, shes was struggling to stop herself laughing,then realised she could milk it for camera time
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:09 AM #24

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles View Post
I wonder what her reaction would have been if Conor had said it.She would probably have laughed and that would have been that.She is just being a cow because it was an outsider that said it.
As we have seen, Conor can pretty much say whatever vile invective he likes, show no remorse whatsoever, and still be the best friend of everyone in the in-crowd.

Luke A's regret for the BMI remark was appropriate and still shows him in a better light than the likes of Conor and Caroline (the latter in particular - some of her comments about Adam and Luke A make the BMI comment pale in comparison). There was also an ironic element of karma in it, as Becky must have known she got off very lightly for her pilfering. I suspect if the others HMs knew what sin she was actually "absolving", they would not have considered painting smiles on everyone to be an aqequate recompense.
Anthony Hatface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:17 AM #25
-

-

Quote:

Have to agree with you here. I feel bad for her when she reads up on internet forums, she is in for a shock.

Last edited by Jake.; 01-08-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
becky, fat, happy