Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:07 PM #26

Deana is marching straight to victory. The haters are just mad because their favorite housemate will not get the better of her. That's why they constantly come on here to whine about her and make things up. They are just trying to persuade some of her voters to drop her and vote for their housemate instead.

Won't work though, Deana has too much support. The only person in there who truly deserves to win, bar Luke A possibly.
ransom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:08 PM #27
Stow Away

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Prince Lorenzo
BB13: Benedict
Stow Away

Favourites (more):

Hey remember when Deana committed the heinous crime of not liking spam and tobasco sauce baked into a cake, and was accused of losing a task which the housemates DIDNT LOSE?? For a full day a large group of people loudly said horrible things about her and got their mob mentality on. A large group including a lot of muscly alpha males. It was so heated that even though Deana didn't know this, someone made a long rant threatening graphic violence to a few people and they laughed? I can't imagine anyone I spend time with saying something like that to anyone else without the other person calling them out but it was so heated it was considered normal.

She was in a house of people that hated her and she didn't let it concern her at all. The most she did was roll her eyes and say they should grow up. Have you ever been trapped with a large group of people that do nothing but talk about how horrible you are? I have. Not a lot of people can handle that without crumbling, I assure you.

These people then wonder why she gets saved and decide it's because she is playing the victim.

Then the roles are switched and Luke is no longer in his comfy protected position in the group. Deana has the nerve to compare him to Charley and the Chocolate factory... a comparison which ISNT NEGATIVE and ACTUALLY APPLIES TO HIS SITUATION! He pouts and looks pained, says he's going to nominate her and storms off.

WHO IS PLAYING THE VICTIM?!

She is hardly doing anything to him. He's just use to being safe, protected, coddled and treated special because he was in a pack of mean nasty people.

If people have such a short memory or such a dim understanding of human nature that they don't know why Deana isn't Luke S's best friend, then sod them. Like I said a few weeks ago, she could lose a third of her followers but unless they went directly to the #2 person, she will still end up winning.

Last edited by glasstangerine; 08-08-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: and another thing...
glasstangerine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:11 PM #28

I agree with the OP and people should remember when Deana told Luke S to his face that his relationship with Ashleigh was fake. That was far more plucky and assertive than anything she's said in the last few days. All this 'Deana's changed' rubbish has come from BOTS (how predictable) and Conor fans who are desperate after he walked.
halfacrown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM #29
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by PInternet View Post
She called him out by continuously talking about the 50K to see his reaction. If he really (as he says) made the moral choice not to take the money (which is not even an option as he in fact, did press the button) then he wouldn't get so upset about the comments and would instead be proud of his 'decision'.

The Charlie and the Golden Ticket joke is just a JOKE. Charlie does not hold a negative connotation and is a well-loved famous movie character. Who wouldn't want the golden ticket to the final? Luke S, instead of joining in on joking around plays the victim. He knows exactly what he is doing.
Still not really calling him out, just saying he should've pushed it faster and then laughing, saying sorry and laughing again.

The whole Golden Ticket thing is still a diss that he didn't push the button faster. It was very passive agressive. She knew it would make him uncomfortable so she kept it up. The bullied has become the bully.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM #30

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Deana wont let this drop.... she wants a reaction and she isnt going to get one. She knows the public have supported the outsiders as the insiders have all but been disposed of. She thinks the public will find her 'revenge' amusing.... but she doesnt give the public any crediblity because having had the public sympathy of being the victim to then ridicule someone and continually goad them to the point of tears makes her as bad as the rest. The impact though will be stronger...and her behaviour shows her as being a complete user.
She couldnt get the better of Conor, Becky or Caroline because they were loud spiteful people....so she became (or played) their victim. On the other hand she would have no fear putting down Sara, Luke S and Scott because she knew she was stronger.
Now those 'forceful' characters have gone she reigns supreme....she sees herself as the Head of House and is running it her way and her treatment of Luke will be her fall.
Excellent analysis.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 PM #31
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
It was a bad highlights show for Deana. Even some of her fans thought she went too far with Luke. She needs to stop picking on people.

Oh come on.

How can you call it "picking" when he is SUCH an easy target?

He's got a mouth and a big bollock so can easily fight back or can he only do that when he's got man pals around him or *******igh's mouth fighting for him?

Besides he ripped into her plenty of times (with the backing of the pack) and tried to make her out like a money grabbing, camera loving, back stabbing HM many times.

