Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:40 AM #51

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

It's the Freddie effect - the public turned on him when, in their eyes, he became too cocky when he laughed at his main tormentor Lisa for being up for eviction. Instead of understanding his entirely normal reaction, he overnight became public enemy no. 1 when the GBP sided with the bully. Same thing is happening to Deana now.

It seems a lot of supporters of Deana had put her on a pedestal as some perfect ice queen, and instead of understanding the very human trait of her wanting some "payback" for the sh*t treatment she's received from the insider gang, they have turned on her for taking the opportunity of needling one of her main tormentors throughout the show. Luke S should be thanking her for the undeserved sympathy he is getting now,

Fairweather fans are easily swayed

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 AM #52
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesonMars View Post
When has there ever been a Holocaust against men by female hands like there was against women for centuries (witch burning)
Well in Finland, Russia, Estonia and a few other countries, there were more men accused and convicted of being witches than there were women

Last edited by MTVN; 08-08-2012 at 09:19 AM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 AM #53

Deana most likely and very understandably detests every single member of the Insiders as she has put up with their systematic victimisation for 8 weeks. The resentment will not just be towards the main aggressors Conor, Caroline and *******igh, but also towards their henchmen who would sit laughing with them whilst they bitched. Luke S is one of these people, as is Scott. When you are targeted, people who laugh with the aggressors are just as hurtful, and there is no earthly reason why Deana should forgive and forget just because Conor's won 50k and Becky's been booted out.
When Luke S wanted to demonstrate that Deana was materialistic to cement his status in the pack, where was his compassion. Deana is now evening the score and demonstrating that without a gang behind them, they are vapid and weak. She keeps at the same point because she is hurt and really angry about what she has been through, and at no point have any of these supposed innocents apologised to her for their action/inaction.
My only issue with Deana in this is that I don't find her funny. Bless her, she tries, but she really milks her gags and doesn't realise they're not that funny. She clearly thinks they are though. "Soldiers" was a slightly amusing concept at the start but it's been beaten to death, the buzzer gag was brilliant but she flogged that too, and the Charlie gag never took off but she loved it which was quite sweet.
Luke S lacks a personality and a sense of humour but this should not protect him from receiving just reward for his involvement in the anti-Deana bitching, which he and Ashley are still doing.
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 AM #54
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Deana most likely and very understandably detests every single member of the Insiders as she has put up with their systematic victimisation for 8 weeks. The resentment will not just be towards the main aggressors Conor, Caroline and *******igh, but also towards their henchmen who would sit laughing with them whilst they bitched. Luke S is one of these people, as is Scott. When you are targeted, people who laugh with the aggressors are just as hurtful, and there is no earthly reason why Deana should forgive and forget just because Conor's won 50k and Becky's been booted out.
When Luke S wanted to demonstrate that Deana was materialistic to cement his status in the pack, where was his compassion. Deana is now evening the score and demonstrating that without a gang behind them, they are vapid and weak. She keeps at the same point because she is hurt and really angry about what she has been through, and at no point have any of these supposed innocents apologised to her for their action/inaction.
My only issue with Deana in this is that I don't find her funny. Bless her, she tries, but she really milks her gags and doesn't realise they're not that funny. She clearly thinks they are though. "Soldiers" was a slightly amusing concept at the start but it's been beaten to death, the buzzer gag was brilliant but she flogged that too, and the Charlie gag never took off but she loved it which was quite sweet.
Luke S lacks a personality and a sense of humour but this should not protect him from receiving just reward for his involvement in the anti-Deana bitching, which he and Ashley are still doing.
She's acting like a bully and i'm very disappointed. I thought she was better than this.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 AM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
She's acting like a bully and i'm very disappointed. I thought she was better than this.
Nobody's "better than this". It's not even been a week since she was constantly being shouted down and belittled. Luke S and co. have repeatedly picked on everything she's done in the house. Look at Ashleigh demanding to know what had happened with the toaster when Deana was the only one in the kitchen. And now that self-proclaimed player and hardman Luke does something even dumber, Deana's a bully for getting her own back. I'd be taking the piss all day. You can't spend 8 weeks ripping it out of someone and then, when they find their voice, bow your head, start weeping and say "I don't want to play anymore."
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08 AM #56
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Nobody's "better than this". It's not even been a week since she was constantly being shouted down and belittled. Luke S and co. have repeatedly picked on everything she's done in the house. Look at Ashleigh demanding to know what had happened with the toaster when Deana was the only one in the kitchen. And now that self-proclaimed player and hardman Luke does something even dumber, Deana's a bully for getting her own back. I'd be taking the piss all day. You can't spend 8 weeks ripping it out of someone and then, when they find their voice, bow your head, start weeping and say "I don't want to play anymore."
She's going too far in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM #57
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi

When she was winding him up the other night when drunk i found it funny and i did laugh but since then shes become like a dog with a bone she won't let it drop and it isn't funny anymore. I wouldn't find it funny if she did it to HMs i do like. I can't stand Luke S but to me that doesn't make her behaviour to him anymore acceptable. I still like her i don't want her to win shes my third choice winner, but would like her in the final, she needs to let go of Luke and have fun for the last few days.

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:20 AM #58
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian-73 View Post
When she was winding him up the other night when drunk i found it funny and i did laugh but since then shes become like a dog with a bone she won't let it drop and it isn't funny anymore. I wouldn't find it funny if she did it to HMs i do like. I can't stand Luke S but to me that doesn't make her behaviour to him anymore acceptable. I still like her i don't want her to win shes my third choice winner, but would like her in the final, she needs to let go of Luke and have fun for the last few days.
Luke is an easy target because he's so mild mannered. He's handling it well so far, but everyone has their limits.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 AM #59
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I wouln't be doing a jig if I had missed out on 50k!
He has been ok surprisingly I thought ...
Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
I wouln't be doing a jig if I had missed out on 50k!
He has been ok surprisingly I thought ...

Poor Luke S - his only hope of some cash now is keeping up the pretence that he and Ashleigh are an item When she goes on Friday and he hears the boos, he's going to realise the GBP ain't buying it!

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Luke is an easy target because he's so mild mannered. He's handling it well so far, but everyone has their limits.
Mild mannered? So when he came back in the house from the white room task and Adam dared to be laughing about something how did that go? I think what you'll find was that he was dropping his new weepy-nice-guy persona for a second, in the outside world he'd probably have tried to bottle Adam the way he reacted.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 AM #62
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Poor Luke S - his only hope of some cash now is keeping up the pretence that he and Ashleigh are an item When she goes on Friday and he hears the boos, he's going to realise the GBP ain't buying it!
As deana would say AMEN to that
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM #63

Luke S is basically what Deana calls him "a robot"
pepper2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:52 PM #64
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

The simple answer is, he's an egotist. Anything that damages his ego is not funny to him. In his head, he's perfect.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 PM #65

Favourites (more):
BB13: Benedict

Favourites (more):
BB13: Benedict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialady View Post
Is it just me who thinks Deana's jokes are only made awkward by Luke's weird reaction? Why is he taking himself so seriously? It's not like Deana's making fun of his whole family dying, he lost 50 grand that was never his in the first place!!

The first time she did it, she was drunk.. The girl couldn't even stand up straight.. What we saw in tonights HL's had he just laughed it would have been alright but instead she gets a cold stare and 'I can't wait f'cking nominate you'.. Seriously.. Luke S is lucky Deana is giving his mundane-ness a storyline.

All this Luke S pity and comparing Deana to Conor/Caroline is making me cringe.
My take on this is Resentment.
Blaming others for what happens to us and how we feel about it.
Powerful stupid stuff.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
laugh, luke s