Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 PM #1
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Default Deana's gone on the biggest journey. [Why she should win]

I think out of all the housemates this entire series, Deana's gone through the most in the house and been on the biggest journey.

She was the first to enter and was given to task to be the sole housemate to nominate. Who could forget her reason for nominating Victoria, because "she has evil eyes". She was put in a tough position, and was left alienated by the rest of the house because of this. Later, Deana was chosen by Becky as her target for the "best friend task". Deana had been alienated in the house since the beginning, and Becky saw this and took advantage of her for the task. After the task, poor Deana was dropped like a hot potato by Becky.

It was still an uphill battle from there on out for her. Who can forget Deana's ongoing conflict with Conor and Arron. Both taunted and ridiculed her, but she never let herself become a victim. She stood up for herself at any opportunity she could and always came out looking like the bigger person. She never backed down. Of course there was also Deana's frenemy relationship with Lydia. You could never really tell whether they were friends or enemy's, but for the first weeks Lydia was the only one Deana really had despite Lydia often being quite cruel towards her. Deana was an easy target to those in the house. She got into confrontations with Lydia, Arron, Shievonne, Caroline, Becky, Conor, Ashleigh, Luke S, and Sara. That sure is alot. But out of everyone confrontation, Deana never backed down from these confrontations always came out looking the best.

After Lydia left, that's when Deana joined bonds with the Outsiders and became the Queen of her Soliders. She was finally able to have people in the house who accepted and supported her.

What is it that makes Deana such a special housemate? I think it's that people admire the way she's dealt with situations in the house. She always seemed to be on the outs, but she never let it stop her from being herself and enjoying herself. She never let anybody bring her down, and she stood up to the bullies with dignity and class.

I undoubtly think Deana has been the biggest character this series, being involved in so many storylines and talking points and as a constant topic of discussion both amongst the housemates and amongst fans online. She received the most nominations this series for a reason, her name was on everyone's lips! Deana has a very multi-faceted personality, which is perhaps why Conor claimed she has a "split personality!" We saw her go through alot in the house. She laughed, she cried, she argued, she danced, but most of all she was true to herself and never tried to be anything but herself.

This is why I think Deana is the most deserving winner to end the series. I think the winner of Big Brother should always be the person who's gone on the biggest journey in the house, and I think this year that person is Deana.

Last edited by iRyan; 12-08-2012 at 10:47 PM.
iRyan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 PM #2
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Fantastic thread

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 PM #3
xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

This is a beautiful post
if Deana wins tomorrow, it will be the most fufilled i have ever felt with a BB win
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 PM #4

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

watchin some of those past clips tonights made me remember just how hard it was to watch and how bad those people are we forget quicly , im still shocked she never walked im pretty sure most people would have, and to keep her humour is amazing througout,

she defentialy has been on the bigest journey and done the most and said the most and risked the most out of all those there.

deana or adam to win for me i,ll be happy, wont be if luke a wins he is nice enough but too sneaky n has done little

Last edited by smeagol; 12-08-2012 at 10:49 PM.
smeagol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’

Favourites (more):

she has but HMs like that has never won a series
aisleyne came close

if she wins, she'll be the first

usually its hms who stayed neutral in public's eye that becomes winner i.e sophie, brian belo, anthony etc

Continually liking -Adam-Luke A-Luke S-

Continually embarrassing themselves -Caroline-Becky-Scott-Ashleigh

Shame they are gone -Chris-Benidict-Lydia-Victoria-Shivonne-Lauren

Glad they are gone -Arron

wtf? -Conor
rayheartbliss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

she has but HMs like that has never won a series
aisleyne came close

if she wins, she'll be the first

usually its hms who stayed neutral in public's eye that becomes winner i.e sophie, brian belo, anthony etc

Continually liking -Adam-Luke A-Luke S-

Continually embarrassing themselves -Caroline-Becky-Scott-Ashleigh

Shame they are gone -Chris-Benidict-Lydia-Victoria-Shivonne-Lauren

Glad they are gone -Arron

wtf? -Conor
rayheartbliss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:29 PM #7

I couldnt help but notice that she has changed her tact again. She heard the boos and has gone all coy and sympathetic again. I find this disturbing and question if she plans her next move based on what we want to see and hear from her. Have any of us seen the real Deana, I dont think we have actually.

I have gone from being a massive fan to someone who after 9 weeks cant figure her at all. There is nothing worse than a player and I thought I had learned my lesson after Aaron but aparently not. Real people cant win BB anymore.
Pauline Wilson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 PM #8

Conor went on the biggest journey. Laughed the whole way to the bank too.

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 PM #9
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
Conor went on the biggest journey. Laughed the whole way to the bank too.
Downhill journeys don't count

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 12:12 AM #10

Deana simply doesnt deserve to win... selfish, disloyal and untrusrtworthy...simples!!
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 12:13 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BBUSA16: Zach

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BBUSA16: Zach

Old 13-08-2012, 12:26 AM #12
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Downhill journeys don't count
Old 13-08-2012, 12:38 AM #13

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
I think out of all the housemates this entire series, Deana's gone through the most in the house and been on the biggest journey.