It's karma and he needs to take it like a man or bail out while he still has a tiny shred of dignity left.
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:21 PM #32
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
Still not really calling him out, just saying he should've pushed it faster and then laughing, saying sorry and laughing again.

The whole Golden Ticket thing is still a diss that he didn't push the button faster. It was very passive agressive. She knew it would make him uncomfortable so she kept it up. The bullied has become the bully.
It shouldn't make him uncomfortable if he indeed, as he says, made the moral choice to not take the money. Why would he care if somebody said he should have pushed the button faster if he 'purposely' did not press it? He's trying to save face and very poorly hide the fact that he's greedy and only cares about money and Deana is doing a good job of forcing him to reveal how he really feels.

To quote Scott after the flowers vs money argument where Luke S tried to make Deana seem like a gold-digger:

"During a conversation with Becky, Scott questioned why it was okay for Luke S to be self-righteous about Deana’s ideas on money (one of the arguments Luke and Deana had last night) yet he “really wants money,” implying that Scott thought Luke S was being hypocritical."
PInternet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:25 PM #33
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Deana wont let this drop.... she wants a reaction and she isnt going to get one. She knows the public have supported the outsiders as the insiders have all but been disposed of. She thinks the public will find her 'revenge' amusing.... but she doesnt give the public any crediblity because having had the public sympathy of being the victim to then ridicule someone and continually goad them to the point of tears makes her as bad as the rest. The impact though will be stronger...and her behaviour shows her as being a complete user.
She couldnt get the better of Conor, Becky or Caroline because they were loud spiteful people....so she became (or played) their victim. On the other hand she would have no fear putting down Sara, Luke S and Scott because she knew she was stronger.
Now those 'forceful' characters have gone she reigns supreme....she sees herself as the Head of House and is running it her way and her treatment of Luke will be her fall.

I disagree.

I think she's way beyond doing anything for the public anymore.

Girls doing it for herself. She's been surpressed for too many weeks and can now let it all out.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 PM #34
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It shouldn't make him uncomfortable if he indeed, as he says, made the moral choice to not take the money. Why would he care if somebody said he should have pushed the button faster if he 'purposely' did not press it? He's trying to save face and very poorly hide the fact that he's greedy and only cares about money and Deana is doing a good job of forcing him to reveal how he really feels.

To quote Scott after the flowers vs money argument where Luke S tried to make Deana seem like a gold-digger:

"During a conversation with Becky, Scott questioned why it was okay for Luke S to be self-righteous about Deana’s ideas on money (one of the arguments Luke and Deana had last night) yet he “really wants money,” implying that Scott thought Luke S was being hypocritical."
He kept saying in the DR he was questioning his decision because of Deana. He was most likely very confused, it was a hard situation to be in and none of us know what it would be really like. The last thing you need is someone constantly poking you about it. None of the other HM's did it, so why did she feel the need to? Who is she to force out how he really feels? She just loves uncomfortable situations and basically making people feel like ****
Old 08-08-2012, 12:35 PM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Caroline and Deana were friendly with each other. Becky was too busy flailing about to be able to form a single coherent sentence. A doorknob could have gotten "the better of her". Luke A already shut her down anyway. Conor and Deana never actually spoke and his hatred for her stemmed from that first week nomination as well as implying that he was intimidated because Deana was a strong, self-made woman.

