Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:45 PM #1

Default Am I out of order?

I'm a pretty staunch anti Becky campaigner partly because of her personality, I pegged her as soon as she entered the house as a nasty piece of work and a quick look through my post's will confirm this. However I see a lot of people jumping to her defence when they think people are having a go because she's fat when a lot of the time this is not the reason for the dislike.

I will admit one of the reason's I don't like her is because she's fat and because of some of her defender's eloquent arguments I've tried to look at why this is. I'm in HM Forces so I'm quite disciplined when it comes to a lot of things including fitness and looking after yourself and this is the only reason I can come up with. But my problem is this, despite all the things I dislike about her the first thing I think when I look at her is, eugh what a mess. Am I out of order??
Old 01-08-2012, 11:51 PM #2
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

In a word, no.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:00 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheMods View Post
I'm a pretty staunch anti Becky campaigner partly because of her personality, I pegged her as soon as she entered the house as a nasty piece of work and a quick look through my post's will confirm this. However I see a lot of people jumping to her defence when they think people are having a go because she's fat when a lot of the time this is not the reason for the dislike.

I will admit one of the reason's I don't like her is because she's fat and because of some of her defender's eloquent arguments I've tried to look at why this is. I'm in HM Forces so I'm quite disciplined when it comes to a lot of things including fitness and looking after yourself and this is the only reason I can come up with. But my problem is this, despite all the things I dislike about her the first thing I think when I look at her is, eugh what a mess. Am I out of order??
I don't believe so. Anyone who cares to check my own history will find the discussion we had early on about her milking her weight. I used to be larger than she is, I am not, and haven't been for a very long time. I'm also twice her age.

When I was her age, I didn't have a vast internet at my disposal (and I had to walk to school barefoot, uphill, both ways, in the snow). I still managed through TV, magazines and my mother's advice to figure out how to dress appropriately for my size.

Becky does the exact opposite - she wears clothes that appear to have been chosen because they accentuate her fat and reveal as much of it as possible. And incidentally, in that video I posted last night that shows her before she was on the show, her wardrobe isn't so extreme, just like her voice.

There are a few women I know from school that I have friended on facebook. They are very large, and part of a scene for men who like large women. Through the year, they have parties - themed ballroom events with very scantily clad 300-500 lb women surrounded by fully clothed men trying to get a hook up.

A lot of Becky's behavior reminds me of those women, and the pictures they post of these events. They are targeting their behavior for a specific audience, even though it repulses a lot of other people. She's not just floundering and looking the worst possible by chance - she's designing herself to look that way. There are occasional moments when she dresses up and the look isn't as extreme...like those cammies she screeched about having to wear.

Last edited by Indy; 02-08-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Indy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:08 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I don't believe so. Anyone who cares to check my own history will find the discussion we had early on about her milking her weight. I used to be larger than she is, I am not, and haven't been for a very long time. I'm also twice her age.

When I was her age, I didn't have a vast internet at my disposal (and I had to walk to school barefoot, uphill, both ways, in the snow). I still managed through TV, magazines and my mother's advice to figure out how to dress appropriately for my size.

Becky does the exact opposite - she wears clothes that appear to have been chosen because they accentuate her fat and reveal as much of it as possible. And incidentally, in that video I posted last night that shows her before she was on the show, her wardrobe isn't so extreme, just like her voice.

There are a few women I know from school that I have friended on facebook. They are very large, and part of a scene for men who like large women. Through the year, they have parties - themed ballroom events with very scantily clad 300-500 lb women surrounded by fully clothed men trying to get a hook up.

A lot of Becky's behavior reminds me of those women, and the pictures they post of these events. They are targeting their behavior for a specific audience, even though it repulses a lot of other people. She's not just floundering and looking the worst possible by chance - she's designing herself to look that way. There are occasional moments when she dresses up and the look isn't as extreme...like those cammies she screeched about having to wear.
Ha ha so she's a chubby chaser honey trap!! And good on you BTW. And I don't mean that patronisingly, I think it's admirable when anyone takes on a true challenge and succeeds.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:15 AM #5
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

No, especially not since her gimmick is being fat and fun and doing it for the fat gals out there.. fat and proud, going to eat alll the food etc.

Even worse that she's playing the victim after saying all that as well, so hate as you please!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julie Goodyear
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julie Goodyear
BB12: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheMods View Post

I'm ex forces and was also very disciplined with myself regarding fitness and diet. Now I'm older I'm much less regimented and tend to go easier on myself in that regard. I also take a 'broader' view, pardon the pun, and I'm a lot less judgemental about others, not only in the way they look but also in the way they choose to live their lives. It's a truism to say that unless we've walked a mile in someone's shoes we have no idea what that particular person is going through or has been through.

Having said that, I wouldn't say you were out of order because you have a strong reaction to obesity. We ALL have our flaws and I probably have more than most
Tourmaline is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:35 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
I'm ex forces and was also very disciplined with myself regarding fitness and diet. Now I'm older I'm much less regimented and tend to go easier on myself in that regard. I also take a 'broader' view, pardon the pun, and I'm a lot less judgemental about others, not only in the way they look but also in the way they choose to live their lives. It's a truism to say that unless we've walked a mile in someone's shoes we have no idea what that particular person is going through or has been through.

Having said that, I wouldn't say you were out of order because you have a strong reaction to obesity. We ALL have our flaws and I probably have more than most
Thanks for the input, eloquently put too. You can't have been Army!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:37 AM #8
The Ninja

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
CBB9: Gareth Thomas
The Ninja

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
CBB9: Gareth Thomas

She's a nasty piece of work. Turning everyone totally against Luke A cos of one tiny comment. I actually dont think she knew what BMI meant. She's just milking it and hoping for sympathy votes.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
becky, order