She was the first to enter and was given to task to be the sole housemate to nominate. Who could forget her reason for nominating Victoria, because "she has evil eyes". She was put in a tough position, and was left alienated by the rest of the house because of this. Later, Deana was chosen by Becky as her target for the "best friend task". Deana had been alienated in the house since the beginning, and Becky saw this and took advantage of her for the task. After the task, poor Deana was dropped like a hot potato by Becky.

It was still an uphill battle from there on out for her. Who can forget Deana's ongoing conflict with Conor and Arron. Both taunted and ridiculed her, but she never let herself become a victim. She stood up for herself at any opportunity she could and always came out looking like the bigger person. She never backed down. Of course there was also Deana's frenemy relationship with Lydia. You could never really tell whether they were friends or enemy's, but for the first weeks Lydia was the only one Deana really had despite Lydia often being quite cruel towards her. Deana was an easy target to those in the house. She got into confrontations with Lydia, Arron, Shievonne, Caroline, Becky, Conor, Ashleigh, Luke S, and Sara. That sure is alot. But out of everyone confrontation, Deana never backed down from these confrontations always came out looking the best.

After Lydia left, that's when Deana joined bonds with the Outsiders and became the Queen of her Soliders. She was finally able to have people in the house who accepted and supported her.

What is it that makes Deana such a special housemate? I think it's that people admire the way she's dealt with situations in the house. She always seemed to be on the outs, but she never let it stop her from being herself and enjoying herself. She never let anybody bring her down, and she stood up to the bullies with dignity and class.

I undoubtly think Deana has been the biggest character this series, being involved in so many storylines and talking points and as a constant topic of discussion both amongst the housemates and amongst fans online. She received the most nominations this series for a reason, her name was on everyone's lips! Deana has a very multi-faceted personality, which is perhaps why Conor claimed she has a "split personality!" We saw her go through alot in the house. She laughed, she cried, she argued, she danced, but most of all she was true to herself and never tried to be anything but herself.

This is why I think Deana is the most deserving winner to end the series. I think the winner of Big Brother should always be the person who's gone on the biggest journey in the house, and I think this year that person is Deana.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 12:40 AM #14

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Deana simply doesnt deserve to win... selfish, disloyal and untrusrtworthy...simples!!
Clearly didn't read the OP
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 12:42 AM #15
fur sure

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
CBB14: Gary

fur sure

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Alicia Douvall
CBB14: Gary

She is the only central character left. I like everybody in there, but if she's the only one that deserves it IMO.
Old 13-08-2012, 01:18 AM #16

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Good post from the OP, if you are a blind Deana fan....
But why has most of the OP's points saying why Deana should win all been about Deana being a victim? Is that what a winner should be? A victim who has shown clearly enough that she is very capable of standing up for herself - and that she can victimize other people just as well?
What about her over the top taunting of Luke S, her trying to show Sara up - both showing how she goes on and on and on and can't let things go?
Why would she say someone she has just met has 'evil eyes' - that's pretty horrible, is it not?
Where is her dignity and class when she is cussing?
What about her patronizing, arrogant side? That often she has the look of someone who has a bad smell under her nose?

I would be more impressed if the OP could tell us about Deana's many entertaining moments, when she has been endearing, funny, vulnerable, adventurous, creative...in other words gave us some truly memorable moments that winners should have. But wait - there aren't any, so the victim card will have to suffice.

Apart from being picked on, how entertaining or likable is she really?

Someone being victimized and in return victimizing others does not a deserving winner make.

Last edited by jet; 13-08-2012 at 01:26 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 01:35 AM #17
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
But why has most of the OP's points saying why Deana should win all been about Deana being a victim? Is that what a winner should be? A victim who has shown clearly enough that she is very capable of standing up for herself - and that she can victimize other people just as well?
What about her over the top taunting of Luke S, her trying to show Sara up - both showing how she goes on and on and on and can't let things go?
Why would she say someone she has just met has 'evil eyes' - that's pretty horrible, is it not?
What about her patronizing, arrogant side? That often she has the look of someone who has a bad smell under her nose?

I would be more impressed if the OP could tell us about Deana's many entertaining moments, when she has been endearing, funny, vulnerable, adventurous, creative...in other words gave us some truly memorable moments that winners should have. But wait - there aren't any, so the victim card will have to suffice.

Someone being victimized and in return victimizing others does not a deserving winner make.
She's been the central character all series - that makes her a winner.
Luke S has relied on a showmance, Sara has relied on drunken rants..