As far as bringing Luke S to tears, I'm fairly sure he was more upset about losing the money than he was about anything that Deana said. The reason he is acting the victim to Deana is because she completely destroyed his facade of morality. After we all watched him press the button in the White Room and then cry when he realized Conor pressed it first, he continues to say that he made the right choice by not pressing the button and that he shouldn't question his morals. BUT HE DID PRESS THE BUTTON. Deana is the only one calling him out on this. If he truly believed that he made a 'choice' not to take the money then he would just laugh off Deana's comments.
Laughing in his face, apologizing then carrying on and on and on doing the same thing isn't 'calling him out'. Fine if she wanted to 'call him out' by saying what she felt about it to him then letting it go. Her character has been shown up by this episode more than anything so far. She could chose to be adult and discuss her feelings with him or she could turn into a childish playground taunter.
Deana watches people carefully to gauge their weaknesses and faults and then sets about showing them up in the worst possible way. Who is she to be the judge and exposer of anyone's morals or actions in such a cruel, belitting way? She has dug her own grave. What goes around comes around.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 PM #36
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Laughing in his face, apologizing then carrying on and on and on doing the same thing isn't 'calling him out'. Fine if she wanted to 'call him out' by saying what she felt about it to him then letting it go. Her character has been shown up by this episode more than anything so far. She could chose to be adult and discuss her feelings with him or she could turn into a childish playground taunter.
Deana watches people carefully to gauge their weaknesses and faults and then sets about showing them up in the worst possible way. Who is she to be the judge and exposer of anyone's morals or actions in such a cruel, belitting way? She has dug her own grave. What goes around comes around.
I know! Kharma is a beautiful thing!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 PM #37
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He kept saying in the DR he was questioning his decision because of Deana. He was most likely very confused, it was a hard situation to be in and none of us know what it would be really like. The last thing you need is someone constantly poking you about it. None of the other HM's did it, so why did she feel the need to? Who is she to force out how he really feels? She just loves uncomfortable situations and basically making people feel like ****
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here by even replying again but the fact is that Luke S has in the past made Deana out to seem that she only cares about money while he is morally way above that. This was her chance to show that Luke S is a hypocrite and she took it. Fault her for that all you want but it's fair play in my opinion.

Let's also not forget that Conor was the main source of Deana feeling low in the house and Luke S did nothing but support Conor's crusade against Deana even laughing during the famous epilator rant. Now that Luke S was screwed over by Conor, Deana is feeling a sense of karmic justice.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:43 PM #38
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):

Quote:
. Who is she to be the judge and exposer of anyone's morals or actions in such a cruel, belitting way?
Yes, a woman saying that a grown man has received a golden ticket to have a place in the final is SO cruel and belittling. She should be booted from the house instantly. Come on all, let's get some epilators to shove in her.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalite View Post
Oh come on.

How can you call it "picking" when he is SUCH an easy target?

He's got a mouth and a big bollock so can easily fight back or can he only do that when he's got man pals around him or *******igh's mouth fighting for him?

Besides he ripped into her plenty of times (with the backing of the pack) and tried to make her out like a money grabbing, camera loving, back stabbing HM many times.

It's karma and he needs to take it like a man or bail out while he still has a tiny shred of dignity left.
Absolute nonsense. He had a disagreement with her about money. Big deal. They have all had disagreements and arguments at one time or another. He is one of the least bitchy HM's and of all the Insiders, probably was nicer to her than any of them.
If the situation was reversed, you'd be saying Deana was 'smart' to want to take the money; that she was trying to change the story because she was embarrassed and if Luke S was taunting her like that, you would be fuming. Come on, admit it! Many a HM had been vilified for doing far less to the Princess (not counting Conor here)
Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 PM #40
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here by even replying again but the fact is that Luke S has in the past made Deana out to seem that she only cares about money while he is morally way above that. This was her chance to show that Luke S is a hypocrite and she took it. Fault her for that all you want but it's fair play in my opinion.

Let's also not forget that Conor was the main source of Deana feeling low in the house and Luke S did nothing but support Conor's crusade against Deana even laughing during the famous epilator rant. Now that Luke S was screwed over by Conor, Deana is feeling a sense of karmic justice.
Well, I just don't get why her whole behaviour is being justified by the "eye for an eye" thing. If Deana was being the victim of stuff before, why start being nasty to other people? I also though people liked her cos she was meant to be diginifed and rise above it (which is of course not true). It all just seems rather hypocritical to me.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:51 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes, a woman saying that a grown man has received a golden ticket to have a place in the final is SO cruel and belittling. She should be booted from the house instantly. Come on all, let's get some epilators to shove in her.
She is 'just saying' is she? Okay. *sign*
And your sarcasm about the epilator is disgusting. No need for that at all.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 PM #42
Stow Away

Favourites (more):
Stow Away

Favourites (more):

PInternet it really annoys me when you make points I can't refute.
glasstangerine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:59 PM #43
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well, I just don't get why her whole behaviour is being justified by the "eye for an eye" thing. If Deana was being the victim of stuff before, why start being nasty to other people? I also though people liked her cos she was meant to be diginifed and rise above it (which is of course not true). It all just seems rather hypocritical to me.
Every housemate has been nasty to someone else at some point in the house. That's just what happens when you live together with strangers for such a long time. However, other than Conor's vile epilator rant, no other bit of "nastiness" has brought about such rage as a comment about a golden ticket.

Deana was made to feel like an outsider way before the term "Outsiders" was even used to describe that group of housemates. She felt alone in the house, constantly being berated, used, and even back-stabbed by the majority of vile housemates who she alone could not say anything against as she would be throwing herself to the dogs who would gang up on her. Now that the house is more balanced, she feels that she could finally speak her feelings on an equal ground and is letting out pent-up emotions. This does not make her any less deserving of a winner.

Luke S knows that Deana has repeatedly been saved by the public even topping the votes. Thus, he avoids responding to her comments for fear that he will ruin his chances of winning. Now that he can't live vicariously through the vile comments of Conor or Becky, his only defense mechanism is to play the victim card as he sees this as the least confrontational way to respond to Deana and hopefully gain more votes in the process.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:02 PM #44
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:

Quote:
Absolute nonsense. He had a disagreement with her about money. Big deal. They have all had disagreements and arguments at one time or another. He is one of the least bitchy HM's and of all the Insiders, probably was nicer to her than any of them.
If the situation was reversed, you'd be saying Deana was 'smart' to want to take the money; that she was trying to change the story because she was embarrassed and if Luke S was taunting her like that, you would be fuming. Come on, admit it! Many a HM had been vilified for doing far less to the Princess (not counting Conor here)

If the situation was reversed I'd be backing Luke S and not Deana. Why would I not admit that?

However, it's not. Deana has the balls to say most things to a HM's face unlike many of the others.

You forget that the conversation he had with her was in the bedroom with other HM's present not one-on-one with Deana. He then continued to snigger and talk about his conversation and that she is only in the house and after the money to the rest of his pack.

You also forget that when he went to confront her about the fact that she called his relationship with *******igh fake he was the one that backed off and then said behind her back "this is war". Yeah big man!

For a long time Deana was on her own and everyone she thought she could rely on stabbed her in the back. She's not been perfect and perhaps she is going a tad overboard I'll give you that, but cut her some slack because she's put up with enought **** in that house and besides it's extremely entertaining in a house that has suddenly become very boring and much less entertaining with those that are left.

Last edited by Marmalite; 08-08-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:04 PM #45
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She is 'just saying' is she? Okay. *sign*
And your sarcasm about the epilator is disgusting. No need for that at all.
Oh, I definitely agree that it is disgusting. It's stark contrast to me saying something like "Let's all give Luke S golden tickets" isn't it?

Deana was playfully winding Luke S up with her Charlie and the golden ticket comments. What she was saying was in a playful, not an angry tone, possibly with a slight hint of deserved obnoxiousness.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

NONE of the HM's defended Deana over Conor's rant, not even her great friends Adam and Luke A. And where is the footage of Luke S laughing at Conor's rant? The only time he laughs is when Deana says to Caroline 'maybe it's your pubes' - and EVERYONE laughed at that. It's unfair to make up things that aren't true to support your hatred of someone.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM #47
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):
Smashin' Em

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And where is the footage of Luke S laughing at Conor's rant? It's unfair to make up things that aren't true to support your hatred of someone.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsg...tfilms?start=0

At :28 seconds when they zoom out and show the people sitting around the couch, please look at Luke S. Blow up to full screen if you have to. Thanks for playing, friend.

Last edited by PInternet; 08-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh, I definitely agree that it is disgusting. It's stark contrast to me saying something like "Let's all give Luke S golden tickets" isn't it?

Deana was playfully winding Luke S up with her Charlie and the golden ticket comments. What she was saying was in a playful, not an angry tone, possibly with a slight hint of deserved obnoxiousness.
That is your opinion, and I disagree, as many others on this forum obviously do. IMO she was being neither playful nor angry, she was being goading and belittling for a purpose - to get air time. She succeeded, but not in the way she wanted.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 PM #49

After the way Luke S tried to call Deana up about wanting the money, then she saw him go for the 50k and miss, she is going to rub it in. If he didn't move his hand for it the reaction would have been different in the house. She has talked about it a few times in the last few days and it will always make it to the highlights, so it amplifies the situation through highlights.
cell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM #50
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell View Post
After the way Luke S tried to call Deana up about wanting the money, then she saw him go for the 50k and miss, she is going to rub it in. If he didn't move his hand for it the reaction would have been different in the house. She has talked about it a few times in the last few days and it will always make it to the highlights, so it amplifies the situation through highlights.
But the joke was only funny the first time. She said sorry to him, then carried on talking about it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
sera