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 01:40 AM #18

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Quote:

She has had endless endearing, funny, vulnerable, adventurous, creative moments ... and showed enormous courage and dignity and beauty and nobility and sweetness and fortitude and forgiveness ... and ... oh I could go on and on ... each time I look at her she melts my heart ... and vast numbers of other people feel exactly like that too ... nothing to do with victimhood ... and boy, can she DANCE ... I love her ...

Sorry jet ... maybe you have a sensitivity chip missing ... I don't know what it is ... but I have never felt so surrounded by like minded people and I know that you and yours are in the minority on all the BB forums ...
Ultra Violet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 01:45 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
She's been the central character all series - that makes her a winner.
Luke S has relied on a showmance, Sara has relied on drunken rants..
That's true enough - but for all the wrong reasons. It will be a very disappointing end to a very promising and exciting launch if she wins - and it looks written in stone.

Last edited by jet; 13-08-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 13-08-2012, 07:59 AM #20
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

anti deana members will say she played the game but i say the game played her.
she is the only person there that truly deserves to win.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 08:57 AM #21
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

I am not really bothered that much who wins this BB, good luck to whoever does, but whenever I hear or read that a BB housemate has been on a journey and that is the reason they deserve to win, it can have the opposite effect and put me right off them, as it is only a gameshow, none have been on a journey, they are stuck in a house and paid for that time in there, and know roughly what to expect and are there to entertain those interested in BB enough to vote for certain housemates. I don't care if they are percieved to have gone on a 10,13 ... week? magical BB journey, I am only interested in whether they are entertaining enough for my viewing or not.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 13-08-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 09:05 AM #22
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

I have highlighted a few points relating to your perception of deana, I find it strange you only see these traits in her and in no other HM....
Did conor not victimise?
Did luke S not try to show deana up?
Did becky not have a patronising, arrogant side?
Did sara not have trouble letting things go?
Did ashleigh not cuss?
Did caroline not have the look of someone with a bad smell under her nose?

Deana in my opinion has been entertaining in the fact that I enjoyed watching her over the last 10 weeks battle against being suppressed. Showing great resillience and strength of character, to become confident enough to challenge those who have belittled her.
During both the task with Nina and the meal with luke S she was open and honest about her experiences in the house and it is for those reasons I support her...
It is not 'blind faith' I have just seen qualities in deana that you can't see.
Old 13-08-2012, 09:18 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto_matt View Post
you need an injection of empathy my friend. you come across pretty hateful.. do you read the stuff you write?

bb is a tv show, its a game show, its entertainment, its artificial, its produced, its not true reality and in regards to Deana, you need to realize just because you don't understand someone it doesn't mean they are bad. Im not sure how old you are but the things you say on here give off the impression you have not had alot of life experience and alot of the stuff you say is pretty ignorant and hypocritical. Why don't you ever post anything positive on here? How about starting a thread about your favorite housemate? Why is it always Deana this, Deana that? It gets old....

It doesn't come across very well dude...
My opinions getting to you, are they?
If you happen to come across my earlier posts or wish to check you will find I had plenty of empathy for Deana and none at all for Conor (but I suppose THAT was okay?)
I think you will also find I started threads for my fav HM Scott.

I don't think Deana is all bad nor do I hate her. BB is a game show, its entertainment and I amuse myself by reading and posting here why I don't think Deana is a worthy winner and why I thought Scott was. Lighten up! I think it is very immature of you to call someones views ignorant and hypocritical just because they don't fall in line with your own.

As for not understanding Deana - how can anyone, including you, understand someone they have never met and is on a reality TV show where the object is to win the game? Come on now!

We can only say what we see, and I see Deana as often cold, arrogant, patronizing and with a rather cruel sense of humour. I see some good points (she is more often dignified than not; she isn't as obviously bitchy as most of the HM's) - but for me the negatives far outweigh the positives and I just don't much like what I see. As the old saying goes, it's different strokes for different folks.
Insulting people whose opinions don't match your own isn't a nice trait.
Old 13-08-2012, 10:07 AM #24
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I am not really bothered that much who wins this BB, good luck to whoever does, but whenever I hear or read that a BB housemate has been on a journey and that is the reason they deserve to win, it can have the opposite effect and put me right off them, as it is only a gameshow, none have been on a journey, they are stuck in a house and paid for that time in there, and know roughly what to expect and are there to entertain those interested in BB enough to vote for certain housemates. I don't care if they are percieved to have gone on a 10,13 ... week? magical BB journey, I am only interested in whether they are entertaining enough for my viewing or not.
Exactly, Deana will most likely go back to living the same life she did before and we'll never hear from her again. She doesn't really have the right personality to stick around on BOTS, and that's basically all they get these days. Going on BB won't be great for her Bollywood career either.

Last edited by InOne; 13-08-2012 at 10:16 AM.
InOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 10:08 AM #25

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Favourites:
BB7: Nikki

Amazing post there iRyan!!

Her winning in tonight's final would be the perfect end to this series for me.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggest, deana, journey, win